[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Samsung Galaxy S5 (klte*)

curiousrom

Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2011
Costa Rica
www.reddit.com
Saving Photos To External SD Card?

Is there a way now in the stock camera app to change storage location from internal to external storage to save pictures videos?...
Not @ the present in LineageOS 17.1 & unofficial 18.1 but some devs are working on it. It will be ready when marked as Merged if they succeed: project:LineageOS/android_packages_apps_Snap · Gerrit Code Review

No LTE Fix

...I was able to get LTE by restoring EFS...
On which S5 model & unofficial 18.1 build date exactly?

For those who don't have an EFS backup yet or don't know how to restore it: S5 EFS Partition Backup - No Service, No IMEI & No SIM Card Fix

Last edited:

curiousrom

Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2011
Costa Rica
www.reddit.com
Last edited:

Droid9684

May 9, 2011
Saving Photos To External SD Card?

Not @ the present in LineageOS 17.1 & unofficial 18.1 but some devs are working on it. It will be ready when marked as Merged if they succeed: project:LineageOS/android_packages_apps_Snap · Gerrit Code Review

No LTE Fix

On which S5 model & unofficial 18.1 build date exactly?

For those who don't have an EFS backup yet or don't know how to restore it: S5 EFS Partition Backup - No Service, No IMEI & No SIM Card Fix
I got LTE on the G900V Verizon model. So I tried the most recent build on unoffical Lineage 18.1. This rom and updated did correct the camera app storage issue and photos videos do go to the external SD. In another verison on Android 11 this has not been done yet. I will post the bugs in a seperate post here.

Droid9684

May 9, 2011
Tried the most recent build of 18.1 and there are a few bugs

Fairly persistant bugs:
When using camera it freezes and phone reboots
When using titanium backup phone reboots
Screen locks up and have to unlock it constantly
Some lag generally speaking at times slow as molasses
And system UI, system apps and apps in general force quit

Recent and annoying
Bluetooth static and music wont play get LOUD buzzing when trying to play music

Is there a way we can change system font? I did not see any build tweaks in 18.1.
Thank you for fixing camera app issue can now store photos to external sd card.

Reverting back to 7.1 Nougat until everything is worked out as its is 99% stable for me.

G900V
TWRP 3.3.1
Stock Kernel
Magisk 21.0 (because I needed root)
Clean install wiped everything
OpenGapps test version

Last edited:

pmduper

Oct 11, 2017
Tried the most recent build of 18.1 and there are a few bugs

Fairly persistant bugs:
When using camera it freezes and phone reboots
When using titanium backup phone reboots
Screen locks up and have to unlock it constantly
Some lag generally speaking at times slow as molasses

Recent and annoying
Bluetooth static and music wont play get LOUD buzzing when trying to play music

Is there a way we can change system font? I did not see any build tweaks in 18.1.
Thank you for fixing camera app issue can now store photos to external sd card.

Reverting back to 7.1 Nougat until everything is worked out as its is 99% stable for me.
You may want to add a little information about your situation.
Device variant?
Advanced Clean or Dirty install?
TWRP/version?
GAPPS/Nanodroid/Nothing?
Magisk?
Kernel?
etc etc

Good luck

Reactions: curiousrom

Abel05

Dec 27, 2020
[引述=“haggertk,POST:84348163,成员:2693412”)
洛根猫。无线电和系统。从靴子。

编辑:和亚行外壳的输出

编辑2:不要使用12月的版本,在以后的构建中有一些单元修复会影响libsec-ril的正确选择。
[/引述]
Sir, I brushed the latest (kltechnduo-20210209 version) signal and it was resolved. The signal can work normally. Thank you very much for your work.

Reactions: curiousrom

ttesty

Dec 17, 2010
After about 3 months of use, I think @haggertk 's ROM is more stable and usable than stock ROM's. Perhaps the most stable ROM I've ever used on my S5's. I don't even think there was a single panic reboot. Phone lasts uncharged for days. Amazing. It would be nice if Samsung made newer Galaxy's cost $200 with the same level of usability (including unlocked bootloaders for US models, headphone jacks, buttons). I'll just keep buying S5's :)

zfk110

Jan 11, 2014
Atlanta
You never need magisk to get dmesg or a root adb shell -- just turn on rooted adb debugging in developer settings and then do an adb root before other adb commands.

I'll see if anything stands out in the logs.
When I try to install adaway or busy box it would not let me do it so I access the root partition using a Root browser and I see bunch of folder with the crazy numbers on it looks like they are encrypted so I went into the TWRP and when I get there it does not look encrypted so I boot back in browse to the browser and those files are still looks like an encrypted with a bunch of crazy numbers do you know how to fix that issue thank you

I'm just using your same rom with the b i t g apps nothing else on my G900v

rhewins2268

Oct 28, 2011
Livermore Falls
www.youtube.com
When I try to install adaway or busy box it would not let me do it so I access the root partition using a Root browser and I see bunch of folder with the crazy numbers on it looks like they are encrypted so I went into the TWRP and when I get there it does not look encrypted so I boot back in browse to the browser and those files are still looks like an encrypted with a bunch of crazy numbers do you know how to fix that issue thank you

I'm just using your same rom with the b i t g apps nothing else on my G900v
You need to be rooted in order to use adaway and busy box.

Reactions: Xplor3r

naasking

Aug 28, 2012
Lineage 18.1 ROM seems to work well so far with one exception which was true of lineage 17.1 on this same type of phone: SIP calls over LTE with the native dialer drop immediately after they connect. I had the exact same problem with all Lineage ROMs for the Galaxy S3, so I had to switch to using the Zoiper softphone app.

The native dialer was always more reliable receiving calls though, so I prefer to get that working if possible. Zoiper SIP calls over LTE work fine on this phone (as they did on the S3), so it's definitely a problem with the native dialer on Samsung hardware.