su
echo 1 > /proc/s1302/virtual_key
To ENABLE it typ
Code:
su
echo 0 > /proc/s1302/virtual_key
3. Done

PS: You can do it from TWRP terminal too
PS2: No offense @BillGoss, but I think it is necessary, according to the user's previous comments

Hi everyone,

I would add:
Code:
echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/max_brightness

This "disables" the button light, we can't write a new value to ./button-backlight/brightness as it gets easly reset to ./button-backlight/max_brightness on subsequent user/system intercation (power/user events etc.).
Writing 0 to ./button-backlight/max_brightness prevents buttons' light to be reset to a value higher then 0 (previously 40).

To restore default max brightness just write "40":
Code:
echo 40 > /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/max_brightness

Rebooting should reset it, so you need to write it on each reboot. Ideally add those lines to custom init.d/ or any post boot script trigger you have setup.
Can easly be done with Kernel Adiutor or any kernel management app with custom controls, or even with Magisk magical ways.
@PlayFriik I sense a new build in the air :cyclops:

Just a heads up, I have noticed some errors about Google's turbo in the bugreports captured:
HTML:
01-15 17:35:01.341 10091  9599  9647 E AndroidRuntime: Process: com.google.android.apps.turbo:ssb, PID: 9599
01-15 17:35:01.341 10091  9599  9647 E AndroidRuntime: java.lang.RuntimeException: An error occurred while executing doInBackground()
01-15 17:35:01.341 10091  9599  9647 E AndroidRuntime: 	at android.os.AsyncTask$4.done(AsyncTask.java:399)
01-15 17:35:01.341 10091  9599  9647 E AndroidRuntime: 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.finishCompletion(FutureTask.java:383)
01-15 17:35:01.341 10091  9599  9647 E AndroidRuntime: 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.setException(FutureTask.java:252)
01-15 17:35:01.341 10091  9599  9647 E AndroidRuntime: 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:271)
01-15 17:35:01.341 10091  9599  9647 E AndroidRuntime: 	at android.os.AsyncTask$SerialExecutor$1.run(AsyncTask.java:289)
01-15 17:35:01.341 10091  9599  9647 E AndroidRuntime: 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167)
01-15 17:35:01.341 10091  9599  9647 E AndroidRuntime: 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641)
01-15 17:35:01.341 10091  9599  9647 E AndroidRuntime: 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:919)
01-15 17:35:01.341 10091  9599  9647 E AndroidRuntime: Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Invalid device curve returned, null
01-15 17:35:01.341 10091  9599  9647 E AndroidRuntime: 	at bgv.a(PG:10)
01-15 17:35:01.341 10091  9599  9647 E AndroidRuntime: 	at bgv.b(PG:44)
01-15 17:35:01.341 10091  9599  9647 E AndroidRuntime: 	at bha.<init>(PG:6)
01-15 17:35:01.341 10091  9599  9647 E AndroidRuntime: 	at com.google.android.libraries.smartbattery.brightness.library.UpdateOfflineModelJob.a(PG:254)
01-15 17:35:01.341 10091  9599  9647 E AndroidRuntime: 	at bgk.doInBackground(PG:25)
01-15 17:35:01.341 10091  9599  9647 E AndroidRuntime: 	at android.os.AsyncTask$3.call(AsyncTask.java:378)
01-15 17:35:01.341 10091  9599  9647 E AndroidRuntime: 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
01-15 17:35:01.341 10091  9599  9647 E AndroidRuntime: 	... 4 more

Might need patching the brightness curve(s), so I suggest disabling it until it gets figured out.

Keep up the good work :good:

K.

PlayFriik

New build available: Download

Changelog:
* Updated blobs (Data connection and GPS could be better for some)
* Added Doze and PocketMode (Access Doze settings under: Settings -> Display -> Lock screen display -> Advanced settings)
* Preferences which are specific to OnePlus Settings are now categorized and can be accessed under: Settings -> System -> Buttons and Settings -> System -> Gestures -> Touchscreen gestures
* Long press on home button not launching Google Assistant is fixed

Regarding official maintainership
I got declined, because apparently I'm a build bot:
I8KhbtF.png

Last edited:

kaluoshi

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 2, 2011
South Italy
New build available:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13xyFSkl_zoZYVSp_-7DFVfM2rJOoEA-5/view?usp=sharing

Changelog:
* Added Doze and PocketMode (Access Doze settings under: Settings -> Display -> Lock screen display -> Advanced settings)
* Preferences which are specific to OnePlus Settings are now categorized and can be accessed under: Settings -> System -> Buttons and Settings -> System -> Gestures -> Touchscreen gestures

I8KhbtF.png

:victory:

I can try to ping the guys if you really want to maintain it.

Let me know, and keep up the good work :good:

K.

EDIT:
@PlayFriik did you had a chance to look into disabling turbo untill this is fixed?
HTML:
E AndroidRuntime: Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Invalid device curve returned, null
Should just need removing the apk at build time for now, but it would be nice to have it fixed thought :)

Cheers,

K.

Last edited:
Reactions: nasrulafi93

PlayFriik

:victory:

I can try to ping the guys if you really want to maintain it.

Let me know, and keep up the good work :good:

K.

Thank you, but it seems that Gaurav241 got accepted already: https://github.com/PixelExperience/official_devices/pull/1839

It's actually possible that they didn't like how I categorized the preferences provided by OnePlus Parts (renamed OnePlus Settings), even though they didn't mention it directly.

Edit:
@PlayFriik did you had a chance to look into disabling turbo untill this is fixed?
HTML:
E AndroidRuntime: Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Invalid device curve returned, null
Should just need removing the apk at build time for now, but it would be nice to have it fixed thought :)
Unfortunately I forgot about that, I will take a look into it.

Last edited:

kaluoshi

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 2, 2011
South Italy
Reactions: PlayFriik

vap3

Jul 30, 2012
Simcoe Ontario
who knew I had a random thought today and went, "I wonder if my rom is updated yet!" Its like X-mas :D

Gonna dirty flash from previous build (which was clean) and report back. Only issue I had really was voice commands with Google Assistant but everything else worked fine for me.
I was hoping the dark mode for camera haha but I guess that's a hardware issue.
But def speedy and good battery life compared to the oxygen 0s 5.0.7 stock i was using for awhile back.
Keep up the great work! I always thought it was very talented of people to modify and tweak operating systems.

New build available:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13xyFSkl_zoZYVSp_-7DFVfM2rJOoEA-5/view?usp=sharing

Changelog:

I8KhbtF.png

PlayFriik

Is GPay working?

And, the buttons are still reacting on AOD.

Unfortunately Google Pay is not being used in my country (instead every bank is doing their own implementation, ugh (at least for Android)) so I can't comment that.
However, their own implementation seems to work when we talk about terminal detecting nearby phone (on the other hand, payments seem to be unreliable because of heavy detection for custom ROM, root and root management app).
It's probably really dumb question, but have you selected Google Pay for Tap & Pay? It seems that Tap & Pay no longer exists under "Default apps" category.

Unfortunately Google Pay is not being used in my country (instead every bank is doing their own implementation, ugh (at least for Android)) so I can't comment that.
However, their own implementation seems to work when we talk about terminal detecting nearby phone.
It's probably really dumb question, but have you selected Google Pay for Tap & Pay? It seems that Tap & Pay no longer exists under "Default apps" category.

That is strange. I don't know really. But if I can help you with needed files just tell me what to do.

PlayFriik

That is strange. I don't know really. But if I can help you with needed files just tell me what to do.

You don't know whether you have selected Google Pay as the default app for Tap & Pay? You can search for "Tap" via Settings' search and it should show Tap & Pay settings.
I would assume Google Pay automatically suggests to turn it on, though.

You don't know whether you have selected Google Pay as the default app for Tap & Pay? You can search for "Tap" via Settings' search and it should show Tap & Pay settings.
I would assume Google Pay automatically suggests to turn it on, though.

Gpay didn't suggest. Tap and pay, I don't have such setting. Well, trying to search for it.

asemenov

Jul 23, 2018
If this firmware is based on LOS17, then Google Pay will not work here. All firmware based on LOS17 cannot start payment. Alas, this is a problem that no one wants / cannot solve.
There is Nitrogen where this is all decided, but no one can take it as a basis.
I don’t know what is the reason, I can’t say more precisely.
But one thing I can say for sure - thanks to the author for his interest in our old man.

AnotiaWang

Jan 19, 2020
How should I install the newer build if I had been using an old one of PE? Just flash the new one in rec? I dont really want my data to be erased.

PlayFriik

Changelog:
* February security patch

How should I install the newer build if I had been using an old one of PE? Just flash the new one in rec? I dont really want my data to be erased.
If you are using one of my older builds then dirty flashing should be fine. If you are using any release that is not based on Android 10 and/or is not made by me, then I would recommend clean flashing.

Last edited:

AnotiaWang

Jan 19, 2020

blue-gem

Apr 2, 2017
New build available:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P42MdyOsYAuIDeZnR1izAiAFFhOdo1UL/view?usp=sharing

Changelog:
* February security patch

If you are using one of my older builds then dirty flashing should be fine. If you are using any release that is not based on Android 10 and/or is not made by me, then I would recommend clean flashing.

Hello developer,Thank you for your work.Does the new version of ROM contain any improvements other than the February security patch?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for OnePlus 3/3T [oneplus3]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

Happy new year! :)

Changelog:
    * January security patch
    * SELinux is in Enforcing mode
    * Ambient display not showing notifications is fixed
    * DT2W not working with AOD is fixed
    * OnePlus Settings not saving preferences is fixed

The latest (and last) firmware+modem is needed to flash this update!
    It is highly recommended to download and flash this TWRP for Android 10 ROMs!

Changelog:
    * December security patch
    * Hotspot hardware acceleration fixed

Bugs like OnePlus Settings not saving preferences are not fixed in this build yet since I have been busy with school. January will be the same because of exams.
    I'm not sure about the NFC issue because I am able to retrieve NFC tags just fine.
    Unfortunately I am unable to test Google Pay since it's not widely available in my country.

Changelog:
    * April security patch
    * Added face unlock & screen recorder
    * Issues with Android Auto should be fixed

If this has been stated elsewhere, I apologize, but here's my question: how long do you plan on supporting this ROM? Best ROM I've ever used on any phone, not just the OP3.
    I am planning to maintain this ROM as long as I use this device.

Changelog:
    * March security patch
    * Added toggle for on-screen navigation bar to Buttons' settings (build.prop editing is no longer needed to use gestural navigation - if you have done so, please revert the changes)
    * Google Camera Port is now included as the default camera app

Sorry that it took so long, last week I had to study for maths test and adding on-screen navigation bar toggle to OPParts took some time.