[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11.0][raphael] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

z1022

Feb 2, 2012
anyone got google maps my timeline working? it worked on the testbuild before.. but doesnt worked on the build posted here on xda before.
so i just got it working on a build released in devs telegram channel.
The build from xda or telegram should be same location. Therefore, it should be no difference.

RaeesD

Oct 31, 2011
Cape Town
Xiaomi Mi 5
Redmi K20 Pro
anyone got google maps my timeline working? it worked on the testbuild before.. but doesnt worked on the build posted here on xda before.
so i just got it working on a build released in devs telegram channel.
Did you need to clean install the dev build? Or just dirty flash? I'm on this xda build and timeline isn't working, hadn't noticed till seeing these posts.

z1022

Feb 2, 2012
" I use pattern login but touch vibration is very weak when I login. I have already turn on touch vibration."

Any one have this issue? How can fix it ?
Thank

paparansen

Jun 29, 2010
I had previously considered answering your original post with the same advice as Mauam, but held back because I wasn't certain that this is the problem. In a lot of cases, with this phone, where bootloops occur after flashing, the problem is related to encryption, and formatting the data partition removes encryption and solves the problem, at the expense of losing data, if you didn't back it up previously.

My understanding is this.
Flashing over MIUI or a MIUI based custom ROM, you must format data, because MIUI encryption is modified from stock AOSP encryption. (This isn't unusual and many phone manufactures modify the standard AOSP encryption). If you don't format data when flashing you will find that the phone remains encrypted, but the encryption 'flag' is deleted, causing the system (and TWRP) to believe the phone is unencrypted and so unable to read any data because the data is actually encrypted.

Ordinarily, flashing over AOSP ROMs, the encryption flag will remain set and so booting into a new ROM, it recognises the phone is encrypted and prompt for the PIN (or whatever lockscreen security was set).
However this isn't always the case. I personally, in the early days of this phone, had it happen to me where flashing one AOSP ROM over another had caused the phone to boot only into TWRP. Formatting data has then fixed the issue. I have never yet found any answer as to why this sometimes, seemingly randomly, happens. This is why you will see it advised that it's best to remove all lockscreen security before any flashing.

Sorry for the long reply.
So to get to your case.
It certainly sounds like a typical case where your problem is caused by encryption. i.e. The phone is physically encrypted, but the encryption 'flag' is unset, causing the system to not 'know' that it is encrypted.
Formatting data fixes this because it unencrypts the phone.
However the circumstances of your case, to me, aren't typical of the usual cases of this problem, hence I wasn't fully confident that it may be the problem. The easiest way to determine this issue is when you boot into TWRP. With this problem TWRP fails to ask for the unlock PIN (etc.) and so browsing the file system you see all the folders have garbage unintelligible file filenames, because TWRP has not unencrypted the filesystem.
When this happens you can be confident that formatting the data partition will fix the problem.

As far as TWRP backups are concerned, that's a different kettle of fish.
It may be caused by encryption (again temporarily removing lockscreen security, and therefore encryption, is recommended before making a backup). It may be caused by dm-verity and how you backed up various partitions.o You need to make sure that partitions protected by dm-verirty are backed-up using the partition image option, which do a full bitwise perfect copy of the partition instead of just backing up the data in that partition.
It may also be caused if you have some apps configured so that they have multiple installations to allow multiple accounts 'side by side', e.g. Normally used to have social media apps running with multiple accounts without needing to login and out of each account.

thx for that information :)

here you got more information from me:

- i had encryption before
- i never had pin/key setup before
- in twrp i can see all files
- in android it says phone is encrypted - how is that possible? ^^
- twrp backup there is no partition image option
- and still: why does the actual release boot, but the previous not ? ^^

Robbo.5000

thx for that information :)

here you got more information from me:

- i had encryption before
- i never had pin/key setup before
- in twrp i can see all files
- in android it says phone is encrypted - how is that possible? ^^
- twrp backup there is no partition image option
- and still: why does the actual release boot, but the previous not ? ^^
For a few years now encryption happens automatically in Android as soon as lockscreen security is setup. If you never setup lockscreen security the phone is never encrypted. The first time you setup lockscreen security encryption is automatically enabled.
In order to enable lockscreen security, but remove encryption you need to flash a disable forced encryption (dfe) patch. If you've never done this, but you've setup lockscreen security, your phone is encrypted.

With the previous version installed and not able to boot, could you still see the file system correctly in TWRP? If yes then the problem wasn't likely to be encryption. Without more information it's hard to know why it wouldn't boot. Possibly an issue with GApps?

Depending on the version of TWRP you might see backup options for System and System Image.
With dm-verity you need to backup using the System Image option. See the official FAQ for more details.
If you only see an option for System, you need a different version of TWRP. I'd recommend the official version.

Reactions: paparansen

paparansen

Jun 29, 2010
For a few years now encryption happens automatically in Android as soon as lockscreen security is setup. If you never setup lockscreen security the phone is never encrypted. The first time you setup lockscreen security encryption is automatically enabled.
In order to enable lockscreen security, but remove encryption you need to flash a disable forced encryption (dfe) patch. If you've never done this, but you've setup lockscreen security, your phone is encrypted.

With the previous version installed and not able to boot, could you still see the file system correctly in TWRP? If yes then the problem wasn't likely to be encryption. Without more information it's hard to know why it wouldn't boot. Possibly an issue with GApps?

Depending on the version of TWRP you might see backup options for System and System Image.
With dm-verity you need to backup using the System Image option. See the official FAQ for more details.
If you only see an option for System, you need a different version of TWRP. I'd recommend the official version.

- how can the phone show it is encrypted, when it is not ? ^^
- the backup is boot, system, data
- i was on previous release, everything was fine. then i updated
to the actual release and got bootloop into twrp. so i restored
the backup and got bootloop to twrp again. so wiped all, but
no format data, installed the actual release again and it worked.
but all my apps and stuff are of course gone, only files like mp3
and stuff is there on data.

i hate this ^^

Last edited:

olus

Oct 4, 2008
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Did you need to clean install the dev build? Or just dirty flash? I'm on this xda build and timeline isn't working, hadn't noticed till seeing these posts.
no, just dirty flashed. its buggy since android 11, the telegram build wqs the only build it worked. tried clean flash etc before. sometimes i think gapps is the problem.
will try dirty flashing non-gapps build with nik gapps..

no, just dirty flashed. its buggy since android 11, the telegram build wqs the only build it worked. tried clean flash etc before. sometimes i think gapps is the problem.
will try dirty flashing non-gapps build with nik gapps..
I dirty flashed the last official build and then flashed NikGapps (again, as the survival script always seems to mess things up). My timeline is not working, as in the previous build.

Reactions: murakh

olus

Oct 4, 2008
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I dirty flashed the last official build and then flashed NikGapps (again, as the survival script always seems to mess things up). My timeline is not working, as in the previous build.
i got it working again.

i dirty flashed newest non-gapps build with NikGapps-basic-arm64-11-20210501-signed.zip. now my timeline is working again.. 😉

Reactions: RaeesD and murakh

kumarsid7

Jun 20, 2012
Android Wear
I did a complete clean flash.
The internal storage is really slow. Transfers from a PC is taking 5 times longer than usual.
Tested the same transfer from TWRP and it is normal, so it's something to do with the ROM. Anyone else facing the same? Any possible solutions?

Organized

Apr 24, 2017
I did a clean flash (gapps version) with latest vendor, but connecting to a WiFi with WPA2+WPA3 is not possible :(

bacardischmal

Jun 25, 2010
Hello,
does this ROM already have the front camera calibration option like other Roms have or is it possible to add?

bacardischmal

Jun 25, 2010

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay guys time for update :p

Changelog
    • Initial Lineage 18.1 builds
    • December security patch
    • Improvements to fod (no flicker and much faster)
    • New advanced reboot
    • Added Firewall
    • Lineage Upstream
    As usual links are updated in op enjoy ;)
    Okay guys time for update after a long time ;)

Changelog
    • February security patch
    • Added music pulse (settings > sound > pulse)
    • Redesigned qs to oos 11 style
    • Added new tinted tiles
    • Added option to switch to oos clear button in notification
    • Lineage Upstream
    1200px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

Code:
    /*
    * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
    * Same statement for XDA.
    */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :

• Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • LED
    • GPS
    • Volte
    • VoWifi

Known issues:
    • WFD

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash proper vendor and firmware
    • Flash the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot

PS : Please Use proper vendor and firmware of your device of stable miui rom for eg: if you device is eea so use eea vendor and firmware if your device is indian variant use indian firmware and vendor and same is the case with chinese version please don't cross flash vendors and firmwares. To use this rom please Flash Android 10 firmware and vendor

Downloads :

Telegram Groups

This project for now uses prebuilt kernel

XDA:DevDB Information

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11.0][raphael] LineageOS 18.0, ROM for the Redmi K20 Pro

Contributors
    abhishek987
    Source Code: http://bigota.d.miui.com/V11.0.1.0....NGlobal_V11.0.1.0.QFKINXM_5e75bba584_10.0.zip

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2020-10-22

Created 2020-10-15
    Last Updated 2020-10-22
    Okay guys time for update after long wait

Changelog
    may security patch
    • Added Applock
    • Added few launcher features (dt2s and other improvements to trebuchet non gapps version)
    • Added new volume panel
    • Added scrolling screenshot
    • Fixed hotword (for non gapps use flame gapps + ok google addon)
    • Fixed wfd
    • Lineage Upstream

From now on there will be 2 builds vanilla and gapps variant so flash as you like.
    As usual links are updated in op enjoy :p
    okay guys time for update :p

Changelog
    • July security patch
    • Fixed fod icon disappearing sometimes after using screen off fod
    • Fixed anx camera
    • Added smartspace
    • Added few lockscreen clocks
    • Improved volte/vowifi icons
    • Fixed applock opening from notification
    • Added toggle to disable screenshot sound
    • Lineage Upstream
    As usual links are updated in op enjoy ;)