[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11.0][raphael] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

olus

Oct 4, 2008
Hi,

I've read all thread and tried many solutions to have LOS encrypted and that I can still do have backup that I can successfully restore TWRP backup when I needed. As remmember I've tried following in couple days back.
  1. Format Data and start with clean flash of firmware, ROM, Magisk.
  2. Backup without pattern and when restore and boot I have semi usable system withont navigation and notification bars displayed, also displayed in other tries. If pattern is enabled it just showing "System is starting",
  3. Many recoveries TWRP, SHRP, PB, OFox,
  4. Firmware 12.0.2.0, 12.0.3.0 versions,
  5. Older LOS 18 and 18.1 versions,
  6. Flashing fastboot MIUI and than TWRP, ROM, Magisk.
  7. Format data as EXT4.
I don't like to trade security with DFE or either to return to MIUI, but in my case I have two options eather to have encrypted system and no usable backup that I can restore or to have unsecured phone with option to have backup if needed. Please help.

Thanks in advance.
stay encrypted without backups. you can use apps like titanium backup, swift backup etc for backing up most important things, settings, apps, etc.

i cant understand why so many people recommend an unencrypted device. yes, i know "i have nothing to hide, im not criminal, they can look at my phone, my house and even in my ass. i have nothing to hide, come and look..".

mauam

Jan 26, 2011
stay encrypted without backups. you can use apps like titanium backup, swift backup etc for backing up most important things, settings, apps, etc.

i cant understand why so many people recommend an unencrypted device. yes, i know "i have nothing to hide, im not criminal, they can look at my phone, my house and even in my ass. i have nothing to hide, come and look..".
This is not addressed to anyone in particular, but yes, you're right. We're seeing too many people recommending unencryption here. Perhaps under the influence on what they read in k20 pro telegram groups, which I use to get my daily laugh fix. You find all kinds of stupidity there.

mauam

Jan 26, 2011
The biggest security flaw is unlocking bootloader to start with after doing that I'm not sure what levels of security people expect in reality.
Even if they pin exactly what you said in a thread title or a telegram group, at some point people start to ask you about encrypted or decrypted.

ko20010214QQ

Apr 29, 2021
When I use NFC, it doesn't work. I mean, when I put my phone close to the NFC card, nothing happened except to turn off the NFC function! I set the NFC function ON in the settings, but when I get close to the NFC card, it turns off NFC automaticlly! I flashed an ACIP ROM into my phone. It supports NFC function, but unfortunately, it doesn't work either. Maybe it's my fault? Why can't I use NFC? It drives me crazy, and it's an important feature for me.

sam00561

Jan 31, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3

ESmazter

Oct 27, 2007
Which LineageOS 18.1 source do you mount in order to compile this? That's the only required submodule, right?
I don't know what you mean. The manifest is here:

I have tried to compile it today again but it still only goes to fastboot. It does build successfully so I do not know what secret we are missing.

Reactions: 64ashg and Maksvr

Maksvr

Feb 12, 2009
I don't know what you mean. The manifest is here:

I have tried to compile it today again but it still only goes to fastboot. It does build successfully so I do not know what secret we are missing.
Really nice that you are trying to compile it yourself. I will give it a try tomorrow.

I guess you don't have any error messages/log since it directly goes to fastboot?

ESmazter

Oct 27, 2007
Thank you but that's me. ;)
Really nice that you are trying to compile it yourself. I will give it a try tomorrow.

I guess you don't have any error messages/log since it directly goes to fastboot?
No I don't know how to get logs at that point. In what situations does it go to fastboot as well? I have tried to install a different kernel as well to see if it is a kernel issue but same problem.

Maybe OP would share his secret if we collect donations and pay him some money.

Here is a command which I used the last time. The manifest file is in the repo.

Bash:
#!/bin/bash

mkdir -p volume/lineage
mkdir -p volume/zips
mkdir -p volume/logs
mkdir -p volume/cache
mkdir -p volume/keys
mkdir -p volume/manifests

docker run \
    -e "BRANCH_NAME=lineage-18.1" \
    -e "DEVICE_LIST=raphael" \
    -e "SIGN_BUILDS=true" \
    -e "INCLUDE_PROPRIETARY=false" \
    -e "CCACHE_SIZE=60G" \
    -e "WITH_SU=true" \
    -e "RELEASE_TYPE=UNOFFICIAL" \
    -v "./volume/lineage:/srv/src" \
    -v "./volume/zips:/srv/zips" \
    -v "./volume/logs:/srv/logs" \
    -v "./volume/cache:/srv/ccache" \
    -v "./volume/keys:/srv/keys" \
    -v "./volume/manifests:/srv/local_manifests" \
    lineageos4microg/docker-lineage-cicd

ESmazter

Oct 27, 2007
damn, i knew it ^^
Haha no problem. At the moment I have also a strange issue with OP's build. It is just stuck at the boot logo. That's why I am not using the phone at the moment and can test with it.

I have made some changes to the repository. Maybe it is time to open a new thread for this? What do you guys think?

Maybe this does not work because it has no prebuilt kernel?

Last edited:

Rootthecause

May 16, 2021
Germany
Hi!
I got my Mi 9T Pro two days ago and since I love LAOS on my OP2, the build by abhishek987 was a major consideration to purchase this model.
I bricked it a few times because of encryption (unbrick with MiFlash), but after I figured out about Disable_DM-Verty_ForceEncrypt the installation worked like a charm. As I'm reading on here, it seems that encryption is possible, and I would like to do that, if it is workling reliable (without eating data) and also without needing to reinstall all apps and configs. Is that possible?

I've chossen the Gapps build (20210222 Unofficial Rapahel Gapps) because as far as I know there is no such Open GApps "lite" for Android 11. The deep google integration is bothering me, especially the assistant. I think I disabled 99% of that suff, but I whish to be more sure about that. So is it a "take it - or leave it" option when it comes to Play store? Can we expect an Open GApps build for Android 11?

So far I'm using LAOS 18.1 on the 9T pro without major issuse, so I'll use it as daily driver - big shoutout to the developer abhishek987! I whish to donate something, but I respect his words in the donation description. So instead I think about donating to LineageOS LLC.

Bugs'n'stuff

So far, the only bug I have is the 48 MP sensor. I have tried the ANXCamera (which gives me the other lenses and a ton of funtionality back compared to the stock ROM 🤗), but the resolution is 12 MP and when I turn on 48 MP Mode, its 2,8 MP ?!??? Even with the 48MPFixR (ver. 200 and 201) I had no luck. Was anybody able to get this working?
Portrait Mode is only working in Camera PX (GCam Mod), otherwise I'll get an error in ANXCamera.

Nice stuff​

Try the Wifi Bonding Plugin in Magisk - I was able to hop from 144 Mbits local WiFi speed to 300 Mbits! This is really usefull when transferring data locally via AirDroid or just using our 200 MBits internet connection.

Feature Request

While using the Stock ROM, I was able to unlock the screen when only a fingerprint symbol was shown.
Now in LAOS I'm unable to unlock while the screen is off. Enableling inactivity display fixes it, but I dont like having the clock and other symbols displayed - I whish it was at most only the fingerprint symbol, but it would be even better to have the fingerprint sensor always on when the display if completely off. Is there a way to do that? With inactivity display / fingerprint on, battery consumptions doesn't seem like a big concern, but I have to investigate that more over the next days.

This Request was solved! See the post on the next page by 01Destroyer
You can enable screen off fingerprint (works exactly as you asked), on Settings -> Security -> Setting gear near Screen lock.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay guys time for update after long wait

Changelog
    may security patch
    • Added Applock
    • Added few launcher features (dt2s and other improvements to trebuchet non gapps version)
    • Added new volume panel
    • Added scrolling screenshot
    • Fixed hotword (for non gapps use flame gapps + ok google addon)
    • Fixed wfd
    • Lineage Upstream

From now on there will be 2 builds vanilla and gapps variant so flash as you like.
    As usual links are updated in op enjoy :p
    download magisk23.apk and rename it to magisk23.zip and then flash via recovery. I worked
    You don't need that renaming step since TWRP 3.5.1
    i dirty flashed gapps build + magisk23.zip on top of last build encrypted with nikgapps. everything works..no problems so far.
    thx 👍
    yeah, i know all of that - thx :)

so still 2 magic questions:

1. the data partition is from the previous release. why it doesnt boot,
    but does boot with the latest release ?

2. why my full backup of the previous release doesnt boot too ?

I had previously considered answering your original post with the same advice as Mauam, but held back because I wasn't certain that this is the problem. In a lot of cases, with this phone, where bootloops occur after flashing, the problem is related to encryption, and formatting the data partition removes encryption and solves the problem, at the expense of losing data, if you didn't back it up previously.

My understanding is this.
    Flashing over MIUI or a MIUI based custom ROM, you must format data, because MIUI encryption is modified from stock AOSP encryption. (This isn't unusual and many phone manufactures modify the standard AOSP encryption). If you don't format data when flashing you will find that the phone remains encrypted, but the encryption 'flag' is deleted, causing the system (and TWRP) to believe the phone is unencrypted and so unable to read any data because the data is actually encrypted.

Ordinarily, flashing over AOSP ROMs, the encryption flag will remain set and so booting into a new ROM, it recognises the phone is encrypted and prompt for the PIN (or whatever lockscreen security was set).
    However this isn't always the case. I personally, in the early days of this phone, had it happen to me where flashing one AOSP ROM over another had caused the phone to boot only into TWRP. Formatting data has then fixed the issue. I have never yet found any answer as to why this sometimes, seemingly randomly, happens. This is why you will see it advised that it's best to remove all lockscreen security before any flashing.

Sorry for the long reply.
    So to get to your case.
    It certainly sounds like a typical case where your problem is caused by encryption. i.e. The phone is physically encrypted, but the encryption 'flag' is unset, causing the system to not 'know' that it is encrypted.
    Formatting data fixes this because it unencrypts the phone.
    However the circumstances of your case, to me, aren't typical of the usual cases of this problem, hence I wasn't fully confident that it may be the problem. The easiest way to determine this issue is when you boot into TWRP. With this problem TWRP fails to ask for the unlock PIN (etc.) and so browsing the file system you see all the folders have garbage unintelligible file filenames, because TWRP has not unencrypted the filesystem.
    When this happens you can be confident that formatting the data partition will fix the problem.

As far as TWRP backups are concerned, that's a different kettle of fish.
    It may be caused by encryption (again temporarily removing lockscreen security, and therefore encryption, is recommended before making a backup). It may be caused by dm-verity and how you backed up various partitions.o You need to make sure that partitions protected by dm-verirty are backed-up using the partition image option, which do a full bitwise perfect copy of the partition instead of just backing up the data in that partition.
    It may also be caused if you have some apps configured so that they have multiple installations to allow multiple accounts 'side by side', e.g. Normally used to have social media apps running with multiple accounts without needing to login and out of each account.
    after flash, need to flash gapp again?
    Tks
    read few posts back. no need to flash gapps again!
    Okay guys time for update :p

Changelog
    • Initial Lineage 18.1 builds
    • December security patch
    • Improvements to fod (no flicker and much faster)
    • New advanced reboot
    • Added Firewall
    • Lineage Upstream
    As usual links are updated in op enjoy ;)
    Okay guys time for update after a long time ;)

Changelog
    • February security patch
    • Added music pulse (settings > sound > pulse)
    • Redesigned qs to oos 11 style
    • Added new tinted tiles
    • Added option to switch to oos clear button in notification
    • Lineage Upstream
    Okay guys time for update after long wait

Changelog
    may security patch
    • Added Applock
    • Added few launcher features (dt2s and other improvements to trebuchet non gapps version)
    • Added new volume panel
    • Added scrolling screenshot
    • Fixed hotword (for non gapps use flame gapps + ok google addon)
    • Fixed wfd
    • Lineage Upstream

From now on there will be 2 builds vanilla and gapps variant so flash as you like.
    As usual links are updated in op enjoy :p
    1200px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

Code:
    /*
    * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
    * Same statement for XDA.
    */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :

• Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • LED
    • GPS
    • Volte
    • VoWifi

Known issues:
    • WFD

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash proper vendor and firmware
    • Flash the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot

PS : Please Use proper vendor and firmware of your device of stable miui rom for eg: if you device is eea so use eea vendor and firmware if your device is indian variant use indian firmware and vendor and same is the case with chinese version please don't cross flash vendors and firmwares. To use this rom please Flash Android 10 firmware and vendor

Downloads :

Telegram Groups

This project for now uses prebuilt kernel

XDA:DevDB Information

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11.0][raphael] LineageOS 18.0, ROM for the Redmi K20 Pro

Contributors
    abhishek987
    Source Code: http://bigota.d.miui.com/V11.0.1.0....NGlobal_V11.0.1.0.QFKINXM_5e75bba584_10.0.zip

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2020-10-22

Created 2020-10-15
    Last Updated 2020-10-22
    @abhishek987 any chance of a Xmas present this year? :giggle: