[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Fire TV Stick Lite/3rd gen (sheldon/p)

Search This thread

Rortiz2

1607247455067-png.5435845

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
Instructions:
  • Reboot to TWRP
  • Wipe data, system (/system_root) and cache
  • Flash the ROM and the GApps
  • Reboot and enjoy!
Downloads:
Reporting Bugs:
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel, you installed Xposed or you installed Magisk
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
Known issues:
  • Dolby Digital Plus™ E-AC-3
  • Netflix
Notes:
  • SELinux is in Permissive mode
  • The ROM supports both sheldon (Fire TV Stick Lite) and sheldonp (Fire TV Stick 3rd gen)
  • Do not ask for ETAs
How do i...
  • Unlock and install TWRP?
  • Go back to the original/stock ROM?
    • Download the stock update.bin (sheldon | sheldonp) and flash it using TWRP
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Contributors
R0rt1z2, k4y0z, t0x1cSH, diegocr
Source Code: https://github.com/mt8695
Kernel source: https://github.com/mt8695/android_kernel_amazon_mt8695

Last edited:

bloot

Feb 10, 2008
Barcelona
Hello, many thanks for this rom, it's awesome, I thought I'd never get rid of that Amazon garbage :)

In case anybody else gets stuck in the remote pairing, just press the home button for 10+ seconds.

Edit

Anybody knows how to adjust display size?

Last edited:

Rortiz2

Hello, many thanks for this rom, it's awesome, I thought I'd never get rid of that Amazon garbage :)

In case anybody else gets stuck in the remote pairing, just press the home button for 10+ seconds.

Edit

Anybody knows how to adjust display size?
I'm not sure with what do you mean by adjust display size but you can try to change it through ADB with adb shell wm size 1080x1920 (you can change the 1080x1920 part).

bloot

Feb 10, 2008
Barcelona
I'm not sure with what do you mean by adjust display size but you can try to change it through ADB with adb shell wm size 1080x1920 (you can change the 1080x1920 part).
Hello, I mean changing the size of the displayed area, not the resolution itself, in my TV the stock display size is too large and I'm missing part of the content

Rortiz2

Hello, I mean changing the size of the displayed area, not the resolution itself, in my TV the stock display size is too large and I'm missing part of the content

I see, I think there's an option somewhere in the Settings (I can't check right now, sorry), it was called OverScan if I'm not mistaken. If it's not there, I'll include it in the next build.

Reactions: bloot

bloot

Feb 10, 2008
Barcelona
I see, I think there's an option somewhere in the Settings (I can't check right now, sorry), it was called OverScan if I'm not mistaken. If it's not there, I'll include it in the next build.
I've been looking all over the settings but found nothing to adjust it, maybe I missed it though.

bloot

Feb 10, 2008
Barcelona
Disabling overscan is typically a setting that can be configured on your TV.
Usually it's where you can also set aspect ratio for video sources, sometimes it's called "Just Scan"
How dumb I feel, I never found an overscan setting on my TV, it turns out the 16:9 aspect ratio does indeed an overscan, just changed to "screen fit" and it did it. Thanks.

Reactions: Sus_i

yacinecino

Oct 22, 2020
It work like a charm , thank you for your hard work @Rortiz2 :love:

Everything work for me except Netflix ,could you upload your functional apk please ? since it's not on the Playstore and I get signature mismatch when I try to install the original amazon one (netflix.ninja) , I can connect with the Aptoide one but no video playback.

Rortiz2

It work like a charm , thank you for your hard work @Rortiz2 :love:

Everything work for me except Netflix ,could you upload your functional apk please ? since it's not on the Playstore and I get signature mismatch when I try to install the original amazon one (netflix.ninja) , I can connect with the Aptoide one but no video playback.
I'll try to extract the APK later

• Love
Reactions: yacinecino

famus484

Mar 4, 2022
Hi, I was wondering whether there is also a rom in the works for mantis, the fire tv stick 4k. If there is, I'd be happy to help test it on my own firestick.

If there isn't, could I do anything to make the sheldon one work on mantis (I know the general answer is absolutely no, so not holding my breath here)?

Last edited:

Rortiz2

Hi, I was wondering whether there is also a rom in the works for mantis, the fire tv stick 4k. If there is, I'd be happy to help test it on my own firestick.

If there isn't, could I do anything to make the sheldon one work on mantis (I know the general answer is absolutely no, so not holding my breath here)?
Unfortunately there is no way this ROM will work for mantis as sheldon's firmware is completely different. We actually tried to boot the sheldon firmware on mantis, but the kernel didn't boot at all (it failed to initialize some stuff). A friend of mine is willing to do 14.1 for mantis, we'll see if he pulls it off.​

famus484

Mar 4, 2022
Unfortunately there is no way this ROM will work for mantis as sheldon's firmware is completely different. We actually tried to boot the sheldon firmware on mantis, but the kernel didn't boot at all (it failed to initialize some stuff). A friend of mine is willing to do 14.1 for mantis, we'll see if he pulls it off.​
Thank you for the answer! That would be quite nice if your friend succeed. Had part of the work for 14.1 on mantis already been done, making it more viable than 18.1? And do you know if there are ''fundamental'' feature differences between both (a non-objective term obviously).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi! I'm trying to install it but there are some errors. I'm using TWRP shell.
    I write
    Code:
    twrp wipe data
    twrp wipe system
    twrp wipe cache
    twrp install ROM.zip

But then I see this:

View attachment 6039066

How can I fix it? I also tried with other ZIP (as the FireOS original firmware) but nothing happen
    i accomplished it with on recovery:
    adb shell
    twrp sideload
    (it close the adb shell)
    adb sideload path/to/rom.zip
    I am getting the following error when trying to run bootrom-step.sh:

RuntimeError: Error: Serial protocol mismatch. expected 0000 got 2001.

It says "Software Version" on my stick is:

Fire OS 6.7.0.2

If anyone could help that would be great.
    Are you sure you don't have a Fire TV Stick 4K
    1607247455067-png.5435845

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
    Instructions:
    • Reboot to TWRP
    • Wipe data, system (/system_root) and cache
    • Flash the ROM and the GApps
    • Reboot and enjoy!
    Downloads:
    Reporting Bugs:
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel, you installed Xposed or you installed Magisk
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Known issues:
    • Dolby Digital Plus™ E-AC-3
    • Netflix
    Notes:
    • SELinux is in Permissive mode
    • The ROM supports both sheldon (Fire TV Stick Lite) and sheldonp (Fire TV Stick 3rd gen)
    • Do not ask for ETAs
    How do i...
    • Unlock and install TWRP?
    • Go back to the original/stock ROM?
      • Download the stock update.bin (sheldon | sheldonp) and flash it using TWRP
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Contributors
    R0rt1z2, k4y0z, t0x1cSH, diegocr
    Source Code: https://github.com/mt8695
    Kernel source: https://github.com/mt8695/android_kernel_amazon_mt8695
    🕑 New build is up: 2022-05-05
    • Fixed the advanced audio distribution profile (A2DP)​
    • Fixed the remote disconnecting after rebooting​
    • Fixed the 3rd gen remote app-button(s)​
    • Fixed the microphone (assistant works now)​
    • Fixed Netflix not showing up in the Play Store​
    • Added support for newer remote revisions​
    • Enabled memory optimizations for low-RAM devices​
    • Enabled the XPAD kernel driver (xbox gamepads)​
    • Enabled exFAT/NTFS support in the kernel​
    • Switched to sheldonp blobs​
    NOTE: Netflix still has memory management issues (video playback), I'm still trying to figure out a way to fix this.

NOTE: As for the assistant button, it works but in a bit weird way; do not release the button when you stop talking, keep it pressed even if you have finished (the assistant will notice once you stop talking).
    New build is up: 2022-09-25
    • Fixed the low-volume issue.
    • Switched to SMLK (Simple Low Memory Killer).
    • Added support for UKSM (Ultra Kernel Samepage Merging)
    • Fixed support for NTFS external devices.
    • Fixed (minor) YouTube video flickering(s).
    • Fixed crashes when trying to use (some) streaming TV apps.
    • Disabled some non-ATV features (leftovers).
    Just a reminder to make clear that development for this device is not dead. As soon as I can, I will resume development.​
    I want to make clear once again that development for this device is not dead. My recent absence was due to some weather-related challenges we faced - our home was unfortunately flooded on two occasions. Now that I'm back and things have stabilized, I am refocusing my efforts on LineageOS 20 (since 18.1 is getting deprecated soon). Your patience and understanding during this time are greatly appreciated.​