## About the kernel
### Update on 2021. 12. 3
Finally the first release including my custom kernel is published, as of December 3, 2021.
Now all the later releases will have my kernel.
This kernel is based on CTD1 firmware, and I have done the following jobs so far;
But we have still some limitations.
- Merged android-linux-stable/msm-3.18, which is including up to Linux 3.14.140 patches
- Merged LA.UM.7.6.r1-07800-89xx.0 CAF tag
- Replaced the built-in WLAN driver into the CAF one from LA.UM.7.6.r1-07800-89xx.0 tag, which is the latest version
- Disabled most of Samsung-specific flags including TIMA, KNOX, RESTRICT, ...
- Enabled F2FS file system
- Added AutoSMP CPU hotplug feature and enabled by default for better battery consumption
- Added AdrenoBoost and enabled by default for better GPU performance
- Added Anxiety I/O scheduler for better I/O performance
- Enabled TCP Westwood congestion window control by default for better network stability
- Set CONFIG_HZ to 300 which is recommended in Android devices and it improves overall interactivity and UX with no power cost
- Now the S-Pen palm rejection is implemented in the kernel rather than the Android frameworks
- Maybe more..?
This is the first version of mine, so there might be some more upgrades on later.
- It still uses the legacy camera driver from CTD1 firmware so unfortunately there are the same bugs on the camera as before
- The screen on/off using a flip cover is broken for an unknown reason. The system recognizes how the flip cover status changed but actually not working
- Cannot upgrade to the next CAF tag because of some old blobs we have, I believe
- Maybe more..?
I think the most meaningful thing about this job is now we can edit the kernel on the full Linux kernel commits.
First, I have to say thanks! It's amazing your job and effort with this device. Everything that I've tested worked well. I just had a problem with screen lock after plugging in the charger. No advice or stuff like that, only one black screen. I forced a reboot, and put again the charger.Hello all.
I uploaded the new LineageOS ROMs that comes with the new kernel.
Probably the first seen noticeable change is the Bluetooth keyboard is fixed now.
And there are lots of improvements on that. I wrote the detailed information to the first post of this thread but firstly, I copied that contents here.
Just tested myself.
I installed the rom and used it within an hour. And it happened once, as I reported. Until now, no other things. The ROM is smooth and very responsive. It's been a great experience.Just tested myself.
Screen stays black when plugged in as it did on previous ROMs.
Waking up is no problem after a minute.
After which period of time did you encounter this?
Testing longer time now.
Edit 1h later: still no problem.
Fingerprint sensor seems to be working better as well compared to previous ROM.
I found the following in the internet to overcome the OTG problem and be able to use a stick right away. NOTE THOUGH that after this I had the problems with the WIFI that I mentioned in my previous message, only when having the stick plugged though, but I got used to it.... either WIFI or OTG....Was just about to test it but the stick wasn't correctly recognised.
Although just tested as usable in another device.
When trying to copy something onto it from the NAS using Total-Commander it just showed what's in the pic.
Properties rwx were the same as SD (770).
Format vFat might be the cause I thought so sitched to TWRP and formated as ext4.
Reboot - > system says problem with the stick (do I want to format?) so I did - > vFat.
Gave up but no WI-FI probs meanwhile.
Just another info: battery usage in deep-sleep (fmight-mode) turned on is brilliant ~0.1%/h.
Sorry if I mislead you. If you used the approach I have mentioned, then wifi works perfectly as long as you do not use otg at the same time. So, in your case you will have problems with wifi ONLY the two times per year you use the OTG. The rest of the year WiFi will be trouble free.....
/* * Your warranty will be VOID after installing a custom ROM. * * Get notified yourself that I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, * and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, * I will laugh at you. */