[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11] LineageOS 18.1 for LG V30 (joan)

Search This thread
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

* Your warranty is now void.
(But I mean it's probably already void at this point... bleh.)

* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
* Please do some research if you have any concerns about features
* included in this ROM before flashing!
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications and if
* YOU point the finger at us for messing up your device,
* WE will laugh at you.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Compatibility Notes:
  • You need to be on Pie firmware or this won't work.
  • This should work on H932 (T-Mobile.) I do not have a way to test. Take caution.
  • VoLTE and VoWiFi doesn't work and probably never will.
Downloads:
Device source code:
Kernel source code:
Credits:
- SGCMarkus (device tree and kernel)
- Slowhy (device tree and kernel)
- LineageOS team

Last edited:
Changelog:

Build 20220621:
- Update kernel to 4.4.250
- Fix Vulkan rendering (reverted to stock V30 driver)

Build 20220714:
- July security patch
- OpenGL ES update to 3.2 [email protected]
- Vulkan updated to 1.1.128
- Fingerprint changed back to stock Pie, since using Oreo fingerprint didn't actually pass SafetyNet

Build 20220721:
- SELinux is now enforcing
- Build fingerprint is back to Oreo.
- As a result of the above, SafetyNet is fully passing without Magisk!
- Call recording is enabled where legal (untested, because it is illegal where I live)

New build: 20220722
- Fixed fingerprint registration
- Fixed Wi-Fi signal strength issues (this time, instead of taking the required file from Razer Phone 1, I took it from the LG V40 instead)

New build: 20220810
Changelog:
- August security patch merged
- ARCore now supported (thanks LG for doing it weirdly)
- Fully implemented thermal-engine. This may improve battery, but I don't know. joan is weird and it's different every damn time
- Switched back from the pinned Wi-Fi related file to stock and fixed it instead
- Some improvements to fingerprint sensor randomly cutting off
- Try to fix NFC randomly cutting off

Last edited:
Reactions: tech_infinity

murrun

Aug 8, 2007
hello, i installed los, nikgapps and magisk.

can someone guide me through encryting the phone please?

murrun

Aug 8, 2007
looks like wide-angle camera is not available... is it only me? can I activate it?

NPCMW

Nov 9, 2013
Thanks everyone for all the great ROMs, especially the LineageOS ROMs. Unfortunately, it's time to retire my V30 since my T-Mobile is now requiring VoIP. Loved this phone and I'm sad to have to switch. Thanks again for keeping this thing feeling fast and fresh, but never being able to do VoIP on a custom ROM means it's time to buy something new.

Reactions: tech_infinity

murrun

Aug 8, 2007
For anyone interested; wide-angle camera works with GCAM_8.4.400.42.XX_SHAMIM_V21 (y)

New build: 20220721

- Call recording is enabled where legal (untested, because it is illegal where I live)

IMPORTANT NOTES:
- I am not a security expert.
- This is a major update, and Enforcing may break some things (nothing permanent). Make a TWRP backup as always.
- Registering a new fingerprint is broken in this build. Will be fixed next build.
- You may need to reinstall all Google apps. This seemed to constantly break whenever I changed a policy, and while reinstalling gapps fixed it, other Google-based apps broke as a result. Other apps appear unaffected at this time.
- Wi-Fi signal may be weak. Please report if it is! (with logs)

Available through the built-in updater or at DL link in OP. (I highly suggest not using the built-in updater this time, however, with enforcing and all.)

Last edited:

tech_infinity

Jun 16, 2014
aakashverma.com
LG V30

IMPORTANT NOTES:
- This is a major update, and Enforcing may break some things (nothing permanent). Make a TWRP backup as always.
- Registering a new fingerprint is broken in this build. Will be fixed next build.
- You may need to reinstall all Google apps. This seemed to constantly break whenever I changed a policy, and while reinstalling gapps fixed it, other Google-based apps broke as a result. Other apps appear unaffected at this time.

Available through the built-in updater or at DL link in OP. (I highly suggest not using the built-in updater this time, however, with enforcing and all.)
Amazing to see an enforcing AOSP ROM after so long(that too one which is being regularly updated). Thanks a lot ! :)

Reactions: lifehackerhansol

Changelog:
- Fully implemented thermal-engine. This may improve battery, but I don't know. joan is weird and it's different every damn time

Available through the built-in updater or at DL link in OP.

presariohg

Jul 27, 2015
Fantastic, thank you very much for bringing android 11 to this rather old device. However after clean wiping and flashing the 0810 version I couldn't use wifi at all (the mac address has become unavailable, device name and phone number unknown). The system UI also crashes from time to time (I think because of the unavailable wifi). The mobile network seems to work just fine though. I tried restoring modem and efs from a backup but couldn't solve the problem. Currently downloading the 0722 version to test if it work, I will update if I could fix this myself. Also the system's boot time seems to be quite long (1~2 minutes each) in comparison to the previous LOS 16.1 on the same device?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

- Fixed Wi-Fi signal strength issues (this time, instead of taking the required file from Razer Phone 1, I took it from the LG V40 instead)

I'll be going back to monthly build schedule after this :D

IMPORTANT NOTES:

Fantastic, thank you very much for bringing android 11 to this rather old device. However after clean wiping and flashing the 0810 version I couldn't use wifi at all (the mac address has become unavailable, device name and phone number unknown). The system UI also crashes from time to time (I think because of the unavailable wifi). The mobile network seems to work just fine though. I tried restoring modem and efs from a backup but couldn't solve the problem. Currently downloading the 0722 version to test if it work, I will update if I could fix this myself. Also the system's boot time seems to be quite long (1~2 minutes each) in comparison to the previous LOS 16.1 on the same device?
    Based on your post that you were using LOS 16.0 (16.1 did not exist), I will take that you did not update your device stock ROM to Pie. You need to do so, or a lot of things don't work.

IMPORTANT NOTES:

Amazing to see an enforcing AOSP ROM after so long(that too one which is being regularly updated). Thanks a lot ! :)
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

* Your warranty is now void.
    (But I mean it's probably already void at this point... bleh.)

* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features
    * included in this ROM before flashing!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications and if
    * YOU point the finger at us for messing up your device,
    * WE will laugh at you.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Compatibility Notes:
    • You need to be on Pie firmware or this won't work.
    • This should work on H932 (T-Mobile.) I do not have a way to test. Take caution.
    • VoLTE and VoWiFi doesn't work and probably never will.
    Downloads:
    Device source code:
    Kernel source code:
    Credits:
    - SGCMarkus (device tree and kernel)
    - Slowhy (device tree and kernel)
    - LineageOS team

I'll be going back to monthly build schedule after this :D

Based on your post that you were using LOS 16.0 (16.1 did not exist), I will take that you did not update your device stock ROM to Pie. You need to do so, or a lot of things don't work.

IMPORTANT NOTES:

Changelog:

Build 20220621:
    - Update kernel to 4.4.250
    - Fix Vulkan rendering (reverted to stock V30 driver)

Build 20220714:
    - July security patch
    - OpenGL ES update to 3.2 [email protected]
    - Vulkan updated to 1.1.128
    - Fingerprint changed back to stock Pie, since using Oreo fingerprint didn't actually pass SafetyNet

Build 20220721:

Changelog:
    - Switched back from the pinned Wi-Fi related file to stock and fixed it instead