[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11][lavender] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

ElXreno

Apr 7, 2019
los.jpg

Code:
/*
* I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
* Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
* Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
* Same statement for XDA.
*/

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working:
  • Everything (if it's not true - tell me)

Features:
  • 4.4 EAS kernel with generater energy model
  • QS panel 3x3, 3x2 when there is not enough space on the screen (TODO: Make a magisk module to change the QS panel)
  • Fixed traffic indicator location
  • Removed black QS status bar background
  • Oldcam blobs

Instructions:
  • Reboot to Recovery (Prefer OrangeFox)
  • Format data, wipe cache, dalvik
  • Flash fresh firmware (optionally)
  • Reboot to recovery again
  • Flash the LineageOS build and any other addons you want (for example, Magisk)
  • Reboot to the system

Downloads:
  • ROM: here
  • Firmware: here. All firmwares for lavender are supported (Prefer latest Global Stable)
  • NanoDroid with MicroG: here. MicroG will work without the need to patch the system, signature spoofing already exists, but only for MicroG! Flash via Magisk recommended.
  • NikGApps: here

XDADevDB Information
LineageOS, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7

Contributors: ElXreno
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
Device Source: https://github.com/ElXreno/android_device_xiaomi_lavender
Kernel Source: https://github.com/ElXreno/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm660

ROM OS Version: Android 11
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Telegram links: Support chat && Channel

Created 2021-02-01
Last Updated 2021-02-14

Last edited:

ElXreno

Apr 7, 2019
LineageOS 18.1 MicroG

Release date:
31/01/'21

Changelog:
  • Initial build
  • Traffic indicator moved to the right side
  • Something else
Notes:
  • MicroG not included (but signature spoofing available, only for MicroG!). Use NanoDroid package if you want.
  • 4.4 EAS with another energy model
  • Oldcam blobs
  • IORap enabled
  • QS 3x3

Download: SourceForge | MEGA

WOLFLIFEX

Jun 7, 2018
The rom goes very fast:D, the only thing that is really annoying is that when making or receiving calls the call interface does not appear, is there any way to solve this problem?:unsure:

WOLFLIFEX

Jun 7, 2018
The rom goes very fast:D, the only thing that is really annoying is that when making or receiving calls the call interface does not appear, is there any way to solve this problem?:unsure:
* I am not responsible for what may happen to your device, it is simply a solution that worked for me *

I found a solution for this problem the problem was in the NikGApps the shortest solution is:
Flash the rom first then reboot
Boot up, set the device normally and turn it off
Start recovey and flash NikGApps ( preferably the latest Canary version:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/nikgapps/files/Canary-Releases/NikGapps-R/03-Feb-2021/ )
Reboot.

ElXreno

Apr 7, 2019
LineageOS 18.1 MicroG

Release date:
14/02/'21

Changelog:
  • IORap selinux denials fixed
  • AOSP Surfaceflinger used
  • Fluence recording enabled
  • Other changes
Notes:
  • MicroG not included (but signature spoofing available, only for MicroG!). Use NanoDroid package if you want.
  • Oldcam blobs
  • IORap enabled
  • QS panel 3x3, 3x2 when there is not enough space on the screen

Download: MEGA | IPFS

Babloo1989

Sep 2, 2014
Hyderabad
I'm currently using official 17.1 lineage OS can i dirty flash this ROM to change to 18.1 Lineage OS and is it stable for daily driver? Thanks in Advance

ElXreno

Apr 7, 2019
I'm currently using official 17.1 lineage OS can i dirty flash this ROM to change to 18.1 Lineage OS and is it stable for daily driver? Thanks in Advance
I recommend you to make a clean install, but you can try dirty. As for stability: almost everything is stable, but I would not recommend it if stability is critical.

Sithhy™

What's working:
So, everyone writes that even if the ROM has easily discoverable bugs, BUT, how stable is this ROM? I'm trying to find a good one for a daily driver that won't let me down in an emergency but so far it seems that all the ones I've seen are either a beta or have obvious bugs even though they're called "official" :( The only one I would potentially end up on is MIUI.

evil-google

Jul 3, 2019
Hi, I was using LOS 17.1 for MicroG without any issues but recently upgraded to LOS18.1 for MicroG (downloaded from lineage.microg.org and verified the download). Everything works well except for the camera. Out of the box camera app freezes frequently and then I tried Open Camera and a another camera app. Open Camera is a bit stable but still freezes regularly. Problem is worse when the camera app is being called by other apps.

I note that this has been reported in LOS forum but wondering whether there is a quick work around for this problem.

Many thanks.

Walden0

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 24, 2018
Jabalpur
Hi, I was using LOS 17.1 for MicroG without any issues but recently upgraded to LOS18.1 for MicroG (downloaded from lineage.microg.org and verified the download). Everything works well except for the camera. Out of the box camera app freezes frequently and then I tried Open Camera and a another camera app. Open Camera is a bit stable but still freezes regularly. Problem is worse when the camera app is being called by other apps.

I note that this has been reported in LOS forum but wondering whether there is a quick work around for this problem.

Many thanks.
Hi, actually this is the wrong thread to post it.
But your solution is to replace new cam blobs with oldcam blobs and flash a kernel that is made for oldcam blobs.
I am attaching the oldcam blobs file for los that can be flashed through recovery. But note that you must change the kernel afterwards that supports oldcam. Otherwise camera will not work at all.

Attachments

• oldcamforlos.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 18

evil-google

Jul 3, 2019
But your solution is to replace new cam blobs with oldcam blobs and flash a kernel that is made for oldcam blobs.
I am attaching the oldcam blobs file for los that can be flashed through recovery. But note that you must change the kernel afterwards that supports oldcam. Otherwise camera will not work at all.
Thanks very much for the response. From what you are saying, I feel it may be easier to just downgrade to LOS17.1 which I was using before? I guess the other option I have is to wait for the next update to see whether the issue will be fixed in that release.

Thanks for your suggestion and clarification.

Walden0

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 24, 2018
Jabalpur
Thanks very much for the response. From what you are saying, I feel it may be easier to just downgrade to LOS17.1 which I was using before? I guess the other option I have is to wait for the next update to see whether the issue will be fixed in that release.

Thanks for your suggestion and clarification.
i am also using los Q because i find it the most stable one. I m using loscam patch in Q as well for better video quality although.
And the camera issue wont get fixed until and unless someone takes over the development of los. currently it has no maintainer and tge builds we get are automated with los source side changes, not device side changes.

evil-google

Jul 3, 2019

@Walden0, I thought I might give your suggestion a try before downgrading to 17.1 version. Can you please clarify the following?

1. To add the old camera blob, I could install this zip via Yellowfox Recovery?

2. How can I find out which kernel will support this oldcam blob?

Many thanks.

Walden0

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 24, 2018
Jabalpur
I have never heard of yellowfox recovery but if its based on twrp then most likely it should be able to flash the zip. (maybe you mean orangefox, if yes then you can flash)
The kernel should have "oldcam" or "old" in its name.

evil-google

Jul 3, 2019
I have never heard of yellowfox recovery
Just being color blind!!...of course, it is Orange Fox Recovery!!

Interestingly, after I did my post, I just opened Settings->Apps->Camera and pressed 'force stop'. Then I started Open Camera which is what I normally use and so far it appears to be behaving OK. I tried a few still shots and one or two short videos - no freezing as yet but it is too early to know. I will keep testing over the next couple of days and see how it goes.

Thanks for your prompt response.

Reactions: Walden0

evil-google

Jul 3, 2019
Just to report that the work around by disabling the Camera app so far have fixed the problem.

Any one who has the same problem may want to try out the following steps;

1. Go to Settings->Apps->Camera->Force Stop
2. Then use an installed app such as Open Camera

Note this is not a permanent solution but a work around and this has to be done each time the phone is rebooted.

EDIT: updated to 6 Dec 21 version and the camera behaves even worse than with the initial install! The above fix does not work anymore although it worked most of the time with the November update.

Last edited:
Reactions: Walden0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    * I am not responsible for what may happen to your device, it is simply a solution that worked for me *

I found a solution for this problem the problem was in the NikGApps the shortest solution is:
    Flash the rom first then reboot
    Boot up, set the device normally and turn it off
    Start recovey and flash NikGApps ( preferably the latest Canary version:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/nikgapps/files/Canary-Releases/NikGapps-R/03-Feb-2021/ )
    Reboot.
    LineageOS 18.1 MicroG

Release date:
    14/02/'21

Changelog:
    • IORap selinux denials fixed
    • AOSP Surfaceflinger used
    • Fluence recording enabled
    • Other changes
    Notes:
    • Oldcam blobs
    • IORap enabled
    • QS panel 3x3, 3x2 when there is not enough space on the screen

Download: MEGA | IPFS
    los.jpg

Code:
    /*
    * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
    * Same statement for XDA.
    */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working:

Features:
    • 4.4 EAS kernel with generater energy model
    • QS panel 3x3, 3x2 when there is not enough space on the screen (TODO: Make a magisk module to change the QS panel)
    • Fixed traffic indicator location
    • Oldcam blobs

Instructions:
    • Reboot to Recovery (Prefer OrangeFox)
    • Format data, wipe cache, dalvik
    • Flash fresh firmware (optionally)
    • Reboot to recovery again
    • Flash the LineageOS build and any other addons you want (for example, Magisk)
    • Reboot to the system

Downloads:
    • ROM: here
    • Firmware: here. All firmwares for lavender are supported (Prefer latest Global Stable)
    • NanoDroid with MicroG: here. MicroG will work without the need to patch the system, signature spoofing already exists, but only for MicroG! Flash via Magisk recommended.
    • NikGApps: here

XDADevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7

Contributors: ElXreno
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Device Source: https://github.com/ElXreno/android_device_xiaomi_lavender
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/ElXreno/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm660

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Telegram links: Support chat && Channel

Created 2021-02-01
    Last Updated 2021-02-14
    LineageOS 18.1 MicroG

Release date:
    31/01/'21

Changelog:
    • Initial build
    • Traffic indicator moved to the right side
    • Something else
    Notes:
    • Oldcam blobs
    • IORap enabled
    • QS 3x3

Download: SourceForge | MEGA
    I have never heard of yellowfox recovery
    Just being color blind!!...of course, it is Orange Fox Recovery!!

Interestingly, after I did my post, I just opened Settings->Apps->Camera and pressed 'force stop'. Then I started Open Camera which is what I normally use and so far it appears to be behaving OK. I tried a few still shots and one or two short videos - no freezing as yet but it is too early to know. I will keep testing over the next couple of days and see how it goes.

Thanks for your prompt response.