[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Fire TV Stick Lite/3rd gen (sheldon/p)

Search This thread

Rortiz2

@Rortiz2 Any chance we SHELDONP users get a self connection remote with volume control in a future build?
I can test for you if you need a tester. Let me know if you are interested.

If any sheldonp users out here reading this please like this post to show interest. Thanks

Cheers
Can any of you run adb shell dumpsys bluetooth_manager before and after (manually) pairing the remote (after a reboot)?

I know I asked for this already, but attach boot logs as well (i.e: let the device boot, pair the remote and stop the logcat).​

Reactions: Sus_i

tweakradje

Can any of you run adb shell dumpsys bluetooth_manager before and after (manually) pairing the remote (after a reboot)?

I know I asked for this already, but attach boot logs as well (i.e: let the device boot, pair the remote and stop the logcat).​
@Rortiz2 Thanks! remote 80:6d:71:49:c4:35
Here are all the logs.
Cheers

Attachments

• sheldon_logs_remote.zip
    181.5 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: ChriMo

ChriMo

Oct 13, 2014
@Rortiz2 Any chance we SHELDONP users get a self connection remote with volume control in a future build?
I posted in the unlock-root-twrp thread but probably my observation belongs here:
On an unlocked sheldonp under Fire OS 7.2.4.2 I did setup the infrared remote for the TV and it went well (Samsung).
Then after flashing Lineage OS 18.1 I had difficulties to connect the remote. I removed the batteries and then BT connecting worked. However the IR settings for the TV done in FireOS seem to be lost, when batteries are removed.
Do you mean this tweakradje or do you mean BT volume control over HDMI CEC? Maybe I forgot or did not follow the thread enough, was the IR setup loosing already reported or mentioned?

tweakradje

I posted in the unlock-root-twrp thread but probably my observation belongs here:
On an unlocked sheldonp under Fire OS 7.2.4.2 I did setup the infrared remote for the TV and it went well (Samsung).
Then after flashing Lineage OS 18.1 I had difficulties to connect the remote. I removed the batteries and then BT connecting worked. However the IR settings for the TV done in FireOS seem to be lost, when batteries are removed.
Do you mean this tweakradje or do you mean BT volume control over HDMI CEC? Maybe I forgot or did not follow the thread enough, was the IR setup loosing already reported or mentioned?
Hi, it is just the remote not connecting at every boot. You need to do that manually (press Home 12 sec)
For ir you need a apk to be installed. Cannot remember which one. See it on my chromecast HD too.

Reactions: ChriMo

ChriMo

Oct 13, 2014
For ir you need a apk to be installed. Cannot remember which one. See it on my chromecast HD too.
Never heard that an APK can setup the IR remote also. Was not able to find very clear information. Do you mean the official Amazon Fire TV App ? Since it is intended to replace the remote on a Smartphone and your description seems to hint to an APK on the Fire Stick (with Lineage OS) I would rather think of a third party APK.
For example Remote for Fire TV by Xanong claims "Amazon Fire Stick Device Discovery" which sound similar to what is needed.
I also found this Amazon Help: Set Up Your Fire TV Blaster

Last edited:

disco_y2k

Nov 18, 2007
I have been loving my Firestick Lite with LineageOS! I think I found a bug though. I wanted to find a show. On the home screen I went to Search at the top left and selected search, then allowed permission and did a search. After that every single app is dragging slooooowwwww, Hulu, Pluto, Paramount all stopped loading video and Dish Anywhere still kinda works just slow. Is this a known bug? Is there a fix or do I have to start over and reload LineageOS and apps, etc?

Attachments

• IMG_20221215_233311__01.jpg
    IMG_20221215_233311__01.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 76

smogglet

Jul 14, 2012
Uk
1607247455067-png.5435845

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
Instructions:
  • Reboot to TWRP
  • Wipe data, system (/system_root) and cache
  • Flash the ROM and the GApps
  • Reboot and enjoy!
Downloads:
Reporting Bugs:
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel, you installed Xposed or you installed Magisk
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
Known issues:
  • Dolby Digital Plus™ E-AC-3
  • Netflix
Notes:
  • SELinux is in Permissive mode
  • The ROM supports both sheldon (Fire TV Stick Lite) and sheldonp (Fire TV Stick 3rd gen)
  • Do not ask for ETAs
How do i...
  • Unlock and install TWRP?
  • Go back to the original/stock ROM?
    • Download the stock update.bin (sheldon | sheldonp) and flash it using TWRP
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Contributors
R0rt1z2, k4y0z, t0x1cSH, diegocr
Source Code: https://github.com/mt8695
Kernel source: https://github.com/mt8695/android_kernel_amazon_mt8695
i need a noob guide pls is there a way to do this whole process without linux?

daniel9522

Dec 6, 2010
Toronto
Hey small request is there any way to add support for camera/webcams for the fire stick lite
it works on fireos with the otg cable just not your rom

Thanks again for all the work for this device

TimmyP

Mar 5, 2008
Me too I would be grateful to find a noob guide (for linux)
All the developers for Fire Stick use Linux, and intentionally create rooting methods using linux so the end user must use linux as well.

These bash scripts would work completely perfect in Windows, and the process would be 10x easier... but these devs are the only ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: BTK19 and Sus_i

Sus_i

Apr 9, 2013
These bash scripts would work completely perfect in Windows, and the process would be 10x easier...
A part of kamakiri needs a patched kernel in order to work (at least kamakiri for the 4k stick), therefore the Dev. released a live system together with kamakiri which got all requirements preinstalled, ofc including the necessary kernel patch. Idk if this is really so easy to manage on a windows system... ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: ChriMo and BTK19

seacamel

Dec 23, 2009
Happy New Year all,
so, I installed both Lineageos and GAPPS an everything seems to work just fine, thank you.
However, because now it seems to have Android TV instead of "plain" Android, many apps I want to install are reported as "Not compatible with your device". Is it possible to install GAPPs for "regular" Android (so not TV) so I can use the apps I want to install? (If you wonder why, well I want to re-use this obsolete Lite stick to run some Android instrumentpanels on a monitor for Flightsim.)
Cheers,
Luc

Reactions: Sus_i

Citronic007

Jan 6, 2023
Hi everyone. So im new in this. I did all the steps and it worked. If someone can help me with my next questions.
1--- I installed some apk files and some don't show up, any way to fix this?
2--- Can i change the theme or launcher and how?
3--- Im using a remote with a dongle, the back button dont work, is that normal? It works on other devices.
Thx 😉

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1607247455067-png.5435845

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
    Instructions:
    • Reboot to TWRP
    • Wipe data, system (/system_root) and cache
    • Flash the ROM and the GApps
    • Reboot and enjoy!
    Downloads:
    Reporting Bugs:
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel, you installed Xposed or you installed Magisk
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Known issues:
    • Dolby Digital Plus™ E-AC-3
    • Netflix
    Notes:
    • SELinux is in Permissive mode
    • The ROM supports both sheldon (Fire TV Stick Lite) and sheldonp (Fire TV Stick 3rd gen)
    • Do not ask for ETAs
    How do i...
    • Unlock and install TWRP?
    • Go back to the original/stock ROM?
      • Download the stock update.bin (sheldon | sheldonp) and flash it using TWRP
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Contributors
    R0rt1z2, k4y0z, t0x1cSH, diegocr
    Source Code: https://github.com/mt8695
    Kernel source: https://github.com/mt8695/android_kernel_amazon_mt8695
    🕑 New build is up: 2022-05-05
    • Fixed the advanced audio distribution profile (A2DP)​
    • Fixed the remote disconnecting after rebooting​
    • Fixed the 3rd gen remote app-button(s)​
    • Fixed the microphone (assistant works now)​
    • Fixed Netflix not showing up in the Play Store​
    • Added support for newer remote revisions​
    • Enabled memory optimizations for low-RAM devices​
    • Enabled the XPAD kernel driver (xbox gamepads)​
    • Enabled exFAT/NTFS support in the kernel​
    • Switched to sheldonp blobs​
    NOTE: Netflix still has memory management issues (video playback), I'm still trying to figure out a way to fix this.

NOTE: As for the assistant button, it works but in a bit weird way; do not release the button when you stop talking, keep it pressed even if you have finished (the assistant will notice once you stop talking).
    New build is up: 2022-09-25
    • Fixed the low-volume issue.
    • Switched to SMLK (Simple Low Memory Killer).
    • Added support for UKSM (Ultra Kernel Samepage Merging)
    • Fixed support for NTFS external devices.
    • Fixed (minor) YouTube video flickering(s).
    • Fixed crashes when trying to use (some) streaming TV apps.
    • Disabled some non-ATV features (leftovers).
    Just a reminder to make clear that development for this device is not dead. As soon as I can, I will resume development.​
    I want to make clear once again that development for this device is not dead. My recent absence was due to some weather-related challenges we faced - our home was unfortunately flooded on two occasions. Now that I'm back and things have stabilized, I am refocusing my efforts on LineageOS 20 (since 18.1 is getting deprecated soon). Your patience and understanding during this time are greatly appreciated.​