[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11][03/03/2021] LineageOS 18.1 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 (lavender)

Search This thread

AlieNaTiZ

Vibrate on keypress doesn't seem to work
also how can i remove/hide the bottom part of the keyboard wherein it displays the button to choose input method, i don't need it. it just increase the keyboard height which seems annoying.

there's no screenshot and lockscreen tile

Thanks for feedback. I checked it occurs when switching input method (English -> figure on AOSP keyboard.)
I checked that it occurs the same way on GBoard, too.

chris0v21

Oct 12, 2016
LineageOS 18.1 has gone official, does that mean that the next update of this rom, will be official as well?

Edit: Will it also support dirty flash update from 17.1 or clean flash only?

• Love
Reactions: bjo81 and deolux2

olivmarcos

Oct 7, 2019
Hey guys, this ROM has any major bug? I was using Pixel Experience before moving back to MUIU but I wanna go back to custom (pure android) so I was wondering about this one since PX 11 is in beta. How's this one?

========================================================================

So I flashed the latest 17.1 ROM but why can't I installing the GCAM app?

Last edited:

bjo81

Sep 14, 2013
Bremen
Moto G30
@AlieNaTiZ
I'm getting the impression that in my build the oom-killer is often killing apps and e.g. maps hangs then, my lavender has only 4GB of memory. Maybe adopting the zram setting from nokia would be an idea?

Code:
    if [ -f /sys/block/zram0/disksize ]; then
        if [ -f /sys/block/zram0/use_dedup ]; then
            echo 1 > /sys/block/zram0/use_dedup
        fi
        if [ $MemTotal -le 524288 ]; then
            echo 402653184 > /sys/block/zram0/disksize
        elif [ $MemTotal -le 1048576 ]; then
            echo 805306368 > /sys/block/zram0/disksize
        elif [ $MemTotal -le 3145728 ]; then
            echo 1073741824 > /sys/block/zram0/disksize
        elif [ $MemTotal -le 4194304 ]; then
            echo 2147483648 > /sys/block/zram0/disksize
        else
            echo 4294967296 > /sys/block/zram0/disksize
        fi
        mkswap /dev/block/zram0
        swapon /dev/block/zram0 -p 32758

Does something have changed in the background app killing behaviour between LOS 17.1 and 18.1?

Last edited:

AlieNaTiZ

At first, I submitted the commit for only "lavender: Kang sensors.ssc from Nokia PL2".

I've tested the ROM built-in vendor source (except for camera blobs) updated to V12.0.1.0 QFGMIXM.
But I experienced error about msm_thermal (Unable to read thermal zone sensor) during initial booting.

Since this is working properly with the current vendor version, I submitted and re-send the mr(merge request) is applied sensors.ssc which solved the deep sleep problem.

Last edited:

AlieNaTiZ

@AlieNaTiZ
I'm getting the impression that in my build the oom-killer is often killing apps and e.g. maps hangs then, my lavender has only 4GB of memory. Maybe adopting the zram setting from nokia would be an idea?

Code:
    if [ -f /sys/block/zram0/disksize ]; then
        if [ -f /sys/block/zram0/use_dedup ]; then
            echo 1 > /sys/block/zram0/use_dedup
        fi
        if [ $MemTotal -le 524288 ]; then
            echo 402653184 > /sys/block/zram0/disksize
        elif [ $MemTotal -le 1048576 ]; then
            echo 805306368 > /sys/block/zram0/disksize
        elif [ $MemTotal -le 3145728 ]; then
            echo 1073741824 > /sys/block/zram0/disksize
        elif [ $MemTotal -le 4194304 ]; then
            echo 2147483648 > /sys/block/zram0/disksize
        else
            echo 4294967296 > /sys/block/zram0/disksize
        fi
        mkswap /dev/block/zram0
        swapon /dev/block/zram0 -p 32758

Does something have changed in the background app killing behaviour between LOS 17.1 and 18.1?

I don't know if it's 3GB,
but it is need to consider whether it is needed to enable zRAM on 4GB RAM.

bjo81

Sep 14, 2013
Bremen
Moto G30
I don't know if it's 3GB,
but it is need to consider whether it is needed to enable zRAM on 4GB RAM.
I have enabled now 2GB zram on my 4GB device, and it's fine - 1,2GB RAM are now free and around 800MB in zram, before only 100-200MB were free and oomkiller was killing a lot of apps while using them. So I think enabling zram would be an improvement.

Reactions: AlieNaTiZ

CursedSpeed99

Apr 4, 2021
Hmmm... this forum isn't active for days

Actually, sorry to annoy the dev (@UltraGamerHD) and the users. I'm just curious, Why LineageOS 18.1 is not released yet for Lavender? The current release is still on 17.1. Why?

I'm really excited for official release of android 11 LineageOS 18.1. My phone feels outdated,lol.

Like any clue release date if not to be exact.

MateUserHHTT

Aug 2, 2014
Hamburg
Hmmm... this forum isn't active for days

Actually, sorry to annoy the dev (@UltraGamerHD) and the users. I'm just curious, Why LineageOS 18.1 is not released yet for Lavender? The current release is still on 17.1. Why?

I'm really excited for official release of android 11 LineageOS 18.1. My phone feels outdated,lol.

Like any clue release date if not to be exact.
Probably because the maintainer has other things to do as well and currently has no time for this.
I mean, he is doing that in his free time, not getting payed for it.

AlieNaTiZ

I share the UNOFFICIAL build (20210410) based on the latest LineageOS source code.

Maintainer contacted me to let him know that if it is ready to be official.
If you experience some problems for using this ROM, tell me the feedback.

It seems to have some problem for dirty flashing from 0330 build.
I have clean up and re-flashed the ROM, and factory reset..., then it is booting successfully.

Last edited:

deolux2

Jan 2, 2017
Greater London
I share the UNOFFICIAL build (20210410) based on the latest LineageOS source code.

Maintainer contacted me to let him know that if it is ready to be official.
If you experience some problems for using this ROM, tell me the feedback.

It seems to have some problem for dirty flashing from 0330 build.
I have clean up and re-flashed the ROM, and factory reset..., then it is booting successfully.
Performed format data then clean wipe and flash ROM using the latest stable OrangeFox and it boots successfully.
SELinux is enforcing and the vendor is 1 Oct 2020.
Fingerprint and native camera working so far...(y)

AlieNaTiZ

I apologize for the hassle of sharing and applying a new build right away. If you are using 0410 build, you can flash 0411 build by dirty flashing. 20210411 download link and changelog are below.

20210411 changelog
- Update LineageOS Source code
- Update Security patch level: 2021-04-05
- This unofficial ROM is built by config as "userdebug"

AlieNaTiZ

Performed format data then clean wipe and flash ROM using the latest stable OrangeFox and it boots successfully.
SELinux is enforcing and the vendor is 1 Oct 2020.
Fingerprint and native camera working so far...(y)

Following things are fixed compared to the previous build (03.03.2021)

* Camera freezes after roughly a minute
* Device requires restart in order to charge

I didn't find any bugs remaining. :)

Thanks for sharing the feedback :)

And there's something you need to refer to. Our maintainer has a plan for updating the vendor sources based on the latest firmware update (QFGMIXM 12.0.1.0).

However, when it comes to vendor source update, both I and the maintainer are busy with current personal work, so I don't know when to proceed.

I checked he wants to promote the lavender for lineage-18.1 officially asap. Also, I really hope so.

• Love
Reactions: darhma and deolux2

chris0v21

Oct 12, 2016
I apologize for the hassle of sharing and applying a new build right away. If you are using 0410 build, you can flash 0411 build by dirty flashing. 20210411 download link and changelog are below.

20210411 changelog
- Update LineageOS Source code
- Update Security patch level: 2021-04-05
- This unofficial ROM is built by config as "userdebug"

I want to try your build but before I flash it I got 2 questions. First does it support VoWIFI and VoLTE, and secondly can I dirty flash it from official Lineage OS 17.1 or clean install only?
Thanks for your time

Reactions: AlieNaTiZ

AlieNaTiZ

I want to try your build but before I flash it I got 2 questions. First does it support VoWIFI and VoLTE, and secondly can I dirty flash it from official Lineage OS 17.1 or clean install only?
Thanks for your time

I'll check this out when I have time and let you know again. However, it is difficult to check the VoWiFi function because it is not supported in South Korea where I live.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Introduction:
    This is the Unofficial Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7, codename lavender.

How to Install:
    Please flash the ROM zip file via Recovery, making sure to Wipe everything and Format Data beforehand.

Notes:
    • These builds will not pass CTS/SafetyNet -- due to the AVB flag's "red" status. (Magisk works fine with SafetyNet patcher modules, though is not supported.)
    • Updates Released at the end of every month.

Download:

Source:
    BUMP!

New Update Released!
    Changelog: 03/03/2021
    • Updated LineageOS Sources

• 31/01/2021:
      • Updated LineageOS Sources
    • 25/12/20:
      • Initial Build
    any plans to go official? our device is still not listed under LineageOS hudson