• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11][ARM] DotOS-5.2 [A6000/Plus]

Search This thread

Vidhani12

Jul 31, 2017
Redmi Note 10
dot_main-banner.png

" #DroidOnTime "
ROM Version: 5.2
Device: A6000/Plus

banner_discl.png

Code:
* Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.
* You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user-friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration.."

banner_about.png

dotOS is an Android ROM that focuses on performance, stability, and User Experience. We focus on making our rom look and feel great without struggling on Performance and Battery! So that one can get the most out of your device.....

banner_inst.png

CLEAN FLASH/First Time Installation :
Flash latest recovery (if needed), based on TWRP >= 3.2
Reboot to recovery
Wipe /cache and /data. If your /data is formatted in f2fs, format it in ext4, otherwise OS will not boot.
Flash the rom
Flash Gapps (Bitgapps or OpenGapps ARM/Android 11/pico or nano)
Flash Magisk (also if needed)
Reboot to ROM

banner_features.png

Complete Changelogs: https://changelogs.droidontime.com/

banner_downlods.png

AndroidFileHost

Recommended Gapps - Bitgapps

Whats works:
  • Booting
  • Audio
  • Graphics
  • RIL (calls, sms, mobile data)
  • Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct
  • Bluetooth
  • GPS, GLONASS
  • FM Radio
  • Sensors
  • Camera
  • Video recording
  • Screen cast
  • Offline charging
  • SELinux (enforcing)
  • SafetyNet (with hidden Magisk or without root)
  • App Lock
Bugs - Face lock

ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Hex Firmware Patch, TWRP >= 3.2

Notes-
• Double tap to wake is not there, but can be enabled using any kernel manager

Credits to -
acroreiser for trees
Gulgamgug for testing

Source code -
Device tree: https://github.com/acroreiser/android_device_lenovo_a6000
Kernel tree: https://github.com/acroreiser/android_kernel_lenovo_a6000
Vendor tree: https://github.com/acroreiser/android_vendor_lenovo_a6000

Contributors -
Vidhani12
acroreiser

Our Telegram discussion group: Lenovo A6000/Plus Community Discussions

header_logo_50.png

Last edited:

-ARiCK-

Mar 3, 2019
why this "double tap to wake" is so hard to implement? almost every new lenovo a6000 rom has the same issue there is no "double tap to wake" why is that? i am still using "dotos 3.0 android 9 pie" and i really love dotos finally i found a new dotos soon i will try this os!

-ARiCK-

Mar 3, 2019
okay today i tested this os and it wont me let me pass after "face detection" it's like a loop no matter what you do it wont let you pass after "face detection" if i try to cancel still it will come "face detection" screen but if i try to "face detection" it wont do it no matter how much light on my face still it wont let you pass after "face detection"
so i wanna check the os so badly that's why next time i only install the os but didn't install the opengapps then i can reach to the desktop on this os and it was decent but if i install opengapps arm android 11 pico then it wont let me pass after "face detection"

FIX THIS PLEASE!

Vidhani12

Jul 31, 2017
Redmi Note 10
why this "double tap to wake" is so hard to implement? almost every new lenovo a6000 rom has the same issue there is no "double tap to wake" why is that? i am still using "dotos 3.0 android 9 pie" and i really love dotos finally i found a new dotos soon i will try this os!
You can use any kernel manager to enable double tap to wake

Vidhani12

Jul 31, 2017
Redmi Note 10
okay today i tested this os and it wont me let me pass after "face detection" it's like a loop no matter what you do it wont let you pass after "face detection" if i try to cancel still it will come "face detection" screen but if i try to "face detection" it wont do it no matter how much light on my face still it wont let you pass after "face detection"
so i wanna check the os so badly that's why next time i only install the os but didn't install the opengapps then i can reach to the desktop on this os and it was decent but if i install opengapps arm android 11 pico then it wont let me pass after "face detection"

FIX THIS PLEASE!
I am also a beginner in compiling roms. I will learn the procedure to fix and will try to fix this in future updates when I have time

jonnyluke

Jun 27, 2021
Lenovo A7000
Realme 2 pro
bugs encountered so far :
  • can't format micro sd as internal
  • can't use migrate to restore backup apps > automatically reboot
  • usb debugging shows device offline > unable to use command adb install
otherwise the rom is kinda heavy and lagging at some time

Vidhani12

Jul 31, 2017
Redmi Note 10
bugs encountered so far :
  • can't format micro sd as internal
  • can't use migrate to restore backup apps > automatically reboot
  • usb debugging shows device offline > unable to use command adb install
otherwise the rom is kinda heavy and lagging at some time
Maybe many of them are fixed on latest 5.2.1 release, but I can't provide the latest build as my AWS free trial is expired and therefore the rom is discontinued.