• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11] FlokoROM v4 [tblte][trlte][trlteduos]

Search This thread

DaCHeF36

Jan 3, 2017
This is the first Snapdragon ROM on my N910V (Verizon model) that HAS NOT brought up the Maintenance Mode upon reboot. I've rebooted probably 50 times and haven't seen it even once!

This ROM seems to work very well on that device, but I have dropped Wifi a few times. No cellular card in this one, so can't verify that feature.

Since I mainly use these devices for watching TV and videos, I'd like to get Dolby working, or even viper, but no luck so far.

UPDATE: After 1 week, the wifi just stopped working. It just won't start, but everything else seems fine. I was able to install Dolby Atmos eventually and it works now, but without Wifi, it's useless to me. I reverted back to an Android 10 ROM and it's functioning just fine now, proving its not the device.
I've had the maintenance boot issue for a long time too. I would love to see that disappear, but not in exchange for working wifi! Thanks for the heads up!

lgpsony

Apr 3, 2020
N 9100 Network traffic monitor does not work. click it and return last window. pls check. ,rom runs smoothly , thanks a lot.

Attachments

• QQ截图20210914140226.jpg
    QQ截图20210914140226.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 16

NPS-2750X

Oct 17, 2021
Hello! This ROM works beautifully on my SM-N9100 (Chinese Version) , bug now I have found that it has two big problems.

1. The second SIM does not work.
My Galaxy Note 4 is the Dual-SIM version. The first SIM slot works normally with China Unicom SIM card, but the second SIM slot does not work (it seems that the second SIM can't be detected by the phone). But I have three SIM cards. This bug means that I have to carry three phones when I go out.

2.WLAN hotspot does not work.
Because the network fee of my most used SIM is too high, the WLAN hotspot is important for me. But in this ROM, I could not even turn it on. The switch icon of hotsopt stays grey however hard I click it, and after 2 seconds, it will show a "no-response" error information. Now I have to share the Internet connection via Bluetooth, but it's very very slow.

Is there any solution that can solve this problems ? Thanks a lot if anyone can help me.

//p.s. My English is so poor. I'm sorry if there are incorrect expressions in this passage.
IMG_20211017_103859_edit_329385824062760.jpg
Screenshot_20211017-104101_设置.png

greenleaves

Dec 15, 2010
Philadelphia
Hello! This ROM works beautifully on my SM-N9100 (Chinese Version) , bug now I have found that it has two big problems.

1. The second SIM does not work.
My Galaxy Note 4 is the Dual-SIM version. The first SIM slot works normally with China Unicom SIM card, but the second SIM slot does not work (it seems that the second SIM can't be detected by the phone). But I have three SIM cards. This bug means that I have to carry three phones when I go out.

2.WLAN hotspot does not work.
Because the network fee of my most used SIM is too high, the WLAN hotspot is important for me. But in this ROM, I could not even turn it on. The switch icon of hotsopt stays grey however hard I click it, and after 2 seconds, it will show a "no-response" error information. Now I have to share the Internet connection via Bluetooth, but it's very very slow.

Is there any solution that can solve this problems ? Thanks a lot if anyone can help me.

//p.s. My English is so poor. I'm sorry if there are incorrect expressions in this passage. View attachment 5435053View attachment 5435055

Just wonder what stock ROM version you have before upgrade. Is it N9100ZCS1DQH1 CHC? What TWRP version did you use? Did you encounter any Error 1 in TWRP when flashing? Thank you.

NPS-2750X

Oct 17, 2021
Just wonder what stock ROM version you have before upgrade. Is it N9100ZCS1DQH1 CHC? What TWRP version did you use? Did you encounter any Error 1 in TWRP when flashing? Thank you.
I forgot the version number, the only thing I can remember is that is was based on Android 5.1. I flashed Lineage 16.0 in just several minutes after I got this phone, so I didn't know a lot about the stock ROM.

And, yes, the Error 1 occured when the flashgin process came to the end. At first I thought it failed, but in fact it booted successfully. My TWRP is the 3.5 version downloaded form the official website.

When the hotspot problem occured, I can't turn on the WLAN as well. But usually it can be solved by rebooting. Sometimes, when I reboot too many times, the first SIM will not work as well. But if I reboot one more time, it may work again. It seems that this problem is not caused by the sysetem, because it exists in every unofficial ROM I flashed on this device. It's so strange!

One more thing, I asked one of my friend about it, and he said that ,up to now, every ROM for TRLTEDUOS based on Android 11 has problems of the second SIM slot, NFC, and VoLTE. I don't know if it's true, because I have not tried other Andriod 11 ROM yet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now I feel a little upset. This device cost me RMB 150 yuan (about 22 dollars), but it's not as good as I expected. I'm on the edge of getting crazy with lots of problems occured on it. As a second-hand device, it looks like a badly-ruined spoil from a battlefield. The AMOLED screen looks extremely terrible. For a poor student like me, it's affordable but saving money is usually difficult for me. My mother,a typical Chinese parent, doesn't give me enough pocket money because she thinks that I would use money without restraint. I will continue to save money, and when I graduate from college (after 4 years) , I will buy a Galaxy Note 10 (SM-N9700) and flash official Lineage OS, if the bootloader unlock is easy for this device. Now I have an old Huawei Mate 10 for daily use.

greenleaves

Dec 15, 2010
Philadelphia
I forgot the version number, the only thing I can remember is that is was based on Android 5.1. I flashed Lineage 16.0 in just several minutes after I got this phone, so I didn't know a lot about the stock ROM.

And, yes, the Error 1 occured when the flashgin process came to the end. At first I thought it failed, but in fact it booted successfully. My TWRP is the 3.5 version downloaded form the official website.

When the hotspot problem occured, I can't turn on the WLAN as well. But usually it can be solved by rebooting. Sometimes, when I reboot too many times, the first SIM will not work as well. But if I reboot one more time, it may work again. It seems that this problem is not caused by the sysetem, because it exists in every unofficial ROM I flashed on this device. It's so strange!

One more thing, I asked one of my friend about it, and he said that ,up to now, every ROM for TRLTEDUOS based on Android 11 has problems of the second SIM slot, NFC, and VoLTE. I don't know if it's true, because I have not tried other Andriod 11 ROM yet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now I feel a little upset. This device cost me RMB 150 yuan (about 22 dollars), but it's not as good as I expected. I'm on the edge of getting crazy with lots of problems occured on it. As a second-hand device, it looks like a badly-ruined spoil from a battlefield. The AMOLED screen looks extremely terrible. For a poor student like me, it's affordable but saving money is usually difficult for me. My mother,a typical Chinese parent, doesn't give me enough pocket money because she thinks that I would use money without restraint. I will continue to save money, and when I graduate from college (after 4 years) , I will buy a Galaxy Note 10 (SM-N9700) and flash official Lineage OS, if the bootloader unlock is easy for this device. Now I have an old Huawei Mate 10 for daily use.
Thanks for update. Even though N9100 was released in 2014, it is still a wonderful phone with removable battery and solid hardware. I'm runnung HAVOC Q Rom for quite awhile and it runs very well without major issues. I'm eyeing a solid R Rom for an upgrade. Thanks to the XDA developers who keep this phone going.

Flominator

Feb 10, 2020

Yea the duos, comes with a messed up RIL interface on android 11, because something went wrong on imorting duos to android 11 (shipes sm-n910F ones for now), The VoLTE never worked on aosp btw. nfc works, but not well and never will be great, even samsung decided on s5 to disable it, because it was so bad and left on, on note 4. others are a buggy power hal.

Flominator

Feb 10, 2020
Yea the duos, comes with a messed up RIL interface on android 11, because something went wrong on imorting duos to android 11 (shipes sm-n910F ones for now), The VoLTE never worked on aosp btw. nfc works, but not well and never will be great, even samsung decided on s5 to disable it, because it was so bad and left on, on note 4. others are a buggy power hal.
btw u shoud run a mm install to get the latest stock firmaware tho, to avoid other bugs.

NPS-2750X

Oct 17, 2021
Thanks for update. Even though N9100 was released in 2014, it is still a wonderful phone with removable battery and solid hardware. I'm runnung HAVOC Q Rom for quite awhile and it runs very well without major issues. I'm eyeing a solid R Rom for an upgrade. Thanks to the XDA developers who keep this phone going.
Thank you, and thank the developers as well. At least, these problems will not cause my device to crash, lose data, or reboot again and again. Most of the time, this Floko is still pretty good on this device.

Yes, I think it's not that bad in fact, maybe this device was ruined by its former user. I bought this device on "闲鱼" (an online shopping website in China for second-hand things). And, I have also bought a new battery for it. The camera and S-Pen are also excellent.But unfortunately, it's a 32-bit device, which means that a lot of apps can't be installed on it (That's the main reason why I want to save money and buy a new Galaxy Note 10) And, it's said that the life of 32-bit Linux-based systems would end up stop in 2038. Well, the lifetime of electronic devives is usually short, so I don't think it can live for another 17 years, but I still feel a bit sorry for it.

In some way, I think flashing unofficial ROMs like this Floko is one of the most useful things we can do to keep these old devices going. Unofficial ROMs for old devices ususlly works better than their stock ROMs. Before this Floko, I have flashed Lineage 16 and 17,which were developed by Chinese developers. They are a bit more suitable for a Chinese user like me, but the bugs is much more than this Floko. After suffering from those bugs, I could in fact "get used to" several small bugs. I also want to use HavocOS, but, maybe I have a strange habit-----If there's a higher Android version available without serious bugs, I'd rather use the higher one than the older one, even though the higher one is not perfect.

Attach some screenshots of Floko ROM on SM-N9100.
Screenshot_20211020-095938_设置.png

NPS-2750X

Oct 17, 2021
btw u shoud run a mm install to get the latest stock firmaware tho, to avoid other bugs.
Thank you for the ROM deveolping and debugging.

So......it can be better if I get the latest stock ROM? I have the "Odin 3" on my computer but I have not tried to update the stock ROM yet. Now I have installed many apps and stored some important data, so I couldn't try now.

I looked for some information on the Internet, and it seems that the latest stock firmware for SM-N9100 (Chinese version) is released on May 28,2017, but there are different versions : N9100ZCU1DPI2, N9100ZCS1DPJ1, N9100ZCS1DPK1, N9100ZCS1DQB2, and so on. I don't know if the information is reliable, but these versions are based on Android 6.

cuiyuguo9

Oct 18, 2021
您好,我的设备是三星SM-N9100国行版,双卡,刷机后,日期和时间的设置中,选中“使用网络提供的时间”,不能同步网络时间。
微信截图_20211020153222.png

NPS-2750X

Oct 17, 2021
您好,我的设备是三星SM-N9100国行版,双卡,刷机后,日期和时间的设置中,选中“使用网络提供的时间”,不能同步网络时间。
这种情况我也遇到过,很多这类系统都是不能主动同步时间的,我也不知道是什么原因。建议先手动把时间调整准确后,再打开网络对时。

>Translation<
I have met this problem before. Many unofficial ROMs like this one can't adjust time from the Internet by itself, and, of course, I don't know why. So I think you can adjust the time manually, and then turn on the network timing.

cuiyuguo9

Oct 18, 2021
这些情况我也遇到过,很多这样的系统都不能主动同步时间的,我也不知道是什么原因。

>翻译<
我以前遇到过这个问题。很多像这样的非官方ROM不能自己从互联网上调整时间,当然,我不知道为什么。所以我觉得你可以手动调整一下时间,然后开启网络计时。
谢谢

Translated by GT: thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    flokowall_v4_mini.png

Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it!
    YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Features

FlokoROM v4 is based on crDroid 7.x , but there are some differences.

Floko-specific features:

• OmniSwitch included
    • Trebuchet as a default Home Launcher
    • Bromite as a default Web Browser
    • Kawaii Easter Egg in Floko Settings
    • Remove Music Player (install what you like)
    • Remove Navbar design customization
    • Remove non-free LongScreenshot
    • Remove non-free FaceUnlock feature
    • Remove non-free font packages

crDroid and LineageOS features:
    • Battery bar
    • Lockscreen customization
    • Navigation bar customization
    • Network traffic monitor
    • QS columns
    • QS/Notifications opacity
    • Screenshot quality
    • Statusbar Quick/Smart pulldown
    • Style(Theming)
    • Switch 4G/LTE icon
    • Volume panel customization
    • VoLTE icon customization (if available on your device)

Known Issues

• When the phone is powered off from Lineage and the battery is not removed, the battery charge will fall at an approximate rate of 2% per hour of time that the phone is powered off without the battery having been removed since it was powered off. This does not occcur when powering off from TWRP, having first powered up to TWRP or rebooted to TWRP from Lineage. It also does not occur if the battery is removed from the phone before being put back in, either after powering off from Lineage or being pulled out while Lineage is running. This bug has affected the apq8084 chipset since Oreo (as described by the S5 Plus community, which uses the same chipset). However, the S5 Plus had received official lineage-15.1 and 16.0 support despite being affected by this bug. Furthermore, we have deduced that it must be caused by one or more of the 652 commits that separate the Nougat and Oreo kernel branches. We will never have the time to go through each and every one of these commits to fix this bug outright, but we are always open to suggestions.
    • If NFC is turned off when the phone is booted up, the NFC toggle will freeze in the "off" position and remain off until the phone is rebooted. If NFC is turned on when the phone is booted up, the NFC toggle will function properly to turn NFC both on and off. However, if NFC is turned off and the phone is rebooted, this bug will reappear.
    • The 2nd SIM slot does not work in any trlteduos variant.
    • VoLTE is not supported, and will not be supported for the foreseeable future.
    • If you encountered other issues, please tell me

How to Install

1. MAKE A BACKUP OF ALL YOUR DATA.
    2. (First time) Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik
    3. Flash ROM, GApps, Magisk(optional), ...
    4. Reboot to System
    5. Enjoy.

Thanks

love. respect. and love.

• crDroid
    • LineageOS
    • OmniROM

Team

Credits

• ripee
    • Inkypen
    • IogosA
    • ghostwheel
    • ananjaser1211
    • khalvat
    • triplLr
    • lindwurm
    • Flominator

Downloads

• FlokoROM Initial Release:
      - SM-N910F/G/P/R4/T/T3/V/W8: trlte
      - SM-N9100ZC/ZH/6W/9W: trlteduos (experimental)
      - SM-N915F/G/P/R4/T/W8: tblte

• FlokoROM September release:
      - SM-N910F/G/P/R4/T/T3/V/W8: trlte
      - SM-N9100ZC/ZH/6W/9W: trlteduos (experimental)
      - SM-N915F/G/P/R4/T/W8: tblte

• Changelog:

- fixed lag on bromite in certain videos
      - fixed cpu performence settings
      - selinux is enforced
      - updated security patches

Reporting Bugs

• DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Source Codes

XDA: DevDB Information
    FlokoROM v4, ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    Flominator, ripee, Inkypen, logosA, ghostwheel, ananjaser1211, khalvat, tripLr
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Marshmallow for your variant.

Version Information
    Beta
    Current Stable Version: 11
    Stable Release Date: 2021-06-04

Created 2021-06-04
    Last Updated 2021-09-13
    FlokoROM + BiTGApps
    • based on Android 11 (Lineage OS 18) (crDroid 7). Feels stable after 2 days' use. Does not crash.
    • SIM works.
    • fingerprint sensor (swipe) works.
    • Bank app works.
    • Have not tried installing Magisk. It is because the Bank app already works and I don't want to mess up.
    crDroid 6.12 + opengapps
    • based on Android 10 (Lineage OS 17). Crash from time to time.
    • Sometimes the SIM card is not detected, and restart / reboot is needed.
    • fingerprint sensor does not work.
    • Bank app does not work. I have tried everything at Magisk.
    • Magisk can be installed (flash zip file).
    Hope you like the above comparison. SM-N9100. TWRP 3.5.2. By the way, the 2nd SIM card slot not tested. GPS tested, but does not work. Google location service (Wifi) works
    ROM RUNS VERY SMOOTH, I THINK THAT HAVE A BIT BETTER THAN CRDRID ROM 7.6, WELCOM TO DISCUSS TI IN HERE.
    This ROM looks great, thank you for making it. Been on crDroid 6.12 for quite a while and been very happy with it but need to update.

Does this ROM have signature spoofing built in? I want to run microG. Root with magisk no problem? Will wait for confirmation before I install.

BTW super cool to include OmniSwitch, by far my fave recents/switcher.
    hello, In ternms of signature spoofing its the same as lineage 18.1. I personaly at testing had no problems with root espacialy magisk and micro G. Issues with read write in root I cant confirm.