[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11] LineageOS 18.1 [tblte][trlte][trlteduos]

Search This thread

HHick123

Mar 12, 2019
Hi, the new version works great (thanks to ripee!!).

Phone: trlte Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM910F
Baseband: N910FXXU1DRI1
Version: 18.1-20221214-UNOFFICIAL-trlte
Magisk 25.2

I uninstalled the Camera app with the Magisk module De-bloater and use OpenCamera. Some months ago (with a previous 18.1 version I had problems in both apps when they were installed side by side).

The only remaining problem I had (I do not care about the battery drain thing, I dont even notice it), was that the GPS did not work well for me. After a lot of trial and error,

EDIT 20230108:
I found a setting of gps.conf, that works for me:
The GPS still does not work well enough...

My gps.conf file only consists of the following lines (reading a bit in "Android Code Search" it turned out that a lot of the other lines that are common in this file - there are a lot of postings about gps.conf around in the internet - are either wrong for this hardware or default anyway). So my gps.conf file - after a lot of trial and error - only consists of these 4 lines :

XTRA_SERVER_1=http://gllto.glpals.com/2day/v5/latest/lto2.dat

INTERMEDIATE_POS=1

ACCURACY_THRES=5000

NMEA_PROVIDER=1

EDIT 20230108:
I am not sure, if it uses the XTRA server at all...

Outdoors I get a fix in approximately 30-55 seconds, and it uses not only US, but also Chinese and Russian satellites. Indoors it depends, sometimes I have a fix, sometimes not (but I think this is normal for a 2014 phone).
EDIT 20230108:
This is true (as seen with the GPSTest App), but only when the device previously figured out, where it is. I tried it, when traveling to different cities during christmas holidays. It takes 30min to 2hours to get the first fix... And this is definitly too long for practical use.

I edited the gps.conf file using the app "termux" from f-droid store by the following linux commands:

su
mount --remount / -rw
cd /system/etc
nano gps.conf

I think there existed also a file called, gps_debug.conf (with a similar content as gps.conf) at the same path, which I deleted, because I was not sure, if it overrides the settings and it worked for me without it.

It would be advisable to make copies of these conf files first. i.e.:

cp gps.conf gps.conf.old
cp gps_debug.conf gps_debug.conf.old

One thought remains: When looking at the log from logcat, I see an error message, the says that it cannot find a file called "secgps.conf" and defaults are used (I beleive this would be an additional config file located in /data/gps but this folder does also not exist). I dont know if this could be uses for further hardwarespecific tuning, but on the other hand maybe defaults are ok...

Regards, Helmut

Last edited:

GIOR1

Aug 21, 2022
hi guys i just installed the Phone version: trlte Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM910F
Baseband: N910FXXU1DRI1
Version: 18.1-20221214-UNOFFICIAL-trlte

everything ok is fine the only thing found is the battery drain when the device is off and the wi-fi block if the device is turned off and then on again but otherwise everything seems perfect thanks

psidinamico

Jan 2, 2023
Argentina
Millions of thanks for the latest version updated to December 15, 2022, of android 11 aosp lineage 18.1. It works perfectly on my Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915G.
- 4G+, LTE, works perfectly, Bluetooth, Cast screen to TV (screen mirrow).
- The audio of the microphone, much better than in the official stock ROM of Samsung with original android 6.0.1.
- It is missing to activate in the application for phone calls, the video phone call function, icon that Samsung under the key * (asterisk), of the telephone numeric keypad, and to the left of the standard audio phone call icon.
-The camera works fine, but it can crash sporadically, if the HDR function is activated, or if the stabilization is activated, but downloading the Open Camera application, it works correctly.
- 4k video resolution does not work (nor does the option appear), nor does 1080p video work at 60 frames, these resolutions do not work in the Open Camera application either.
- It works fine, the video at 1080p at 30 frames, from the main and front camera.
- The wifi access point (hotpot) function works perfectly in the 5 Ghz band.
Everything else works perfectly. It works smoothly, fast, even TikTok works perfectly fine.

It would be good if they add a link to somewhere where you can install the functions of the Spen, the air command of the pencil, and the sidebar.
The battery meter does not work correctly, which never reaches 100%. It only reaches 100%, if loaded in TRWP recovery mode.

This is the December 15, 2022 ROM that I installed on my Galaxy Note Edge: “lineage-18.1-20221215-UNOFFICIAL-tblte.zip”, so far the one that works best. (It even works better than Havoc 4.x, from 2021)

On the other hand, the latest stock rom from Samsung for my Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915G, is the Taiwan rom, built at the end of 2018, of Android 6.01, and it works fine. All apps including original Tiktok work. It's just not as fluid, and it consumes the battery faster. Disabling webview, and installing firefox, as default browser, everything works fine
Screenshot_20230102-025802_Trebuchet.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230102-024741_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20230102-024741_Trebuchet.png
    141.6 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

psidinamico

Jan 2, 2023
Argentina
Millions of thanks for the latest version updated to December 15, 2022, of android 11 aosp lineage 18.1. It works perfectly on my Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915G, 4G+, LTE, works perfectly, Bluetooth, Cast screen to TV (screen mirrow), Microphone audio much better than in the official Samsung stock ROM with android 6.0.1 original. You just need to activate the gsm phone video call function in the phone call application. The camera works fine but it may fail if HDR function is activated, but by downloading the Open Camera app, it works fine. Neither does 4k video resolution work, nor does 1080p video at 60 frames work, if it works fine, 1080p video at 30 frames, from the main camera. Everything else works perfectly. It works smoothly, fast, even TikTok works perfectly fine. It would be good if they add a link to somewhere where you can install the functions of the Spen, the air command of the pencil, and the sidebar.
This is the December 15, 2022 ROM that I installed on my Galaxy Note Edge: “lineage-18.1-20221215-UNOFFICIAL-tblte.zip”

louisJJ

Oct 3, 2010
Hey guys,
so the bluetooth microphone volume is fixed on the last version it seems ?
(I love LineageOS and ripee's work, but I need the bluetooth headset to work for my work)

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2023
I think I will go back to the original system
Why not report what you are experiencing to Ripee? The man has done so much work to keep our beloved note 4's afloat that I am pretty sure he would like to complete that work if / when someone finds a bug like you have, especially since he has this rom running 99.99% absolutely amazingly on a nearly 10 year old piece of hardware! That is no easy feat! If you go back to the beginning of this thread (or even back to when he was working on previous versions of Lineage for these phones) you will see there were literally dozens and dozens of (probably 40 or 50 if you count each incompatibility over the coarse of that whole time) errors and glitches and imperfections and he has nearly single handedly fixed every one of them! I have never met the man in person but based on what I am seeing from his work, I can tell he is not the type of man to put thousands (or at minimum hundreds) of hours into a project and into fixing bugs only to quit working on it right as it is 99.99% perfect with one last glitch of the bluetooth mic's having unusably low volume! I could be wrong but reading through nearly 100 pages of his responses I do not think I am and not because of some virtue of mine but because of his work and his responses speaking for themselves! Anyhow I would encourage you both to help him complete his project by making sure you did a clean install (like he asks you to if you want to submit a bug) and bring it to his attention rather than just typing a half of a sentence complaint at the end of the thread without any of the information rippe has asked people to submit throughout this whole thread! Btw I mean this with all due respect for you both as well as I know we are all busy.

GIOR1

Aug 21, 2022
Hello, I did not say that the rom is not perfect indeed it is very much appreciated and I thank those who have worked so hard to perfect it, in some of my previous posts I reported the bugs encountered such as battery drain when the device is off Bluetooth which disconnects often the sim that disconnects saying no sim, even doing a clean install. By solving these last problems it would be perfect in all its beauty and functionality ps: my device is the n910f.

Jan 12, 2023
Hello, I did not say that the rom is not perfect indeed it is very much appreciated and I thank those who have worked so hard to perfect it, in some of my previous posts I reported the bugs encountered such as battery drain when the device is off Bluetooth which disconnects often the sim that disconnects saying no sim, even doing a clean install. By solving these last problems it would be perfect in all its beauty and functionality ps: my device is the n910f.
Good Point, I stand corrected. I did not realize it but you did report much to him. Over the last 3 days I read through every page and the usernames started to blur together but one thing I noticed that I always found a bit frustrating is when people would make small 1 line comments complaining about something without recording in an error report the exact details and often times even not giving hardly any information that Ripee can actually use to actually try and fix it, so because of that I probably came off a tad irritable so I apologize. At any rate though you are correct.

Reactions: GIOR1

louisJJ

Oct 3, 2010
nope, still instable bluetooth and low mic volume, unusable to make calls with headset....to bad.
Hey, big thanks to @ripee, who does an amazing job.
On my side, I have a N910F, and I clean installed the last few versions (included the last one) and the bluetooth headset is not usable to make calls (which is a deal breaker for me if not working) because the people can't hear me speak (low mic volume), whereas it works perfectly with stock 6.0.1. I tested on two different N910F, in Europe.
Can I add more information to report ?

Thanks

Hi. My phone (upon 18.1 installation) states that it's an SM-N9100ZH model. That's a Hong Kong Duos model, my understanding is. The second SIM reader doesn't show signs of existence. Not even as an empty slot. Whatever additional technical details are needed, I will provide. I am not obsessed with having the latest android, just as long as the ROM functionality is to the fullest possible support of device capability. I am an avid S-Pen user, other than that I'd be content with stock ROM if only it weren't that a number of apps require more than 7.0
Oh, and yes, there's a reason I have a dual sim device: I use both networks so that one is a must. Thank you for your attention, folks.

ORELx

Aug 17, 2016
Veletiny
good day . I want to ask . I tried several Roms but the camera was bad on each one. HDR on off and the flash then the camera reports an error. unable to connect to camera. you don't know what to do with it? thank you for the advice .

HHick123

Mar 12, 2019
Regarding the camera: You could try to uninstall "Camera" via the magisk module "De-bloater" (i.e. from F-Droid store) and use "OpenCamera". But the uninstall is necessary (they do not work properly side-by-side). This worked for me in the past.

Regards, Helmut

ORELx

Aug 17, 2016
Veletiny
camera uninstalled and opencamera works. but some applications report that the camera is not available. tested on android 9,10,11 crDroid, Lineage, Havoc-OS and others. can't opencamera be put into the system to use the default?

davixim

Jan 14, 2023
Hi,
big thanks to @ripee for this ROM. I will test it in the coming days
For the moment, I wanted to share my experience

I flashed TWRP in december 2022 and the lastest Havoc rom in my n910f but after few days, the phone did not want to start without removing the battery for more than 1 hour. I thought it was a bug related to flashing TWRP or the new rom but it seems to be a hardware problem as someone said it in a previous post and in the following blog :

The hack with cardboard in the blog worked for me (I used aluminum foil instead to keep the heat dissipation of the chip). Hope this works for a while...

psidinamico

Jan 2, 2023
Argentina
Hola, chicos
Entonces, el volumen del micrófono Bluetooth está fijo en la última versión, parece?
(Me encanta el trabajo de LineageOS y ripee, pero necesito los auriculares bluetooth para trabajar para mi trabajo)
La última rom, la del 14 o 15 de diciembre de 2022, funciona correctamente en dispositivos Bluetooth, el micrófono funciona bien. Esta es la mejor rom hasta ahora para el SM-N915G

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    On my Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915G, TBLTE firmware, it flashes and works perfectly, and like its brother Note 4 SM-N910G, it contains the same hardware (snapdragom 805, and adreno 420), but you must install the variant of TRLTE firmware, being the best of the AOSP custom firmwares, which they created for this device, so far. It would be good if they developed the AOSP version of Android 14 for this phone.
    If I had good coding and development skills for software and apps I would create nightly builds of Lineage 20 and 21 Android 13/Android 14 for the Trtle series, maybe Android 12L builds too
    Today my old german SM-915F was flashed into a new dimension.
    Many thanks to @ripee, excellent job!
    image17.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. If you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    * [B][U]Your warranty is now void.[/U][/B]
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

(Please read them BEFORE posting anything in the thread!)
    Q: Whenever I try flashing any lineage-18.1 build, I get the following error in TWRP: Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
    A: This error appears whenever you try to flash an Oreo-based rom within a version of TWRP older than 3.5. Simply flash the linked below version 3.5 or higher, reboot back into recovery, and flash the rom zip again.

Q:Will any of the variants receive official builds from LineageOS?
    A: In short, no. While official support would certainly add credibility to our work, there is absolutely no reason to believe that unofficial builds are any less secure or stable than official ones. Naturally all the bugs listed below would first need to be fixed, but still the process of submitting and maintaining official support is very time-consuming and not something I, for one, am unable to make such a commitment.
    Note to Junior Members: It is frowned upon in the XDA community to ask for ETA's on builds, features, bug fixes, or other improvements to the code or its functionality.

Q: Why is my phone warmer/hotter and the battery noticeably drained after flashing a build?
    A: The wipe process that is a part of the installation procedure deletes some important configuration data, ie. BATTERYSTATS, which keep track of the battery's power level. These data ensure a balanced power management profile for all the hardware components of your phone. This is normal and nothing to worry about at all. Your battery drain will return to normal within a day or two.

If, however, you notice increased battery drain over a few days, check your signal. Android automatically re-directs battery power to the antennas to compensate for a weak signal from the tower to which your phone is connected at that time. If your signal is strong, check the following:
    1) You missed one of the Wipe steps in the flashing procedure.
    2) You are running an old bootloader or modem. Flash the most recent one listed for your variant under the links in the TWRP thread. Note: Use the "AP" button in Odin to flash ripee's combined BL_CP tar files.
    3) How old is your battery? Official replacement Samsung batteries typically last around 1 year if you recharge them regularly, ie. once a day. Since the Note 4 is almost 6 years old, it is normal for your original battery to start failing, but official Samsung batteries should not cost more than USD 20 nowadays.
    4) If all else fails, start over! Go through the entire installation procedure, including flashing a stock Marshmallow build, and going from there. Do NOT skip any steps this time!

Q. Flashing a build failed with the message "eMMC Write Fail".
    A. This is the infamous embedded Multi-Media Controller bug that indicates that your internal flash memory is dead or dying. Do NOT try any tricks or crazy ideas to fix it, as they are all hoaxes! The ONLY way to get rid of it is to open your phone up and replace its logic board. :p

[Official] Note 4 Verizon Bootloader Unlock
    - ryanbg

Open GApps

ROMs
    - SM-N910F/G/P/R4/T/T3/V/W8: trlte
    - SM-N9100ZC/ZH/6W/9W: trlteduos
    - SM-N915F/G/P/R4/T/W8: tblte

Magisk

SPenCommand

- It is against XDA Developers rules to post links to paid apps and games. Please find this app on your own if you wish to use it.

WipeTelephonyProviderData
    - hsbadr

If your currently installed ROM is any version of either: stock Samsung TouchWiz, LineageOS, CyanogenMod, or any other custom ROM, you must perform a clean install of that LineageOS 18.1 variant, which corresponds to the model of your phone!

How to flash LineageOS and Open GApps
    FULL WIPE (with external microsd card)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to your External MicroSD Card – ! Or you will lose them !
    2. Download your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package,
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the external MicroSD storage,
    4. Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold volume up, Home, and Power button for 1 second after the vibration),
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache,
    6. Swipe to Wipe at Bottom of Screen,
    7. Back to Main start screen,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner,
    10. Go Back to Main Start Screen to Install Rom and GApps,
    11. After you have finished installing the Rom and GApps > Wipe Cache/Dalvik > Swipe to Wipe,
    12. Reboot System! Enjoy!

FULL WIPE (without external microsd card with NO Home PC access)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to a safe folder - ! Or you will lose them !
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the internal storage,
    4. Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold volume up, Home, and Power button for 1 second after the vibration),
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Cache,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner
    11. After you have finished installing the Rom and GApps > Wipe Cache/Dalvik > Swipe to Wipe,

FULL WIPE (without external microsd card with Home PC access)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to your Home PC - ! Or you will lose them !
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the internal storage,
    4. Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold volume up, Home, and Power button for 1 second after the vibrate),
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner,
    13. Once first boot is completed you can safely move your files back onto your Internal Storage.

Important information about stock S Pen functionality!
    The apps, libraries, and drivers that allow for the advanced S Pen-based functions in stock TouchWiz and TouchWiz-based custom roms WILL NEVER BE INCLUDED IN ANY AOSP-BASED ROMS due to their proprietary nature. The scope of these functions goes beyond simple vendor blobs and enters the realm of 3rd party intellectual property licensed to Samsung. The S Pen does work in all AOSP-based custom roms, however it acts simply as an alternative input device. Various open source 3rd party apps are available that take advantage of the Note 4's stylus (see above), but their functionality is a fraction of that of stock TouchWiz.

Typically if you do not do a Clean Install then you are not allowed to report errors or problems. If you Dirty Install and you do have problems then you will be asked to Wipe All and Clean Install and see if the problems still exist. This is a DAILY changing rom and any bug that you found was not working on the previous day's build may be fixed with todays daily build. On a side note, the code implemented to fix that bug could potentially break something that worked on that previous build. So reporting problems on a day old build that you dirty flashed over whichever build of whichever rom you had flashed previously will not be accepted as a true error.

Problems known to happen after a Dirty Installation
    1. A muddled up mess of a system. You are taking a rom and installing a newer rom with changes over the top of your old rom. Between these two periods of time during which you used your phone and created data, changed system options, and used apps. This is absolutely increasing the risk of causing problems somewhere in the system/data partitions. Some people have luck with Dirty Flashing. However, it's always hit-and-miss because of what we mentioned above about bug fixes breaking previously working functions. Dirty flashing doesn't only create problems if the source code of the system data and the system settings of the new build are significantly different from those of your previous build. That's not to say that Clean Installing won't ever create problems, but only bugs present on a Cleanly Installed rom are relevant for development purposes.

* Clean Install: Fully wiping everything and installing the rom onto a fully clean system/data partition of the phone.

* Dirty Install: Installing the rom and GApps over top of the older rom to save time and not have to reinstall all the user apps and tweaking system and app settings that usually take a lot of time to set up as you like.

Bugs
    - When the phone is powered off from Lineage and the battery is not removed, the battery charge will fall at an approximate rate of 2% per hour of time that the phone is powered off without the battery having been removed since it was powered off. This does not occcur when powering off from TWRP, having first powered up to TWRP or rebooted to TWRP from Lineage. It also does not occur if the battery is removed from the phone before being put back in, either after powering off from Lineage or being pulled out while Lineage is running. This bug has affected the apq8084 chipset since Oreo (as described by the S5 Plus community, which uses the same chipset). However, the S5 Plus had received official lineage-15.1 and 16.0 support despite being affected by this bug. Furthermore, we have deduced that it must be caused by one or more of the 652 commits that separate the Nougat and Oreo kernel branches. We will never have the time to go through each and every one of these commits to fix this bug outright, but we are always open to suggestions.
    - If NFC is turned off when the phone is booted up, the NFC toggle will freeze in the "off" position and remain off until the phone is rebooted. If NFC is turned on when the phone is booted up, the NFC toggle will function properly to turn NFC both on and off. However, if NFC is turned off and the phone is rebooted, this bug will reappear.
    - The 2nd SIM slot does not work in any trlteduos variant.
    - VoLTE is not supported, and will not be supported for the foreseeable future.
    - You tell us!

Changelog
    All major features and bug fixes are discussed in detail by the developers in the thread, whenever they are implemented. All builds include the latest upstream Changes for all devices from LineageOS.

Credits
    - Our resident Developer Emeritus fattire, Elektroschmock for his work on shamu (Nexus 6), and every other open source developer and user who contributes directly or indirectly to the LineageOS community in the development of and in providing feedback for the tblte, trlte, and trlteduos.

Sources
    - LineageOS
    - apq8084

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 18.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    ripee, Inkypen, logosA, ghostwheel, ananjaser1211, khalvat, tripLr
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Marshmallow for your variant.

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 11
    Stable Release Date: 2021-04-14

Created 2020-03-16
    Last Updated 2021-04-15
    Join us on Telegram!

LineageOS is part of the triplr_dev_users
    group, courtesy of tripLr.
    Changelog

Builds 0421 for all variants
    * Fingerprint sensor is fixed.
    * Increased microphone levels to improve video recording, courtesy of Telegram user AomineDaiki87.
    * Synced with LineageOS sources.
    Changelog

Builds 0322 for all variants
    * trlte-common: Enable comp backpressure. This is supposed to improve the overall smoothness of the rom.
    Changelog

Builds 0329 for all variants
    * Video playback in Chrome, YouTube, etc., is fixed by removing the widevine instance from the manifest.