[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11][R]LineageOS 18.1 for z5c (suzuran)

baristurunc

Sep 20, 2018
No, nothing else should really happen as far as I know. At least we got rid of redundant nvram writes (crash dumps) which shortens the non-volatile memory's lifespan slightly. In the meantime, we saved some cpu clocks too (thus some energy).

Feb 2, 2019
Thanks a lot for your work! I'm just installing this ROM after having used your 14.1 build as daily driver for the last year. One minor thing: Everytime I insert a new SIM-card the preferred mobile network ("bevorzugter Netzwerktyp") is default 3G and has to be set to 4G manually. Maybe you could set the default to 4G?

Feb 2, 2019
An observation: I could not connect to a WLAN that has PMF (Protected Management Frames) enabled. This is the default setting for example in recent Fritzbox-Routers. My older devices (LOS 15) didn't have that problem. If PMF is disabled in the router I can connect. This might be a general problem with LineageOS 18.1.

Another problem I faced is that I couldn't get cloud-messaging (push) to run with microG. I'm still trying to figure out what the problem might be. Is anyone else using Bernis build with microg? Is cloud-messaging working for you?

TRKARTAL

Jun 21, 2017
İstanbul
An observation: I could not connect to a WLAN that has PMF (Protected Management Frames) enabled. This is the default setting for example in recent Fritzbox-Routers. My older devices (LOS 15) didn't have that problem. If PMF is disabled in the router I can connect. This might be a general problem with LineageOS 18.1.

Another problem I faced is that I couldn't get cloud-messaging (push) to run with microG. I'm still trying to figure out what the problem might be. Is anyone else using Bernis build with microg? Is cloud-messaging working for you?
Hello. For MicroG, can you flash latest nanodroid (microg twrp flashable zips) zips ? After flash, please check: (enable)

Settings->System->MicroG Settings->Google Device Registration, Google SafetyNet and Google Cloud Messaging.

Here is guides: https://github.com/Nanolx/NanoDroid

Here is downloads:

Reactions: momomomonsterbill

mlleemiles

Jul 13, 2015
A few pages back, someone mentioned that current isn't limited when charging without boot. It might be correct - as my phone turned insanely hot (can feel a little burn on my hand after holding for a while) because i forgot to turn it on to charge today.

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
Maybe you could set the default to 4G?
No, I can't! But I've kanged the CarrierConfig configuration from nile-common.
Here you can download this version (included in actual build). It is a test version only. Since I don't know when the default network type will be (re)set, I can't say, if this version will fix that. Please test and report.
The "Preferred network type" section is much increased now. For me "GSM/WCDMA/LTE" works best (see attached screenshot).

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: momomomonsterbill

Ermann123

Apr 30, 2020
Hello. For MicroG, can you flash latest nanodroid (microg twrp flashable zips) zips ? After flash, please check: (enable)

Settings->System->MicroG Settings->Google Device Registration, Google SafetyNet and Google Cloud Messaging.

Here is guides: https://github.com/Nanolx/NanoDroid

Here is downloads:
So, is it, that you mean, that the out-of-the-box MicroG-Magisk Module since recently does not work anymore? I'm asking because I tried it over and over again with new fresh installation this week, without success.. (No new app connecting to GMS)

TRKARTAL

Jun 21, 2017
İstanbul
So, is it, that you mean, that the out-of-the-box MicroG-Magisk Module since recently does not work anymore? I'm asking because I tried it over and over again with new fresh installation this week, without success.. (No new app connecting to GMS)
i dont tried new version yet and i never used as magisk module. i prefer install as system app. can you try with non magisk module ? so just wipe, flash rom, reboot system, go again twrp, flash microg and again reboot. go to settingsz check and try.

Feb 2, 2019
I know; I had to set my WLAN security down to "WPA2 (CCMP)".

Then I can't fix it!
I don't know if it is a LineageOS-Problem as I don't have other LOS 18 devices. My LOS 15 tablet could connect without problems.

No, I can't! But I've kanged the CarrierConfig configuration from nile-common.
Here you can download this version. It is a test version only. Since I don't know when the default network type will be (re)set, I can't say, if this version will fix that. Please test and report.
The "Preferred network type" section is much increased now. For me "GSM/WCDMA/LTE" works best (see attached screenshot).
Thanks, I will try and report.

3 more things; I don't know if maybe these are known issues already?
-in camera and open camera I can't focus on short range. When I tap to focus it will briefly be in focus but end up blurry. I think I may have read something like that in the 17.1 thread
-I can't record video with stock camera or opencamera. And probably the same problem: Sound recording is not working.Neither with the stock recorder, nor simple recorder from f-droid.

Can anyone confirm that this is not just me?

John Paden

Jul 27, 2018
I run LOS 18 from 18.01.
-in camera and open camera I can't focus on short range. When I tap to focus it will briefly be in focus but end up blurry. I think I may have read something like that in the 17.1 thread
>> yes. Same here.
-I can't record video with stock camera or opencamera. And probably the same problem: Sound recording is not working.Neither with the stock recorder, nor simple recorder from f-droid.
>> no. Works wirh Sound and Video with with the default cam. Sound works with the sound recorver.

I run Fritzbox 7580 w/ 7.1x and have no trouble connectiong to WPA2.

John Paden

Jul 27, 2018
downloading lastest version, will install today. Huge Kudos to Bernie.
Any change list?
1. ups. Dirty Upgrade from 18.01. to 21.01. failed, bootloop.Currently installing new from scratch, seems to work
TWRP / wipe / davlik cache system data internal storage and
TWRP format data

2. while paying around with LOS 18.1 18.01. I tried to encrypt the phone. Resulted in bootloop. needed a complete reinstall, too.
Update - same with Version 21.01. So can confirm the statement in post#1 :sneaky:

3. Bernie, the boot animation is from LOS 14, right? Can we get the Lineage one?

Last edited:

uncle-sam

Sep 19, 2014
i've been using this rom after i almost bricked my phone. I don't know what went wrong but a fresh flash with emma solved the issues (i never knew that the flashmode works with emma under win10).

So far in my normal day routine i have not encountered any major issues with this rom. It is running very smooth (in my opinion faster than stock 7.1.1) and with a remarkable battery life (my Mi A2 drains about two times faster with stock android one).

Strange things i've encountered so far: sometimes there are some short time "freezes" the phone seems to wake up from deep sleep or something. This may be also the origin of a randomly appearing slow response of the fingerprint reader. This happens randomly after idle, but it's nothing to worry about.

Also the camera focus problem is present on my device.

I am very happy with this rom! The only thing that's missing in my opinion is a enhanced camera quality. Is there anybody out there with any solution to get the gcam running on the Z5c?

Ermann123

Apr 30, 2020
2. while paying around with LOS 18.1 18.01. I tried to encrypt the phone. Resulted in bootloop. needed a complete reinstall, too.
Update - same with Version 21.01. So can confirm the statement in post#1 :sneaky:
Yoou could try the encryption with uninstalled Magisk, at least, this was working for 17.1, BUT without garantee about other errors then. IF you want to try and do so, please tell me the result! :)