/* * Your warranty will be VOID after installing a custom ROM. * * Get notified yourself that I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, * and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, * I will laugh at you. */
Havoc-OS is an after-market firmware based on Android Open Source Project, inspired by Google Pixel with a refined Material Design 2 UI. We offer a smooth and stable experience for your device with a selected set of amazing features that provide an exceptional user experience.
# What's working
- Audio playback
- Quad speakers
- Bluetooth audio
- Video playback
- Fingerprint sensor
- LTE (SM-T825)
- WiFi display
- Widevine L1
- USB ADB/MTP/OTG
- Samsung Doze
- Palm rejection
- SD Card
- Power-off mode charging
# What's not working
- Some HavocOS features like AppLock
- Fast charging
- SELinux permissive
- Hardware encryption
- Please see the "Known issues" part of this post
## HavocOS 4
## Google Apps
## TWRP Recovery
- You can use mine, please visit this thread.
- You can use F2FS file system for cache, data partitions with my TWRP recovery.
- [RECOVERY][SM-T820][SM-T825][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy Tab S3
# How to install
- Unlock the bootloader.
- Download TWRP and flash the recovery image via Odin.
- Download HavocOS 4 for Galaxy Tab S3.
- Be aware of the board name.
- Download GAPPS for Android 11 and the others you want to flash.
- Only OpenGApps is tested. (open_gapps-arm64-11.0-pico-20210130-TEST.zip)
- Enter TWRP recovery.
- The first boot to TWRP might be very slow because of the unmatched file systems.
- Format the whole system, data, cache partitions using the format menu.
- You will type `yes` to do that.
- Flash the images.
- If you're going to install GApps or something, you have to install the LineageOS first.
- Reboot the system.
# Known issues
- Follows it might have the same issues on my LineageOS 18.1
- Thank all of you for the feedback
- Device Tree
- Kernel: https://github.com/awesometic/android_kernel_samsung_msm8996
- Vendor: https://github.com/awesometic/proprietary_vendor_samsung
# Telegram Groups
- If you are interested in developing this potential machine, please tell me through PM then I will send you the invitation link.
- If you need a general discussion channel for this potential machine or want to share the news of its Android projects from anyone to everyone, you can join our discussion group chat.
# Buy me a coffee
- If you like my efforts or would like to support me, please don't hesitate to buy me a cup of coffee.
# Credits / Special thanks to
- Android Open Source Project
- LineageOS Team
- HavocOS Team
- @Valera1978 for his amazing previous work including his MSM8996 kernel
- @supermike86 and @samsuffit for testing LineageOS 18.1 for T820, which is I don't have one
- @bmwdroid and @cherepanov for confirming the LTE works
- @sebmue for letting me know that the useful information for palm rejection, and @ghostwheel for sharing its working source codes on Android 9
- @switchgott for helping me in the development discussion and creating Telegram groups
- All from our Telegram discussion channel, @EonOfBlack , Sands, David Becker, ...
- @LuK1337 for giving me a hint to fix the quad-speakers.