[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Fire TV Stick Lite/3rd gen (sheldon/p)

Search This thread

rocklite

Apr 21, 2022
the fututre
So far everything is running perfectly on my end except the volume levels are very low and i there seems to be zero options for wallpapers. I chose not to install gapps. Hoping to avoid that.

Reactions: BTK19
So far everything is running perfectly on my end except the volume levels are very low and i there seems to be zero options for wallpapers. I chose not to install gapps. Hoping to avoid that.
Try using adb or something to increase volume? I used the Android TV remote service to increase volume but obviously not applicable to you 😅

rocklite

Apr 21, 2022
the fututre
Try using adb or something to increase volume? I used the Android TV remote service to increase volume but obviously not applicable to you 😅
Bluetooth Mini Keyboard had volume buttons. Lucky day. I suppose you can always replace the default launcher as well... I set the wallpaper image via image brower but the launcher wallpaper appears to be seperate. ADB volume commands were def above my pay grade.

Last edited:
Bluetooth Mini Keyboard had volume buttons. Lucky day. I suppose you can always replace the default launcher as well... I set the wallpaper image via image brower but the launcher wallpaper appears to be seperate. ADB commands were def above my pay grade.
For wallpaper try this, it's the og leanback tv launcher but with extra useful customisations like setting wallpaper

D

Deleted member 10189637

For wallpaper try this, it's the og leanback tv launcher but with extra useful customisations like setting wallpaper
@Rortiz2 Would it be possible to replace the default launcher with this one? Please consider it for the next build...

• Sad
Reactions: Rortiz2

SweenWolf

Mar 18, 2016
Paradise
@Rortiz2 Would it be possible to replace the default launcher with this one? Please consider it for the next build...

D

Deleted member 10189637

Last edited by a moderator:

Lex_Michdeandroid

Dec 3, 2011
Maybe a dumb question, but how do you guys get the files into the stick to do the upgrade? I only have one USB option in my OTG thing and that's already occupied with the USB keyboard/touchpad thing. My brain isn't feeling creative today.

-edit- I used a USB hub. Covid brain fog still hitting hard...

Last edited:

Lex_Michdeandroid

Dec 3, 2011
Firefox isn't available in the Play store? I think it is time to say goodbye to Google... Does it work through something like a different app store?

-edit- I'm slowly starting to think this whole Android TV stuff isn't for me. What a drag to get a decent browser to work on it. Better to try to find an RPi or something... Chip shortage getting in the way. Might be quicker to rip apart an old laptop and stick that to the back of the tv. Is this really 2022?

Last edited:
Firefox isn't available in the Play store? I think it is time to say goodbye to Google... Does it work through something like a different app store?

-edit- I'm slowly starting to think this whole Android TV stuff isn't for me. What a drag to get a decent browser to work on it. Better to try to find an RPi or something... Chip shortage getting in the way. Might be quicker to rip apart an old laptop and stick that to the back of the tv. Is this really 2022?
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/mozilla/firefox-android-tv/firefox-android-tv-4-7-1-release/ if you want TV version of Firefox(but it's old and unsupported)

Or recommend tvbro from the play store for best browser on Android tv imho

Lex_Michdeandroid

Dec 3, 2011
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/mozilla/firefox-android-tv/firefox-android-tv-4-7-1-release/ if you want TV version of Firefox(but it's old and unsupported)

Or recommend tvbro from the play store for best browser on Android tv imho
Just tried both. Ad blocking isn't doing what I'm used to.

I think I'm selling this Firestick thing again, it feels like I'm being transported back to the slow and sluggish days of Nexus S Android KitKat. Waste of time and money.

-edit- I can't seem to find a way to turn it off safely. Isn't that necessary? Can it be unplugged just like that?

Last edited:

KainanMaki

Jul 19, 2013
Montevideo
My device isn't displayed, Safetynet passed. Is there anything to do after installing the chromecast builtin app?

From Lineage changelog #26:

"Wi-Fi display is available for all devices which choose to opt-in, via either the Qualcomm proprietary interface or the newly restored legacy Miracast interface"

Is this already implemented in the current version or planned?

Well, besides being listed, it doesn't work. Keeps connecting and fails.

I double checked that casting works on Burcbuluklu rom (Fire OS/Mantis).

That rom includes many Tsynik modules and stuff, so the challenge is to understand why it works.

There's no cast service like we do after installing chromecast from google play store, so I'm wondering what's making it work over Fire OS.

Should I discover something new, I'll post it over here.

Reactions: Tech0308

Rortiz2

Mar 1, 2018
Barcelona
Well, besides being listed, it doesn't work. Keeps connecting and fails.

I double checked that casting works on Burcbuluklu rom (Fire OS/Mantis).

That rom includes many Tsynik modules and stuff, so the challenge is to understand why it works.

There's no cast service like we do after installing chromecast from google play store, so I'm wondering what's making it work over Fire OS.

Should I discover something new, I'll post it over here.
Can you grab logs of cast?

Srikanth008

May 16, 2022
Hi i bought amazon firestick from person from local store who posted online ad after few days it stopped working.i have contacted amazon cx they said they blocked as it is reported as stolen.now it stuck at not able to update error message.is there anyway that i can still use this stick?if yes please help me

dony71

Dec 1, 2010
anybody needs to enable virtual mouse on fire tv remote, can install this apk

Attachments

• matvt-test-adb-prerelease-v1.0.6.apk
    2.9 MB · Views: 8

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    🕑 New build is up: 2022-05-05
    • Fixed the advanced audio distribution profile (A2DP)​
    • Fixed the remote disconnecting after rebooting​
    • Fixed the 3rd gen remote app-button(s)​
    • Fixed the microphone (assistant works now)​
    • Fixed Netflix not showing up in the Play Store​
    • Added support for newer remote revisions​
    • Enabled memory optimizations for low-RAM devices​
    • Enabled the XPAD kernel driver (xbox gamepads)​
    • Enabled exFAT/NTFS support in the kernel​
    • Switched to sheldonp blobs​
    NOTE: Netflix still has memory management issues (video playback), I'm still trying to figure out a way to fix this.

NOTE: As for the assistant button, it works but in a bit weird way; do not release the button when you stop talking, keep it pressed even if you have finished (the assistant will notice once you stop talking).
    Have you managed to make Google Assistant working? (And also, bluetooth audio and seemless remote connection)? Dying to try it out
    Yes, that's all working. I'm still having problems with Netflix though...
    @Rortiz2: shure you can, but I'm not able to test until next Monday....
    ...Regards
    Oliver
    Don't worry then, I already sent the build to DeciBelioS.

EDIT: exFAT seems to be working, will probably release the new build tomorrow.
    NOTE: Netflix still has memory management issues (video playback), I'm still trying to figure out a way to fix this.

NOTE: As for the assistant button, it works but in a bit weird way; do not release the button when you stop talking, keep it pressed even if you have finished (the assistant will notice once you stop talking).
    Nice work, RAM management has improved a lot in this build, now kodi does not force close on acestream videos, in fact it manages it even better than stock amazon roms :)

Keep up the good work ;)
    I have same hardware. Thanks for the feedback on the remote. You know there are volume+/- buttons on the remote? Works perfect on my sheldonp remote. Volume bar and mute work too. Also for A2DP.
    oh my god! i'm stupid.... thank you. i reinstall last release and the only bug is with the remote
    1607247455067-png.5435845

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
    Instructions:
    • Reboot to recovery mode
    • Wipe data, system (/system_root) and cache
    • Flash the ROM and the Gapps
    • Reboot and enjoy!
    Downloads:
    Reporting Bugs:
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Known issues:
    • Netflix crashes after a movie is played, a reboot is needed to play another (memory allocation)
    Notes:
    • SELinux is in Permissive mode
    • The ROM supports both sheldon (Fire TV Stick Lite) and sheldonp (Fire TV Stick 3rd gen)
    • Do not ask for ETAs
    How do i...
    • Unlock and install TWRP?
    • Go back to the original/stock ROM?
      • Download the stock update.bin (sheldon | sheldonp) and flash it using TWRP
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Contributors
    R0rt1z2, k4y0z, t0x1cSH, diegocr
    Source Code: https://github.com/mt8695
    Kernel source: https://github.com/mt8695/android_kernel_amazon_mt8695

when will the next compilation be ready approximately?

Thanks for the work you do!
    I don't know. I'm currently on vacation so I'm away from the PC for some days, but I guess it'll be released during the next week.
    Tried already exfat, ntfs, ext3+4...lineage alway says non usable filesystem and wants to format...
    I'll add exFAT/NTFS support to the next build (which yeah, should be released soon).
    Yes, I am already aware of the ongoing OOMs. I actually applied some workarounds (designed for low RAM devices) which will hopefully help and I'm currently trying to get Dolby (kinda hard since it requires framework modifications) to work now (WON'T FIX) (A2DP seems to be working now as well).

As a side note, Netflix will appear by default in the Play Store with the next build (thanks to the new Netflix RRO overlays/permissions/properties).

I'm also trying to debug all the issues related to the sheldonp remote, but keep in mind that it will take some time as I just own the standard sheldon remote.​