[ROM][UNOFFICIAL-ABANDONED][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Samsung Galaxy S5 (klte*)

Search This thread

Abel05

Dec 27, 2020
I'm willing to bet that you are either using the wrong build for your device or have an ancient baseband. So, more details -- what is your actual device, what file did you flash, and what is your baseband?
Hi, my phone is s5 kltechnduo (G9008W). This is a screenshot of my device. The first one is 6.0.1 and its baseband version(there is signal, but the baseband is no problem). The second one is 18.1 and some cases of baseband. I don’t know why I can directly upload from 6.0.1 After 18.1, the baseband will be lost and the baseband can run in other ROMs
Screenshot_2021-01-23-14-33-44.png
Screenshot_20201225-070203_Settings.png
Screenshot_20201225-070222_Settings.png
Screenshot_20201225-070416_Phone.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: curiousrom

haggertk

Hi, my phone is s5 kltechnduo (G9008W). This is a screenshot of my device. The first one is 6.0.1 and its baseband version(there is signal, but the baseband is no problem). The second one is 18.1 and some cases of baseband. I don’t know why I can directly upload from 6.0.1 After 18.1, the baseband will be lost and the baseband can run in other ROMs

Logcats. Radio and system. From boot.

Edit: and the output of adb shell getprop

Edit 2: and don't use that build from December, there were unit fixes in later build(s) that affect proper selection of libsec-ril

Last edited:

dudoedu

Dec 8, 2017
Hi,
I'm using SM-G900F. Installed lineage-18.1-20210110-UNOFFICIAL-klte with lineage-18.1-20210110-UNOFFICIAL-recovery-klte as described in the first post including formatting /system, /data and /cache .
Gallery is not usable. The creation of thumbnails takes a lot of time. Especially with photos sd card.
Furthermore, the problem with late notification when receiving messages still exists (since lineage-16). Fortunately it can be solved with setting messaging on whitelist via adb:

adb shell dumpsys deviceidle whitelist +com.android.messaging

Apart from that, everything runs smooth. Thank you very much!!!

haggertk

Hi,
I'm using SM-G900F. Installed lineage-18.1-20210110-UNOFFICIAL-klte with lineage-18.1-20210110-UNOFFICIAL-recovery-klte as described in the first post including formatting /system, /data and /cache .
Gallery is not usable. The creation of thumbnails takes a lot of time. Especially with photos sd card.

Google started using private locks in mediaprovider. They have a fallback code path, but as usual for most things Google, these legacy paths aren't tested and are not performant.

The backported fixes are in my kernel locally and the next build should be much better.

ttesty

Dec 17, 2010
@haggertk

Looking forward to the next release. A few items if you're interested:

- Can't get the battery percentage displaying (possible regression) - Tried SystemUI Tuner, direct XML edit/setprop, Settings
- Repeating logcat message: BestClock: java.time.DateTimeException: Missing NTP fix
- Gallery thumbnail items (indexing wrong - take photo, click thumbnail, displays an older photo)
- Occasional disappearing internal /sdcard - Transport Endpoint Unavailable (fusermount?)

haggertk

@haggertk

Looking forward to the next release. A few items if you're interested:

- Can't get the battery percentage displaying (possible regression) - Tried SystemUI Tuner, direct XML edit/setprop, Settings

This one I'm not the least bit interested in. Without details otherwise, it's 100% on your end - settings -> system -> status bar -> battery indicator allows battery percentage for all available styles (icon portrait, circle, text) for a device in my hands

ttesty

Dec 17, 2010
This one I'm not the least bit interested in. Without details otherwise, it's 100% on your end - settings -> system -> status bar -> battery indicator allows battery percentage for all available styles (icon portrait, circle, text) for a device in my hands

Thanks. The next release works great - just tried. You can disregard the battery icon matter. Just had to disable a lot of packages to free memory and stepped over a few.

Last edited:

ttesty

Dec 17, 2010
@haggertk I run a tight ship considering that S5 memory is limtied to 2GB.

Can see a sorted process list by memory usage if it helps for today's release. I have crons to kill non-critical processes, and have disabled many services, broadcasts etc from auto-starting in activity launcher. Most of what I keep always running:

================================================
Tasks: 270 total, 1 running, 269 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie
Mem: 1743912K total, 1616696K used, 127216K free, 136632K buffers
Swap: 432132K total, 54702080 used, 378712K free, 457116K cached
400%cpu 3%user 0%nice 7%sys 389%idle 0%iow 0%irq 1%sirq 0%host
PID RES %CPU [%MEM]CMDLINE
916 185M 1.0 10.8 system_server
1292 146M 0.0 8.5 com.android.systemui
3578 116M 0.0 6.7 com.flexaspect.android.everycallcontrol
2010 105M 0.0 6.1 com.teslacoilsw.launcher
2121 89M 0.0 5.2 com.ninefolders.hd3
1600 78M 0.3 4.5 com.android.phone
2051 78M 0.0 4.5 net.dinglisch.android.taskerm
2911 75M 0.0 4.3 xyz.klinker.messenger
2461 74M 0.0 4.3 com.android.inputmethod.latin
3537 72M 0.0 4.2 com.alarmclock.xtreme.free
1645 70M 0.0 4.1 android.ext.services
535 68M 0.0 3.9 zygote
2077 62M 0.0 3.6 com.app.missednotificationsreminder
2722 62M 0.0 3.6 com.Elecont.WeatherClock
1962 61M 0.0 3.5 com.android.providers.media.module
1996 60M 0.0 3.4 flar2.homebutton
1465 58M 0.0 3.4 com.android.networkstack.process
2023 57M 0.0 3.3 com.balda.notificationlistener
3525 57M 0.3 3.3 ca.mimic.apphangar:appwatch
1942 52M 0.0 3.0 com.android.nfc
2361 49M 0.0 2.9 android.process.media
2085 45M 0.0 2.6 com.android.keychain
2976 45M 0.0 2.6 com.android.externalstorage
1583 44M 0.0 2.6 com.android.se
1432 30M 0.0 1.7 webview_zygote
701 15M 0.0 0.8 /system/bin/mediaserver
583 12M 0.0 0.7 /system/bin/surfaceflinger
646 11M 0.0 0.6 /vendor/bin/mm-qcamera-daemon
576 8.3M 0.0 0.4 /system/bin/audioserver
================================================

Also some logcat output attached (during idle) - nothing sensitive inside. Can see a lot of repetitive items, which I normally filter out.

Attachments

• logcat-output.txt
    94.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
TWRP Questions & Update

I've read some XDA posts from users on other devices reporting that TWRP was not working to install unofficial 18.1 @ the present.

Did anybody clean installed using TWRP instead of the Lineage recovery as described in the post #1 on their S5 klte variant? If so, which TWRP version & S5 model?

Did you dirty flash a new unofficial release over an older one using TWRP?

Did you dirty flash a new release using TWRP with a GApps package installed? If so which one?

Did you dirty flash a new release using TWRP with Magisk installed? Version of Magisk & modules if any?

Did anybody tried a TWRP backup of System, Data & Boot partitions & restoring that backup?

FYI haggertk's lineage-18.1-20210123-UNOFFICIAL... is available for all variants in his folder https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=321278

gaindelioide

Mar 23, 2020
TWRP Questions & Update

I've read some XDA posts from users on other devices reporting that TWRP was not working to install unofficial 18.1 @ the present.

Did anybody clean installed using TWRP instead of the Lineage recovery as described in the post #1 on their S5 klte variant? If so, which TWRP version & S5 model?

Did you dirty flash a new unofficial release over an older one using TWRP?

Did you dirty flash a new release using TWRP with a GApps package installed? If so which one?

Did you dirty flash a new release using TWRP with Magisk installed? Version of Magisk & modules if any?

Did anybody tried a TWRP backup of System, Data & Boot partitions & restoring that backup?

FYI haggertk's lineage-18.1-20210123-UNOFFICIAL... is available for all variants in his folder https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=321278
Hi curiousrom,

I am using TWRP (first with version 3.4.0 and now with the latest version 3.5.0_9) since the first build of the unofficial releases of lineage-18.1 and up to now it works for me without any problems. I even dirty flashed the precious and the newest builds with TWRP alongside the BiTGApps (releases R19 and R20). Magisk (currently version 21.4) does not seem to survive the updates since I have to reinstall it any time I updated the system. For the moment I have not undertaken any backup or restored one with TWRP versions 3.4.0 and 3.5.0_9.

The maintainer of the BiTGApps states that starting with the release R20 the GAPPS will survive a dirty flash, but I have not tried that.

I just want to add that the latest build is working without any noticeable issues for me. I have not installed of a lot of applications in my S5 SM-G900F.

Thanks a lot to Mr Haggertk for all the work he is doing to maintain the code for the klte devices.

Have a lot of fun, guys 💪💪💪

mop09737

May 12, 2007
Hi, I've install 2301 version it using TWRP and Open gapps test and so far, everything is Ok, thanks for everything.

Rahbar11

Oct 15, 2019
@haggertk I have a really big problem. I was using android 11 and everything was working fine then I flashed the latest stock firmware with baseband ***CTK2 and everything was fine there too. But when I flashed custom rom my bluetooth is no longer switching on. I have tried different android 10 and 11 roms but the results are same.
Maybe by fixing this the old bluetooth problem of automatically disconnecting will be solved too... I am attaching logcat... If you need anything else I'll be glad to help...

Attachments

• logcat1.txt
    1.3 MB · Views: 9

blikkk

Jul 28, 2018
Hi!
Great work!

problem1:
The forced closing of apps by holding down the back button is gone from the developer menu. Very useful feature.

problem2:
The Drivedroid app does not get permission for the external SD card. Internal work.

If these cannot be resolved, I will remain with 10.

Thanks for your work!

ttesty

Dec 17, 2010
Hi!
Great work!

problem1:
The forced closing of apps by holding down the back button is gone from the developer menu. Very useful feature.

problem2:
The Drivedroid app does not get permission for the external SD card. Internal work.

If these cannot be resolved, I will remain with 10.

Thanks for your work!

I use the Button Mapper app for forced closing. Many more granular settings. Unfortunate that it consumes 44MB of memory instead of being a built-in feature. If you apply Magisk, it might grant Drivedroid (?) permissions if it needs root.

dudoedu

Dec 8, 2017

[B]@[/B]curiousrom
Yes. Same problem. But the solucion (as you described in other posts) is the adb-command
adb shell dumpsys deviceidle whitelist +com.android.messaging

@haggertk
Gallery works fine now with version 20210123! Great. Showing the thumbnails is fast as expected.

Two minor issues:
Sometimes (especially on first start after installing the rom) pulldown statusbar and longclick on wlan-icon lets crash the app.
Also crash after trying to select a photo in
settings / display / styles & wallpapers/ wallpaper/ my photos

ttesty

Dec 17, 2010
@haggetk, Bluetooth works fine for me. Minor point: com.android.server.BluetoothManagerService seems to be missing re: below. Probably benign.

=========================================================
E BluetoothManagerService: Unable to unbind service with intent: Intent { act=android.bluetooth.IBluetoothHeadset cmp=com.android.bluetooth/.hfp.HeadsetService }
E BluetoothManagerService: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Service not registered: com.android.server.BluetoothManagerService$ProfileServiceConnections@816e2fe
E BluetoothManagerService: at android.app.LoadedApk.forgetServiceDispatcher(LoadedApk.java:1781)
E BluetoothManagerService: at android.app.ContextImpl.unbindService(ContextImpl.java:1874)
E BluetoothManagerService: at com.android.server.BluetoothManagerService.unbindBluetoothProfileService(BluetoothManagerService.java:1289)
E BluetoothManagerService: at android.bluetooth.BluetoothHeadset.doUnbind(BluetoothHeadset.java:422)
E BluetoothManagerService: at android.bluetooth.BluetoothHeadset.access$000(BluetoothHeadset.java:54)
E BluetoothManagerService: at android.bluetooth.BluetoothHeadset$2.onServiceDisconnected(BluetoothHeadset.java:1268)
E BluetoothManagerService: at com.android.server.BluetoothManagerService$ProfileServiceConnections.onServiceDisconnected(BluetoothManagerService.java:1517)
E BluetoothManagerService: at android.app.LoadedApk$ServiceDispatcher.doConnected(LoadedApk.java:1971)
E BluetoothManagerService: at android.app.LoadedApk$ServiceDispatcher$RunConnection.run(LoadedApk.java:2010)
E BluetoothManagerService: at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:938)
E BluetoothManagerService: at com.android.server.SystemServer.run(SystemServer.java:631)
E BluetoothManagerService: at com.android.server.SystemServer.main(SystemServer.java:417)
W bt_btif : bta_sys_event: Received unregistered event id 20
W BtOppService: unregisterReceivers java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Receiver not registered: com.android.bluetooth.opp.BluetoothOppService$3@c86fc71
=========================================================

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps) . LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Device source code:
    Kernel source code:
    My picks:

Build Compatibility:
    The noted models are the only ones supported. If you have a model that isn't listed and ask politely then I might work to add compatibility.​
    BuildModel
    klteSM-G900F, SM-G900M, SM-G900R4, SM-G900R7, SM-G900T, SM-G900V, SM-G900W8
    klteactivexxSM-G870F
    klteaioSM-G900AZ, SM-S902L
    kltechnSM-G9006V, SM-G9008V
    kltechnduoSM-G9006W, SM-G9008W, SM-G9009W
    klteduosSM-G900FD, SM-G900MD
    kltedvSM-G900I, SM-G900P
    kltekdiSC-04F, SCL23
    kltekorSM-G900K, SM-G900L, SM-G900S

Downloads:
    Installation Instructions:
    • Download latest build
    • Boot into recovery
      • Lineage recovery images are included in the download section and that's what I support. If you feel like using TWRP and something isn't working then take it up with the TWRP maintainer
    • If not updating from one of my earlier unofficial builds, then format/system, /data, and /cache
      • For Lineage recovery:
        • Format -> Format data/factory reset (this does /data and /cache)
        • Format -> Format system partition
      • For TWRP figure it out. And no, "wipe data" isn't the same as formatting data
    • Install LineageOS zip
    • If this is your initial installation of LineageOS 18.1, then flash any addons (e.g., gapps)
    Reporting Bugs:
    • DO NOT even think about reporting bugs if you are running a custom kernel, Magisk, or Xposed
    • Grab a logcat after the problem has occurred
    • If there is a random reboot then grab /proc/last_kmsg. A logcat AFTER the reboot will be worthless
    • Note which build AND device you have
    • Read the thread, at least the last month's worth of posts. Don't report things that others already have.
    Compatibility Notes:
    • Bootloader version doesn't matter. Anyone who tells you so doesn't know what they are taking about. My Developer Edition G900V is still running the original 4.4.2 KK aboot. My G900W8 is running the latest 6.0.1.
    • All builds except for klteactivexx MUST be running a marshmallow (6.0.1) radio for RIL to work. If you are about to report that RIL/radio isn't working then I pretty much guarantee this is your issue.
    • You MUST be running a marshmallow (6.0.1) NON-HLOS for the fingerprint reader to work. If you are about to report a fingerprint reader problem then you either have old firmware (update it), your /data was previously encrypted and you performed a "clean" flash without FORMATTING /data (start over and FORMAT /data), or your reader is just broken.
    • External SD cards don't support POSIX (ext*, f2fs) or NTFS filesystems anymore. It was kind of broken in 17 and we likely won't merge the changes to add it back in for 18. I'm not going to pick the open changes to re-add support because I'm not going to deal with "but it worked on haggertk's unofficial builds" bug reports after we eventually go official. If this affects you then just bite the bullet, copy any data off you really want to save, and reformat as exfat.
    Donations:
    • I absolutely don't personally accept them. If you really feel that this work deserves it, then find a local food bank or animal shelter/rescue and throw some money their way. You can also throw some the way of LineageOS, but we're actually doing pretty well right now.
    Note that the Galaxy S5 klte family is not included in the initial promotion but should follow eventually.

I'll probably ship in the coming week. They're ready, but I don't want to be the first set our the door on the infra. As it is, we're already flying this thing in direct law tonight.
    Official LineageOS 18.1 for the Galaxy S5 klte family Launched!

FYI these haggertk's commits are now marked as Merged so it should be available in the next update if all goes well with the Lineage automated builder:
    And it's confirmed in the LineageOS build target list and the wiki pages https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/ also.

The respective wiki pages include an upgrade guide.

Thank you to the Lineage Team & Mr. haggertk for keeping our old S5 up to date. :cool: 👍
    Official LineageOS 18.1 Launched!

FYI the Official LineageOS 18.1 is launched as you can read in this official blog: Changelog 25 - Exemplary Eleven, Ravishing Recorder, Captivating Calendar, Beaming Backup

The first batch of builds should be available starting 2021-04-01 if all goes well with with the LineageOS automated builder. Click on nightly even if the lineage-16.0 label has not been updated yet.

Note that the Galaxy S5 klte family is not included in the initial promotion but should follow eventually.
    Hey @haggertk, I have a SM-S902L. Can I use the rom for SM-S900L for my device? If not would you be so kind and add support for my model? I had been waiting for lineage 17.1 for quite some time now and installed an unofficial build to get android 10. I just found this amazing thread which is a way for me to get android 11. :love: Please consider my request. Thanks ;)

Yeah, that's easy -- I dropped G900AZ and S902L during 17.1 bring-up because I wasn't about to formally fork a device tree and create a new build for those devices that needed <M RIL stack without any evidence of a continuing userbase. I have the work already done locally for 17. One commit in that device tree and then importing the vendor blobs will have it done for 18.