[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11][03/03/2021] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

chris0v21

Oct 12, 2016
I apologize for the hassle of sharing and applying a new build right away. If you are using 0410 build, you can flash 0411 build by dirty flashing. 20210411 download link and changelog are below.

20210411 changelog
- Update LineageOS Source code
- Update Security patch level: 2021-04-05
- This unofficial ROM is built by config as "userdebug"

So, i tried to install your ROM, I FORMATED the Data partition, Wiped both Caches, System and Vendor, and tried to flash the zip file, and when i reboot, it goes back to the recovery (Orangefox recovery, dont know if it matters or not). When i go to reboot again it says "No OS is detected in the system partition". Can anyone help?

MateUserHHTT

Aug 2, 2014
Hamburg
So, i tried to install your ROM, I FORMATED the Data partition, Wiped both Caches, System and Vendor, and tried to flash the zip file, and when i reboot, it goes back to the recovery (Orangefox recovery, dont know if it matters or not). When i go to reboot again it says "No OS is detected in the system partition". Can anyone help?
Did you install latest stock ROM before flashing lineage? Might resolve this problem.

MateUserHHTT

Aug 2, 2014
Hamburg
updating the vendor sources based on the latest firmware
A naive question: what exactly had to be done to do that? I'm inexperienced with ROM development. But I assume it's not just copying vendor BLOBS, but the actual source code?

If this is correct, what kind of problems are to expect? Some proprietary libraries that are used in the source that we would have to replace by FOSS alternatives? (for example util classes provided by proprietary services from xiaomi or something like that?)

Reactions: deolux2

AlieNaTiZ

• Jul 27, 2013
    Seoul
    blog.naver.com
    Redmi Note 10 Pro
    A naive question: what exactly had to be done to do that? I'm inexperienced with ROM development. But I assume it's not just copying vendor BLOBS, but the actual source code?

If this is correct, what kind of problems are to expect? Some proprietary libraries that are used in the source that we would have to replace by FOSS alternatives? (for example util classes provided by proprietary services from xiaomi or something like that?)

I and maintainer will update vendor blobs based on the latest firmware later. Both I and maintainer are too busy with for personal work right now.

You can check vendor source is below.

Actually, not all the latest firmware vendor blobs are compatible, so files with different versions or imported from different devices are specifically specified in device/xiaomi/lavender/proprietary-files.txt. (For example, as the source is fixed(ex. Sensors - from ~) and the file name|sha1sum hash value under it.)

I just committed that updated the sensors.ssc.so from Nokia PL2, PRIVATE_BUILD_DESC and BUILD_FINGERPRINT.

Last edited:

chris0v21

Oct 12, 2016
    So i managed to get it up and running, what I did was all the steps above plus reformating the data partition and then reboot to system, and it worked.

EDIT: I can confirm VoLTE and VoWIFI works

Last edited:

MateUserHHTT

Aug 2, 2014
    Hamburg
    IMG_20210412_113332.jpg

Found a bug: I have automatic battery saver enabled (at 15%). The notification got created with light theme, but the device is in dark theme now (automatically,
    done by the battery saver). So the text is also light and the notification becomes unreadable.

• Sad

yevac

Jun 14, 2020
    I apologize for the hassle of sharing and applying a new build right away. If you are using 0410 build, you can flash 0411 build by dirty flashing. 20210411 download link and changelog are below.

20210411 changelog
    - Update LineageOS Source code
    - Update Security patch level: 2021-04-05
    - This unofficial ROM is built by config as "userdebug"

Hi,

I tried this build coming from latest MIUI 11. Did format data, cache, system and vendor. Installed latest nik gapps core and magisk 22.1. Using orangefox recovery R11.0_1.

Like another user posted, I did also get a warning message on reboot from recovery that "No OS is installed". However, it was installed and booted into the ROM just fine.

Main issue is I am not able to make any phone calls. I put a number in and select call button and nothing happens. Seconadary issue with camera, it seems to crash after taking a picture or even just after the camera app is open for a small amount of time. VoLTE seems fine and I did not encounter any other issues. ROM seems very good otherwise.

MateUserHHTT

Aug 2, 2014
    Hamburg
    Correct me if I'm wrong (@AlieNaTiZ), but you are not supposed to wipe vendor. The hole point of flashing is to get the proprietary BLOBS.

Do everything again but only wipe data, system, cache, dalvik. Nothing other!

(I can't confirm any of these bugs mentioned by yevac. I'm on the latest build, dirty flashed it onto the previous one (which I also dirty flashed over the previous one). And I'm also using the same recovery as him/her.)

yevac

Jun 14, 2020
    I switched to the ROM from here . Had the same issue with phone calls not working so this must be an issue on my end. Discovered in the phone app settings, No default app was set for phone calls. Quite strange but once that was set, calls work fine. Did not encounter any issues with default camera on this ROM as I had with AlieNaTiZ ROM. However I installed Gcam now and will use that instead of default LOS cam. Regards

AlieNaTiZ

• Jul 27, 2013
    Seoul
    blog.naver.com
    Redmi Note 10 Pro
    Hi,

I'll try to check and build some problems based on the reported feedback from here and telegram. I think I can work for lavender on weekend. Because I'm so busy because of preparation for bachelor in this year, so sorry for delaying this work.

Currently, there are many users who have reported about the problem that it is entering recovery after applying ROM by recovery. I couldn't check it yet... but I think it may be an error related to the vendor blobs, so I will revert them(2 commits) and rebuild it.

Last edited:
    Reactions: ip3000 and deolux2

X-JET

Apr 18, 2021
    Hello everyone, great ROM but 2 important bugs:

1) When receiving a call the display stays off.

2) The second is more serious, when receiving a call or during the conversation the phone part doesn't appear (call hang up button, call duration time, etc). For the moment I use the physical volume and power key shortcuts to overcome this problem, but it's impractical.

MateUserHHTT

Aug 2, 2014
    Hamburg
    Hello everyone, great ROM but 2 important bugs:

1) When receiving a call the display stays off.

2) The second is more serious, when receiving a call or during the conversation the phone part doesn't appear (call hang up button, call duration time, etc). For the moment I use the physical volume and power key shortcuts to overcome this problem, but it's impractical.
    Always good when reporting bugs. But do you have logs? Because i don't have this problem, yet I'm running the same ROM.

Do you have any mods installed, from Magisk or Xposed Framework?
    Or perhaps an app to enable "pocket mode"?

A bug report can be created in the developer options - > bug report. You'll think that nothing is happening, but actually your phone is generating the report in the background and will create a notification once it's done.
    Clicking this notification let's you share the log.

Reactions: AlieNaTiZ

X-JET

Apr 18, 2021
    Always good when reporting bugs. But do you have logs? Because i don't have this problem, yet I'm running the same ROM.

Do you have any mods installed, from Magisk or Xposed Framework?
    Or perhaps an app to enable "pocket mode"?

A bug report can be created in the developer options - > bug report. You'll think that nothing is happening, but actually your phone is generating the report in the background and will create a notification once it's done.
    Clicking this notification let's you share the log.
    Hi,

I checked if the dialer was the default, it was not selected, I changed to default but there is no change.

Maybe it's a coincidence, but with the volume keys I clicked over the bell icon a couple of times.... now the dialer appears during the call and the screen also turns on with an incoming call!

I had this problem since the first installation with the default ROM settings.

Thank you all :)

Reactions: AlieNaTiZ

AlieNaTiZ

• Jul 27, 2013
    Seoul
    blog.naver.com
    Redmi Note 10 Pro
    I've update my build to 0414. There are updated some commits and applied this commit which fixed CONFIG_ELLIPTICLABS (related with proximity sensor). The download link is below, and I am working the new build for checking and reviewing several stability about dirty flashing from lineage-17.1 official.

Thanks for waiting.

Last edited:

X-JET

Apr 18, 2021
    Check ur sensors. Maybe promixity sensor not respond

I forgot to mention that I installed this ROM from the official firmware. In fact, the smartphone was unlocked last month.

Proximity sensor works (moving the device closer or further away from the ear now brings the screen on, previously it was off)

Thanks for the tip, it works fine now.

AlieNaTiZ

• Jul 27, 2013
    Seoul
    blog.naver.com
    Redmi Note 10 Pro
    View attachment 5276927

Found a bug: I have automatic battery saver enabled (at 15%). The notification got created with light theme, but the device is in dark theme now (automatically,
    done by the battery saver). So the text is also light and the notification becomes unreadable.

I think it is a bug about dark mode and SystemUI, not a device bug.

MateUserHHTT

Aug 2, 2014
    Hamburg
    I've update my build to 0414. There are updated some commits and applied this commit which fixed CONFIG_ELLIPTICLABS (related with proximity sensor). The download link is below, and I am working the new build for checking and reviewing several stability about dirty flashing from lineage-17.1 official.

Thanks for waiting.

Did you perhaps "downgrade" the security patch level? I think it used to be more recent than. October 20.

I didn't test dirty flashing but it works well.

AlieNaTiZ

• Jul 27, 2013
    Seoul
    blog.naver.com
    Redmi Note 10 Pro
    Did you perhaps "downgrade" the security patch level? I think it used to be more recent than. October 20.

I didn't test dirty flashing but it works well.

No, I didn't modify their SPL on 0414 build.

Anyway, my current linux on my laptop was Ubuntu, but yesterday I switched to Arch Linux. So I have to test and build some stuff.

I will test some 17.1 and 18.1 builds (those are signed) on this weekend. Thanks.

Reactions: MateUserHHTT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Hmmm... this forum isn't active for days

Actually, sorry to annoy the dev (@UltraGamerHD) and the users. I'm just curious, Why LineageOS 18.1 is not released yet for Lavender? The current release is still on 17.1. Why?

I'm really excited for official release of android 11 LineageOS 18.1. My phone feels outdated,lol.

Like any clue release date if not to be exact.
      Probably because the maintainer has other things to do as well and currently has no time for this.
      I mean, he is doing that in his free time, not getting payed for it.
      Following things are fixed compared to the previous build (03.03.2021)

* Camera freezes after roughly a minute
      * Device requires restart in order to charge

I didn't find any bugs remaining. :)

Thanks for waiting.

I share the UNOFFICIAL build (20210410) based on the latest LineageOS source code.

Maintainer contacted me to let him know that if it is ready to be official.
      If you experience some problems for using this ROM, tell me the feedback.

It seems to have some problem for dirty flashing from 0330 build.
      I have clean up and re-flashed the ROM, and factory reset..., then it is booting successfully.
      Performed format data then clean wipe and flash ROM using the latest stable OrangeFox and it boots successfully.
      SELinux is enforcing and the vendor is 1 Oct 2020.
      Fingerprint and native camera working so far...(y)

Following things are fixed compared to the previous build (03.03.2021)

* Camera freezes after roughly a minute
      * Device requires restart in order to charge

I didn't find any bugs remaining. :)

Thanks for sharing the feedback :)

And there's something you need to refer to. Our maintainer has a plan for updating the vendor sources based on the latest firmware update (QFGMIXM 12.0.1.0).

However, when it comes to vendor source update, both I and the maintainer are busy with current personal work, so I don't know when to proceed.

I checked he wants to promote the lavender for lineage-18.1 officially asap. Also, I really hope so.
      2okPze5.png

Code:
      /*
      * Your warranty is now void.
      * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
      * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
      * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
      * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
      * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
      */

Introduction:
      This is the Unofficial Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7, codename lavender.

How to Install:
      Please flash the ROM zip file via Recovery, making sure to Wipe everything and Format Data beforehand.

Notes:
      • These builds will not pass CTS/SafetyNet -- due to the AVB flag's "red" status. (Magisk works fine with SafetyNet patcher modules, though is not supported.)
      • Updates Released at the end of every month.

Download:

Source:
      BUMP!

New Update Released!
      Changelog: 03/03/2021
      • Updated LineageOS Sources

• 31/01/2021:
        • Updated LineageOS Sources
      • 25/12/20:
        • Initial Build
      any plans to go official? our device is still not listed under LineageOS hudson
      Hmmm... this forum isn't active for days

Actually, sorry to annoy the dev (@UltraGamerHD) and the users. I'm just curious, Why LineageOS 18.1 is not released yet for Lavender? The current release is still on 17.1. Why?

I'm really excited for official release of android 11 LineageOS 18.1. My phone feels outdated,lol.

Like any clue release date if not to be exact.
      Probably because the maintainer has other things to do as well and currently has no time for this.
      I mean, he is doing that in his free time, not getting payed for it.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone