[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11][03/03/2021] LineageOS 18.1 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 (lavender)

Search This thread

MateUserHHTT

Aug 2, 2014
Hamburg
Hello what is the procedure you used to install LineageOS 18.1
and gapps?

Have you installed a recovery which one and how?

Thanks!
You are asking very basic and redundant questions. Please (!) do a search on your favorite search engine before cluttering Feedback threads with redundant questions. Thanks

Edit: maybe I shall add, that the LineageOS's website includes installation guides for every single device that's officially supported. So just head to the website and look it up. It's very easy to follow :)

Last edited:
Reactions: amorpheus

olivi25

Jan 10, 2014
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
I was surprised because in the installation description we did not mention twrp whereas usually it's (herence my question).
You are asking very basic and redundant questions. Please (!) do a search on your favorite search engine before cluttering Feedback threads with redundant questions. Thanks
I was surprised because in the installation description we did not mention twrp whereas usually it's (herence my question).

olivi25

Jan 10, 2014
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Hello,
I have a problem

i tried to install the ROM lineage-18.1-20210622-nightly-lavender-signed.zip with orange fox ,
I FORMATED the Data partition,
Wiped both Caches, System and Vendor,

and tried to flash the lineage-18.1-20210622-nightly-lavender-signed.zip, and when i reboot, it goes back to the recovery (Orangefox recovery). Can anyone help?

I cannot boot under lineage
I have the impression that there is an encryption problem?
do i have to restart after FORMATED the Data partition?

I reinstalled OTA ROM miui_LAVENDEREEAGlobal_V12.0.2.0 waiting for help

jpdoliveira

Apr 14, 2012
Probably set phone app as default-app for phonecalls in settings -> apps.
Don't think thats it but i cant confirm it as i installed gapps with google phone. I was able to do calls and receive them but not accept them or cancel them because the interface was not showing.
Some other using LOS on other phones had the same problem.

But anyway i bypassed it using google phone.

olivi25

Jan 10, 2014
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Hello,
I have a problem

i tried to install the ROM lineage-18.1-20210622-nightly-lavender-signed.zip with orange fox ,
I FORMATED the Data partition,
Wiped both Caches, System and Vendor,

and tried to flash the lineage-18.1-20210622-nightly-lavender-signed.zip, and when i reboot, it goes back to the recovery (Orangefox recovery). Can anyone help?

I cannot boot under lineage
I have the impression that there is an encryption problem?
do i have to restart after FORMATED the Data partition?

I reinstalled OTA ROM miui_LAVENDEREEAGlobal_V12.0.2.0 waiting for help
it's Ok for me now ! i use TWRP not orange fox
now i test the ROM

erikcas

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 16, 2008
Castricum
www.cas-online.nl
Don't think thats it but i cant confirm it as i installed gapps with google phone. I was able to do calls and receive them but not accept them or cancel them because the interface was not showing.
Some other using LOS on other phones had the same problem.

But anyway i bypassed it using google phone.
The not showing issue you describe exactly matches the workaround I posted, as well as the workaround you used yourself (google phone).

So, a matter of choice: use google phone or set the default phone app.

Spoiler: was just reading in a Sony los-18.1 thread where users reported the same issues. I guess it needs to be properly fixed in the device tree

Reactions: MateUserHHTT

olivi25

Jan 10, 2014
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7

MateUserHHTT

Aug 2, 2014
Hamburg
Did somebody try USB OTG?
It was working for me on an older 17 version, updated to the latest 17 and now my USB devices/sticks dont pop up when plugged in. Should it try an upgrade to 18 or look for another ROM?
Thanks
Don't upgrade. Multitasking is dead, at least on 3GB RAM version.

I'm honestly thinking about soldering the 4GB module to my device by hand, but I don't want to create unnecessary e-waste so I might not do it. ^^

Reactions: 1emrys1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Introduction:
    This is the Unofficial Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7, codename lavender.

How to Install:
    Please flash the ROM zip file via Recovery, making sure to Wipe everything and Format Data beforehand.

Notes:
    • These builds will not pass CTS/SafetyNet -- due to the AVB flag's "red" status. (Magisk works fine with SafetyNet patcher modules, though is not supported.)
    • Updates Released at the end of every month.

Download:

Source:
    BUMP!

New Update Released!
    Changelog: 03/03/2021
    • Updated LineageOS Sources

• 31/01/2021:
      • Updated LineageOS Sources
    • 25/12/20:
      • Initial Build
    any plans to go official? our device is still not listed under LineageOS hudson