[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11] LineageOS 18.1 [tblte][trlte][trlteduos]

Search This thread

johnbelloh

Jan 3, 2013
Dayton
18.1-20211107 TBLTE attached. This is the last working ROM prior to the T-Mobile data issue.

Attachments

• lineage-18.1-20211107-UNOFFICIAL-trlte.zip
    508.2 MB · Views: 323

johnbelloh

Jan 3, 2013
Dayton
18.1-20211107 TBLTE attached. This is the last working ROM prior to the T-Mobile data issue.
If it is any help to the developers. Both the official Lineage ROMs for the S4 and S5 work with T-Mobile. If someone could apply the same code to the Note 4 we possibly could get the note 4s working as phones. I have been using my old S5 as a daily driver with my T-Mobile SIM card.

fuadkhan

Feb 19, 2022
If somebody has the 18.1-20211107 last stable build tblte version, please be so kind as to share a link! Desperately need it! Regards

minime@xda

May 13, 2010
I can confirm this behavior too. Signal loss when switching towers on my way to and from work. That started with late July builds, I skipped some. Not HW related (I have 3 Note4) and not network related, stock works just fine as does 0630.
So it's a couple of months later and I could not stand the signal loss and lack of re-connect of my
N910T (T-Mobile) anymore.
Ripee obviously has retired and the best working version he left is the one from Nov/07/2021.
There is no activity around the N910T (either working very well or given up for good?) and I was on the edge of tossing mine in the drawer.
But then I came across a discussion about modems and that there is an updated version -2020-
referenced somewhere by TMO.
https://www.t-mobile.com/support/de...note-4/software-updates-samsung-galaxy-note-4.
I unpacked both of the 910 and 915 firmware and found that only the modem.bin included in 915
has a date of 09/03/2020.
I thought to just flash the 915 modem.bin on top of my current installation but could not get
Odin to do that. Not modem.bin nor modem.tar (converted with WinZip/WinRar/7-Zip).
Tried that with most available versions of Odin.
I ended up flashing the entire 915 firmware from the Odin CP slot hoping it would just transfer the modem as someone suggested in this forum. What really happened was Odin finished the install successfully but my device would not start beyond the TMO start page.
Now I restored my latest Nandroid backup (with TWRP) and MODEM de-selected in the list on top of the 915 firmware. And I'm a happy camper. The signal strength is better than ever, I have reception in former dead zones and no signal loss on my daily drive.
I cannot say if the new (915) modem is responsible for the improvement (the files inside the bin are no different from 910) or if a new flash corrected something in Ripee's Nov/07/2021 LOS18.1.
But at least I'm confident to lift some of you who still hang on to N910T out of depression.
If you know how to flash the modem only -onto an existing installation- please don't hold back.
I want to run this thing for another year or two.

Reactions: breversa

johnbelloh

Jan 3, 2013
Dayton
I can't, I'm no help.
Ripee - I was able to flash the standard T-Mobile ROM. Still no SIM support. I updated T-Mobile via WIFI and they installed a new baseband that supports voice over LTE. My old note 4 is making calls now. I'll drive with 6.1 for a few days and then flash your 11/7 build and see if it will work with the new baseband. Thanks for all your years of work on the note 4.

johnbelloh

Jan 3, 2013
Dayton
Ripee - I was able to flash the standard T-Mobile ROM. Still no SIM support. I updated T-Mobile via WIFI and they installed a new baseband that supports voice over LTE. My old note 4 is making calls now. I'll drive with 6.1 for a few days and then flash your 11/7 build and see if it will work with the new baseband. Thanks for all your years of work on the note 4.

johnbelloh

Jan 3, 2013
Dayton
Good news for note 4 T-Mobile users. T-Mobile has a new baseband update N910TUVU2ETI1 . It allows the 11/7 ROM to use voice over LTE. I could not find a free standing baseband download. I had to install the last stock ROM that does NOT include the new baseband. Once you have the stock ROM running with no sim support just use WIFI and select update. The stock rom will update to the new baseband. You can then reinstall TWRP and do a nandroid restore of Ripee's 11/7 build. Good Luck. The note 4 lives on!

minime@xda

May 13, 2010
Good news for note 4 T-Mobile users. T-Mobile has a new baseband update N910TUVU2ETI1 . It allows the 11/7 ROM to use voice over LTE. I could not find a free standing baseband download. I had to install the last stock ROM that does NOT include the new baseband. Once you have the stock ROM running with no sim support just use WIFI and select update. The stock rom will update to the new baseband. You can then reinstall TWRP and do a nandroid restore of Ripee's 11/7 build. Good Luck. The note 4 lives on!
See my post a few clicks up.
I extracted the baseband (modem.bin) from the 915 firmware but could not figure out how to
flash it onto ripee's 11/07/21.
So I did the stock firmware (915, not 910) and then a nandroid restore of 11/07/21 -modem excluded.
If you know how to flash a modem only....let me know.

johnbelloh

Jan 3, 2013
Dayton
See my post a few clicks up.
I extracted the baseband (modem.bin) from the 915 firmware but could not figure out how to
flash it onto ripee's 11/07/21.
So I did the stock firmware (915, not 910) and then a nandroid restore of 11/07/21 -modem excluded.
If you know how to flash a modem only....let me know.

I have the new modem installed on both my SM-N910T phones running Ripee's 11/07 build. TWRP has the ability to make a backup of just the modem. Could you restore it to another phone?

minime@xda

May 13, 2010
I have the new modem installed on both my SM-N910T phones running Ripee's 11/07 build. TWRP has the ability to make a backup of just the modem. Could you restore it to another phone?
The new modem.bin from the N910T firmware has the same size and date 2017 as it has in old tar archives. So I doubt its new. I used modem.bin from the N915T which has a date of 2020 and works great for me. And no haven't tried with another phone yet because I don't know what to do with the modem.bin to flash it. Odin did not work and for TWRP I need a zip. Currently still testing the first one -my daily driver - in the mean while I need to figure out the modem flash...with TWRP. Hint please....
So what "new" modem did you use?
What changed?
I don't care about VOLTE abilities and I suspect that a re-flash of any modem would have fixed my radio problems. But I find out soon with my other two N910T.

gw1024gb

May 15, 2020
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 7 (2013)
你好,我的 N9100 trlteduos twrp:更新程序进程以 error1 结束
因此?

Translated by GT: Hello, my N9100 trlteduos twrp: updater process ended with error1
therefore?

_20220306_142402.JPG _20220306_142425.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

DjDiabolik

Jun 25, 2014
I have an issue whit Charcing.

Today my phone as reach about 30% of his charge. For purpose test from Los 18.1 i have switched off.
Wait about 10 seconds and attach the USB Cable................. it's appears a YELLOW TEXT in upper left corner it's say:
Set Warranly Bit : Kernel

A relative BIG GREY battery it's appears on center of screen whit a little WHITE BOLT inside of it.

My SM-N910F it's remain STUCK in this situation and i don't know if my phone it's in charcing or not........

How i can fix it ???

It's a LOS BUG ?

1q3er5

Mar 4, 2012
Coquitlam
damn this phone is still going strong in 20 fkng 22 - i've had this beast for 7 years and after seeing all this activity still I'm wonder if i should just keep chuggin' along 😂 i feel like SSD inside my phone is slowing down - pretty slow to load up from a reboot. hmm what to do...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Today my old german SM-915F was flashed into a new dimension.
    Many thanks to @ripee, excellent job!
    image17.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. If you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    * [B][U]Your warranty is now void.[/U][/B]
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

(Please read them BEFORE posting anything in the thread!)
    Q: Whenever I try flashing any lineage-18.1 build, I get the following error in TWRP: Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
    A: This error appears whenever you try to flash an Oreo-based rom within a version of TWRP older than 3.5. Simply flash the linked below version 3.5 or higher, reboot back into recovery, and flash the rom zip again.

Q:Will any of the variants receive official builds from LineageOS?
    A: In short, no. While official support would certainly add credibility to our work, there is absolutely no reason to believe that unofficial builds are any less secure or stable than official ones. Naturally all the bugs listed below would first need to be fixed, but still the process of submitting and maintaining official support is very time-consuming and not something I, for one, am unable to make such a commitment.
    Note to Junior Members: It is frowned upon in the XDA community to ask for ETA's on builds, features, bug fixes, or other improvements to the code or its functionality.

Q: Why is my phone warmer/hotter and the battery noticeably drained after flashing a build?
    A: The wipe process that is a part of the installation procedure deletes some important configuration data, ie. BATTERYSTATS, which keep track of the battery's power level. These data ensure a balanced power management profile for all the hardware components of your phone. This is normal and nothing to worry about at all. Your battery drain will return to normal within a day or two.

If, however, you notice increased battery drain over a few days, check your signal. Android automatically re-directs battery power to the antennas to compensate for a weak signal from the tower to which your phone is connected at that time. If your signal is strong, check the following:
    1) You missed one of the Wipe steps in the flashing procedure.
    2) You are running an old bootloader or modem. Flash the most recent one listed for your variant under the links in the TWRP thread. Note: Use the "AP" button in Odin to flash ripee's combined BL_CP tar files.
    3) How old is your battery? Official replacement Samsung batteries typically last around 1 year if you recharge them regularly, ie. once a day. Since the Note 4 is almost 6 years old, it is normal for your original battery to start failing, but official Samsung batteries should not cost more than USD 20 nowadays.
    4) If all else fails, start over! Go through the entire installation procedure, including flashing a stock Marshmallow build, and going from there. Do NOT skip any steps this time!

Q. Flashing a build failed with the message "eMMC Write Fail".
    A. This is the infamous embedded Multi-Media Controller bug that indicates that your internal flash memory is dead or dying. Do NOT try any tricks or crazy ideas to fix it, as they are all hoaxes! The ONLY way to get rid of it is to open your phone up and replace its logic board. :p

[Official] Note 4 Verizon Bootloader Unlock
    - ryanbg

Open GApps

ROMs
    - SM-N910F/G/P/R4/T/T3/V/W8: trlte
    - SM-N9100ZC/ZH/6W/9W: trlteduos
    - SM-N915F/G/P/R4/T/W8: tblte

Magisk

SPenCommand

- It is against XDA Developers rules to post links to paid apps and games. Please find this app on your own if you wish to use it.

WipeTelephonyProviderData
    - hsbadr

If your currently installed ROM is any version of either: stock Samsung TouchWiz, LineageOS, CyanogenMod, or any other custom ROM, you must perform a clean install of that LineageOS 18.1 variant, which corresponds to the model of your phone!

How to flash LineageOS and Open GApps
    FULL WIPE (with external microsd card)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to your External MicroSD Card – ! Or you will lose them !
    2. Download your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package,
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the external MicroSD storage,
    4. Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold volume up, Home, and Power button for 1 second after the vibration),
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache,
    6. Swipe to Wipe at Bottom of Screen,
    7. Back to Main start screen,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner,
    10. Go Back to Main Start Screen to Install Rom and GApps,
    11. After you have finished installing the Rom and GApps > Wipe Cache/Dalvik > Swipe to Wipe,
    12. Reboot System! Enjoy!

FULL WIPE (without external microsd card with NO Home PC access)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to a safe folder - ! Or you will lose them !
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the internal storage,
    4. Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold volume up, Home, and Power button for 1 second after the vibration),
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Cache,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner
    11. After you have finished installing the Rom and GApps > Wipe Cache/Dalvik > Swipe to Wipe,

FULL WIPE (without external microsd card with Home PC access)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to your Home PC - ! Or you will lose them !
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the internal storage,
    4. Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold volume up, Home, and Power button for 1 second after the vibrate),
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner,
    13. Once first boot is completed you can safely move your files back onto your Internal Storage.

Important information about stock S Pen functionality!
    The apps, libraries, and drivers that allow for the advanced S Pen-based functions in stock TouchWiz and TouchWiz-based custom roms WILL NEVER BE INCLUDED IN ANY AOSP-BASED ROMS due to their proprietary nature. The scope of these functions goes beyond simple vendor blobs and enters the realm of 3rd party intellectual property licensed to Samsung. The S Pen does work in all AOSP-based custom roms, however it acts simply as an alternative input device. Various open source 3rd party apps are available that take advantage of the Note 4's stylus (see above), but their functionality is a fraction of that of stock TouchWiz.

Typically if you do not do a Clean Install then you are not allowed to report errors or problems. If you Dirty Install and you do have problems then you will be asked to Wipe All and Clean Install and see if the problems still exist. This is a DAILY changing rom and any bug that you found was not working on the previous day's build may be fixed with todays daily build. On a side note, the code implemented to fix that bug could potentially break something that worked on that previous build. So reporting problems on a day old build that you dirty flashed over whichever build of whichever rom you had flashed previously will not be accepted as a true error.

Problems known to happen after a Dirty Installation
    1. A muddled up mess of a system. You are taking a rom and installing a newer rom with changes over the top of your old rom. Between these two periods of time during which you used your phone and created data, changed system options, and used apps. This is absolutely increasing the risk of causing problems somewhere in the system/data partitions. Some people have luck with Dirty Flashing. However, it's always hit-and-miss because of what we mentioned above about bug fixes breaking previously working functions. Dirty flashing doesn't only create problems if the source code of the system data and the system settings of the new build are significantly different from those of your previous build. That's not to say that Clean Installing won't ever create problems, but only bugs present on a Cleanly Installed rom are relevant for development purposes.

* Clean Install: Fully wiping everything and installing the rom onto a fully clean system/data partition of the phone.

* Dirty Install: Installing the rom and GApps over top of the older rom to save time and not have to reinstall all the user apps and tweaking system and app settings that usually take a lot of time to set up as you like.

Bugs
    - When the phone is powered off from Lineage and the battery is not removed, the battery charge will fall at an approximate rate of 2% per hour of time that the phone is powered off without the battery having been removed since it was powered off. This does not occcur when powering off from TWRP, having first powered up to TWRP or rebooted to TWRP from Lineage. It also does not occur if the battery is removed from the phone before being put back in, either after powering off from Lineage or being pulled out while Lineage is running. This bug has affected the apq8084 chipset since Oreo (as described by the S5 Plus community, which uses the same chipset). However, the S5 Plus had received official lineage-15.1 and 16.0 support despite being affected by this bug. Furthermore, we have deduced that it must be caused by one or more of the 652 commits that separate the Nougat and Oreo kernel branches. We will never have the time to go through each and every one of these commits to fix this bug outright, but we are always open to suggestions.
    - If NFC is turned off when the phone is booted up, the NFC toggle will freeze in the "off" position and remain off until the phone is rebooted. If NFC is turned on when the phone is booted up, the NFC toggle will function properly to turn NFC both on and off. However, if NFC is turned off and the phone is rebooted, this bug will reappear.
    - The 2nd SIM slot does not work in any trlteduos variant.
    - VoLTE is not supported, and will not be supported for the foreseeable future.
    - You tell us!

Changelog
    All major features and bug fixes are discussed in detail by the developers in the thread, whenever they are implemented. All builds include the latest upstream Changes for all devices from LineageOS.

Credits
    - Our resident Developer Emeritus fattire, Elektroschmock for his work on shamu (Nexus 6), and every other open source developer and user who contributes directly or indirectly to the LineageOS community in the development of and in providing feedback for the tblte, trlte, and trlteduos.

Sources
    - LineageOS
    - apq8084

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 18.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    ripee, Inkypen, logosA, ghostwheel, ananjaser1211, khalvat, tripLr
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Marshmallow for your variant.

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 11
    Stable Release Date: 2021-04-14

Created 2020-03-16
    Last Updated 2021-04-15
    Join us on Telegram!

LineageOS is part of the triplr_dev_users
    group, courtesy of tripLr.
    Changelog

Builds 0421 for all variants
    * Fingerprint sensor is fixed.
    * Increased microphone levels to improve video recording, courtesy of Telegram user AomineDaiki87.
    * Synced with LineageOS sources.
    Changelog

Builds 0322 for all variants
    * trlte-common: Enable comp backpressure. This is supposed to improve the overall smoothness of the rom.
    Changelog

Builds 0329 for all variants
    * Video playback in Chrome, YouTube, etc., is fixed by removing the widevine instance from the manifest.