[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11] LineageOS 18.1 [T710][T715][T715Y][T810][T815][T815Y]

Search This thread

ripee

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Aug 25, 2014
drive.google.com
@ripee, Andrew or Tom

First of all thank you very much for your greater contribution and to keeping one of the best hardware alive for this long.

Let me introduce myself, I Deepthi have over 35+ years of s/w development experience with strong Java experience from 1996.

I have some understanding about Android and build few test apps while back.

As I am getting more free time since my kids are old enough, I m planning to join LineageOS community to support development.

To start with, I like to locally build https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_samsung_gts28ltexx.git.

However I am unable to find manifest file for above? Will you be able to point me to the manifest file and/or let me know the steps to build this specific version.

I just upgraded my VM to Ubuntu 22.04, so if you see any known issue, appreciate let know.

Lastly, what s the process of getting ROM, official, I am happy to spend my time and get this device to mainstream official device list (if that is possible)

Looking forward to get your reply.
Our device sources are under the other link in the OP, universal5433. If you would like a script to automate the setup up of your build environment on Ubuntu 22, see my GitHub: https://github.com/ripee/scripts.

Official support is a waste of time for most devs since Lineage's standards are very high and almost impossible to achieve on old devices such as these tablets.

deepthifdo

Apr 30, 2022
@ripee
First of all thank you very much for your greater contribution and to keeping one of the best hardware alive for this long.

Let me introduce myself, I Deepthi have over 35+ years of s/w development experience with strong Java experience from 1996.

I have some understanding about Android and build few test apps while back.

As I am getting more free time since my kids are old enough, I m planning to join LineageOS community to support development.

To start with, I like to locally build https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_samsung_gts28ltexx.git.

However I am unable to find manifest file for above? Will you be able to point me to the manifest file and/or let me know the steps to build this specific version.

I just upgraded my VM to Ubuntu 22.04, so if you see any known issue, appreciate let know.

Lastly, what s the process of getting ROM, official, I am happy to spend my time and get this device to mainstream official device list (if that is possible)

Looking forward to get your reply.

Our device sources are under the other link in the OP, universal5433. If you would like a script to automate the setup up of your build environment on Ubuntu 22, see my GitHub: https://github.com/ripee/scripts.

Official support is a waste of time for most devs since Lineage's standards are very high and almost impossible to achieve on old devices such as these tablets.
@ripee Thank you very much for your quick response, also do you hav avd export for me to use for build purpose?

lpedia

Sep 18, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
HTC 10
Is there anything about the 813 that makes it not a candidate for this build?
Yes. The chipset, CPUs, and GPU of the 2015 and 2016 Galaxy Tab S2s are different. This ROM suits only the 2015 Tab S2 hardware. The 813 is a 2016 Tab S2.

From https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_tab_s2_9_7-7438.php

1652665041466.png

1652664389065.png

garfieldf

Jul 10, 2010
Other T815 With no ril. Its a great rom, very fast, but for my isnt work. ¿Where i can find the previus version, LOS 17.1 T815 with LTE working fine?
Thaks a lot for all your work

headzy

Dec 9, 2009
Any link for 17.1 T715 guys?
As this one glitches graphics in games and tab gets very hot.

some1tech

May 22, 2022
Hi, I am a normal user that decided to share back his experience, hoping to help other people moving from stock to custom ROM.

Device = T815 running stock Nougat (no Root), also known as GTS210ltexx

STEPS

(!) Start with full battery and get the best USB cable you have. This process requires external SD (or aternatively USB OTG)
Click on build name of your ROM until it says you are a developer.
Back once and click on developers' option menu to enable USB debugging and OEM unlock (if OEM unlock is not present, skip it)
Download and install the latest Samsung USB drivers from a trustable source
Download the latest TWRP custom recovery file for your model and put it to external SD and also to PC desktop
Download the proper version of the ROM you want, Gapps (if needed), Magisk and DFE (last file is to prevent encryption), and put it to external SD
Connect the tablet at least once (with device on, normally) and wait that Windows has it fully recognised and working
Shut down the tablet for at least 5 seconds
Install the latest version of Odin (link in wikipedia) and execute it as admin
Turn on the tablet in download mode (Volume Down + Home + Power), then volume Up when you get the warning to continue
Plug it with cable and check that Odin states "ADDED" in a small blue square on the left
Load in Odin the *.tar file of your recovery (from PC) in the second field, in the tab options keep the tick to Reset Timer, (untick auto reboot)
Click Start and wait until the end, it should state "PASSED" on PC. If it fails, repeat the process once more.
Once it is done, please, DO NOT reboot the unit, it will overwrite the recovery, but do the following.
Plug the tablet to charging in the same mode it was before. Wait that shows the charging animation. Force turn it off with Volume down + Power until fully Off
Turn it on again after 10 seconds, with Volume Up + Power to load TWRP (recovery). Swipe to allow system modification if prompted.
Now you are in TWRP !
Backup the default selection to External SD
(!) Be sure the recovery reads your external SD with all the files you need
Start with wipes: system and both caches. Then format DATA (confirm with yes, if requested)
Flash in this order: ROM, Gapps (if needed), DFE. Flash Magisk after first boot to stay safer.
Reboot system and WAIT, first boot takes longer, do not touch it for a while also after loading, give it 5 mins

My result is that I have Lineage OS running on the Tab S2 without any knox alert
Do not use or store fingerprint for a smoother experience.
thanks man, it worked totally fine without enable the unlock oem option (because it was missing, can't find it on developers mode).. oh anyway, I'am using T710 8.0 flashed from stock rom Nougat 7.0 .. I'm followed your instuctions and succed.. Thanks a ton!! It's greatly helped my problem before hahah... cheerss

• Love
Reactions: phaleg

thaichow

Jun 23, 2022
hey , i want to perform a factory reset after some time i have installed this rom will there be any issue or bootloop ?

Johnybeas

Feb 6, 2011
I've got a T817T I've read some places that it's the same as T815 can anyone confirm this? is there a different rom for my tablet?

Johnybeas

Feb 6, 2011
Bit of searching would have led you to the answer in this! thread.
Thanks with so many pages I ended up missing that I guess.

So I had followed the steps for "FULL WIPE (without external microsd card with Home PC access)" in order to do a "clean install" and wiped everything including the backup that was of the factory setup not even thinking, hey it's on the same partition. Now I can only load TWRP and the Samsung boot screen and it doesn't go further. (this was all before I posted in here) I had tried loading the Image from the 815 and It said it was invalid. So I unzipped the main folder and just loaded the zipped folder inside and it went but said it failed to update system E1001 error. I ended up getting an SD card to see if perhaps it was just not liking where it was loading from. Same issue. Then I checked here and saw your post.

@ripee or any of you have a rom that will work for the T817T or know where I can get the factory one back. I already wasn't using the tablet because nothing would update anymore and google play store kept crashing. If it's bricked it's bricked, but I was hoping someone might have some direction. I do see some other threads that have rom's but I'm not sure if there is something different I need to do to not make the situation worse.

Johnybeas

Feb 6, 2011
To elaborate on installing SM-T815/Y: gts210ltexx on T817T:

Starting from stock Android 7.0

Backup all your data!

Enable OEM Unlock, if it isn't already
Boot to Download Mode
Use Odin3 to flash twrp-3.6.0_9-0-gts210ltexx.img.tar
Boot to Recovery Mode
Swipe to allow modifications

Make a full backup of all partitions using TWRP and copy it to your PC or somewhere off your tablet!

Wipe, Advanced Wipe, select Dalvik/ART Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache, then Swipe to Wipe
Back, Back, Format Data, type yes, click checkmark to continue.

Go Back, Back, Back, Mount, Only need to select Data, click Mount USB Storage
Connect to PC via USB
Copy lineage-18.1-20211209-UNOFFICIAL-gts210ltexx.zip to Internal Storage
Copy boot.img from lineage-18.1-20211209-UNOFFICIAL-gts210ltexx.zip to Internal Storage
Copy new.system.img to Internal Storage (to get this file, use system.new.dat.br Extractor Tool, url: https://www.droidwin.com/extract-system-new-dat-br-and-system-new-dat-files)
Copy Magisk-v23.0.zip to Internal Storage

Click Unmount in TWRP
Select to mount System

Back, Install, choose lineage-18.1-20211209-UNOFFICIAL-gts210ltexx.zip, Swipe to confirm Flash, it will fail
Go back, click Install Image, choose boot.img, select Boot, Swipe to confirm Flash

Go Back, Back, Back, Mount, select System to mount it again
Go Back, Advanced, Terminal, type the below commands:
rm -r /system/*
mkdir /tmp/sys
mount /sdcard/new.system.img /tmp/sys
cp -R /tmp/sys/* /system/

Go Back, Back, Install, choose Magisk-v23.0.zip, Swipe to confirm Flash
Reboot System
I see you did this with earlier versions of the files. Do you still have them?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    image17.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. If you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    * [B][U]Your warranty is now void.[/U][/B]
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

(Please read them BEFORE posting anything in the thread!)
    Q: Whenever I try flashing any lineage-18.1 build, I get the following error in TWRP: Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
    A: This error appears whenever you try to flash an Q-based rom within a version of TWRP older than 3.5. Simply flash the linked below version 3.5 or higher, reboot back into recovery, and flash the rom zip again.

Q: Will any of the variants ever receive official builds from LineageOS?
    A: In short, no. The reason is that, in order to get a modern version of Android working properly on an ageing device some legacy commits needed to have been re-introduced into the current source branch. These include a fix for something as fundamental as Wi-Fi.

Q: How often will new builds be released?
    A: At least once per month: as soon as possible after each new Android security patch level is merged and whenever a new feature is added or a bug is fixed.

ROMs
    - SM-T710: gts28wifi

- SM-T715/Y: gts28ltexx

- SM-T810: gts210wifi

- SM-T815/Y: gts210ltexx

Open GApps

Magisk

If your currently installed ROM is any version of either: stock Samsung TouchWiz, LineageOS, CyanogenMod, or any other custom ROM, you must perform a clean install of that LineageOS 18.1 variant, which corresponds to the model of your tablet!

How to flash LineageOS and Open GApps
    FULL WIPE (with external microsd card)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to your External MicroSD Card – ! Or you will lose them !
    2. Download your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package,
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the external MicroSD storage,
    4. Boot into Recovery Mode,
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache,
    6. Swipe to Wipe at Bottom of Screen,
    7. Back to Main start screen,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner,
    10. Go Back to Main Start Screen to Install Rom and GApps,
    11. After you have finished installing the Rom and GApps > Wipe Cache/Dalvik > Swipe to Wipe,
    12. Reboot System! Enjoy!

FULL WIPE (without external microsd card with NO Home PC access)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to a safe folder - ! Or you will lose them !
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the internal storage,
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Cache,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner
    11. After you have finished installing the Rom and GApps > Wipe Cache/Dalvik > Swipe to Wipe,

FULL WIPE (without external microsd card with Home PC access)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to your Home PC - ! Or you will lose them !
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the internal storage,
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Cache,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner,
    13. Once first boot is completed you can safely move your files back onto your Internal Storage.

Typically if you do not do a Clean Install then you are not allowed to report errors or problems. If you Dirty Install and you do have problems then you will be asked to Wipe All and Clean Install and see if the problems still exist. This is a DAILY changing rom and any bug that you found was not working on the previous day's build may be fixed with todays daily build. On a side note, the code implemented to fix that bug could potentially break something that worked on that previous build. So reporting problems on a day old build that you dirty flashed over whichever build of whichever rom you had flashed previously will not be accepted as a true error.

Problems known to happen after a Dirty Installation
    1. A muddled up mess of a system. You are taking a rom and installing a newer rom with changes over the top of your old rom. Between these two periods of time during which you used your tablet and created data, changed system options, and used apps. This is absolutely increasing the risk of causing problems somewhere in the system/data partitions. Some people have luck with Dirty Flashing. However, it's always hit-and-miss because of what we mentioned above about bug fixes breaking previously working functions. Dirty flashing doesn't only create problems if the source code of the system data and the system settings of the new build are significantly different from those of your previous build. That's not to say that Clean Installing won't ever create problems, but only bugs present on a Cleanly Installed rom are relevant for development purposes.

* Clean Install: Fully wiping everything and installing the rom onto a fully clean system/data partition of the tablet.

* Dirty Install: Installing the rom and GApps over top of the older rom to save time and not have to reinstall all the user apps and tweaking system and app settings that usually take a lot of time to set up as you like.

Bugs
    - The microphone is able to record sound, but the sound is very faint. This is due to Samsung's proprietary drivers, as determined by Skulldron.
    - T710 & T715/Y: Camera viewfinder is misaligned with the dimentions of the display, such that the shutter button is almost off the screen
    - You tell us!

Changelog
    All major features and bug fixes are discussed in detail by the developers in the thread, whenever they are implemented. All builds include the latest upstream Changes for all devices from LineageOS.

Credits
    - bonuzzz, McFy, Skulldron, RaymanFX, CTXz, T_I, and every other open source developer and tester who contributes directly or indirectly to the LineageOS community in the development of and in providing feedback for the gts28ltexx, gts28wifi, gts210ltexx, and gts210wifi.

Sources
    - LineageOS
    - universal5433

XDA:DevDB Information

LineageOS 18.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

Contributors
    ripee, ananjaser1211
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 11
    Stable Release Date: 2021-09-17

Created 2018-12-15
    Last Updated 2020-12-29
    Changelog

Build 0813 for all variants
    * August security patch level.
    * Synced with LineageOS sources.

Please don't ask about deep sleep.
    Changelog

Build 0418 for all variants
    * April security patch level.
    Changelog

Build 1101 for all variants
    Changelog

Build 0924 for all variants
    * Update to the latest version of the Lineage audio hardware HAL
    * Fix memory issues (with improved LowMemoryKiller and swap)
    * Fix random shutdowns due to low memory after long useage
    * Set the minimum GPU frequency to 160
    * Set the GPU to be always online (due to lack of HWC, this fixes performance issues)
    * Massive improvements to LiveDisplay (ColorProfile, DisplayMode (night/day), Color temperature, Outdoor mode and Color Calibration support)
    * Fix Samsung vnswap
    * Add missing uvented permissions in ramdisk
    * Add custom power.rc
    * Other performance improvements

The above are courtesy of @ananjaser1211