- Oct 4, 2008
stay encrypted without backups. you can use apps like titanium backup, swift backup etc for backing up most important things, settings, apps, etc.Hi,
I've read all thread and tried many solutions to have LOS encrypted and that I can still do have backup that I can successfully restore TWRP backup when I needed. As remmember I've tried following in couple days back.
I don't like to trade security with DFE or either to return to MIUI, but in my case I have two options eather to have encrypted system and no usable backup that I can restore or to have unsecured phone with option to have backup if needed. Please help.
- Format Data and start with clean flash of firmware, ROM, Magisk.
- Backup without pattern and when restore and boot I have semi usable system withont navigation and notification bars displayed, also displayed in other tries. If pattern is enabled it just showing "System is starting",
- Many recoveries TWRP, SHRP, PB, OFox,
- Firmware 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52 versions,
- Older LOS 18 and 18.1 versions,
- Flashing fastboot MIUI and than TWRP, ROM, Magisk.
- Format data as EXT4.
Thanks in advance.
i cant understand why so many people recommend an unencrypted device. yes, i know "i have nothing to hide, im not criminal, they can look at my phone, my house and even in my ass. i have nothing to hide, come and look..".