[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Poco X3 NFC [Surya]

fenuks

Feb 22, 2021
1) MicroG is partially functional. Most of the features are available, but some applications require Google Apps.

You can put Flame Gapps.

2) The official LineageOS will be released for sure! But I will not lead it.
Thank you for prompt answer! I'll buy this phone, then. I know I could install GApps this, but I'd rather avoid that for privacy reasons, especially that typically I don't use that many apps, and F-Droid contains almost everything I need.

PocoX3Owner

Feb 23, 2021
hey, I havent flashed my phones since I had the galaxy s4 (a fairly long time ago when things were pretty straight forward and easy to do), I got this phone knowing it has great endorsment by the community, but when I tried to flash this rom (with an unofficial twrp from the internal storage) it got into a boot loop which I thankfully got out of by flash the stock rom, I then tried to flash from a usb drive, but it isnt detected when I get into recovery, I wonder if I need to have an sd card.
Can someon please tell me how do you go about flashing this rom, preferably without an sd card.

Alin45

Oct 7, 2020
Bucharest
hey, I havent flashed my phones since I had the galaxy s4 (a fairly long time ago when things were pretty straight forward and easy to do), I got this phone knowing it has great endorsment by the community, but when I tried to flash this rom (with an unofficial twrp from the internal storage) it got into a boot loop which I thankfully got out of by flash the stock rom, I then tried to flash from a usb drive, but it isnt detected when I get into recovery, I wonder if I need to have an sd card.
Can someon please tell me how do you go about flashing this rom, preferably without an sd card.
U can use Internal storage as support, flash the ROM using recovery and do a Format data (yes) before rebooting to system.

Last edited:

007_Fahad

Jan 28, 2014
Khanpur
do have unlook the phonw and instal. twrp ?
its twrp succesful installed you can download this update and install manuell via twrp
Yes I have orangefox installed and I am currently on lineageos 18.1 from mahajant99, can I still install this one even though the op says to install firmware from 12.0.7?

xiaomiyaaa

Feb 24, 2021
Hello, I have 3 questions please.

1) I have POCO X3 NFC, It's still stock, do I need to upgrade to latest firmware before unlocking bootloader and installing TWRP then LineageOS?

2) What is difference between Karna and Surya? I am from Europe and I bought it from store not from online or Chinese seller, just from shop in my country, so is mine Karna or Surya? It's NFC version...

3) how do I upgrade vendor security patch after I install LineageOS? or does the developer do it? thx!

Last edited:

White7Widow

Sep 18, 2012
Hello, I have 3 questions please.

1) I have POCO X3 NFC, It's still stock, do I need to upgrade to latest firmware before unlocking bootloader and installing TWRP then LineageOS?

2) What is difference between Karna and Surya? I am from Europe and I bought it from store not from online or Chinese seller, just from shop in my country, so is mine Karna or Surya? It's NFC version...

3) how do I upgrade vendor security patch after I install LineageOS? or does the developer do it? thx!
Yes update to last version then unlock and flash the rom, security patches are already applied

michadevries

Sep 9, 2017
Hi there, I'm strongly considering to buy this awesome phone, especially since this rom seems to work so well! Got some questions though.

Can I configure my VoIP, also for incoming calls, without any additional apps. It should be supported on stock android but I'm not certain. If not, is it possible for this to be implemented?

Secondly, is there somebody around here with a samsung watch that can verify that the samsung gear app is able to pair with samsung smart devices.

I'm currently using an s9 port on a galaxy a8, for android 10 support, both of these things don't work and sometimes the phone just straight up freezes Xd.

Have a nice day! :)

xiaomiyaaa

Feb 24, 2021
Yes update to last version then unlock and flash the rom, security patches are already applied
Are you talking about Android security patch level or vendor security patch level? Because I know that Android security patches are provided in the ROM itself, but is the vendor security patch level also provided by the ROM? thx

SkaboXD

Jan 18, 2017
Ganja
Are you talking about Android security patch level or vendor security patch level? Because I know that Android security patches are provided in the ROM itself, but is the vendor security patch level also provided by the ROM? thx
Vendor security patch is same as stock ROM from which firmware is based.

Fe. If custom ROM uses MIUI 12.0.3 as a base, vendor security patch level will be the same as on MIUI 12.0.3

Reactions: pnin

xiaomiyaaa

Feb 24, 2021
Vendor security patch is same as stock ROM from which firmware is based.

Fe. If custom ROM uses MIUI 12.0.3 as a base, vendor security patch level will be the same as on MIUI 12.0.3
So after I install LineageOS there's no way I can update the vendor security patch, other than reinstalling MIUI and upgrading to the latest version again?? Because I would like to keep it as updated as possible while keeping LineageOS