[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11] LineageOS 18.1 [T710][T715][T715Y][T810][T815][T815Y]

Search This thread

lpedia

Sep 18, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
HTC 10
Please help with installation of Magisk... I've searched the entire evening, but are still unsure, and frankly also a bit worried... Is https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html#instructions really what I have to do after having installed LOS 18.1 (v 20211103) on my gts210wifi ?
That link is to the "Instructions" within the "Samsung (System-as-root)" section. Note the warning at the top of that section: "If your Samsung device is NOT launched with Android 9.0 or higher, you are reading the wrong section". The 2015 Tab S2 devices were certainly not launched with Android 9 or above.

Use either the general Patching Images instructions or the Custom Recovery instructions on that site. I have successfully installed Magisk on a T710 with LOS 17.1 and 18.1 with both methods.

Try the "Custom Recovery" method first, as it's the simplest.

If that doesn't root the device successfully, use the "Patching Images" instructions. In summary: extract the boot.img file from the LOS ROM zipfile you're using, patch that with the Magisk app, boot to TWRP and flash the patched image to the boot partition, then reboot system.

dynobear

Sep 22, 2010
That link is to the "Instructions" within the "Samsung (System-as-root)" section. Note the warning at the top of that section: "If your Samsung device is NOT launched with Android 9.0 or higher, you are reading the wrong section". The 2015 Tab S2 devices were certainly not launched with Android 9 or above.

Use either the general Patching Images instructions or the Custom Recovery instructions on that site. I have successfully installed Magisk on a T710 with LOS 17.1 and 18.1 with both methods.

Try the "Custom Recovery" method first, as it's the simplest.

If that doesn't root the device successfully, use the "Patching Images" instructions. In summary: extract the boot.img file from the LOS ROM zipfile you're using, patch that with the Magisk app, boot to TWRP and flash the patched image to the boot partition, then reboot system.
Thank you @lpedia and all the others for your kind help, and please apologize if my questions seem so basic.

How can I be sure it worked ? I didn't encounter any errors when following your direction "in summary", but when I run "Check SafetyNet", the attestation failed with basicIntegrity and ctsProfile equals "(-)" and evalType equals BASIC. If the installation worked, what do I need to do next?

lpedia

Sep 18, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
HTC 10
Thank you @lpedia and all the others for your kind help, and please apologize if my questions seem so basic.

How can I be sure it worked ? I didn't encounter any errors when following your direction "in summary", but when I run "Check SafetyNet", the attestation failed with basicIntegrity and ctsProfile equals "(-)" and evalType equals BASIC. If the installation worked, what do I need to do next?
In the Magisk app, above the "check safetynet", there are two sections: "Magisk" and "App". "App" is about the app itself. In the "Magisk" section, if there's a version number next to "Installed", the device has been successfully rooted. Example below (screenshot was not taken from a Tab S2, but it should look similar).

Screenshot_20220126-171939_Trebuchet.png

To make the device pass SafetyNet once it's been rooted, you will need to turn on MagiskHide (in Magisk app Settings). It might be necessary to do other things as well, but try that first. If it doesn't pass immediately after you change the setting, try the test again.

Reactions: dynobear

dynobear

Sep 22, 2010
Thank you @lpedia ! Here is what I ended up doing, hoping for some confirmation or correction...
  1. From TWRP
    1. Clean Flash of ROM and GAPPS, following the instructions at the beginning of thi Thread.
    2. Flash Magisk.apk (I didn't know one could flash an apk file from TWRP)
  2. Boot and run through the setup
  3. Install Magisk.apk, open it, follow the prompt for restart
  4. Turn on MagiskHide from the App Settings
This resulted in SafetyNet sucessfully passing

Anything I missed or did wrong ?

Reactions: lpedia

lpedia

Sep 18, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
HTC 10
Thank you @lpedia ! Here is what I ended up doing, hoping for some confirmation or correction...
  1. From TWRP
    1. Clean Flash of ROM and GAPPS, following the instructions at the beginning of thi Thread.
    2. Flash Magisk.apk (I didn't know one could flash an apk file from TWRP)
  2. Boot and run through the setup
  3. Install Magisk.apk, open it, follow the prompt for restart
  4. Turn on MagiskHide from the App Settings
This resulted in SafetyNet sucessfully passing

Anything I missed or did wrong ?
Sounds like you did all the right things. (y)

dynobear

Sep 22, 2010
Sounds like you did all the right things. (y)
Still, a number of Apps I was able to install before on this SM-T810 continue to show "not available for device", over several different categories :(

For example: "AirEurope" (aviation company), "Mi Fit" (fitness tracker), "Samsung Health" (smart watch), "Revolut" (banking app)

Any ideas / pointers where I should go next?

lpedia

Sep 18, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
HTC 10
Still, a number of Apps I was able to install before on this SM-T810 continue to show "not available for device", over several different categories :(

For example: "AirEurope" (aviation company), "Mi Fit" (fitness tracker), "Samsung Health" (smart watch), "Revolut" (banking app)

I don't have any specific advice about those apps, because I don't use anything similar. Others on this thread might know more, though.

Developers sometimes mark an app as not suitable for tablets simply because they haven't tested it or there are some things that are known not to work properly on tablets. An app might also appear not suitable because it lists as 'required' one or more permissions that aren't relevant to tablets. Such permissions might not be strictly necessary for the app to work.

So ... you could try installing the apps anyway. I've used a few such apps on the T710 with either no or only minor problems (eg not displaying correctly in landscape mode).

Reactions: dynobear

dynobear

Sep 22, 2010
I don't have any specific advice about those apps, because I don't use anything similar. Others on this thread might know more, though.

Developers sometimes mark an app as not suitable for tablets simply because they haven't tested it or there are some things that are known not to work properly on tablets. An app might also appear not suitable because it lists as 'required' one or more permissions that aren't relevant to tablets. Such permissions might not be strictly necessary for the app to work.

So ... you could try installing the apps anyway. I've used a few such apps on the T710 with either no or only minor problems (eg not displaying correctly in landscape mode).
Ok thank you, I get it.

I will search for "Revolut", and the other apps may fall into that category you explained. Thanks again

dynobear

Sep 22, 2010
Confirming lineage-18.1-20211103-UNOFFICIAL-gts210wifi working fine on my SM-T810 as well for a few days now. Thanks again.
@pflyaz I can offer lineage-18.1-20211103-UNOFFICIAL-gts210wifi.
That's what's still on my T810 having no WiFi probs.

Only one issue: SELinux Disabled (reported by Android System Trust). Is it possible to fix it? I searched the this topic, but couldn't find a solution.

lpedia

Sep 18, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
HTC 10
Confirming lineage-18.1-20211103-UNOFFICIAL-gts210wifi working fine on my SM-T810 as well for a few days now. Thanks again.
(y)
Only one issue: SELinux Disabled (reported by Android System Trust). Is it possible to fix it? I searched the this topic, but couldn't find a solution.
You should expect this with most 'unofficial' LineageOS builds, because they are 'works in progress' (and usually produced and supported by devs who don't have a lot of spare time to work on them).

Configuring SELinux policies is complicated and time-consuming, and if policy breaches are being enforced it would be much more difficult to identify and fix other errors in a build under development. With SELinux set to Permissive, actions that would have been policy breaches are allowed, but logged, so (in principle) policies can be progressively defined and debugged without breaking anything else.

If you're interested, Working with SELinux on Android | lineageos.org and Validating SELinux | source.android.com explain some of what's involved.

dynobear

Sep 22, 2010
You should expect this with most 'unofficial' LineageOS builds, because they are 'works in progress' (and usually produced and supported by devs who don't have a lot of spare time to work on them).

Configuring SELinux policies is complicated and time-consuming, and if policy breaches are being enforced it would be much more difficult to identify and fix other errors in a build under development. With SELinux set to Permissive, actions that would have been policy breaches are allowed, but logged, so (in principle) policies can be progressively defined and debugged without breaking anything else.

If you're interested, Working with SELinux on Android | lineageos.org and Validating SELinux | source.android.com explain some of what's involved.
Thank you so much for taking the time to explain so well. Really helps!

dynobear

Sep 22, 2010
Many topics to address so I broke them down into sections. This is a long and lengthy read which will probably take 10 to 15 minutes and there is no TLDR because I believe in giving everyone the same information so they can make an informed decision.

The 5 of us, @ananjaser1211, @lpedia, @Yogi555 and @CuckooPenguin spent almost 1 month to fix these problems and continue to spend time presently on 18.1 so I think it's only fair that people take 10 to 15 minutes to read this post. If people belive this is an unreasonable request, Thank you, and please don't use any of my builds ever.

17.1 PROBLEMS for ROMS BEFORE the August 25 builds.

1. Wifi drops, wifi instability, wifi won't reconnect after sleep or reboot in Anroid 10 (17.1).

lpedia and I spent 5 days researching and testing #1 and presented our findings on Jul 19 on what we thought was a fix for all Android 10 users. This is documented at

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-version-of-android-10.4308193/#post-85353551

The fix was to use the original S2 wifi blobs instead of the S6 ones and that patch was submitted by me and merged into github on Aug 9 by Anan.

The S6 wifi blobs were problematic particularly for people with congested and dual band networks (that is, same ssid on 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz). Several people have reported much better results with using the original stock S2 wifi blobs.

I never had wifi instability problems because I don't have dual band and while my wifi spectrum is crowded, it's stable where I live.

In addition, people running 16.0 or Android 9 never ran into these wifi problems because they were using the stock S2 wifi blobs.

Note: I'm not the person who changed the S2 wifi blobs to S6 so I have no idea why that change was done as it's not documented on github.

2. Daily "random" reboots/crashes or reboot into TWRP or dead battery in the morning in Android 10 (17.1).

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...rs-running-any-version-of-android-10.4308203/

After lpedia and I were confident that wifi was resolved, we moved onto #2. Yogi555 and CuckooPenguin kindly shared their tombstones along with lpedia. The 4 of us then setup a xda group PM and then spent the next 22 days troubleshooting this problem until we found a solution. "Random" is in quotes because with enough tombstone data, we were able to figure out that gnss was crashing.

With the help of ananjaser1211 as a sounding board/ideas throughout the entire 22 days, we eventually figured out that the gnss passthrough implementation was causing the crashes and switching to hardware binder solved the problem. The Samsung proprietary gps.default.so blob
does not work properly in gnss passthrough configuration.

Since I never had this gnss problem because I don't use GPS on my t710, we decided to use the 100+ uptime hour criteria to see if gnss
hwbinder patch was stable. Since the other 3 people had < 24 hour gnss daily crashes (as shown by tombstone data), if they all passed the 100+ hour uptime, then we could say it was fixed.

In fact, @zed011 sent me a PM on Aug 18 saying his t710 with the gnss hwbinder patch + S2 wifi blob patch had 339 hours uptime. Today is Aug 25, so if zed011's t710 is still going, that would be 500+ hours of uptime or 3 weeks without a gnss crash.

In addition, zed011 has another t710s that is running ripee's July 18 build without the 2 patches and it would crash and reboot daily with gnss errors as shown in tombstone.

The gnss hwbinder patch was submitted to github on Aug 4 by me and accepted and merged by Anan the same day.

I have no proof because there are no logs and no one has volunteered any, but I suspect when people report dead battery in the morning it's because gnss is crashing and may cause endless boot animation which means the device is running all night until it drains the battery. This may be dependent on what apps use gps and how those apps behave with gnss crashes because not everyone sees dead battery in the morning.

Others report finding their device in TWRP in the morning and that's because of Android's "rescue party" functionality in 8.0 and higher. If the same process crashes 5 times in < 5 minutes, Android will reboot you into recovery mode and present the option to the user to perform a factory reset. Since most people are using TWRP and not stock recovery, that function doesn't quite work properly.

This all explained in great detail in the github patch at

https://github.com/universal5433/an...mmit/1bbb341259f6aee071d88e4abdce42190fd620a7

18.1 - DON'T GET TOO EXCITED

Before people get too excited about seeing 18.1 builds on ripee's drive, let me explain the past, present and future of 18.1 because all of this information was done via xda group PM.

Yes, I got the initial 18.1 up and running on my t170 on Aug 11. Like any first boot, it had problems that needed to be fixed. We, the same group, worked through most of those and they are documented in my github.

Functionally, it does the same as Q/Android 10, but we are only on hour 50+ of our uptime 18.1 testing as of Aug 25. So at minimum, we have to wait another 2 days of uptime to get to 100+ to ensure that gnss hwbinder works/stable in 18.1 as it does in 17.1 testing. We have 2 people with t710 and 2 with t810. I cannot participate in the 100+ hour testing because I never had gnss crashes and I'm working on other 18.1 things with S2.

Having said that, the 18.1 builds that I publicly share were used by myself first as a "daily driver" for 4 months and a select group of highly advanced users. Of course, anyone is free to take my github sources and build their own 18.1 rom, but at this point, it's really early in the 18.1 build process. I would consider my 18.1 build as ALPHA.

If people depend highly on their S2 device for important things, it's best that to stay on 17.1 with the LineageOS Aug 25 build which has the gnss hwbinder and S2 wifi blob patches. With those 2 patches, it addresses the 2 most common reported stability issues over the last 8 to 12 months. I have verified the 2 patches are indeed in the t710 Aug 25 build so they should be in all the Aug 25 builds.

While those 2 patches are in 18.1, 18.1 just doesn't have the same amount of field testing as 17.1. In addition, the last major bug to be fixed in 18.1 was constant lmkd spam and it took several days to track down and was uploaded to my github on Aug 21. The lmkd spam bug is only present in 18.1 on exynos5433 devices (including Anan's note 4) due to changes in Android 11 and do not affect Android 10. The fix was to modify some kernel files to pass SCM_CREDENTIALS so that lmkd is happy. The fix (9 commits in all) is documented on Aug 21 at

https://github.com/universal5433/android_kernel_samsung_universal5433/commits/lineage-18.1

There are still these issues in 18.1 as of Aug 25. People, PLEASE DO NOT ask for an ETA. It does not help and is a waste of our time to answer.

1. Fingerprint (fp) unlock does not work after device goes into deep sleep
. This does not work in 17.1 either. I tried fp unlock in CM 12, LineageOS 14.1, 16.0, 17.1 and 18.1 and none of them work after deep sleep.

Deep sleep is likely 10 seconds after your device's screen goes blank. That is, when the device screen goes blank, you can use fp to unlock if
you do it under 5 seconds immediately after it goes blank. If it's more than 10 seconds after the screen goes blank, fp unlock does not work. This is the same in 17.1 and 18.1.

Let me explain deep sleep because most people will think of deep sleep in human terms as being in the middle of the night or REM sleep. First, download a free app called devcheck by flar2 from

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=flar2.devcheck

It's ad free and written by a XDA person here, but it's not open source. I use it on all my devices.

After it's been downloaded (only 6MB file) and installed, look at the dashboard tab. At the bottom, it shows uptime and deep sleep. Note that.
Close/kill devcheck and reboot your device. Open devcheck. It will show something like 35 seconds uptime and 0 seconds sleep. Now close/kill devcheck app again and let device goto sleep by itself and don't touch anything (for most people that means about waiting 1 minute). After the screen goes blank, wait 60 seconds, then wake up your device. Open devcheck again. You should see something like 2 minutes 35 seconds uptime and 50 seconds deep sleep.

The entire reason I explain how deep sleep works is because we found out that if you keep the device from entering deep sleep, using the fp
to unlock the device works. If you are one of those people who has fp working after deep sleep, you may have an app that prevents your device from reaching true deep sleep. Sure, the screen is off and you don't have a dead battery in the morning, but your device might be silently working at 400Mhz which you can verify by using devcheck and touching the CPU status.

True deep sleep might give you 2 weeks of standby. Assuming the same device, battery condition and usage, a CPU running at 400Mhz might give 10 days of standby.

To further test our theory of fp unlock working if it doesn't go into deep sleep, we used apps or programs to keep the S2 from deep sleep. That is, the screen would be off giving the appearance it's in deep sleep, but the CPU is running at 400Mhz. Even after several minutes, fp unlock would work.

What we don't know is how much battery savings is lost between deep sleep and 400Mhz. Is it 1% a day? 5% a day? 10% a day? We don't know.

And yes, we have tried fixing fp unlock in 17.1 and 18.1 with a variety of code changes, but nothing has worked yet.

So if you absolutely need fp unlock to work, DO NOT USE 17.1 or 18.1 as-is. If you desperately need this feature to work, you are welcome to look at the github public source code and help find a solution.

2. RIL or LTE/3G/4G (SM-T715, SM-T815)

I do not own any S2 ril or LTE/3G/4G devices and neither does anyone in our group of 4. There's been zero work and testing in that area. It's likely broken and doesn't work in 18.1. I CANNOT test or build for things that I do not own. Let me repeat that for those who will run into problems with 18.1 LTE/3G/4G, I CANNOT test or build for things that I do not own. That's the last word I will have to say on this topic.

3. adbd start before boot animation (asbba) - almost a famous musical group

In order for builders/coders/developers to debug code, we need adb (Android Debug Bridge) to work. Adbd is the daemon. Adbd MUST start before the boot animation process, or asbba I coined it. because a lot of problems, including bringing up 18.1, are stuck at boot animation. I need to be able to see text debug messages on my PC/console in order to fix them.

Without asbba, the device displays the boot animation forever, but I have ZERO text on my PC/console and I have NO IDEA where the OS is stuck at.

Like fp unlock bug, asbba does not work in any build including CM 12, LineageOS 14.1, 16.0, 17.1 and 18.1. Anan reports that asbba does not work in Note 4 either so it's a common problem to exynos5433 code/devices.

This won't affect 99.99% of the users, but without asbba, further development will be significantly slowed down. For example, gnss hwbinder would have been implemented a LOT QUICKER into the code, but the first attempt incorporating the change led to stuck at boot animation with ZERO adb logcat output because asbba was/is not working. It wasn't until a few days later that the correct code combination was found so that gnss hwbinder could boot. It's all documented in the github gnss patch.

4. DRM for $treaming services

Let me be clear. I don't have any $treaming services.

The DRM is L3 as shown by devcheck. I have worked on this area before and I will say that it will likely NEVER BE L1. That means you will see your $treaming services in SD resolution, not HD.

Getting L1 means working around encryption with old, outdated proprietary Samsung blobs that have not been updated in several years. If you need L1, stay with whatever rom you are using that has L1. If you want L1 working in 17.1 or 18.1, the source code is available on github for you to look at and come up with a solution. So like LTE/3G/4G, let repeat that for those who will run into problems with expectations of L1, I CANNOT test or build for things that I do not own.

5. Sepolicy or selinux enforcing

Sepolicy or selinux enforcing is passive or not enabled in 17.1 and 18.1. In order to have this enabled or enforcing, asbba NEEDS to be working first in order to get logs because the OS will be stuck at boot animation if the sepolices are not written correctly. Yes, some developers/coders could probably write a sepolicy, probably over 200 to 300 lines of code, on paper and it will work 1st try. However, I'm not a coder or developer.

The sepolices MUST be compiled into code. You cannot simply enable it by hacking a prop or using some magisk module and have a booting OS.

6. TCP error messages in logcat - patch not yet uploaded to github.

I have seen those same TCP info error logs in my 18.1 Tab A/E.

@ripee, The 18.1 Aug 24/25 builds by ripee will NOT have this TCP/IP patch. I have no idea how 18.1 will work in terms of networking without this patch. Some people may have problems, some may not.

There is a fix for TCP/IP error messages which is already patched into our 18.1 uptime test builds, but that fix has NOT been uploaded to github because there's 2 ways to fix it. And we want to make sure that it works over 100+ uptime hours.

The 2 ways are: modifying the kernel code or adding some lines to TcpSocketTracker.java. I chose the latter as per

https://github.com/DerpFest-11/pack...mmit/22fd53a977eeaf4e36be7bf6358ecf2c2737fa5e

It came out of this thread (thanks to Henrick Grimler for pointing this out to me).

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...g-galaxy-s5-klte.4209545/page-2#post-84211093

This DerpFest patch has been in my Tab A/E 18.1 devices since late March 2021 so it should be fine for S2 devices.

Implementing the patch into the kernel is another possibility, but I have not chosen that route as I'm not a kernel expert and the DerpFest patch was much easier to implement. However, I know exynos 5420 team has implemented the kernel patch and it works fine. Henrick did the patches.

7. SD card is significantly SLOWER in 18.1 vs 17.1

Yogi555 reported that sd card is significantly SLOWER in 18.1 vs 17.1. By a factor of 10x slower depending on the app. lpedia researched and found that this might be due to storage changes in Android 11 as per

https://medium.com/androiddevelopers/android-11-storage-faq-78cefea52b7c

If you have lots of apps/data on your sd card, you may want to read the above and decide before hand if there's an update for your app or
you can move it to internal storage. There's no "fix" in 18.1 code for the above.

How can people help

1. If you report random crashes in 17.1
with the Aug 25 build or later, you MUST include tombstone data and put it into the thread that is already open for random crashes. The same goes for any "random" crashes in 18.1.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...rs-running-any-version-of-android-10.4308203/

NO tombstone data = 0% chance of getting "random" reboots fixed. I guarantee that.

The Aug 25 17.1 builds have both the gnss hwbinder and S2 wifi blobs patch.

2. If you can read code, you don't need to be an Android developer, let me know if you want to volunteer to help chase down some bugs reported above. Send me a PM and I will discuss this with you.

3. Be reasonable and realistic about 18.1. Again, it just got up and running on Aug 11 (2 weeks ago) and there's still lots of testing, cleaning out old 17.1 code, bugs to be fixed, etc . Be aware of the outstanding issues, 7 currently, and be prepared to accept the FACT they may NEVER be solved due to Samsung proprietary blobs, the lack of volunteer time from people, the difficulty of the reading/understanding/maintaining 7+ year old code, responsibilites in real life like family, friends, free time, work, pandemic, etc.

4. Do some homework and research before posting. No one likes seeing more FAQs like which TWRP do I use? Does magisk work? When will feature xyz be fixed? In my own rom threads which I started, I post a lengthy FAQ and will NOT respond to any posts that are already addressed in the FAQ. It's obvious to me who has and hasn't read the FAQ and done any homework or research. We put in 100s of hours of work into these builds FOR FREE and if people can't spend 10 minutes to read my FAQ to get > 100's hour of enjoyment, they should look for alternatives.

Note: small edits are being made to grammar, typos as I re-read. Clarifications will be made with the strikeout font. Thank you.
Regarding the WiFi issues in the latests builds, I found the above post from last year and was wondering if something similar could be the issue. Of course I'm lacking the experience to test this out, but I thought maybe it could help... but probably @ripee did already check that anyways, so feel free to ignore.

Last edited:
Reactions: parkersweb

schnoeselmeier

Mar 19, 2016
Chiang Mai
I installed LOS18 today. Everything seems to work fine except for the known microphone issue. Also I didn't pass safety net. There is no more Magisk Hide. Can someone please advise what to do?

halloarno

Aug 31, 2014
Zuidlaren
If you have rooted with Magsik and not updated to the latest Magisk (magisk hide is removed from latest version), enable magisk hide for the apps, clear data for the app, google playstore (and not sure if needed, but cant hurt: clear data for google playservices).
Reboot
I have Revolut running with succes.

TimDawgz

Dec 31, 2021

I would suggest trying BiTGapps instead of OpenGapps.

I didn't spend much time trying to troubleshoot my OpenGapps install, but I had issues with GPS not working, several apps not showing up in the Play Store or showing up as incompatible or showing up but would fail during installation.

After switching over the BiTGapps, those issues were solved, without installing Magisk. I was even able to install Netflix directly from the Play Store, which I think is pretty much understood to be an APK install under OpenGapps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ... or know where I can get the factory one back. I already wasn't using the tablet because nothing would update anymore and google play store kept crashing. If it's bricked it's bricked, but I was hoping someone might have some direction. I do see some other threads that have rom's but I'm not sure if there is something different I need to do to not make the situation worse.
    Stock Samsung firmware for all devices is available from https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/. You'll need to use Odin to flash it to the device, because TWRP doesn't handle restoring from stock firmware packages.
    image17.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. If you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    * [B][U]Your warranty is now void.[/U][/B]
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

(Please read them BEFORE posting anything in the thread!)
    Q: Whenever I try flashing any lineage-18.1 build, I get the following error in TWRP: Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
    A: This error appears whenever you try to flash an Q-based rom within a version of TWRP older than 3.5. Simply flash the linked below version 3.5 or higher, reboot back into recovery, and flash the rom zip again.

Q: Will any of the variants ever receive official builds from LineageOS?
    A: In short, no. The reason is that, in order to get a modern version of Android working properly on an ageing device some legacy commits needed to have been re-introduced into the current source branch. These include a fix for something as fundamental as Wi-Fi.

Q: How often will new builds be released?
    A: At least once per month: as soon as possible after each new Android security patch level is merged and whenever a new feature is added or a bug is fixed.

ROMs
    - SM-T710: gts28wifi

- SM-T715/Y: gts28ltexx

- SM-T810: gts210wifi

- SM-T815/Y: gts210ltexx

Open GApps

Magisk

If your currently installed ROM is any version of either: stock Samsung TouchWiz, LineageOS, CyanogenMod, or any other custom ROM, you must perform a clean install of that LineageOS 18.1 variant, which corresponds to the model of your tablet!

How to flash LineageOS and Open GApps
    FULL WIPE (with external microsd card)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to your External MicroSD Card – ! Or you will lose them !
    2. Download your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package,
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the external MicroSD storage,
    4. Boot into Recovery Mode,
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache,
    6. Swipe to Wipe at Bottom of Screen,
    7. Back to Main start screen,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner,
    10. Go Back to Main Start Screen to Install Rom and GApps,
    11. After you have finished installing the Rom and GApps > Wipe Cache/Dalvik > Swipe to Wipe,
    12. Reboot System! Enjoy!

FULL WIPE (without external microsd card with NO Home PC access)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to a safe folder - ! Or you will lose them !
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the internal storage,
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Cache,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner
    11. After you have finished installing the Rom and GApps > Wipe Cache/Dalvik > Swipe to Wipe,

FULL WIPE (without external microsd card with Home PC access)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to your Home PC - ! Or you will lose them !
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the internal storage,
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Cache,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner,
    13. Once first boot is completed you can safely move your files back onto your Internal Storage.

Typically if you do not do a Clean Install then you are not allowed to report errors or problems. If you Dirty Install and you do have problems then you will be asked to Wipe All and Clean Install and see if the problems still exist. This is a DAILY changing rom and any bug that you found was not working on the previous day's build may be fixed with todays daily build. On a side note, the code implemented to fix that bug could potentially break something that worked on that previous build. So reporting problems on a day old build that you dirty flashed over whichever build of whichever rom you had flashed previously will not be accepted as a true error.

Problems known to happen after a Dirty Installation
    1. A muddled up mess of a system. You are taking a rom and installing a newer rom with changes over the top of your old rom. Between these two periods of time during which you used your tablet and created data, changed system options, and used apps. This is absolutely increasing the risk of causing problems somewhere in the system/data partitions. Some people have luck with Dirty Flashing. However, it's always hit-and-miss because of what we mentioned above about bug fixes breaking previously working functions. Dirty flashing doesn't only create problems if the source code of the system data and the system settings of the new build are significantly different from those of your previous build. That's not to say that Clean Installing won't ever create problems, but only bugs present on a Cleanly Installed rom are relevant for development purposes.

* Clean Install: Fully wiping everything and installing the rom onto a fully clean system/data partition of the tablet.

* Dirty Install: Installing the rom and GApps over top of the older rom to save time and not have to reinstall all the user apps and tweaking system and app settings that usually take a lot of time to set up as you like.

Bugs
    - The microphone is able to record sound, but the sound is very faint. This is due to Samsung's proprietary drivers, as determined by Skulldron.
    - T710 & T715/Y: Camera viewfinder is misaligned with the dimentions of the display, such that the shutter button is almost off the screen
    - You tell us!

Changelog
    All major features and bug fixes are discussed in detail by the developers in the thread, whenever they are implemented. All builds include the latest upstream Changes for all devices from LineageOS.

Credits
    - bonuzzz, McFy, Skulldron, RaymanFX, CTXz, T_I, and every other open source developer and tester who contributes directly or indirectly to the LineageOS community in the development of and in providing feedback for the gts28ltexx, gts28wifi, gts210ltexx, and gts210wifi.

Sources
    - LineageOS
    - universal5433

XDA:DevDB Information

LineageOS 18.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

Contributors
    ripee, ananjaser1211
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 11
    Stable Release Date: 2021-09-17

Created 2018-12-15
    Last Updated 2020-12-29
    Changelog

Build 0813 for all variants
    * August security patch level.
    * Synced with LineageOS sources.

Please don't ask about deep sleep.
    Changelog

Build 0418 for all variants
    * April security patch level.
    Changelog

Build 1101 for all variants
    Changelog

Build 0924 for all variants
    * Update to the latest version of the Lineage audio hardware HAL
    * Fix memory issues (with improved LowMemoryKiller and swap)
    * Fix random shutdowns due to low memory after long useage
    * Set the minimum GPU frequency to 160
    * Set the GPU to be always online (due to lack of HWC, this fixes performance issues)
    * Massive improvements to LiveDisplay (ColorProfile, DisplayMode (night/day), Color temperature, Outdoor mode and Color Calibration support)
    * Fix Samsung vnswap
    * Add missing uvented permissions in ramdisk
    * Add custom power.rc
    * Other performance improvements

The above are courtesy of @ananjaser1211