• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11][GO] Lineage OS 18.1

Search This thread

acroreiser

Dec 5, 2016
github.com
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Whats works:
  • Booting
  • Audio
  • Graphics
  • RIL (calls, sms, mobile data)
  • Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct
  • Bluetooth
  • GPS, GLONASS
  • FM Radio
  • Sensors
  • Camera
  • Face Unlock
  • Video recording
  • Screen cast
  • Offline charging
  • SELinux (enforcing)
  • SafetyNet (with hidden Magisk or without root)

Tell me, if something does not work.

FAQ
  • Q: Does this ROM supports double tap to wake? A: No. And will not in future.
  • Q: Cannot add widgets to home screen. Widgets is not supported? A: Widgets is not supported in builtin launcher. Download any third-party home app (like Nova Launcher) and enjoy!
  • Q: Why split screen mode is not available? How to enable? A: Due to Android Go limitations, all forms of multiwindowing is not available on this edition of Android.
  • Q: When my app "foo" asks permission to access to notifications or to run on top of other apps, I see "This feature is disabled"... A: This is limitations of Android Go to save memory.
  • Q: Cannot use my sdcard as primary storage! A: This feature is unstable and excluded from ROM.
  • Q: Flashed this ROM but phone don't booting! A1: Boot to recovery and wipe /data, then reboot. A2: If your /data is formatted to f2fs, format it to ext4 and boot your phone.
  • Q: What is "Gapps for Android Go"? A: This is Gapps set, extracted as-is from Nokia 1 Plus Android 11 Go firmware and packaged for Lenovo A6000. Nothing removed, just fixed some permissions and added Google Camera Go.

Installation
  1. Flash latest recovery (if needed), based on TWRP >= 3.2
  2. Reboot to recovery
  3. Wipe /cache and /data. If your /data is formatted in f2fs, format it in ext4, otherwise OS will not boot.
  4. Flash the rom
  5. Flash Gapps (Gapps for Android Go or OpenGapps ARM/Android 11/pico or nano)
  6. Flash Magisk (also if needed)
  7. Reboot to ROM

Build 05.09:
  • August security patch level
  • ROM is signed with release-keys
  • Build variant now is user, not userdebug
  • Updates from Lineage OS team
  • Clipboard access notification
  • USB fast charging toggler
  • Some OEM Android Go tweaks (from Nokia, ZTE)
  • New default wallpaper
  • Stricten background limits: 2 apps for 1/8 and 4 for 2/16
  • Recents is limited to 4 apps
  • Reworked WiFi and Tethering configuration overlays
  • Added overlays for Gboard, MessagesGo
  • Disabled caching in Trebuchet (launcher is fast enough to allow us to save some amount of memory)
  • zRam switched to Zstandart compression algorithm
  • Implemented clean page protection to reduce lags under memory pressure
  • Disabled rounded corners in UI
  • SEPolicy fixes
  • Misc...

NOTE: Strongly not recommended "dirty" updating. If you want to do this anyway, flash migration script before flashing the ROM!

Migration script: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15hB63RkyRpCljho9jyFTHoYWvCl4cDWe/view?usp=drivesdk

Download ROM:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vUHuS18vDowwCSIWl8Dl4xxRHR4EHir0/view?usp=drivesdk

Gapps: Gapps for Android Go(updated!) or OpenGapps (ARM, pico or nano)

Credits to:

Our Telegram discussion group: Lenovo A6000/Plus Community Discussions

Contributors
acroreiser
dev_harsh1998

Source code
Device tree: https://github.com/acroreiser/android_device_lenovo_a6000
Kernel tree: https://github.com/acroreiser/android_kernel_lenovo_a6000
Vendor tree: https://github.com/acroreiser/android_vendor_lenovo_a6000

ROM OS Version: Android 11 Go
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Hex Firmware Patch, TWRP >= 3.2
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Stable

Created 2021-05-12
Last Updated 2021-09-13

Last edited:

K1dney

Feb 10, 2020
Wow, I thought the previous version (17.1) is the last one for this device.
I am really happy I was wrong!
Thank you so much for your work acroreiser and dev_harsh1998. Also thanks to everyone who is credited!

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2016
Delhi
First of all thanks to all the Devs who have kept this device still alive by providing it with those up to date roms...

Well I am using this rom for last 3 days i must say its super smooth apps are opening blazing fast, all major functions are working properly and it can be used as a daily driver for sure...

Now I encounter one bug so far its in Camera Go app the thing is when i change the storage location to SD card and start video recording than it suddenly freezes after some seconds by saying "Something went wrong " than i need to restart the app for using it again, by the way when i change the storage location back to internal than video recording is working fine so its really not bothering me that much....

There is one more thing well its not a bug its just my observation with this rom that during charging its heat up more than expected even when its charging at 90% to 100% slot which i never experience with any other roms.

All in all still its worth a shot everything's working fine, thanks to the devs again...

Teo Flo

Jan 4, 2015
Kherson
First of all thanks to all the Devs who have kept this device still alive by providing it with those up to date roms...

Well I am using this rom for last 3 days i must say its super smooth apps are opening blazing fast, all major functions are working properly and it can be used as a daily driver for sure...

Now I encounter one bug so far its in Camera Go app the thing is when i change the storage location to SD card and start video recording than it suddenly freezes after some seconds by saying "Something went wrong " than i need to restart the app for using it again, by the way when i change the storage location back to internal than video recording is working fine so its really not bothering me that much....

There is one more thing well its not a bug its just my observation with this rom that during charging its heat up more than expected even when its charging at 90% to 100% slot which i never experience with any other roms.

All in all still its worth a shot everything's working fine, thanks to the devs again...

Teo Flo

Jan 4, 2015
Kherson
The problem is in the application itself. in the firmware the application is of the old version and there should be no problems with the video. But it is automatically updated to the latest version in the Playmarket and there is a problem. Remove the app update and it will work as expected.

Reactions: [email protected]

santoshwins

Dec 31, 2010
Hey devs,

Thanks for this brand new ROM! I use this phone as a daily driver and wanted your advice on this version or the 17.1 version. Which one is likely to be maintained in the future? I understand that 17.1 is stable but will it still get more updates or security patches or should I go ahead with this 18.1 version, please?

Thank you for your help and also for keeping this phone alive in 2021.

Cheers,
S

Reactions: trigunner101

acroreiser

Dec 5, 2016
github.com
Which one is likely to be maintained in the future?
Currently Lineage OS 18.1 is maintained.

Both 17.1 and 18.1 is based on my Go device tree (forked from @dev_harsh1998 lineage-16.0 tree) but lineage-17.1 branch is not maintained since february 2021.

I don't know is @twain55 can maintain 17.1 builds for a long time (better ask him).

Lineage OS 18.1 is pretty stable for daily usage by user reports and my experience with a6010 (I don't have a6000 and primarily maintaining a6010 with merging stable changes to a6000 tree).

Reactions: santoshwins

acroreiser

Dec 5, 2016
github.com
New build is up!

Changes:

• June security patch level
  • Memory and performance optimizations for 1/8 devices
  • Forward-ported qcom memory optimizations (frameworks/base)
  • Updated Binder driver (kernel)
  • Implemented automatic background apps memory reclaim (kernel)
  • Restored Qualcomm VP8 and HEVC codecs
  • Updated Bluetooth HAL from Nokia 1.3
  • Updated some media blobs
  • Some kernel tweaks from other low ram devices (Redmi Go, Nokia 1.3)
  • Workaround for broken video recording in recent versions of Google Camera Go
  • Recent apps screen is limited to 5 apps to save memory
  • Killed multiuser support - Go devices should not have this. Also this feature is pointless in our ancient phones...

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IqRTbY9CYH9Je3bmqaavjQHnn-763bx5/view?usp=drivesdk

Wreck-king

May 21, 2016
Pune
Needs Undervolting.
Even the standby drain is around 600ma.
Also I've bought a new battery for this, even that cannot survive more than an hour of SOT.
Please optimised the kernel or just undervolt it a bit.
Also only one of the back speaker is working,

ELMoSeKaR

Sep 20, 2018
Hi , Dear
Thank you for your your creativity

For Lenovo A6000 1G Ram & 8Gb Rom

Which version is the best 17.1 or 18.1 ??

Can i flash Twrp 3.2 on kitkat or must to be on Lolipop ??

Cheers ^_^

acroreiser

Dec 5, 2016
github.com
New build us up!

Quick changelog:
  • New default wallpaper
  • Disabled caching in Trebuchet (launcher is fast enough to allow us to save some amount of memory)
  • SEPolicy fixes
  • Misc...
Read notes in OP before installing!

Reactions: asratxda

asratxda

Jun 10, 2012
Mumbai
Installed the latest build. Thank you. Great work 👍. Everything is working very good. Battery life is extremely good. Got 7-8 hours full HD youtube playback on 4g. Go version is working very smoothly ( previously was using android 5.0 stock )
I also have another device 10or.E which has similar SoC SD430. Can you tell me step by step instructions. Kernel source is available. ( I read about building but did not clearly understand various terms like vendor etc... Tried to create initial .mk files for the board but errors at luch command itself )

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Whats works:
    • Booting
    • Audio
    • Graphics
    • RIL (calls, sms, mobile data)
    • Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct
    • Bluetooth
    • GPS, GLONASS
    • FM Radio
    • Sensors
    • Camera
    • Face Unlock
    • Video recording
    • Screen cast
    • Offline charging
    • SELinux (enforcing)
    • SafetyNet (with hidden Magisk or without root)

Tell me, if something does not work.

FAQ
    • Q: Does this ROM supports double tap to wake? A: No. And will not in future.
    • Q: Cannot add widgets to home screen. Widgets is not supported? A: Widgets is not supported in builtin launcher. Download any third-party home app (like Nova Launcher) and enjoy!
    • Q: Why split screen mode is not available? How to enable? A: Due to Android Go limitations, all forms of multiwindowing is not available on this edition of Android.
    • Q: When my app "foo" asks permission to access to notifications or to run on top of other apps, I see "This feature is disabled"... A: This is limitations of Android Go to save memory.
    • Q: Cannot use my sdcard as primary storage! A: This feature is unstable and excluded from ROM.
    • Q: Flashed this ROM but phone don't booting! A1: Boot to recovery and wipe /data, then reboot. A2: If your /data is formatted to f2fs, format it to ext4 and boot your phone.
    • Q: What is "Gapps for Android Go"? A: This is Gapps set, extracted as-is from Nokia 1 Plus Android 11 Go firmware and packaged for Lenovo A6000. Nothing removed, just fixed some permissions and added Google Camera Go.

Installation
    1. Flash latest recovery (if needed), based on TWRP >= 3.2
    2. Reboot to recovery
    3. Wipe /cache and /data. If your /data is formatted in f2fs, format it in ext4, otherwise OS will not boot.
    4. Flash the rom
    5. Flash Gapps (Gapps for Android Go or OpenGapps ARM/Android 11/pico or nano)
    6. Flash Magisk (also if needed)
    7. Reboot to ROM

Build 05.09:
    • New default wallpaper
    • SEPolicy fixes
    • Misc...

NOTE: Strongly not recommended "dirty" updating. If you want to do this anyway, flash migration script before flashing the ROM!

Migration script: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15hB63RkyRpCljho9jyFTHoYWvCl4cDWe/view?usp=drivesdk

Download ROM:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vUHuS18vDowwCSIWl8Dl4xxRHR4EHir0/view?usp=drivesdk

Gapps: Gapps for Android Go(updated!) or OpenGapps (ARM, pico or nano)

Credits to:

Our Telegram discussion group: Lenovo A6000/Plus Community Discussions

Contributors
    acroreiser
    dev_harsh1998

Source code
    Device tree: https://github.com/acroreiser/android_device_lenovo_a6000
    Kernel tree: https://github.com/acroreiser/android_kernel_lenovo_a6000
    Vendor tree: https://github.com/acroreiser/android_vendor_lenovo_a6000

ROM OS Version: Android 11 Go
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Hex Firmware Patch, TWRP >= 3.2
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2021-05-12
    Last Updated 2021-09-13
    New build is up!

Changes:

• June security patch level
    • Memory and performance optimizations for 1/8 devices
    • Forward-ported qcom memory optimizations (frameworks/base)
    • Updated Binder driver (kernel)
    • Implemented automatic background apps memory reclaim (kernel)
    • Restored Qualcomm VP8 and HEVC codecs
    • Updated Bluetooth HAL from Nokia 1.3
    • Updated some media blobs
    • Some kernel tweaks from other low ram devices (Redmi Go, Nokia 1.3)
    • Workaround for broken video recording in recent versions of Google Camera Go
    • Recent apps screen is limited to 5 apps to save memory
    • Killed multiuser support - Go devices should not have this. Also this feature is pointless in our ancient phones...

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IqRTbY9CYH9Je3bmqaavjQHnn-763bx5/view?usp=drivesdk
    The problem is in the application itself. in the firmware the application is of the old version and there should be no problems with the video. But it is automatically updated to the latest version in the Playmarket and there is a problem. Remove the app update and it will work as expected.
    Hey devs,

Thanks for this brand new ROM! I use this phone as a daily driver and wanted your advice on this version or the 17.1 version. Which one is likely to be maintained in the future? I understand that 17.1 is stable but will it still get more updates or security patches or should I go ahead with this 18.1 version, please?

Thank you for your help and also for keeping this phone alive in 2021.

Cheers,
    S
    Which one is likely to be maintained in the future?
    Currently Lineage OS 18.1 is maintained.

Both 17.1 and 18.1 is based on my Go device tree (forked from @dev_harsh1998 lineage-16.0 tree) but lineage-17.1 branch is not maintained since february 2021.

I don't know is @twain55 can maintain 17.1 builds for a long time (better ask him).

Lineage OS 18.1 is pretty stable for daily usage by user reports and my experience with a6010 (I don't have a6000 and primarily maintaining a6010 with merging stable changes to a6000 tree).