[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11][EAS][Signature Spoofing][OTA][SM-T820][SM-T825][2023-11-15] LineageOS 18.1 for Galaxy Tab S3

Search This thread

mi_guel

No sorry, freezing is one of the most annoying bugs :)
I glanced at your logcat and yeah, that crashes by the GMS application runtime. It also says "Not allowed to start service Intent".
So, maybe you're right, I think it may be a application problem, which is related to the GApps.

Sorry for not helping you, but if you face a similar problem and it is quite weird, please let me know.
It has happened to me too, but it's very infrequent so I usually just force reboot and go on

Just changed to 18.1-20210901 2 clean installs, does not run well at all on my t820. freezing, crashing and very slow overall.
Do you have a link to 18.1-20210813-UNOFFICIAL-gts3lwifi. This version was nearly perfect for my device
Have you fully formated data with TWRP and gone in ADVANCED WIPE and checked everything except SD Card?

I have a T820 and working flawlessly.

massivenuts

Apr 7, 2020
Have you fully formated data with TWRP and gone in ADVANCED WIPE and checked everything except SD Card?

I have a T820 and working flawlessly.
Yep, just did it again for fun.... only way to get into twrp is to go download mode and flash it from odin. Button combo brings up recovery booting, set warranty bit:recovery then black screen stops responding. Can then access download mode and flash ap again.

Hello all.

I uploaded the new version, including fixing the power-off mode charging.
I'm using the LPM binary that is from Samsung for the power-off mode charging. When you plug in the charging cable while the tablet turns off, you can see the original charging screen you might see in the stock firmware. :)

And I tried to fix the Bluetooth inputs and the OTG drives issues but I couldn't. I can reproduce these problems but I cannot find how to fix them for now. But I can confirm that the wired input devices are working such as a keyboard and a Playstation 4 controller.

Please check out the first post of this thread. :)

pooyab

Dec 3, 2009
Rasht
Hello all.

I'm using the LPM binary that is from Samsung for the power-off mode charging. When you plug in the charging cable while the tablet turns off, you can see the original charging screen you might see in the stock firmware. :)

And I tried to fix the Bluetooth inputs and the OTG drives issues but I couldn't. I can reproduce these problems but I cannot find how to fix them for now. But I can confirm that the wired input devices are working such as a keyboard and a Playstation 4 controller.

Great news! and thank you for keep working on the issues 🙏🏻

Reactions: peterl30
..... the new version, including fixing the power-off mode charging.....
Just trying it out.
Thx very much for your work and time.
Powered off charging info and start are working.

User info: contrary to the version before only a clean (incl "Fornat Data") made it possible to install on my T825.
Data restore made all as it was before.

Dwightsch

May 9, 2020
Hello all.

hey man, you're an absolute legend. thank you for donating your time and talent to this. it might be worth way more than you'd guess for some people, i know it is for me. I wish you everlasting health and happiness. since wishes don't mean much please keep your username and online identifiers consistent so those of us that can't reciprocate properly right now, be able to do so in the future.

anyways the new release is great, as usual, slight problem tho i can't get it to boot with magisk. everything seems okay besides that.
thank you again
cheers

• Love
Reactions: Awesometic

Andy_Vie

Aug 15, 2021
Just trying it out.
Thx very much for your work and time.
Powered off charging info and start are working.

User info: contrary to the version before only a clean (incl "Fornat Data") made it possible to install on my T825.
Data restore made all as it was before.
For my T820 it worked fine without "Format Data". Charging works now exactly as it used to be with stock rom. September-Patch is included :)
@Awesometic : Thanks again for your great effort! For me everything is finally perfect, I am so happy with my tablet now :)

@Awesometic: Will you be able to fix the issues I've described concerning secondary non main/admin users?

I have a plan to fix them too but not for now, sorry. I didn't try to fix that issue yet. 😅
After fixing the more commonly faced issues like OTG drives don't show anything, I will try to fix that.

hey man, you're an absolute legend. thank you for donating your time and talent to this. it might be worth way more than you'd guess for some people, i know it is for me. I wish you everlasting health and happiness. since wishes don't mean much please keep your username and online identifiers consistent so those of us that can't reciprocate properly right now, be able to do so in the future.

anyways the new release is great, as usual, slight problem tho i can't get it to boot with magisk. everything seems okay besides that.
thank you again
cheers

Thank you for saying encouraging words 😀
I'm using Magisk with my LOS. Any clues why it can't boot?

Reactions: pooyab

Andy_Vie

Aug 15, 2021
Having latest rom now for 2 days, lockscreen-freezing now occurs very often on my T820 (with prevous rom it was very rare). Just flashed rom and gapps. Anything what I can do about that? I know there were previous posts with freezing errors related to GMS application. I now have to force reboot with power+volume down really often.

w595shubham

Nov 23, 2015
First of all, I would like to appreciate Awesometic for the amazing work that he do on this ROM. Your professionalism and enthusiasm reflects in the countless hours that you put into the project to ensure it see the light of day. Your self-motivation, dedication and diligence are an inspiration.

I've installed this ROM today and it is running very nicely. I thought, this tablet won't see any ROM development and will be forgotten but you Awesometic is GOD sent to us all tab s3 owners. I wish you all the very best.

Reactions: peterl30
Hey Awesometic, really thanks a lot for the ROM!! It works flawlessly for me on my galaxy tab S3 LTE 😁 the battery is good, the performance of the tablet is A LOT better than the stock ROM and also it's awesome to not have all the bloatware installed!

The only thing that "ruins" a bit the experience and makes me want to go back to the stock is sound, the quad speakers work, but the sound is not really the best, it sounds like it's a phone speaker compared to the stock Samsung UI. I tuned it a bit through audioFx presets, but it lacks all the surround sound that you had with Dolby Atmos, the highs are tingly, there's no bass at all and the overall sound is not equalised well.

Would you be able to extract Dolby Atmos or its settings? That would make this ROM the BEST CHOICE, and better in every aspect. Anyway, other than that, this is already a way better experience than the stock. Congrats and thanks again!!

mi_guel

Hey Awesometic, really thanks a lot for the ROM!! It works flawlessly for me on my galaxy tab S3 LTE 😁 the battery is good, the performance of the tablet is A LOT better than the stock ROM and also it's awesome to not have all the bloatware installed!

The only thing that "ruins" a bit the experience and makes me want to go back to the stock is sound, the quad speakers work, but the sound is not really the best, it sounds like it's a phone speaker compared to the stock Samsung UI. I tuned it a bit through audioFx presets, but it lacks all the surround sound that you had with Dolby Atmos, the highs are tingly, there's no bass at all and the overall sound is not equalised well.

Would you be able to extract Dolby Atmos or its settings? That would make this ROM the BEST CHOICE, and better in every aspect. Anyway, other than that, this is already a way better experience than the stock. Congrats and thanks again!!
It's already the best choice, you can install Atmos with magisk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty will be VOID after installing a custom ROM.
    * Get notified yourself that I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications,
    * and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device,
    * I will laugh at you.
    */

# LineageOS

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

# What's working
    • Display/Touchscreen
      • LiveDisplay
    • Audio playback
      • Quad speakers
      • Headphone/Headset
      • Bluetooth audio
    • Video playback
      • HDR
    • Camera
    • Microphone
    • Sensors
    • Fingerprint sensor
    • GPS
    • LTE (SM-T825)
    • WiFi
    • WiFi display
    • Hotspot
    • Bluetooth
    • DRM
      • Widevine L1
    • USB ADB/MTP/OTG
    • Samsung Doze
    • S-Pen
      • Palm rejection
    • Hardware Encryption
      • MDFPP
    • SD Card
    • Power-off mode charging

# What's not working
    • SELinux permissive
    • Please see the "Known issues" part of this post

# Downloads

## LineageOS 18.1

## Google Apps

## TWRP Recovery

# How to install
    1. Unlock the bootloader.
    2. Download TWRP and flash the recovery image via Odin.
    3. Download LineageOS 18.1 for Galaxy Tab S3.
      • Be aware of the board name.
    4. Download GAPPS for Android 11 and the others you want to flash.
      • Only OpenGApps is tested. (open_gapps-arm64-11.0-pico-20210130-TEST.zip)
    5. Enter TWRP recovery.
      • The first boot to TWRP might be very slow because of the unmatched file systems.
    6. Format the whole system, data, cache partitions using the format menu.
      • You will type `yes` to do that.
    7. Flash the images.
      • If you're going to install GApps or something, you have to install the LineageOS first.
    8. Reboot the system.
    9. Done.

# Known issues
    • Camera somewhat buggy
      • Sometimes the camera doesn't work after booting. You can fix that back by just rebooting
      • On webcam chat apps, there is a vertical green bar and the color is not properly displayed
    • OTG drives may show nothing even if it mounted
    • The side button on S-Pen is working but you must use the proper application that can handle the button event
    • Fast charging works (15W) but currently the kernel reports the wrong charging voltage and current
    • Thank all of you for the feedback

# Sources

# Telegram Groups
    • If you are interested in developing this potential machine, please tell me through PM then I will send you the invitation link.
    • If you need a general discussion channel for this potential machine or want to share the news of its Android projects from anyone to everyone, you can join our discussion group chat.

# Buy me a coffee

# Credits / Special thanks to
    • Android Open Source Project
    • LineageOS Team
    • @Valera1978 for his amazing previous work including his MSM8996 kernel
    • @supermike86 and @samsuffit for testing LineageOS 18.1 for T820, which is I don't have one
    • @bmwdroid and @cherepanov for confirming the LTE works
    • @sebmue for letting me know that the useful information for palm rejection, and @ghostwheel for sharing its working source codes on Android 9
    • @switchgott for helping me in the development discussion and creating Telegram groups
    • All from our Telegram discussion channel, @EonOfBlack , Sands, David Becker, ...
    • @LuK1337 for giving me a hint to fix the quad-speakers.
    Hi all,

Finally, I can take a picture with my Tab S3 :)

But still, there are some annoying bugs about the picture resolution, a flashlight behavior, ... but yeah it is usable when I take something using slightly lower resolution without the flashlight.

Also, for now, both the LOS camera app and Snap camera are not working well while Open Camera and Google Camera seem to be working well.

For now, the major problem is that if I use a flashlight in the camera app at least once, the overall GUI animations slow down even I closed the camera app.

So, when I publish the camera fixed version, at least I will fix this most bothering thing even though I can't fix it all for the camera.
    ## Changelogs
    • 2023. 11. 15
      • gts3l-common: Syned with the latest LineageOS source
        • Applied the new security patch on November 5, 2023
    • 2023. 9. 19
        • Applied the new security patch on September 5, 2023
      • gts3l-common: Build AOSP Bluetooth audio HAL and fix audio configs
        • It may fix the phone call using a Bluetooth device
      • gts3l-common: Switch to LineageOS's Samsung light HAL
      • gts3l-common: Switch to LineageOS's Samsung LiveDisplay HAL
      • gts3l-common: Remove importing device health files which does already exist by building AOSP health HAL
    • 2023. 8. 1
        • Applied the new security patch on July 5, 2023
    • 2023. 6. 17
        • Applied the new security patch on June 5, 2023
    • 2023. 5. 10
      • gts3l-common: Fix camera torch-related weird behaviors
        • It doesn't occur at least for me now. Please tell me if it occurs
        • Thanks to @Ivan_Meler
      • gts3l-common: Add support for Signature Spoofing
      • gts3l-common: Add support for OTA update
    • 2023. 4. 16
      • gts3l-common: Applied the new security patch, March 5, 2023
      • gts3l-common: Properly implement MDFPP Keymaster set
      • gts3l-common: Enable Samsung DAP on boot, the Dolby effect
        • It just works automatically and there is no setting option for switching this feature
        • But you won't feel like disabling this since it isn't harmful at all
      • gts3l-common: Updated awesometic's kernel to v0.12
    • 2022. 5. 8
      • gts3l-common: Applied the new security patch, April 5, 2022
      • gts3l-common: Switched to use only the MDFPP Keymaster set
      • gts3l-common: Fixed the fingerprint sensor recognition issue on some third-party application
      • gts3l-common: Fixed the Vulkan not activated
      • gts3l-common: Updated awesometic's kernel to v0.9
        • Disabled CPU AutoSMP, as known as CPU auto hotplug
        • Improved stability
    • 2022. 3. 1
      • gts3l-common: Synced with the latest LineageOS source
      • gts3l-common: Fixed the broken hardware button settings
    • 2022. 2. 23
      • gts3l-common: Applied the new security patch, February 5, 2022
      • gts3l-common: Enabled triple buffering of SurfaceFlinger
      • gts3l-common: Enabled partitions on loop devices
      • gts3l-common: Implemented thermal HAL, so that we can get the correct temperature from each hardware components
      • gts3l-common: Changed default CPU governor to blu_schedutil
      • gts3l-common: Changed the schedutil properties
      • gts3l-common: Set the default GPU frequency level to 6, which is 133 MHz in idle
      • gts3l-common: Enabled msm_irqbalance, which is from oneplus3
      • gts3l-common: Updated blobs
        • Updated Adreno libraries to v415, which is from daisy firmware (Android 10)
        • Changed media blobs to daisy firmware (Android 10)
        • Changed perf, thermal libraries to oneplus3 one
      • gts3l-common: Reduces ROM size
        • Removed unused camera firmwares
        • Removed unused Samsung specific OMX libraries
      • gts3l-common: Updated awesometic's kernel to v0.8
        • Cherry-picked lots of common upstream patches from LineageOS kernels
        • Added support for WireGuard
      • gts3llte: Fixed ipacm binary working
    • 2022. 2. 9
      • gts3l-common: Applied the new security patch, January 5, 2022
      • gts3l-common: Fixed fingerprint working on a third-party app
      • gts3l-common: Updated built-in blobs to T825UBU3CUF1 by ZTO (from Brazil)
      • gts3l-common: Changed dynamic_stune_boost to 10 from 15
        • That value indicates a kind of reactivity of the CPU frequency of the schedutil governor. Generally, 10 to 20 is recommended, but in my test setting that 10 is enough to use the tablet smoothly and also can expect better battery and thermal.

• 2021. 12. 19
      • gts3l-common: Applied the new security patch, December 5, 2021
      • gts3l-common: Fixed aptX, aptX HD working
      • gts3l-common: Fixed WiFi display working
      • gts3l-common: Fixed a download fail problem for some games
      • gts3l-common: Changed the default CPU governor to schedutil
      • gts3l-common: Changed the default I/O scheduler to bfq
      • gts3l-common: Added Dolby audio effect
        • Added that library successfully but don't sure it is working, will investigate that too
      • gts3l-common: Added FlipFlap package for better handling of flip cover flips
      • gts3l-common: Added software navigation bar feature
      • gts3l-common: Enabled ZRAM for 2GB for a 4GB device
      • gts3l-common: Updated awesometic's kernel to v0.6
        • Merged EAS-Project/msm-3.18 and successfully migrated to EAS based kernel
          • Enabled EAS, WALT, Schedtune, Schedutil, ...
        • Added blu_schedutil CPU governor
        • Updated sdfat driver to 2.4.5
        • Updated camera driver
        • Imported/enabled ZRAM with LZ4 compress
        • Imported/enabled BFQ I/O scheduler
        • Optimized memory performance
        • Fixed a flip cover working
        • Maybe more...
    • 2021. 11. 30
      • gts3l-common: Synced with the latest LIneageOS source
      • gts3l-common: Fixed Bluetooth input working including a Bluetooth keyboard
      • gts3l-common: Now it starts to use my custom kernel, awesometic's kernel v0.3
        • Merged android-linux-stable/msm-3.18, which is including up to Linux 3.14.140 patches
        • Merged LA.UM.7.6.r1-07800-89xx.0 CAF tag
        • Replaced the built-in WLAN driver into the CAF one from LA.UM.7.6.r1-07800-89xx.0 tag, which is the latest version
        • Disabled most of Samsung-specific flags including TIMA, KNOX, RESTRICT, ...
        • Enabled F2FS file system
        • Added AutoSMP CPU hotplug feature and enabled by default for better battery consumption
        • Added AdrenoBoost and enabled by default for better GPU performance
        • Added Anxiety I/O scheduler for better I/O performance
        • Enabled TCP Westwood congestion window control by default for better network stability
        • Set CONFIG_HZ to 300 which is recommended in Android devices and it improves overall interactivity and UX with no power cost
        • Now the S-Pen palm rejection is implemented in the kernel rather than the Android frameworks
        • Maybe more...
        • To get the detailed information, please see the third post of this thread
    • 2021. 11. 16
      • gts3l-common: Applied the new security patch, November 5, 2021
      • gts3l-common: Fixed the external keyboards' arrow keys working
    • 2021. 10. 29
      • gts3l-common: Applied the new security patch, October 5, 2021
    • 2021. 9. 22
      • gts3l-common: Applied the new security patch, September 5, 2021
      • gts3l-common: Fixed the power-off mode charging using the Samsung LPM binary
      • gts3l-common: Switched to QTI USB HAL, version 1.2
      • gts3l-common: Cleaned up the keyboard layouts and added the layouts from the latest firmware for Samsung products like the book cover keyboard
      • gts3l-common: Improved power management
    • 2021. 9. 1
      • gts3l-common: Fixed the camera working
      • gts3l-common: Resolved lots of SELinux warnings
      • gts3l-common: Added some props to optimize the video and media performance
      • gts3l-common: Added proper power profiles for better power management
      • gts3l-common: Added a proper thermal-engine config for better thermal management
      • gts3l-common: Change the hotspot location of the pointer arrow
    • 2021. 8. 13
      • gts3l-common: Applied the new security patch, August 5, 2021.
      • gts3l-common: Fixed the quad-speakers working.
      • gts3l-common: Disabled WiFi display feature.
      • gts3l-common: Added support for Adaptive Fast Charge.
      • gts3l-common: Added LiveDisplay HIDL to switch the screen modes.
      • gts3l-common: Added the button backlight control menu.
      • gts3l-common: Added the advanced reboot menu.
      • gts3l-common: Changed to the Light HIDL completely.
      • gts3l-common: Changed the stylus pointer icon to the smaller one.
    • 2021. 7. 29
      • gts3l-common: Fixed headphone jack working.
      • gts3l-common: Fixed Bluetooth audio playback working.
      • gts3l-common: Fixed microphone working.
      • gts3l-common: Fixed AudioFX working.
      • gts3l-common: Made hardware touch key, LCD, Touchscreen, S-Pen disabled when the screen turns off.
      • gts3l-common: Fixed DRM working.
      • gts3l-common: Disabled connecting to WPA3 WiFi.
      • gts3lwifi: Fixed Bluetooth working.
      • gts3lwifi: Fixed vibrator working.
    • 2021. 7. 14
      • gts3l-common: Applied the new security patch, July 5, 2021.
      • gts3l-common: Added support for palm rejection for S-Pen.
      • gts3l-common: Added support for the Freeform Window mode of AOSP.
      • gts3l-common: Removed the "Serial console enabled. Performance is impacted..." message.
    • 2021. 7. 4
      • gts3l-common: Changed the default DPI value to 320.
      • gts3l-common: Added new pointer arrow icon for S-Pen.
      • gts3l-common: Moved fingerprint sensor location when the preview screen that is before the actual enrollment a fingerprint.
      • gts3l-common: Enabled automatically brightness by default.
      • gts3l-common: Enabled adjusting haptic feedback intensity menu.
      • gts3llte: Fixed LTE working.
    • 2021. 6. 28
      • gts3l-common: Separated the device tree into 3 parts, common, LTE, and WiFi.
      • gts3l-common: Changed the default DPI value to 360.
      • gts3l-common: Fixed fingerprint sensor working.
      • gts3l-common: No more adsprpcd errors on the logcat.
      • gts3llte: Added missing RIL-related binaries, init scripts and could check the RIL initialized properly. But an error still repeated on the logcat so I think it won't work yet.
      • gts3lwifi: Added support for Galaxy Tab S3 WiFi variants.
    • 2021. 6. 17
      • Initial release
    Hello all.

Great news here. The next release will include the fully-working quad-speakers. :D
    And I also have implemented the audio rotation codes for the screen rotation.

Actually, I already have used it for about 3 days, and I think it looks working flawlessly.
    And, for the alternatives of the Dolby Atmos, I have tested with the Dolby Digital Plus module with Magisk and I can say that it is awesome. :cool:

The new release will be uploaded before this weekend. :)