• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11][03/03/2021] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

Babloo1989

Sep 2, 2014
Hyderabad
So i managed to get it up and running, what I did was all the steps above plus reformating the data partition and then reboot to system, and it worked.

EDIT: I can confirm VoLTE and VoWIFI works
Hey Chris I'm on LOS 17.1 it's my daily driver. I don't have another phone presently. My question i don't want to clean wipe flash as it might loose all data and i don't have a PC currently for backing up the data to do clean wipe and flash. Is it possible to dirty flash the 18.1 ROM directly on top?? Thanks in advance

MateUserHHTT

Aug 2, 2014
Hamburg
Hey Chris I'm on LOS 17.1 it's my daily driver. I don't have another phone presently. My question i don't want to clean wipe flash as it might loose all data and i don't have a PC currently for backing up the data to do clean wipe and flash. Is it possible to dirty flash the 18.1 ROM directly on top?? Thanks in advance
I did that and had no issues whatsoever. Although some others (pointed out here in the thread) soft-bricked their devices in the process.

So what I would do: create a full backup (with TWRP or OrangeRecovery or whatever), copy the entire backup (i think it's in /sdcard0/TWRP/Backup/...) onto your PC and then try dirty flashing the new ROM. Do NOT wipe anything.
If it doesn't boot (after waiting 10 minutes) then wipe Cache and Dalvik cache and try again. if it still doesn't work, just restore your backup.

MateUserHHTT

Aug 2, 2014
Hamburg
I've update my build to 0414. There are updated some commits and applied this commit which fixed CONFIG_ELLIPTICLABS (related with proximity sensor). The download link is below, and I am working the new build for checking and reviewing several stability about dirty flashing from lineage-17.1 official.

Thanks for waiting.

I just wanted to report, that the bug where the camera freezes every few minutes is back with this build.
It freezes frequently every few minutes in video calls, toggling my camera off and on again makes the camera work again (most of the times).

• Sad
Reactions: deolux2
There's this persistent bug that the proximity sensor doesn't work if the device is not unlocked quickly after a reboot. Is there any way to fix this?

Memory usage is just a little too high with 18.1 on my 3GB device, so GCam is causing some background apps to get closed and stuff like that, but I assume that's due to Android 11. So I'm thinking of giving it to someone else and getting a new phone, that's why this bug is quite annoying. I flashed MIUI12 to see how far that has progressed, and while there have been some improvements it's just a catastrophe overall in comparison to AOSP. At this point I'd rather pass the device on with Lineage OS. 👍🏻

Reactions: dkoek

Sithhy™

Jan 15, 2012
Installed this ROM for myself as I got bored of EvolutionX. It wa neat at first, but then I noticed that I am experiencing a weird bug that doesn't show my phone's internal storage, no matter if I try to view it through the phone itself or when connected to a PC. Rebooting to recovery (OrangeFox) makes the internal storage visible just fine, but it doesn't help in any way as I can't access it in any other way.

What went wrong? First time encountering such an oddity

MateUserHHTT

Aug 2, 2014
Hamburg
UPDATE 2: I think all bugs can be explained by the super high RAM usage.

UPDATE: Some (or all) bugs are now resolved, see crossed entries.
Thanks for the continuous development! :)

• Suspiciously high energy consumption (battery is one week old, original)
  • Apps opened from 'recents' are almost never resumed but restarted. Avg RAM usage 89%.
  • background players with foreground notification (Vinyl, NewPipe) are getting killed after 0.5-5 minutes. I suspect the low memory killer is at work here.
  • calling causes mobile internet to not work until reboot. (I have Voice over LTE enabled)
  • my keyboard app (SwiftKey*) sometimes takes 5+ seconds to open (energy profile "balanced" or "quick")
  • Gesture navigation (the one without any buttons) sometimes completely stops working until reboot. (I don't yet know why)

No logs yet, cause tedious and I'll wait to see if it's fixed in the next builds.

Only thing that improved since it went official is the camera (doesn't freeze)

*ofc with internet access blocked hehe

Last edited:
Reactions: Sithhy™

xdatin1

Apr 21, 2011
I am on 17.1 version and I wont to upgrade to 18.1 without loosing data.
Is there any way to do this?
I think for Xiaomi Mi 9t some app or script do the trick

Last edited:

olivi25

Jan 10, 2014
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
UPDATE: Some (or all) bugs are now resolved, see crossed entries.
Thanks for the continuous development! :)
  • Suspiciously high energy consumption (battery is one week old, original)
  • Apps opened from 'recents' are almost never resumed but restarted. Avg RAM usage 89%.
  • background players with foreground notification (Vinyl, NewPipe) are getting killed after 0.5-5 minutes. I suspect the low memory killer is at work here.
  • calling causes mobile internet to not work until reboot. (I have Voice over LTE enabled)
  • my keyboard app (SwiftKey*) sometimes takes 5+ seconds to open (energy profile "balanced" or "quick")
  • Gesture navigation (the one without any buttons) sometimes completely stops working until reboot. (I don't yet know why)

No logs yet, cause tedious and I'll wait to see if it's fixed in the next builds.

Only thing that improved since it went official is the camera (doesn't freeze)

*ofc with internet access blocked hehe
@MateUserHHTT
how do you know that, i didn't see any change on the download page?
But it's a good news.
what are the other problems?

Last edited:
Reactions: MateUserHHTT

jpdoliveira

Apr 14, 2012
Anyone has an issue with phone app not showing when dialing and when on call in the screen but still does the call? Did a clean install.

Also just notice it does not save Bluetooth paired devices, like my car radio.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did somebody try USB OTG?
    It was working for me on an older 17 version, updated to the latest 17 and now my USB devices/sticks dont pop up when plugged in. Should it try an upgrade to 18 or look for another ROM?
    Thanks
    Don't upgrade. Multitasking is dead, at least on 3GB RAM version.

I'm honestly thinking about soldering the 4GB module to my device by hand, but I don't want to create unnecessary e-waste so I might not do it. ^^
    Don't upgrade. Multitasking is dead, at least on 3GB RAM version.

I'm honestly thinking about soldering the 4GB module to my device by hand, but I don't want to create unnecessary e-waste so I might not do it. ^^
    True. My cousin has a Redmi Note 7. His phone was never rooted or unlocked. It is a 3/32 variant. And in last few months, it was lagging very badly on Miui. Launcher would reload every time he opened an app. Spotify would stop if he opened chrome or Twitter. It was terrible.

So I unlocked the bootloader. (Only took 10 minutes. Maybe because his Mi Account is old and was added to the device since long). Now i was looking for a rom. I wanted to install Los 17.1 but I would have to find the last official build in telegram groups because it's not available on Los site.
    Also his firmware was the latest global stable rom. So i was worried that los 17.1 might not work properly.
    So I finally flashed the latest Los 18.1 build. The phone feels totally new. Everything is smooth.

But multitasking is not good. Android footprint has grown a lot in the last 2 version. On a 3gb ram phone, android Oreo or Pie would only occupy 800 mb to 1 gb ram as system. But on Android 11, the system takes about 1.8-2 gb ram for itself.

And it doesn't make sense. On my 4gb Redmi Note 5 Pro, system also takes 1.8-2 gb. Why would it take the same amount on 3gb ram phone. It should scale down slightly.

I also have my uncle's Redmi 5a(riva) running Pixel Experience based on 8.1 Oreo. That phone has 2gb ram and system only takes up 800 mb. And i have no plans to update that phone to custom roms based on Android 10 or Android 11

So again, ram requirements have gone up, especially in android 11. And android used to occupy memory based on total ram available. But now Los 18.1 is taking the same 1.8-2 gb ram on 3gb ram phone as well 4gb ram phones. This affects multitasking quite a lot.

But at the end of the day, for my cousin, he is still extremely happy with his phone. He can at least have Spotify and Twitter running together. And his launcher doesn't reload when he swipes home. Everything feels fast and fluid. Only downwisde being that he can't open more than 2-3 apps at once. It's still 100 times better than miui.
    Hi :)

I'm having some trouble with the GPS since I installed this ROM and OpenGApps Stock package.
    It works correctly on GPS Status and I can get a quick lock but when I use an app such as GMaps or Strava it's slow and sometimes impossible to get a lock (Strava mostly).

I tried disabling the Google Location Accuracy but it didn't help so I decided to check with LogCat and found this trace :

Code:
    07-26 10:06:35.101 20414 20468 W GCoreFlp: No location to return for getLastLocation()
    07-26 10:06:35.123  1587  3612 W ActivityManager: Appop Denial: Accessing service com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.location.internal.server.GoogleLocationService from pid=20414, uid=10192 requires appop COARSE_LOCATION
    07-26 10:06:35.104 20414 20468 W GCoreFlp: No location to return for getLastLocation()
    07-26 10:06:35.123 20414 20468 W GCoreFlp: Unable to bind to GMS NLP
    07-26 10:06:35.126 20414 20468 W GCoreFlp: Unable to bind to GMS NLP

I noticed that the access to the coarse location is denied, I guess Strava expects to get the coarse location quickly before trying to fine tune it, if not it just gives up and tells the user that no GPS lock is possible.

I read a thread about a similar permission issue on MicroG : https://github.com/microg/GmsCore/issues/986. It states that Google Play Services should have the permission to locate the user even in the background, which isn't the case on my phone and I cannot change it :/

Does someone have an idea ?

EDIT

I have managed to fix the issue by running these ADB commands :

Code:
    ./adb shell pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION
    ./adb shell pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION

🥳
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Introduction:
    This is the Unofficial Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7, codename lavender.

How to Install:
    Please flash the ROM zip file via Recovery, making sure to Wipe everything and Format Data beforehand.

Notes:
    • These builds will not pass CTS/SafetyNet -- due to the AVB flag's "red" status. (Magisk works fine with SafetyNet patcher modules, though is not supported.)
    • Updates Released at the end of every month.

Download:

Source:
    BUMP!

New Update Released!
    Changelog: 03/03/2021
    • Updated LineageOS Sources

• 31/01/2021:
      • Updated LineageOS Sources
    • 25/12/20:
      • Initial Build
    any plans to go official? our device is still not listed under LineageOS hudson