[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Samsung Galaxy S5 (klte*)

haggertk

Jun 26, 2010
Denver, CO
@haggertk, was there an older (Android10) Wifi/HAL module embedded for the latest release? Might help to update. Wifi works ok.

E WifiHAL : wifi_pre_initialize
E WifiHAL : --- HAL version: Android-10-FRC2-SDK_29 59.0 (r854927) 2019-12-06 23:33:52 +0530 (Fri, 06 Dec 2019) ---
E WifiHAL : Calling preInit
E WifiHAL : Hal preInit
E WifiHAL : Failed to register set Hal preInit; result = -95
E WifiHAL : wifi_hal_preInit failed
E WifiHAL : wifi_initialize
E WifiHAL : Calling Hal_init
E WifiHAL : Start Set Hal
E WifiHAL : Failed to register set hal start response; result = -95
E WifiHAL : wifi_start_hal failed
E WifiHAL : Failed to register get pkt fate response; result = -95
No.

gaindelioide

Mar 23, 2020
BiTGApps Link

It's always better to link to the original thread instead of to a file download link so users can get the most recent versions, get more info (file content & features, changelog, how-to use/install, etc.), give Likes 👍 to the dev, make some donations maybe, ask questions in the thread and see the most recent users' comments about the packages.

Also taking a few minutes to search & post the link saves hundreds of minutes to other users of the thread.

So here it is: [CUSTOM][GAPPS] BiTGApps for Android
Hi curiousrom,
I did not give any download link because the download site is down. I agree with the second suggestion about giving a link to the original thread, but it would not have helped the user this time while some other users sent posts about the BiTGApps in several threads. That is the reason why I recommended searching the XDA site for them and luckily you gave him / her the kick.

You're a nice guy (y)(y)(y)

curiousrom

Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2011
Costa Rica
www.reddit.com
Re: Broken BiTGApps Download Links?

...I did not give any download link because the download site is down.
Thanks. :cool: 👍

Maybe the OP is not aware about it. Made a post in that thread: Broken BiTGApps Download Links?

Meanwhile Open GApps dev @Nezorflame keeps churning out some Android 11 package tests builds. See his most recent post about it here in the [GAPPS][DAILY] Open GApps for Android; All Android Versions & Devices thread or check most recent folder here for the S5: OpenGApps - Browse /arm/test at SourceForge.net

Reactions: rhewins2268

curiousrom

Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2011
Costa Rica
www.reddit.com
FYI just noticed that haggertk is pushing some lineage-18.1-20210110-UNOFFICIAL... updates in his androidfilehost lineage-18.1 folders.

@ the present only the klte & a few other versions are available but I guess the others will follow soon. Done, all supported S5 variants listed in post #1 are now available.

You can see that he merged a bunch of 18.1 changes since his last 20201225 build in the LineageOS Gerrit code review with this search.

Last edited:

ttesty

Dec 17, 2010
FYI just noticed that haggertk is pushing some lineage-18.1-20210110-UNOFFICIAL... updates in his androidfilehost lineage-18.1 folders.

@ the present only the klte & a few other versions are available but I guess the others will follow soon. Done, all supported S5 variants listed in post #1 are now available.

You can see that he merged a bunch of 18.1 changes since his last 20201225 build in the LineageOS Gerrit code review with this search.
@haggertk - thanks for the next release. Those TcpSocketTracker error messages disappeared. Works great so far. Only found minor silly things like: taking a photo with the Camera app and clicking its thumbnail will produce a different image (maybe not ROM-related), and losing the settings option to change the status bar battery to a percentage. And not hearing the ringtone when a call arrives after the screen is off (different when it's on). No biggies.

Others, remember to re-apply GAPPS after the ROM update.

Last edited:

761gg1i3219

Apr 11, 2020
I'm following the thread on 18.1 and sometimes I'm looking at the changes on Gerrit.
In the "Initial batch of 18.1 promotions/additions" there's a list of I guess the firsts devices that will update to 18.1 once it goes official but klte* are not in it so I have two questions (I'm not asking for ETA, just want to understand better how things work):

- When do LOS changes version? Again, I'm not asking for ETA but what has to happen before changing major version? Like they have a list of features that are to be implemented and when that is done the upgrade will be shipped or what else? Or they want to have a "test phase" for a fixed number of months and then release 18.1?
- Second question is related to klte*, since 18.1 is not yet official for any device, why are they not included in the "Initial batch of 18.1 promotions/additions"? Like is it a choice by haggertk to keep it unofficial till second batch because he prefers so or is there another reason, like for example the devices included in 1st batch are more "forward" in completing the tasks needed for 18.1 and klte* will be included in 1st batch if it meets some criteria before 18.1 going official?

I'm sorry for the chaotic questions but I really I have no idea about all of this works and wanted to learn. If anyone could help me understand that'd be great. Thanks in advance. and thank you again @haggertk for your amazing work on this device, you're truly a hero.

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
I'm following the thread on 18.1 and sometimes I'm looking at the changes on Gerrit.
In the "Initial batch of 18.1 promotions/additions" there's a list of I guess the firsts devices that will update to 18.1 once it goes official but klte* are not in it so I have two questions (I'm not asking for ETA, just want to understand better how things work):

- When do LOS changes version? Again, I'm not asking for ETA but what has to happen before changing major version? Like they have a list of features that are to be implemented and when that is done the upgrade will be shipped or what else? Or they want to have a "test phase" for a fixed number of months and then release 18.1?
- Second question is related to klte*, since 18.1 is not yet official for any device, why are they not included in the "Initial batch of 18.1 promotions/additions"? Like is it a choice by haggertk to keep it unofficial till second batch because he prefers so or is there another reason, like for example the devices included in 1st batch are more "forward" in completing the tasks needed for 18.1 and klte* will be included in 1st batch if it meets some criteria before 18.1 going official?

I'm sorry for the chaotic questions but I really I have no idea about all of this works and wanted to learn. If anyone could help me understand that'd be great. Thanks in advance. and thank you again @haggertk for your amazing work on this device, you're truly a hero.
I'm really glad, klte is not part of the first batch in a new android version. It is a bit risky to e among the first. Instead we get a few more months of security updates for a rock solid custom ROM. The timing manly depends on personal preferences of device maintainers. - as soon as basic requirements are fulfilled.

ttesty

Dec 17, 2010
I'm really glad, klte is not part of the first batch in a new android version. It is a bit risky to e among the first. Instead we get a few more months of security updates for a rock solid custom ROM. The timing manly depends on personal preferences of device maintainers. - as soon as basic requirements are fulfilled.
My KLTE is rocking and rolling with the January release. Guess you meant KLTE specific patches?

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
My KLTE is rocking and rolling with the January release. Guess you meant KLTE specific patches?
I mean general stability of fresh released software. It's the step from limited tests to all kind of use cases in the wild. After release there is typically a second wave of changes. Some will break things that already worked in pre-release builds.

ttesty

Dec 17, 2010
@haggertk - I've attached a condensed liveboot log and radio log of error lines with no PII/sensitive info inside it. Might be useful. Latest build works great still.

Would be helpful to check out these RIL/QMI 'errors' - maybe a module needs disabling somewhere, but definitely not RIL. They continue to flood, but may be harmlessly reporting as errors instead of debug info.

E/RIL-RAWDATA( 580): qmi_ctl_rx_msg.c Can't find txn info for txn_id = 1
E/RIL-RAWDATA( 580): qmi_qmux_open_connection: QMI_QMUX_IO_PLATFORM_OPEN_CONN failed -1
E/RIL-RAWDATA( 580): qmi_qmux_open_connection: connection is disabled for conn_id=29
E/RIL-RAWDATA( 580): qmi_qmux_tx_msg: failed to open inactive connd_id=29
E/RIL-RAWDATA( 580): qmi_qmux: TX failed, connection inactive or in reset, conn_id=29, status_flags=4
E/RIL-RAWDATA( 580): qmi_ctl_tx_msg: qmi_qmux_tx_msg failed
E/RIL-RAWDATA( 580): qmi_ctl_handle_request: qmi_ctl_tx_msg call failed
580 889 E RIL-QMI : qmuxd: TX message on fd=20, to qmux_client_id=0x0, len=72
580 580 E RIL-QMI : qmuxd: RX 47 bytes on fd=20 from qmux_client_id=0x0
580 889 E RIL-QMI : qmuxd: TX message on fd=20, to qmux_client_id=0x0, len=68
580 889 E RIL-QMI : qmuxd: TX message on fd=20, to qmux_client_id=0x0, len=72

Attachments

Last edited:

yoshkapundrick

Mar 17, 2016
Is there any way to disable the domain requirement on wpa2 enterprise? I can't log in to my wifi.
Previous versions the domain requirement could be disabled.

Vini69

Nov 8, 2016
Has anyone tested encryption + gapps ? Does it bootloop like in 17.1 ?

Has anyone tested the dual sim version, are both sims working accordingly ?

@haggertk your work is very much much appreciated, thank you for your hard work and the time you put in keeping this phone up-to-date.

Many thanks also to the community for the feedback and advices.

Reactions: godofsalt

reyjuan

Sep 6, 2013
hello, i need some help!
i had lineage 13 on my phone for a long long time, i really only use it as a backup and specially for the viper 4 android mod wich i love .
on monday by mistake i hit the update to 18 , it rebooted and now it only loads the team win recovery 3.2.3-0 i had .
i tried installing from the latest rom on the first page but nothing happens.
i dont remember what version on android i had and have no idea what bootlader , i did it a long time ago.

i hope you understand me english is not my first language.
can you recomend what to do?? i dont care about any info or apps i had on before.
i had a old version of v4a thats the only mod i would care for.

thany you for your time

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
hello, i need some help!
i had lineage 13 on my phone for a long long time, i really only use it as a backup and specially for the viper 4 android mod wich i love .
on monday by mistake i hit the update to 18 , it rebooted and now it only loads the team win recovery 3.2.3-0 i had .
i dont remember what version on android i had and have no idea what bootlader , i did it a long time ago.

i hope you understand me english is not my first language.
can you recomend what to do?? i dont care about any info or apps i had on before.
i had a old version of v4a thats the only mod i would care for.

thany you for your time
In your case I would install official lineageos.org

Abel05

Dec 27, 2020
Has anyone tested encryption + gapps ? Does it bootloop like in 17.1 ?

Has anyone tested the dual sim version, are both sims working accordingly ?

@haggertk your work is very much much appreciated, thank you for your hard work and the time you put in keeping this phone up-to-date.

Many thanks also to the community for the feedback and advices.
I've tested sim. there's no signal. it doesn't work many times. what about you?

jeremywh7

Sep 16, 2013
Indy
In your case I would install official lineageos.org
@reyjuan but update your TWRP then reboot to recovery first; https://dl.twrp.me/klte/ (assuming you need klte)
Do a system/factory reset and if you don't need your /data, format it after the reset. You may have issues if you don't format /data; back it up if needed. Install 17.1, then gapps if needed, and don't install TWRP app when prompted. Good luck ;-)

hiariq

Jan 15, 2021
Hello sir, My device model is SM-G900H but i can't find and build model for my device above, can you help me?

Thankyou before

Vini69

Nov 8, 2016
I've tested sim. there's no signal. it doesn't work many times. what about you?
This is my day to day phone so I can't really use it for testing.
After the debacle trying to upgrade from LOS 16 to LOS 17.1 with encryption (I lost a lot of time and had to reinstall everything), I am sticking to LOS 16 until I know for sure the new version will work properly.

curiousrom

Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2011
Costa Rica
www.reddit.com
...My device model is SM-G900H but i can't find and build model for my device above, can you help me?
The S5 SM-G900H 3G Exynos is not part of the S5 klte Snapdragon family & with many hardware differences (chipset, CPU, GPU, etc.) so it cannot run the same ROM. See this specs comparison: https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=6033&idPhone2=6237#diff-*,*,*

Try site:forum.xda-developers.com/ SM-G900H lineageos for alternatives and change keywords to taste.

Last edited:
Reactions: dcarvil and pmduper

Abel05

Dec 27, 2020
This is my day to day phone so I can't really use it for testing.
After the debacle trying to upgrade from LOS 16 to LOS 17.1 with encryption (I lost a lot of time and had to reinstall everything), I am sticking to LOS 16 until I know for sure the new version will work properly.
Ok, mine is kltechnduo. it runs very well in version 17.1. let's look forward to his next version update