• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11.0][sweet][unified] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

iooxda

Dec 1, 2019
I spoke too soon, I have a serious bug to report to the dev's: grewal09

After Flashing this ROM and then flashing the Magisk APK, SD Cards and USB flash drives do not work. Here are the steps:

1. From TWRP, flash the latest version of LineageOS
2. Format Data partition
3. Flash latest Magisk apk
4. Boot into OS

Lineage now reports "Fix problem with your SD Card" If you tap the notification it asks you to format the drive, it does format it however it is still unusable and the notification returns. If you format it again, same result, unusable and the notification returns again.

Same thing if a USB flash drive is attached, the notification "Fix problem with your USB drive" you can format the drive but it is not usable and the notification persists.

There is nothing wrong with the memory cards and flash drives. In fact Lineage did actually format them successfully but they are not accessible. I can take the drive out and mount it in a PC right away.

I have tested this with 3 different SD Cards and 2 flash USB drives. All of these drives are accessible on a PC running Linux. Also, they are accessable in TWRP installed on this phone so the phone hardware is not the cause of the problem.

Finally, I tested all drives in another phone running LineageOS, they all work as expected.

The message to format the drives is the error, they do not need to be formatted and even if you do format them they are still not accessable.

Firmware/Vendor version: fw-vendor_sweet_miui_SWEETGlobal_V12.5.6.0.RKFMIXM_dbe755ebdf_11.0.zip
LineageOS version: lineage-18.1-20210807-UNOFFICIAL-sweet-VANILLA.zip
TWRP: TWRP-3.5.2-sweet-Nebrassy.img

I have tested this 5 or 6 times and it can be reproduced every time.

Reactions: shushu23

fermateus

Mar 9, 2012
Lisbon
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I spoke too soon, I have a serious bug to report to the dev's: grewal09

After Flashing this ROM and then flashing the Magisk APK, SD Cards and USB flash drives do not work. Here are the steps:

1. From TWRP, flash the latest version of LineageOS
2. Format Data partition
3. Flash latest Magisk apk
4. Boot into OS

Lineage now reports "Fix problem with your SD Card" If you tap the notification it asks you to format the drive, it does format it however it is still unusable and the notification returns. If you format it again, same result, unusable and the notification returns again.

Same thing if a USB flash drive is attached, the notification "Fix problem with your USB drive" you can format the drive but it is not usable and the notification persists.

There is nothing wrong with the memory cards and flash drives. In fact Lineage did actually format them successfully but they are not accessible. I can take the drive out and mount it in a PC right away.

I have tested this with 3 different SD Cards and 2 flash USB drives. All of these drives are accessible on a PC running Linux. Also, they are accessable in TWRP installed on this phone so the phone hardware is not the cause of the problem.

Finally, I tested all drives in another phone running LineageOS, they all work as expected.

The message to format the drives is the error, they do not need to be formatted and even if you do format them they are still not accessable.

Firmware/Vendor version: fw-vendor_sweet_miui_SWEETGlobal_V12.5.6.0.RKFMIXM_dbe755ebdf_11.0.zip
LineageOS version: lineage-18.1-20210807-UNOFFICIAL-sweet-VANILLA.zip
TWRP: TWRP-3.5.2-sweet-Nebrassy.img

I have tested this 5 or 6 times and it can be reproduced every time.
I use this lineage-18.1-20210807-UNOFFICIAL-sweet-GMS.zip
No bugs :)

iooxda

Dec 1, 2019
When I install LineageOS after wiping data I get an error:

Magisk addon.d failed
! Canno find Magisk binaries - was data wiped or not decrypted?
! Reflash OTA from decrypted recovery or reflash Magisk

If I reboot into system then reboot back into twrp I can install Magisk however I would like skip this step and automatically install Magisk as part of the OS installation.

Where is the directory addon.d? Do I need to put the Magisk.zip file in it or how else to I get the Lineage.zip installation script to find Magisk and automatically install it?

iooxda

Dec 1, 2019
@iooxda
i would just install LineageOS boot into the os and reboot to twrp and flash magisk
Yes this is what I am doing now and that does work however it seems like there is a mechanism inside the install script for Magisk and I am wondering if I can skip a few of the reboots and install Magisk at the same time. Currently it takes 5 reboots from a clean phone to get the phone OS installed and rooted.

varun_77

Oct 18, 2017
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Very good rom with good bb and Smooth UI ..but "Ok Google" detection is not working for me.

Edit: Fixed for me in latest Sept Update.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210919-140554_Google.png
    Screenshot_20210919-140554_Google.png
    78.4 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

tidusdu25

Apr 8, 2021
I everybody,
I received my redmi and I finally install lineageOS on it. magisk installed with smali patcher,works greats

I have a few question about it.
_with defaut camera app, i have no sound on videos, do I need specific settings?google camera works
_ does only the main back camera works?
_Is it possible to lock applications from background kills by the rom?

appro77

May 8, 2011
Mackay
I tried to dirty flash the latest update...something that I haven't done before. The phone was rooted with Magisk.

I wiped Dalvik/Art, and flashed the update. The dialogue seemed to indicate that it was repatching the boot image...presumably to restore root.

When I rebooted I got the LineageOS boot animation but that went for much longer than it should the phone finally rebooted into TWRP.

I did a "Format Data" after which the phone started but was wiped. Where did I go wrong with the dirty flash? Any help is appreciated.

ANX Camera is looking good in this update. Thanks for your hard work.

Airplus21

May 6, 2021
Update

Code:
LineageOS 21/09/'21 Changelog

Included ANX 204
Removed Power button press to unlock
Set default LiveDisplay mode to off
More cleanup
LOS upstream
More more Stuffs and Things and Stuffs :D

Is spoof_AVDapi30.zip working again?

The last version that was able to use Magisk + microg was lineage-18.1-20210501-UNOFFICIAL-sweet-VANILA.

Has anybody tried the new release for this combination?

Edit1: seems to be working. Will post a screenshot later.

Edit2: finally everything is working again. Thank you for whatever you changed to make it work again!

Screenshot_20210923-091853_Updater.png
Screenshot_20210923-091929_Magisk.png
Screenshot_20210923-091959_microG_Services_Core.png

Last edited:
Reactions: zeitwaechter

dude1337

Jan 3, 2019
Thank you.

I followed these steps:

- Enable developer options
- Unlock bootloader (required a long waiting period)
- Boot into and flash TWRP ( youtube.com/watch?v=m0JgM4p04yA see pinned comment)
- Normal data wipe
- (read my full post first before continuing)
- Flash lineageos
- Had an endless boot loop
- Download vendor ( https://sourceforge.net/projects/sweetrandom/files/vendor_fw/ )
- Wipe and format data
- Flash vendor
- Flash lineageos

Then it worked!

Only odd thing so far is that the Google "new device" email states a "Pixel 2" was accessing my account. But I guess that's just some mistake, since it was the only email of that kind I got.

Last edited:

Rendering

May 13, 2011
Quirks that I have experienced on lineage-18.1-20210610-UNOFFICIAL-sweet-VANILLA.zip
  • multimedia audio volume not so high. We should compare the proper audio volume config file of the stock Xiaomi ROM
  • softbutton for switching among open applications not working (the button on the right side of the home soft button)
  • phone encryption status says it's encrypted, which is odd since:
    • I have not encrypted the phone, it was encrypted bt default;
    • I have not been asked to provide a password for encryption
    • everytime I boot, the phone does not ask for a password, therefore I doubt it's really encrypted

Reactions: dsjiffry

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since I deactivated the "mobile data always-on while on wifi" in the Developer options I have much better battery life!
    ... especially when at home, where the mobile signal is bad!

I can't understand way this option "mobile data always-on while on wifi" is always ON in the AOSP based ROM's like Lineage OS or AOSPExtended but in MIUI they have it disabled by default ... :) :) :) and after that we are wondering way MIUI (debloated) have better battery life than the AOSP ROM I just flashed ...
    :) :) :)

Detailed info what the Developer option "mobile data always-on while on wifi" is actually doing and is it a good Idea or not to disable it you can read in the article here or do your own research.
    I'll post this here since I don't want to derail the other thread.

So you guys are basically saying there are certain optimizations in the MIUI vendor partition that need to be added to custom roms for ANX camera to perform as good or close to stock? How much difference is there? Compared to say, ArrowOS running ANX 204? Or AOSPExtended with its included ANX Camera?

I've tried almost all of the most popular roms for our device and I'm struggling to find the best one for me. I haven't tried LOS yet. Being unofficial, will banking apps still work?

Honestly, I haven't tried the other combinations and I am not aware of what is in the MIUI vendor that makes the ANX better.

What I know is this -
    LineageOS and ShapeShiftOS - ANX 204 works and is close to stock camera.
    crDroid OSS - ANX 204 included and fullt works, not sure if the quality is as good, but heard good things.
    AOSP Extended OSS - A modded ANX 190R is included and is not as good as 204.
    Arrow OSS + 204 - Needs Magisk obviously and possibly needs an additional fix to iron out some bugs.

So, it looks like it is less to do with MIUI vendor and more to do with the version 204 being better and the convenience of having ANX as the default camera without rooting.

For your second question on LOS, being Unofficial means nothing with regard to safetynet. It just means it doesn't have the same strict feature list of official LOS - for example, official means no ANX, no face unlock, per app network blocking etc. It would be very close to stock AOSP. Very boring, but adhering to global privacy standards. So in this case, being unofficial is an advantage.

I am using LOS and I have no problems with GPay and 3 banking apps, so I believe grewal (dev/maintainer) has already built in the safetynet fixes. I assume, it is the same for SSOS.
    Quirks that I have experienced on lineage-18.1-20210610-UNOFFICIAL-sweet-VANILLA.zip
    • multimedia audio volume not so high. We should compare the proper audio volume config file of the stock Xiaomi ROM
    • softbutton for switching among open applications not working (the button on the right side of the home soft button)
    • phone encryption status says it's encrypted, which is odd since:
      • I have not encrypted the phone, it was encrypted bt default;
      • I have not been asked to provide a password for encryption
      • everytime I boot, the phone does not ask for a password, therefore I doubt it's really encrypted
    Did you try the newest version? 2021-06-10 ist quite outdated. Imo bug reports for older versions don't make much sense.
    This ROM is amazing. One of the few truly stable roms with good camera and safety net passing out of the box. Almost all the feature requests above are already in the ROM. This dev is awesome!

Can anybody please tell me if your
    softbutton for switching among open applications not working (the button on the right side of the home soft button)
    is working?
    Mine works perfectly.
    Thanks for the ROM. I have some feature request in the latest built.
    1. Swipe to type on Keyboard
    2. Close All in Recents
    1. If you opt for the gapps build, Gboard has swipe to type included. Otherwise the vanilla rom has AOSP keboard which doesn't have it. My recommendation to you would be to install Gboard or another third party keyboard.

2. If you scroll all the way to the left in the recents screen there is a clear all option
    Would also suggest double tap to sleep.
    Option is already present. Go to Settings - Display and scroll to the bottom. You have both double tap to wake and double tap to sleep.
    Using this ROM for a few days, and it is excellent. The ANX camera 204 on this is bug free and everything just works. Grewal supremacy ftw!
    1200px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

Code:
    /*
    * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
    * Same statement for XDA.
    */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :

• Boots
    • DT2W
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Selinux Enforcing
    • Flash
    • LED
    • GPS
    • Volte
    • VoWifi

Known issues:
    • You tell me

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash proper vendor and firmware
    • Flash the latest build and GApps if needed
    • Format data
    • Reboot

Note: These Builds are unified for both Redmi Note 10 Pro and Note 10 Pro Max

PS
    : Please Use proper vendor and firmware of your device of stable miui rom for eg: if your device is eea so use eea vendor and firmware if your device is Indian variant use Indian firmware and vendor and same is the case with Chinese version please don't cross flash vendors and firmware. To use this rom please Flash Android 11 firmware and vendor

Downloads :
    Lineage Recovery : Image
    build : Sourceforge

Telegram Groups

Source Code: Kernel
    Update Time
    Changelog
    • We are now enforcing
    • April Security Patch
    • Fixed Volume steps in calls
    • Fixed the yellow tint
    • Fixed Earphone Volume Control