[ROM][Unofficial][11.0][signed][OTA] Lineage OS 18.1 for Xperia Z1 compact

Search This thread

lm089

waiting for keyboard to popup for minutes is just ridiculous
Indeed that's too long! Can't confirm that, though. I use my phone more or less just as a container for banking and other security related apps. Goes unrooted for that reason, and it is very responsive. Have to admit that it only has to handle a few apps, none of them giving a heavy load on the device. And GPS has always been awful, got from bad to worse the day I installed custom ROMs (and I tried quite a few).

Last edited:
Please test: Performance improvement for "microG variant"

I have created a test build for the "microG variant", which is supposed to be more agile.

By default, the so-called "exec spawning" as system hardening feature is now disabled (can be re-enabled by an option in "Settings - Security"), as this seems to be a little bit too demanding for our old Z1c device.

You can simply manually flash the test build over any existing current microG build variant of this ROM. I currently don't have my Z1c with me (until next weekend), so I can't test myself. Thanks in advance for your support.

Appreciate your feedback.

Thanks & regards - M.

jurkoman

Oct 24, 2015
Please test: Performance improvement for "microG variant"

I have created a test build for the "microG variant", which is supposed to be more agile.

By default, the so-called "exec spawning" as system hardening feature is now disabled (can be re-enabled by an option in "Settings - Security"), as this seems to be a little bit too demanding for our old Z1c device.

You can simply manually flash the test build over any existing current microG build variant of this ROM. I currently don't have my Z1c with me (until next weekend), so I can't test myself. Thanks in advance for your support.

Appreciate your feedback.

Thanks & regards - M.
I think there is pretty good performance, but more battery drain and apps are installing slower than on LOS 17.1. Waiting for keyboard is lil bit quicker than on previous 18.1 build. Performance or battery lasting still needs improvement but is in good way. Good work.

Last edited:
Reactions: MSe1969
Question: Any interest for 'sandboxed play services' ?

Hi all,

for a different device in another thread, I have created a test build providing a 'sandboxed play services' compatibility layer (GrapheneOS feature). The details of this approach can be read in the below linked post:

My question:
Would something like that also be interesting for the Z1c device ?

Upon your feedback, I may consider creating such a test build also for the Z1c...

Regards, M.

lm089

Question: Any interest for 'sandboxed play services' ?

Hi all,

for a different device in another thread, I have created a test build providing a 'sandboxed play services' compatibility layer (GrapheneOS feature). The details of this approach can be read in the below linked post:

My question:
Would something like that also be interesting for the Z1c device ?

Upon your feedback, I may consider creating such a test build also for the Z1c...

Regards, M.
Thanks you for the offer! Sounds interesting enough to try out in the first place... Then again I'm not too sure whether I want to risk wiping the entire device: I'm using it basically for banking and other sensible apps, and it hardly ever is leaving my desk (an immobile mobile device :cautious:). At least one of the apps is hard to re-install and set up; not sure whether a full backup will be enough.
So, in case I was the only one interested I'd say it's maybe not worth the time and effort.

BTW, as a side note: in the past I tried Optimum Pro's Jaguar ROM for my OP6, and I'm still following the thread. As I understand, only recently the dev implemented some parts from GrapheneOS with the result of some problems with latest Magisk versions which apparently are fixed now. Don't know whether this is related or of interest here

Reactions: MSe1969
BTW, as a side note: in the past I tried Optimum Pro's Jaguar ROM for my OP6, and I'm still following the thread. As I understand, only recently the dev implemented some parts from GrapheneOS with the result of some problems with latest Magisk versions which apparently are fixed now. Don't know whether this is related or of interest here
Thanks for the info. To be kept in mind, but maybe not relevant, as for the amami, an older Magisk version would be needed...

Reactions: lm089

android666

Jun 19, 2010
I run latest Magisk v25.2 (with Fox's Mmm) with no problem

Hi all,

new builds with the September '22 ASB patches (Security String 2022-09-05) are available and offered already as OTA update through the Updater app:

A. Standard LineageOS 18.1 build
  • Security string 2022-09-05
  • Many kernel patches applied
  • System Webview 105.0.5195.68

B. Pre-installed microG build variant with additional security patches
  • Security string 2022-09-05
  • Many kernel patches applied
  • Bromite Browser and Webview on 104.0.5112.91
  • microG updated to 0.2.24.214816-30
  • Performance improvement (exec spawning OFF by default)
  • Contacts app slightly 'de-Googled'

@115ek - please update OP / Change log

Happy flashing, regards, M.

Hi,
thank you.
Can we standard users expect the performance improvement too?
No - in fact, the change makes the "exec spawning" hardening measure (which is only available in the 2nd build variant) switchable and defaults it to "disabled". For the amami, this puts in certain situations a bit too much load.

EDIT: To say it differently, the 2nd build variant has had, different from the standard variant, sometimes a performance decrease. This has been fixed.

Reactions: tramp20 and lm089
maybe also interesting here:
does it mean, GPS does not work without spying us?
As he explains in his video, w/o SUPL, you don't get a quick GPS fix via A-GPS
In regards to the data transmitted to SUPL, in the "microG" build variant, there is a patch aiming at "simulating" a device w/o SIM card, when invoking a SUPL call - I however can't really say, how effective that is, as the Baseband processor, which operates independently from the phone OS, has its own life...

By the way, he also explains the microG approach to Tower and Wifi triangulation...
So at least, you're better off - if talking about the builds offered in this thread - with variant B or variant A without GApps (with GApps, you are spied out in so many different aspects...)

may GPS work, if the following DNS are in "hosts" with 127.0.0.1 ?
supl.vodafone.com
supl.sonyericsson.com
supl.google.com
See above, no A-GPS - but I am not sure, whether it's a good idea to divert to locahost instead of - if really wanted - entirely blocking via firewall...

Reactions: android666
Hi all,

new builds with the October '22 ASB patches (Security String 2022-10-05) are available and offered already as OTA update through the Updater app:

A. Standard LineageOS 18.1 build
  • Security string 2022-10-05
  • System Webview 106.0.5249.79

B. Pre-installed microG build variant with additional security patches
  • Security string 2022-10-05
  • Bromite Browser and Webview on 105.0.5195.147
  • microG updated to 0.2.24.223616-61

@115ek - please update OP / Change log

Happy flashing, regards, M.

Bergfex2

Apr 4, 2014
Hello,

Has someone problems with the GPS? I have the feeling that my GPS is not working very well. It needs extremely long to get a signal. Thanks Bergfex.

Last edited:

lm089

Hello,

Has someone of you problems with the GPD? I have the feeling that mw GPS is not working very well. It needs extremly long to get a signal. Thanks Bergfex.
same here, but since day one after I abandonned Sony's stock ROM. It got a little better after upgrading fom LOS 17.x to LOS 18.x. Inside my flat I hardly ever get a connection. Outside (in the city, i.e. between buildings) it can take 5 minutes and longer. Trying to start recording an outdoor track had me often standing in the open for minutes waiting for the device to finally get a lock. Meanwhile I'm using a different device (OP6), again running with LOS, and a GPS lock (even inside my flat) takes 2 - 5 seconds.
When this Xperia device was still my daily driver I tried many different GPS helper apps, none of them really improved the initial connection time. Finally I used GPS locker. I had the feeling that this app managed to at least keep GPS connection alive over a longer period and running in the background. BUT: I cannot say whether this was really the fact, maybe just a placebo?

Bergfex2

Apr 4, 2014
Hi. I have now re-installed the AICP Rom for testing purposes. Then the GPS works. So it can't be a hardware defect.

Reactions: lm089

android666

Jun 19, 2010
it's not hw related, ROM is prepared well as well - to be on safe side.
review gps.conf and if u want, add there supl.google.com and during TTFF activate your mobile data. you will get quick TTFF, but at the same time monitored by big-brother

Top Liked Posts