• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11][oneplus3] Pixel Experience [AOSP]

Search This thread

PlayFriik

New build available: Download

Changelog:
* September security patch
* Button backlight brightness can now be adjusted in Settings -> System -> Buttons
* Face unlock got readded (maybe gets removed for unofficial builds again in the future?)
* There are now more touchscreen gestures and they are more customizable
* Microphone is now fixed the proper way (Google hotword is enabled again)

Hi guys, what's the difference between this unofficial and the official PixelExperience (not PLUS EDITION)?
Thanks
Basically unofficial is without incremental updates and features my ideal how the ROM should be: stable, minimalist and clean.

@PlayFriik
Could you include Android Auto in the upcoming releases?
I'm currently using version 5.5.6029 from apkmirror, works great :good:. Presumably the newer versions work fine too ;).
I would prefer not to because it looks like I can't include it as uninstallable app so some may consider it as bloatware.. :(

Last edited:

beta_serpico

Sep 7, 2020

Changelog:
* September security patch
* Button backlight brightness can now be adjusted in Settings -> System -> Buttons
* Face unlock got readded (maybe gets removed for unofficial builds again in the future?)
* There are now more touchscreen gestures and they are more customizable
* Microphone is now fixed the proper way (Google hotword is enabled again)

Basically unofficial is without incremental updates and features my ideal how the ROM should be: stable, minimalist and clean.

I would prefer not to because it looks like I can't include it as uninstallable app so some may consider it as bloatware.. :(

Thanks @PlayFriik!!!

I'm on your 26.08.2020 ROM release, and I have no OTA update button on my OP 3T to start the download of the September update. How can I update it?
Should I sideload it? Need to wipe cache before it? Please let me know, I'm quite new in the Custom Rom world!

All the best!

PlayFriik

Thanks @PlayFriik!!!

I'm on your 26.08.2020 ROM release, and I have no OTA update button on my OP 3T to start the download of the September update. How can I update it?
Should I sideload it? Need to wipe cache before it? Please let me know, I'm quite new in the Custom Rom world!

All the best!
There isn't OTA because these are unofficial builds.
You can update by downloading the .zip file, rebooting to TWRP recovery, flashing the update .zip and then rebooting back to system.
You can wipe dalvik and cache (the button appears after flashing is finished), but it probably won't matter.

ipapun4545

Aug 23, 2012
Bhubaneswar
Its been a month Installing this ROM. Great ROM and Great effort by the Developer. I have just one issue which is very annoying. All the apps take longer to load content, (i.e. in Twitter-it load the tweets but images/videos take long to load, in Music app - it take a long time to load a song). It gets resolved when I quickly enable Airplane mode and then Disable it. But after few hours the same thing start happening all over again. I have no issue on my Mobile Network speed and apps give no issue while I am on wifi. I think its something to do with mobile network. Please Give a solution. I want to stick with this ROM. Thanks.

stibuz95

Sep 30, 2012
Hi, I found a bug when you press volume buttons in landscape. The button to activate subtitles isn't in line with the slider (only in landscape). I think it's a little thing. I don't know how to show u a preview without using an external uploader, but I think u can reproduce yourself. Rom seems OK (mcd_kernel)

Charlie

Nov 7, 2012
Thessaloniki
Hi, I found a bug when you press volume buttons in landscape. The button to activate subtitles isn't in line with the slider (only in landscape). I think it's a little thing. I don't know how to show u a preview without using an external uploader, but I think u can reproduce yourself. Rom seems OK (mcd_kernel)

Do the performance governor establishes as the default on the mcd kernel(EAS)? That's the only problem keeping me away from that kernel. (No root)

stibuz95

Sep 30, 2012
Do the performance governor establishes as the default on the mcd kernel(EAS)? That's the only problem keeping me away from that kernel. (No root)

Yes, I confirm the stock in mcd is performance for both big and little cores (ps. Next time ask this in madkernel thread or write me in private, we are filling with "trash" this thread ;) )

ofthespoon

Sep 20, 2020
Hi! I've just installed your rom and works great so far.
I have a question though... I'm coming from an almost a year and half old PixelExperience (9.0) and there I could change and configure the slider toggle actions, I'm mainly interested in setting it to Vibrate+DoNotDisturb with just one movement on the slider (ie. Slider on top/middle position). In this ROM I've only been able to achieve this by setting it to vibrate and manually activating DND, so my question is if there is some option to configure it on the settings.

Thanks!

varkenshand

Sep 21, 2020
Tilburg
The ROM works great, been using August 15 for a month. September update has a few issues as far as I can see:
- The hardware buttons (Back | Recent apps) are switched on each reboot
- Impossible to save a selfie (in Camera mode, Portrait seems to work now)
- Cannot add a contact person in the emergency section, at least it is not saved

Last edited:

PlayFriik

Hi! I've just installed your rom and works great so far.
I have a question though... I'm coming from an almost a year and half old PixelExperience (9.0) and there I could change and configure the slider toggle actions, I'm mainly interested in setting it to Vibrate+DoNotDisturb with just one movement on the slider (ie. Slider on top/middle position). In this ROM I've only been able to achieve this by setting it to vibrate and manually activating DND, so my question is if there is some option to configure it on the settings.

Thanks!
Yes, I removed the alert slider customization because otherwise the Alert Slider dialog UI that was added in September update doesn't work as intended (seems like the order of Silent, Vibrate and Ring is hard-coded, probably because the order is like that on OxygenOS).
Sorry about the inconvenience.

The ROM works great, been using August 15 for a month. September update has a few issues as far as I can see:
- The hardware buttons (Back | Recent apps) are switched on each reboot
- Impossible to save a selfie (in Camera mode, Portrait seems to work now)
- Cannot add a contact person in the emergency section, at least it is not saved
I think you are talking about the official build since none of these issues are reproducible for me.
Besides, I didn't release the August update on the 15th.

PlayFriik

Hi Friik! Do you have plan for unofficial Android 11 build, curious because your build is even better than official

Yes, I will support Android 11 when it's usable, because OnePlus 3T is my daily driver and so the RIL should be working at the very least. :good:
Also university is taking lots of time so I am not able to debug issues that much currently. :(

mnsiw

Oct 2, 2009
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Yes, I will support Android 11 when it's usable, because OnePlus 3T is my daily driver and so the RIL should be working at the very least. :good:
Also university is taking lots of time so I am not able to debug issues that much currently. :(

Off course university is a 1st priority, good luck with that. No rush for Android 11, current Android 10 build is working pretty well :good:

pegasusqj

Dec 22, 2014
No weather on main screen

@Gaurav24 Hi Gaurav24,I use this ROM long time, it's almost prefect,but there is no weather on main screen.I can got weather on Negative one screen.I have enable loccation setting.Please advise.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 128
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 126

mkoop

Mar 15, 2020

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for OnePlus 3/3T [oneplus3]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

Happy new year! :)

Changelog:
    * January security patch
    * SELinux is in Enforcing mode
    * Ambient display not showing notifications is fixed
    * DT2W not working with AOD is fixed
    * OnePlus Settings not saving preferences is fixed

The latest (and last) firmware+modem is needed to flash this update!
    It is highly recommended to download and flash this TWRP for Android 10 ROMs!

Changelog:
    * December security patch
    * Hotspot hardware acceleration fixed

Bugs like OnePlus Settings not saving preferences are not fixed in this build yet since I have been busy with school. January will be the same because of exams.
    I'm not sure about the NFC issue because I am able to retrieve NFC tags just fine.
    Unfortunately I am unable to test Google Pay since it's not widely available in my country.

Changelog:
    * April security patch
    * Added face unlock & screen recorder
    * Issues with Android Auto should be fixed

If this has been stated elsewhere, I apologize, but here's my question: how long do you plan on supporting this ROM? Best ROM I've ever used on any phone, not just the OP3.
    I am planning to maintain this ROM as long as I use this device.

Changelog:
    * March security patch
    * Added toggle for on-screen navigation bar to Buttons' settings (build.prop editing is no longer needed to use gestural navigation - if you have done so, please revert the changes)
    * Google Camera Port is now included as the default camera app

Sorry that it took so long, last week I had to study for maths test and adding on-screen navigation bar toggle to OPParts took some time.