[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Fire TV Stick Lite/3rd gen (sheldon/p)

Search This thread

dotnano

May 8, 2017
Hey everyone,
if I buy an unopened device today, do I have a chance that it has an old firmware installed?

Cheers, nano!

hkfuertes

Sep 27, 2011
Hello! quick question... do you know if its posible to start a hotspot with this rom? Im building an app wich uses LocalOnlyHotSpot to use it with this device, but it gives me error, and I dont know if its my app or if the device does not have AP capabilities? If not, can them be added?

dotnano

May 8, 2017
Is there a way to find out the firmware version without logging in into the device and connecting to WiFi?
Otherwise it wants to update immediatly... :(

Skel40

Dec 27, 2019
Moto G 5G
Hello! quick question... do you know if its posible to start a hotspot with this rom? Im building an app wich uses LocalOnlyHotSpot to use it with this device, but it gives me error, and I dont know if its my app or if the device does not have AP capabilities? If not, can them be added?
It actually is possible to run a hotspot with this device under the app, VPN Hotspot via search on Playstore or apkpure using root permissions. You'll be limited with the 2.4/5 ghz bands for connectivity and the speeds arent going to be as fast due to the limited ram and older hardware.

Reactions: BTK19

dotnano

May 8, 2017
Reactions: Skel40

dotnano

May 8, 2017
There isn't unfortunately. The last version for the unlock to work was on 7.2.7.3. Anything higher than that won't be able to let the exploit to go through.
Ok, so that's probably why I had the error yesterday :/

Is there at least any possibility to debloat the stock ROM and deactivate Alexa permanently?

Skel40

Dec 27, 2019
Moto G 5G
Ok, so that's probably why I had the error yesterday :/

Is there at least any possibility to debloat the stock ROM and deactivate Alexa permanently?
There might be a list to disabled which are listed below. Try making a connection via adb and type in adb shell, pm disable-user (package name)
com.amazon.device.software.ota
com.amazon.tv.forcedotaupdater.v2
com.amazon.device.software.ota.override
com.amazon.tahoe
com.amazon.cloud9
com.amazon.hedwig
com.amazon.ags.app
com.amazon.bueller.photos
com.amazon.bueller.music
com.amazon.vizzini (Alexa)

dotnano

May 8, 2017
Thank you very much, I will give it a try :)

The commands worked fine, except for devices.software, there it told me, that it is protected.
Do the apps stay disabled forever or do they get enabled after restarting?

Last edited:

hkfuertes

Sep 27, 2011
It actually is possible to run a hotspot with this device under the app, VPN Hotspot via search on Playstore or apkpure using root permissions. You'll be limited with the 2.4/5 ghz bands for connectivity and the speeds arent going to be as fast due to the limited ram and older hardware.
Wow , what kind of magic is this?!?!?! Thank you very much! it uses p2p to create the hotspot instead of the regular hotspot... Thank you very much!

enricoz

Nov 25, 2023
Hi! I'm trying to install it but there are some errors. I'm using TWRP shell.
I write
Code:
twrp wipe data
twrp wipe system
twrp wipe cache
twrp install ROM.zip

But then I see this:

1701452221868.png

How can I fix it? I also tried with other ZIP (as the FireOS original firmware) but nothing happens

Skel40

Dec 27, 2019
Moto G 5G
Hi! I'm trying to install it but there are some errors. I'm using TWRP shell.
I write
Code:
twrp wipe data
twrp wipe system
twrp wipe cache
twrp install ROM.zip

But then I see this:

View attachment 6039066

How can I fix it? I also tried with other ZIP (as the FireOS original firmware) but nothing happens
You have to adb shell, twrp sideload, adb sideload (your zip) and it'll go through the installation

ChriMo

Oct 13, 2014
Fire Remote Button Remapping:
I installed the MATVT (Mouse for Android TV Toggle) 1.0.6 APK, which by the way I recommend, and it was able to map the Mouse Toggle (Activation/Deactivation) to the blue Alexa button at the top. Also the Prime, Netflix, etc. buttons would have worked.
The App runs as a service.
So by this I assume usage and remapping of other buttons like Prime, Netflic, etc. might be possible with such a service App?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1607247455067-png.5435845

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
    Instructions:
    • Reboot to TWRP
    • Wipe data, system (/system_root) and cache
    • Flash the ROM and the GApps
    • Reboot and enjoy!
    Downloads:
    Reporting Bugs:
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel, you installed Xposed or you installed Magisk
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Known issues:
    • Dolby Digital Plus™ E-AC-3
    • Netflix
    Notes:
    • SELinux is in Permissive mode
    • The ROM supports both sheldon (Fire TV Stick Lite) and sheldonp (Fire TV Stick 3rd gen)
    • Do not ask for ETAs
    How do i...
    • Unlock and install TWRP?
    • Go back to the original/stock ROM?
      • Download the stock update.bin (sheldon | sheldonp) and flash it using TWRP
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Contributors
    R0rt1z2, k4y0z, t0x1cSH, diegocr
    Source Code: https://github.com/mt8695
    Kernel source: https://github.com/mt8695/android_kernel_amazon_mt8695
    🕑 New build is up: 2022-05-05
    • Fixed the advanced audio distribution profile (A2DP)​
    • Fixed the remote disconnecting after rebooting​
    • Fixed the 3rd gen remote app-button(s)​
    • Fixed the microphone (assistant works now)​
    • Fixed Netflix not showing up in the Play Store​
    • Added support for newer remote revisions​
    • Enabled memory optimizations for low-RAM devices​
    • Enabled the XPAD kernel driver (xbox gamepads)​
    • Enabled exFAT/NTFS support in the kernel​
    • Switched to sheldonp blobs​
    NOTE: Netflix still has memory management issues (video playback), I'm still trying to figure out a way to fix this.

NOTE: As for the assistant button, it works but in a bit weird way; do not release the button when you stop talking, keep it pressed even if you have finished (the assistant will notice once you stop talking).
    New build is up: 2022-09-25
    • Fixed the low-volume issue.
    • Switched to SMLK (Simple Low Memory Killer).
    • Added support for UKSM (Ultra Kernel Samepage Merging)
    • Fixed support for NTFS external devices.
    • Fixed (minor) YouTube video flickering(s).
    • Fixed crashes when trying to use (some) streaming TV apps.
    • Disabled some non-ATV features (leftovers).
    Just a reminder to make clear that development for this device is not dead. As soon as I can, I will resume development.​
    I want to make clear once again that development for this device is not dead. My recent absence was due to some weather-related challenges we faced - our home was unfortunately flooded on two occasions. Now that I'm back and things have stabilized, I am refocusing my efforts on LineageOS 20 (since 18.1 is getting deprecated soon). Your patience and understanding during this time are greatly appreciated.​