• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11.0][RMX2151] CipherOS-1.7-ASTRA [25/09/2021]

Search This thread

Noel97

May 13, 2018
France
What software to use to be able to downgrade?

And, what bug all custom roms have in common that haven't been fixed yet ? I'm trying a custom ROM because my phone is so hot in game that the wifi would disconnect itself and the phone would close everything.

What software to use to be able to downgrade?

And, what bug all custom roms have in common that haven't been fixed yet ? I'm trying a custom ROM because my phone is so hot in game that the wifi would disconnect itself and the phone would close everything.
Have you already unlocked your RMX2155? Or is your phone an RMX2151?

As for bugs, all ROMs have this wierd thing where the first half of the brightness-slider doesn't work, and the night-light flickers between intensities. However, the night-light can be easily fixed by turning on "Disable HW Overlays" in the developer settings.

Noel97

May 13, 2018
France
Have you already unlocked your RMX2155? Or is your phone an RMX2151?

As for bugs, all ROMs have this wierd thing where the first half of the brightness-slider doesn't work, and the night-light flickers between intensities. However, the night-light can be easily fixed by turning on "Disable HW Overlays" in the developer settings.

My phone is a RMX2155 and no, I haven't unlocked my BL yet. I'm still looking for more information about the subject because we never know.

The bug is in Pixel Experience too ?
What about perf ?

My phone is a RMX2155 and no, I haven't unlocked my BL yet. I'm still looking for more information about the subject because we never know.

The bug is in Pixel Experience too ?
What about perf ?
Not sure what "perf" is, but, yep, all ROMs for the RMX2155/RMX2151 have these bugs.

Follow the guide linked below to unlock your bootloader. Make sure to follow each step exactly as described. No shortcuts.

Noel97

May 13, 2018
France
Not sure what "perf" is, but, yep, all ROMs for the RMX2155/RMX2151 have these bugs.

Follow the guide linked below to unlock your bootloader. Make sure to follow each step exactly as described. No shortcuts.

By "perf", I meant performance.
How's the performance in those custom ROMs ? Because I want to install Pixel Experience 11.0 because on all of my phone I installed it haha.

Will I reach 40°C + if I play games on these ROMs ?
What about the GCam ?
And more importantly, will I get the Realme UI extra features on them ?

By "perf", I meant performance.
How's the performance in those custom ROMs ? Because I want to install Pixel Experience 11.0 because on all of my phone I installed it haha.

Will I reach 40°C + if I play games on these ROMs ?
What about the GCam ?
And more importantly, will I get the Realme UI extra features on them ?

Dunno much about RealmeUI extra features since I didn't really use it for too long, but if you mean 90fps, then yes. I didn't personally use Pixel Experience, but I heard that it worksd quite well, and that its temperatures are low. PixelUI is also worth lookiung into, it seems. Most of the ROMs posted here have logs that detail what features they have. I reccommend Nusantara and EvoX, but crDroid is by far my favorite - as it features high stability, customization, and good performance. I don't really use cameras, so I can't exactly help you there, unfortunately - although, I think it looks and works fine. In addition, it is worth noting that it is very normal for your phone to hover between 40-70 degrees celsius when gaming. You can find all the ROMs developed specifically for the RMX2151/RMX2155 here:

Performance depends on which ROM you decide to go with. You may also choose to use GSIs, as this is a treble phone, but you need to be a lot more careful regarding which files you flash, and you'll need to use console commands for that sort of thing. I say to stick with the made-for-phone ROMs until you're more comfortable with getting into more complex flashing. They also don't support 90fps and whatnot, as they are made to be usable for multiple phones instead of just the one model. Still, it's worth looking into. You can find GSIs here:

For your recovery, you should use PBRP. It's essentially a cleaner-looking, better TWRP (in my opinion). Here's the link to the official Realme 7 release:

Noel97

May 13, 2018
France
Thank you for your amazing answer.
You just answered to everything. Thank you again.

My phone is a rmx-2155 but I can flash a rmx-2151 ROM right ? I want to try right now

Reactions: OrthodoxOxygen

Whopp

Oct 1, 2021

Hello good day, the guide is for rmx2151 right?

Hello good day, the guide is for rmx2151 right?
No, it's for the RMX2155. The unlock method for the RMX2151 is much simpler, I'm pretty sure. Check the following article out. It may work for you.

Whopp

Oct 1, 2021
No, it's for the RMX2155. The unlock method for the RMX2151 is much simpler, I'm pretty sure. Check the following article out. It may work for you.

Ok thank you very much, by the way I have a question. It is normal that in the stock rom of realme being the frequency in 90hz it is lowered to 45hz ?. is there a way to solve this?

Ok thank you very much, by the way I have a question. It is normal that in the stock rom of realme being the frequency in 90hz it is lowered to 45hz ?. is there a way to solve this?
No problem. As for your question, you may have ticked the option somewhere. If it regularly runs at 90hz, but, when certain apps are launched, decreases to 45hz, it's fine: That's just the app putting a cap on the frame-rate. But if you set it to 90hz, and it regularly runs at 45hz regardless of app, that means something might have been turned on/off. Check the developer settings thoroughly, as well as the "Realme Settings" tab.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

banner.jpg

Code:
    CipherOS is a Android Custom OS, Based On AOSP & Fueled by Lineage,
    Striving to Provide its Users
    A Clean , Bloat free & Sturdy Experience with Minimal Customisation !

* Your warranty is now void or maybe not?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

With the release of CipherOS , We Ensure that Every OFFICIAL Device remains Up-to-date with latest Patches , Asap its been released by Google !

DOWNLOAD

installation.jpg
    Note: Recommended firmware a87
    First time installation:

• 1. Disable AVB with fastboot (fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img)
    • 2. Flash PBRP with fastboot (fastboot flash recovery recovery.img)
    • 3. Reboot to Recovery
    • 4. Wipe Data / Cache
    • 5. Flash the ROM
    • 6. Format data
    • 7. Reboot to System
    GAPPS ARE PREINCLUDED

Update installation:

• 1. Download the proper flashable ZIP for your device
    • 2. Reboot to Recovery
    • 3. Flash the ROM
    • 4. Reboot to System

credits.jpg

Source Code
    ROM Source
    Device Source
    Kernel Source

BUGS

*You tell me.
    The setting app is crashing when clicking on the battery section in settings and also the nightlight is flickering and the brightness controller on the notification bar 1% to 50% are same brightness and that 1-50 is to much high brightness please fix it and sorry for my bad english😃
    Screenshot_20210523-184321_Settings.png
    Thank you for your amazing answer.
    You just answered to everything. Thank you again.

My phone is a rmx-2155 but I can flash a rmx-2151 ROM right ? I want to try right now
    Yes, but you need to follow the guide first. Otherwise (even though it should be impossible if you're not unlocked), you'll end up with a hard-bricked phone.
    Thank you very much, I'll try.