[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11] LineageOS 18.1 [tblte][trlte][trlteduos]

Search This thread

diabl0w

Mar 5, 2015
is anyone developing kernels for aosp 10 for our devices? loving this rom but the performance is quite bad, can't play autochess it is just too laggy. rooted TW marshmallow runs the game fine. confirmed with benchmarks where LOS17.1 is running at only about 60-70% of the performance that I can get from stock kernel

edit: prime benchmark scores for LOS are in the 8,000's while stock kernels are getting scores over 13,000

edit2: the gpu is performing just as well or even better on LOS from openGL benchmarks, so it seems that it is just a really bad cpu issue, mostly with multithreading

update: @ripee so I didn't think this would actually change anything but switching to "ondemand" cpu governor made a HUGE difference. both in benchmarks and in real world experience. maybe there is an issue with the interactive governor implementation?

Last edited:
Reactions: barywsf
Twrp 3.4.0.0 installed. I successfully installed rom, Gapps, magisk, and wiped telephony in twrp. I noticed my battery level go from 100% down to 20-40 or so in a matter of minutes then shuts down. It was bad battery cells so I replaced the battery with an extended one. The extended battery is 7500mAh but on cpu-z it says its somewhere in the low 3k's. Is there a way to change the mAh that is being displayed? A system file that I can edit or a zip file I can flash to show the correct calibration? The battery life reflects the 7500mAh accordingly but I would love for it to be recognized system wide.

Attachments

• 20201207_220317.jpg
    20201207_220317.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 57
  • 20201207_220257.jpg
    20201207_220257.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 54
  • 20201207_220249.jpg
    20201207_220249.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 47
  • 20201207_220237.jpg
    20201207_220237.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 45
  • 20201207_220222.jpg
    20201207_220222.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 42

prkfsz

Jun 16, 2020
New guy here.
First i want to thank @ripee for your hard work and thus helping keep this awesome device alive. I have been using your 16.1 sometimes on one of my devices and i really appreciate your work! (y)

Now trying to make 17.1 work (1017 build) and be my daily driver. I can say my Note 4 has never felt so snappy! It's functionality is basically quite sufficient for my needs, that are quite basic. I find battery issue not so bad and it doesn't really bother me. However the sim card issue is rather bad. After couple of days use it just starts not recognizing the sim card. At first rebooting helps, then switching the flight mode on and off, but shortly after nothing helps anymore. Not even factory reset. Tried another sim, same result.
Came directly from 6.0, clean flash, altho i didn't update modem and bootloader before flashing. The motherboard has been replaced on the phone, i remember it was from Orange.

I did update modem and bootloader at last and was about to reflash the 17.1 and then noticed that there is a new build 1205 so i am of course going to try that one out. Tried to download it for couple of days now but i always get the message that the downloading quota has been exceeded. Am i doing something wrong? Tried three different browsers and always the same thing.
Should i wait couple of more days or is there anything i can do to download it right away?

Reactions: tripLr

logosA

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2013
Heraklion Crete
New guy here.
First i want to thank @ripee for your hard work and thus helping keep this awesome device alive. I have been using your 16.1 sometimes on one of my devices and i really appreciate your work! (y)

Now trying to make 17.1 work (1017 build) and be my daily driver. I can say my Note 4 has never felt so snappy! It's functionality is basically quite sufficient for my needs, that are quite basic. I find battery issue not so bad and it doesn't really bother me. However the sim card issue is rather bad. After couple of days use it just starts not recognizing the sim card. At first rebooting helps, then switching the flight mode on and off, but shortly after nothing helps anymore. Not even factory reset. Tried another sim, same result.
Came directly from 6.0, clean flash, altho i didn't update modem and bootloader before flashing. The motherboard has been replaced on the phone, i remember it was from Orange.

I did update modem and bootloader at last and was about to reflash the 17.1 and then noticed that there is a new build 1205 so i am of course going to try that one out. Tried to download it for couple of days now but i always get the message that the downloading quota has been exceeded. Am i doing something wrong? Tried three different browsers and always the same thing.

Should i wait couple of more days or is there anything i can do to download it right away?

FIRST OF ALL
If you cant still download the rom from Drive, try to import the zip file to your drive
click on it and in the upper right menu of the drive find a ''add to my drive'' or ''add shortcut to my drive''
after that from MY DRIVE, you will be able to download the rom without the limitations anymore

About ''no sim card'' notification
I have found out the flashing this little zip (WipeTelephonyProviderData) in TWRP and boot up, seems to help in detecting sim card by the phone.
Give it a try
It wont heart your phone, its safe, I have tried it and you can open it and inspect what exactly its wiping in order to help your phone detect the sim card

****WARNING*** some user has reported that after using this script, lost connections entirely in his phone. Not sure it was script fault, as it did worked for many others, but keep in mind it can happen, so be sure you want to take the risk

Attachments

• WipeTelephonyProviderData.zip
    124.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: prkfsz

SeaFargo

Feb 24, 2011
Rome
rvd.it
When I am not using my phone, I remove the battery. A bit of a hassle but the ROM is solid.
I use 📱 TWPR turn off feature instead. ;)

By the way should be interesting to wite down an .sh that reboot in recovery mode and automatically run a second script to shut down. In that way you can tap an icon and have the phone properly switched off. Maybe even many force-off command works for what concerns the power off battery drain issue but isn't safe to force-off, obviously.

Reactions: barywsf

SeaFargo

Feb 24, 2011
Rome
rvd.it
Is there a way to change the mAh that is being displayed?
First of all I have some difficult to belive the new battery really is 7500mAh!! More than a double of capacity inside the same space ... :rolleyes: hum.... Anyway before changing the system settings I would make an affrodable and effective mAh evaluation 🔋. You can use the poowerfull and root compliant 3C Battery Manager ;).

prkfsz

Jun 16, 2020
FIRST OF ALL
If you cant still download the rom from Drive, try to import the zip file to your drive
click on it and in the upper right menu of the drive find a ''add to my drive'' or ''add shortcut to my drive''
after that from MY DRIVE, you will be able to download the rom without the limitations anymore

I have found out the flashing this little zip (WipeTelephonyProviderData) in TWRP and boot up, seems to help in detecting sim card by the phone.
Give it a try
It wont heart your phone, its safe, I have tried it and you can open it and inspect what exactly its wiping in order to help your phone detect the sim card

Thank you very much for the advice, @logosA. I was on my way to try and then i tried one more time directly from the downloading link and it went. Thanx anyway.
Will try and give your file a go too, thanx for that as well! (y)

First of all I have some difficult to belive the new battery really is 7500mAh!! More than a double of capacity inside the same space ... :rolleyes: hum.... Anyway before changing the system settings I would make an affrodable and effective mAh evaluation 🔋. You can use the poowerfull and root compliant 3C Battery Manager ;).

Here is a better picture of the battery in case your vision is impaired. I normally only buy electronics and accessories that can be verified as what is being listed. I am using 3c AIO toolbox pro to configure the battery and I will run some tests tomorrow after I recharge and recalibrate.

Attachments

• 16074691292208409035996837292106.jpg
    16074691292208409035996837292106.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 55
  • 16074691667907554080115288881847.jpg
    16074691667907554080115288881847.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
Reactions: diabl0w

prkfsz

Jun 16, 2020
FIRST OF ALL

Give it a try

@logosA What the HELL was that script you suggested?? :mad::mad:
After i twrped it the phone lost ALL service. Before i flashed it there was a small cross-sign over those signalbars, it could at least read the provider's SIM card but found no signal. Now it just says 'no service' no matter what i tried. Reflashed old modem, nothing. Flashed back to MM (AnonVendettas version), and still the same. Trying to get the phone to at least find networks but it comes up with nothing. Not even 2G. Dead. It don't let me edit the connecting points for internet. The phone runs otherwise normally in every other aspect.

The hell do i do now??

SeaFargo

Feb 24, 2011
Rome
rvd.it
[bug report] [SM-N910F] (clean installation):

- crash when using the torch from the switch on-off button. In particularly if you turn on the torch by holding (shorthly) the switch on-off button than torch switch on, but if you try to switch off by the same way the phone force shut down. The only way to avoid force shut down is to complete login to the screen than use the notification bar button to turn off the torch.

- Power drain while phone is off (about 35-40% in about 8/9hr). I've temporarly solved rebooting in TWPR and switch off from there.
Should be nice to write an .sh that reboot in recovery and automatically run a zip to shoot down.

Last edited:

logosA

Nov 17, 2013
Heraklion Crete
@logosA What the HELL was that script you suggested?? :mad::mad:
After i twrped it the phone lost ALL service. Before i flashed it there was a small cross-sign over those signalbars, it could at least read the provider's SIM card but found no signal. Now it just says 'no service' no matter what i tried. Reflashed old modem, nothing. Flashed back to MM (AnonVendettas version), and still the same. Trying to get the phone to at least find networks but it comes up with nothing. Not even 2G. Dead. It don't let me edit the connecting points for internet. The phone runs otherwise normally in every other aspect.

The hell do i do now??
the script the zip is running is this:

ui_print("");
ui_print("Wiping TelephonyProvider data...");
ui_print("");
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/data");
delete_recursive("/data/data/com.android.providers.telephony");
delete_recursive("/data/user/0/com.android.providers.telephony");
delete_recursive("/data/user_de/0/com.android.providers.telephony");
unmount("/data");
ui_print("Done.");
ui_print("");

you can see that the only thing it does is deleting the previous data provider could have stored in your phone, letting phone to create them from the beginning.
If after a couple of reboots, sim card isnt still recognized, I think you should
boot in TWRP, wipe cashe , dalvik AND system
flash again Rom and Gapps (magisk too if you are using it)
and reboot to system.
I have just reflash it in my phone and after booted up, my phone now sees the sim card and everything is working ok for me
also take a look in settings/ Network & Internet/ mobile network> advance> Access Point Names and make sure to set them to defaults:
upper right corner(3 dots) > set to default
reboot and try again
I am sorry if that cause you trouble, it wasnt my intention to

logosA

Nov 17, 2013
Heraklion Crete

ui_print("");
ui_print("");
unmount("/data");
ui_print("Done.");
ui_print("");

you can see that the only thing it does is deleting the previous data provider could have stored in your phone, letting phone to create them from the beginning.
If after a couple of reboots, sim card isnt still recognized, I think you should
and reboot to system.
I have just reflash it in my phone and after booted up, my phone now sees the sim card and everything is working ok for me
also take a look in settings/ Network & Internet/ mobile network> advance> Access Point Names and make sure to set them to defaults:
reboot and try again

thats the result after
I run the script and booted up

Attachments

• photo_2020-12-09_23-26-07.jpg
    photo_2020-12-09_23-26-07.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 76
  • photo_2020-12-09_23-26-27.jpg
    photo_2020-12-09_23-26-27.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 77
  • photo_2020-12-09_23-26-35.jpg
    photo_2020-12-09_23-26-35.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 75
  • photo_2020-12-09_23-26-40.jpg
    photo_2020-12-09_23-26-40.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 70

prkfsz

Jun 16, 2020

ui_print("");
ui_print("");
unmount("/data");
ui_print("Done.");
ui_print("");

and reboot to system.
reboot and try again

i know it wasnt.
but i tried everything i could come up with, flashed original marshmellow and LOS 17.1, fiddled with all kinds of mobile settings, tried flashing several modems... Still dead. Bloody thing can now not find any mobile networks at all. And the simcard works in other phones.
And godamit i just refurbished it and made it nice and shiny..
So i suggest being wee bit more carefull with recommending that script to other users.. :rolleyes:

BeckPC

Sep 22, 2016
Louisville
i know it wasnt.
but i tried everything i could come up with, flashed original marshmellow and LOS 17.1, fiddled with all kinds of mobile settings, tried flashing several modems... Still dead. Bloody thing can now not find any mobile networks at all. And the simcard works in other phones.
And godamit i just refurbished it and made it nice and shiny..
So i suggest being wee bit more carefull with recommending that script to other users.. :rolleyes:

A few years ago, I had trouble with my SIM doing the same. I went to Verizon and got a new SIM. It's free and it takes very little time. I had troubles just like you were explaining. With these ROMS that were designed for other models, it's not unusual to have an issue or two. I too have been testing this ROM with a SIM card and had trouble with it showing up sometimes. Rebooting sometimes brought it back, but not always.

I also have a Verizon Note 4. I've had issues with it not finding the SIM upon reboot. So I flashed the same zip file this morning just to test and see how it works. It's something I've done before on other VZW N4's (I own several, this is one of 4 on my desk right now but the only one with a SIM). It's not destructive. It just clears out the old data which is rebuilt from the SIM upon a reboot. I wrote something similar a few years ago when dealing with the N7 ports and SIM loss. I had forgotten about it, but it worked then too. I wiped cache/dalvik before rebooting.

I can attest that the zip file works as designed. I just sent myself a MMS and SMS message and they went through to my Note 10. Just called myself. It works. Just rebooted again. SIM was found, even says Verizon in the upper right instead of 123456, which happens on the first reboot. One suggestion, make sure you're set to Global instead of LTE/CDMA in the Preferred Network Type.

FYI. I rebooted 4 times in a row. It proudly shows LTE when I'm not on WiFi, each and every time! Thanks @logosA for giving life to my dead brain cell from so long ago. I had forgotten about this fix. We still get the Maintenance Mode upon reboot sometimes, but that's a VZW and Kernel issue. Not related whatsoever. Now I just might recommend this ROM to my neighbor, who also has a N4, but and older OS. It's now stable enough for everyday use in my opinion.

Reactions: logosA

prkfsz

Jun 16, 2020
A few years ago, I had trouble with my SIM doing the same. I went to Verizon and got a new SIM. It's free and it takes very little time. I had troubles just like you were explaining. With these ROMS that were designed for other models, it's not unusual to have an issue or two. I too have been testing this ROM with a SIM card and had trouble with it showing up sometimes. Rebooting sometimes brought it back, but not always.

I also have a Verizon Note 4. I've had issues with it not finding the SIM upon reboot. So I flashed the same zip file this morning just to test and see how it works. It's something I've done before on other VZW N4's (I own several, this is one of 4 on my desk right now but the only one with a SIM). It's not destructive. It just clears out the old data which is rebuilt from the SIM upon a reboot. I wrote something similar a few years ago when dealing with the N7 ports and SIM loss. I had forgotten about it, but it worked then too. I wiped cache/dalvik before rebooting.

I can attest that the zip file works as designed. I just sent myself a MMS and SMS message and they went through to my Note 10. Just called myself. It works. Just rebooted again. SIM was found, even says Verizon in the upper right instead of 123456, which happens on the first reboot. One suggestion, make sure you're set to Global instead of LTE/CDMA in the Preferred Network Type.

FYI. I rebooted 4 times in a row. It proudly shows LTE when I'm not on WiFi, each and every time! Thanks @logosA for giving life to my dead brain cell from so long ago. I had forgotten about this fix. We still get the Maintenance Mode upon reboot sometimes, but that's a VZW and Kernel issue. Not related whatsoever. Now I just might recommend this ROM to my neighbor, who also has a N4, but and older OS. It's now stable enough for everyday use in my opinion.

i am aware that i am risking to come across as mean, which is really not my intention, but i feel compelled to try and make myself more clear:
same. SIM. works. on. other. phones.
i am not on verizon, never have been.

flashed several different stock roms from sammobile (created an account just for that now.. ), nothing restores it's ability to read sims.

And apparently other SIMs do not work on this phone anymore.
which in my book basically means i got myself a fancy remote.

so recap:
phone before the script - reading sims, poor signal on LOS 17.1. Decent signal on MM.
phone after the script - not reading sims, no service. on any OS.
so, again, i would suggest being more carefull when suggesting that script to others. at least not advertising it as harmless.

logosA

Nov 17, 2013
Heraklion Crete
what about baseband?
Is baseband ''unknown'' if you install ''phone info *Samsung'' app from palystore and take a look in it?
or in settings > about phone?
Do you have a previous TWRP backup with EFS and modem, that you could try and restore and see if that could help you?
About suggestions, yes, I know its a risk to trust some unknown dude over the internet and take his word for it.
But I want to ensure you that in all these years of my involving in Android custom roms, I have never, ever, suggested anything that , I first have not tried myself on MY phone and be sure no harm could be done.
I did the same with this script, many times, thats the reason I talked about it here.
I am sorry it didnt worked for you, I really am :(

Reactions: prkfsz

prkfsz

Jun 16, 2020
what about baseband?
Is baseband ''unknown'' if you install ''phone info *Samsung'' app from palystore and take a look in it?
or in settings > about phone?
Do you have a previous TWRP backup with EFS and modem, that you could try and restore and see if that could help you?
About suggestions, yes, I know its a risk to trust some unknown dude over the internet and take his word for it.
But I want to ensure you that in all these years of my involving in Android custom roms, I have never, ever, suggested anything that , I first have not tried myself on MY phone and be sure no harm could be done.
I did the same with this script, many times, thats the reason I talked about it here.
I am sorry it didnt worked for you, I really am :(

hey, don't worry about it pal. i really appreciate you owning the situation, it was the previous post not yours that ticked me off a bit since it had little bearing on my situation. i believe you tried it on your own device first, normal folx usually do. ;-)
but what do you do, you win some, you lose some... there is always a risk when you fiddle with these thingies. not like it's my only N4. it sucks mostly since i never rendered a device useless before. apart from destroying x amount of screens, of course... :D
i'll probably have to pop in new motherboard. and perhaps it was the motherboard that is to blame. it is already a replaced one, got it from china and it seemed a weee bit sluggish but fully functional.

as for device itself, yes there is a baseband in settings. Twrped Modem backup was the first thing i tried, no difference. haven't saved the EFS. First time in history i didn't backup all the partitions, so i guess that is the lesson for the day.. Even tho i'm thinking that it's not certain it would've made a difference in this case.

the motherboard came with french version of Orange carrier. Found an original stock on sammobile and slapped in, no dice. but i noticed a strange sign next to the 'no service'-sign. Anyone knows what it means? perhaps it can have something to do with the malfunction because it appears on several ROMs and dissapears together with no service sign when i switch on the flight mode.

btw - i still think that script should not be advertised as 'harmless'. ;)

Attachments

• Note111220_0.jpg
    Note111220_0.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 32

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Today my old german SM-915F was flashed into a new dimension.
    Many thanks to @ripee, excellent job!
    image17.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. If you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    * [B][U]Your warranty is now void.[/U][/B]
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

(Please read them BEFORE posting anything in the thread!)
    Q: Whenever I try flashing any lineage-18.1 build, I get the following error in TWRP: Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
    A: This error appears whenever you try to flash an Oreo-based rom within a version of TWRP older than 3.5. Simply flash the linked below version 3.5 or higher, reboot back into recovery, and flash the rom zip again.

Q:Will any of the variants receive official builds from LineageOS?
    A: In short, no. While official support would certainly add credibility to our work, there is absolutely no reason to believe that unofficial builds are any less secure or stable than official ones. Naturally all the bugs listed below would first need to be fixed, but still the process of submitting and maintaining official support is very time-consuming and not something I, for one, am unable to make such a commitment.
    Note to Junior Members: It is frowned upon in the XDA community to ask for ETA's on builds, features, bug fixes, or other improvements to the code or its functionality.

Q: Why is my phone warmer/hotter and the battery noticeably drained after flashing a build?
    A: The wipe process that is a part of the installation procedure deletes some important configuration data, ie. BATTERYSTATS, which keep track of the battery's power level. These data ensure a balanced power management profile for all the hardware components of your phone. This is normal and nothing to worry about at all. Your battery drain will return to normal within a day or two.

If, however, you notice increased battery drain over a few days, check your signal. Android automatically re-directs battery power to the antennas to compensate for a weak signal from the tower to which your phone is connected at that time. If your signal is strong, check the following:
    1) You missed one of the Wipe steps in the flashing procedure.
    2) You are running an old bootloader or modem. Flash the most recent one listed for your variant under the links in the TWRP thread. Note: Use the "AP" button in Odin to flash ripee's combined BL_CP tar files.
    3) How old is your battery? Official replacement Samsung batteries typically last around 1 year if you recharge them regularly, ie. once a day. Since the Note 4 is almost 6 years old, it is normal for your original battery to start failing, but official Samsung batteries should not cost more than USD 20 nowadays.
    4) If all else fails, start over! Go through the entire installation procedure, including flashing a stock Marshmallow build, and going from there. Do NOT skip any steps this time!

Q. Flashing a build failed with the message "eMMC Write Fail".
    A. This is the infamous embedded Multi-Media Controller bug that indicates that your internal flash memory is dead or dying. Do NOT try any tricks or crazy ideas to fix it, as they are all hoaxes! The ONLY way to get rid of it is to open your phone up and replace its logic board. :p

[Official] Note 4 Verizon Bootloader Unlock
    - ryanbg

Open GApps

ROMs
    - SM-N910F/G/P/R4/T/T3/V/W8: trlte
    - SM-N9100ZC/ZH/6W/9W: trlteduos
    - SM-N915F/G/P/R4/T/W8: tblte

Magisk

SPenCommand

- It is against XDA Developers rules to post links to paid apps and games. Please find this app on your own if you wish to use it.

WipeTelephonyProviderData
    - hsbadr

If your currently installed ROM is any version of either: stock Samsung TouchWiz, LineageOS, CyanogenMod, or any other custom ROM, you must perform a clean install of that LineageOS 18.1 variant, which corresponds to the model of your phone!

How to flash LineageOS and Open GApps
    FULL WIPE (with external microsd card)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to your External MicroSD Card – ! Or you will lose them !
    2. Download your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package,
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the external MicroSD storage,
    4. Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold volume up, Home, and Power button for 1 second after the vibration),
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache,
    6. Swipe to Wipe at Bottom of Screen,
    7. Back to Main start screen,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner,
    10. Go Back to Main Start Screen to Install Rom and GApps,
    11. After you have finished installing the Rom and GApps > Wipe Cache/Dalvik > Swipe to Wipe,
    12. Reboot System! Enjoy!

FULL WIPE (without external microsd card with NO Home PC access)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to a safe folder - ! Or you will lose them !
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the internal storage,
    4. Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold volume up, Home, and Power button for 1 second after the vibration),
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Cache,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner
    11. After you have finished installing the Rom and GApps > Wipe Cache/Dalvik > Swipe to Wipe,

FULL WIPE (without external microsd card with Home PC access)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to your Home PC - ! Or you will lose them !
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the internal storage,
    4. Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold volume up, Home, and Power button for 1 second after the vibrate),
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner,
    13. Once first boot is completed you can safely move your files back onto your Internal Storage.

Important information about stock S Pen functionality!
    The apps, libraries, and drivers that allow for the advanced S Pen-based functions in stock TouchWiz and TouchWiz-based custom roms WILL NEVER BE INCLUDED IN ANY AOSP-BASED ROMS due to their proprietary nature. The scope of these functions goes beyond simple vendor blobs and enters the realm of 3rd party intellectual property licensed to Samsung. The S Pen does work in all AOSP-based custom roms, however it acts simply as an alternative input device. Various open source 3rd party apps are available that take advantage of the Note 4's stylus (see above), but their functionality is a fraction of that of stock TouchWiz.

Typically if you do not do a Clean Install then you are not allowed to report errors or problems. If you Dirty Install and you do have problems then you will be asked to Wipe All and Clean Install and see if the problems still exist. This is a DAILY changing rom and any bug that you found was not working on the previous day's build may be fixed with todays daily build. On a side note, the code implemented to fix that bug could potentially break something that worked on that previous build. So reporting problems on a day old build that you dirty flashed over whichever build of whichever rom you had flashed previously will not be accepted as a true error.

Problems known to happen after a Dirty Installation
    1. A muddled up mess of a system. You are taking a rom and installing a newer rom with changes over the top of your old rom. Between these two periods of time during which you used your phone and created data, changed system options, and used apps. This is absolutely increasing the risk of causing problems somewhere in the system/data partitions. Some people have luck with Dirty Flashing. However, it's always hit-and-miss because of what we mentioned above about bug fixes breaking previously working functions. Dirty flashing doesn't only create problems if the source code of the system data and the system settings of the new build are significantly different from those of your previous build. That's not to say that Clean Installing won't ever create problems, but only bugs present on a Cleanly Installed rom are relevant for development purposes.

* Clean Install: Fully wiping everything and installing the rom onto a fully clean system/data partition of the phone.

* Dirty Install: Installing the rom and GApps over top of the older rom to save time and not have to reinstall all the user apps and tweaking system and app settings that usually take a lot of time to set up as you like.

Bugs
    - When the phone is powered off from Lineage and the battery is not removed, the battery charge will fall at an approximate rate of 2% per hour of time that the phone is powered off without the battery having been removed since it was powered off. This does not occcur when powering off from TWRP, having first powered up to TWRP or rebooted to TWRP from Lineage. It also does not occur if the battery is removed from the phone before being put back in, either after powering off from Lineage or being pulled out while Lineage is running. This bug has affected the apq8084 chipset since Oreo (as described by the S5 Plus community, which uses the same chipset). However, the S5 Plus had received official lineage-15.1 and 16.0 support despite being affected by this bug. Furthermore, we have deduced that it must be caused by one or more of the 652 commits that separate the Nougat and Oreo kernel branches. We will never have the time to go through each and every one of these commits to fix this bug outright, but we are always open to suggestions.
    - If NFC is turned off when the phone is booted up, the NFC toggle will freeze in the "off" position and remain off until the phone is rebooted. If NFC is turned on when the phone is booted up, the NFC toggle will function properly to turn NFC both on and off. However, if NFC is turned off and the phone is rebooted, this bug will reappear.
    - The 2nd SIM slot does not work in any trlteduos variant.
    - VoLTE is not supported, and will not be supported for the foreseeable future.
    - You tell us!

Changelog
    All major features and bug fixes are discussed in detail by the developers in the thread, whenever they are implemented. All builds include the latest upstream Changes for all devices from LineageOS.

Credits
    - Our resident Developer Emeritus fattire, Elektroschmock for his work on shamu (Nexus 6), and every other open source developer and user who contributes directly or indirectly to the LineageOS community in the development of and in providing feedback for the tblte, trlte, and trlteduos.

Sources
    - LineageOS
    - apq8084

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 18.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    ripee, Inkypen, logosA, ghostwheel, ananjaser1211, khalvat, tripLr
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Marshmallow for your variant.

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 11
    Stable Release Date: 2021-04-14

Created 2020-03-16
    Last Updated 2021-04-15
    Join us on Telegram!

LineageOS is part of the triplr_dev_users
    group, courtesy of tripLr.
    Changelog

Builds 0421 for all variants
    * Fingerprint sensor is fixed.
    * Increased microphone levels to improve video recording, courtesy of Telegram user AomineDaiki87.
    * Synced with LineageOS sources.
    Changelog

Builds 0322 for all variants
    * trlte-common: Enable comp backpressure. This is supposed to improve the overall smoothness of the rom.
    Changelog

Builds 0329 for all variants
    * Video playback in Chrome, YouTube, etc., is fixed by removing the widevine instance from the manifest.