[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11][R]LineageOS 18.1 for z5c (suzuran)

Search This thread

Max8719

May 14, 2018
Hello Berni,

I have a problem with the camera since the last update. I can start video recording, but when I try to stop video recording the camera app freezes and crashes afterwards. (Snap camera)

After a reboot of the phone video recording works as expected. But when I try after some minutes again, the same problem as I described occurs again. I also tried it with open camera, with the same result.

darkangel32

Mar 26, 2020
Been running this rom for 24 hours, its certainly better then the ancient stock nougat rom.
Some notes, gestures can be quircky when swiping upwards on the homescreen. Makes the phone more modern.
PIP doesnt seem to funktion (anyone else tested?)

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
I have a problem with the camera since the last update. I can start video recording, but when I try to stop video recording the camera app freezes and crashes afterwards.
I can confirm this bug!
Is this occurring only in the latest build? Or it this a general bug?
To be honest, I've never recorded a video, so I can't be sure if this bug is already present in earlier build....

MatthiasHGW

Aug 7, 2017
Hi Berni,
thank you for your amazing work, it is amazing how you singlehandely keep our phones up to date!
I do have a small problem with the current ROM, though. I have been using "Neutron Music Player" with your release of LineageOS 17.1 without any problems. Unfortunately, it does not work with the current 18.1 release:
At first I had thought that the app crashes immediately after opening: it shows the "Neutron" logo and the progress bar at the top of the screen, but then the screen turns black. However, clicking on the back button a couple of times, the Neutron logo comes back and by increasing screen brightness, one can see that part of the UI has been drawn.
The developer of the app assumes that there is something wrong with the OpenGL driver in your ROM and has pointed me to a previous version (2.11.1) of Neutron MP which does indeed run without problems.
Do you have any idea what could trigger this behavior or what I could do to narrow down the underlying problem?

Thank you - Matthias

MatthiasHGW

Aug 7, 2017
Sorry to bother you again, but I have just discovered another problem: while trying to import a backup into the NewPipe-App, I realized that at least on my phone there is something wrong with handling of zip files. I can reproduce this in a terminal window like this:
echo "This is text" > 1.txt zip test.zip 1.txt unzip -l test.zip
I have tried this a couple of times and always get the error message "unzip: couldn't open test.zip: File mapping failed". Could someone try this out on their phone to check if it is only a problem with my phone or something more general?

sahmerdan

May 2, 2021
I just tried another sd on my device and it is definitely the old sd. I will look for some way to repair or make it work since it is 128GB.
I have a similar problem. When I try to insert my 128 gb sandisk ultra sd card into the phone and use it as phone memory, the phone reboots itself over and over again until you remove the jewelry card or exit the menu. Before that, I was using the original ROM, the card was working without any problems. I wonder if 128 gb sounds too big?

casouzaj

Oct 13, 2006
Haibara-gum Yoshida-cho Sumiyoshi-shi
I have a similar problem. When I try to insert my 128 gb sandisk ultra sd card into the phone and use it as phone memory, the phone reboots itself over and over again until you remove the jewelry card or exit the menu. Before that, I was using the original ROM, the card was working without any problems. I wonder if 128 gb sounds too big?
Not, at all! I have a Samsung 128GB SD card inserted all the time. I faced constant reboots only when I used part of that card as adoptable storage.

sahmerdan

May 2, 2021
Not, at all! I have a Samsung 128GB SD card inserted all the time. I faced constant reboots only when I used part of that card as adoptable storage.
I understand, then I will format and use the card with the old type "Use SD for file transfer" option (translated like this in my language). Are there any downsides to using it this way over the other?

luka-

May 20, 2021
Hi guys,

Sorry this may be basic question,
I flashed the phone and everything seems great, fast and flashy but I am having issue to synchronize all my contacts details from google.
I have installed NikGapps-core and even thou the contact app recognizes my google account within settings it does not download-synchronize the data.
Does anyone know what the issue might be or should I upgrade to NikGapps-basic or download different contacts app?
Similar goes for calendar.
Many thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Next try; see 1st post.
    Thanks a lot, Bernie! Both A2DP and AVRCP are working fine with the 0531 build. Almost forgot to tell you that file transfer via Bluetooth is working as well.
    New version out; see 1st post.
    • Hopefully fixed bluetooth car audio issue.
    Next try; see 1st post.
    • Hopefully fixed bluetooth car audio issue.
    • Bluetooth voice calls should work now; please report
    I confirm - the sound still does not work, the controls work (play pause)
    Hi all:

Here is a LineageOS 18.1 ROM for Z5 compact (suzuran).

Download 2021-05-31

This is a 7z archive with the zip'ed ROM and the md5 file in it. Please unpack this archive, copy the included two files somewhere to your device, reboot into TWRP and flash this zip file. Enable zip verification and md5sum checking.

Kernel sources
    Tree sources

Features:

• OS Version: 11 (R)
    • Kernel: Linux 3.10
    • Kernel 3.10.108
    • New: Android security patch level: 5 May 2021 (see attached screenshot)
    • Using Sony blob's from stock version 32.4.A.1.54

Important informations:
    • You should be familiar with general installation of custom ROMs.
    • Required for installation: TWRP 3.2.1 (pick the version from 2018-02-23!!!)
      OR use my self built TWRP-version 3.5.2!
    • This ROM needs a clean install, old /data may cause problems!
    • This ROM is NOT pre-rooted. For rooting you can use Magisk.
    Working:
    • Phone calls
    • SMS
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth (WIP)
    • Fingerprint
    • GPS
    • Location services
    • Headset
    • LiveDisplay
    • Enforced SELinux support
    • Torch
    • German app AusweisApp2
    • Offline charging
    • Notification LED
    • GApps (MindTheGApps 11 arm64)
    • Camera; both built-in camera (Snap) and 3-rd party camera apps.
      Camera2 may be a little bit laggy, please use 3-rd party camera app instead; for example OpenCamera. If you're running into errors, please report.
    • FM-Radio (maybe it needs a few restarts before it's working)
    • SafetyNet test passed successfully
    • Hotspot
    • Restart into recovery
    • New: Bluetooth voice calls
    These things are NOT working (or badly working):
    • Slow speed on /sdcard partition
    • Encryption
    • Camera focus at low distances.
    • Streaming (mirroring)
    • Payment
    Maybe some more things are not working.

Use this ROM at your own risk! It comes without any warranty! I'm not responsible for any damage! If you don't agree with that, don't try to flash this ROM in any way.

Benefits:

• Added F-Droid and UnifiedNLP! If you don't want this, simply de-install it.
    • I've set maximum speaker volume to a higher value.
    • I've increased microphone gain.
    • I've changed the microfone gain to avoid echo in phone calls.
    Changelog

Troubleshooting:

• If you're running into an error, please search in this thread if this error is already posted, before you post it again!
      If not, I need a LOG to see what went wrong. Without a LOG I can't help you!
      A LOG can be fetched by connecting the device with an USB cable to your PC and then by typing these commands line by line:
      Code:
      adb root
      adb shell logcat -b all -d > logcat
      Send my this LOG file via PM.
    • If you think this could be a SELinux related issue, please try to set the device to permissive mode first.
      If the issue is gone, I need the policy file too (plus LOG). Fetch it by typing this line in a terminal:
      Code:
      adb pull /sys/fs/selinux/policy
    • If you stuck in a bootloop you can fetch a LOG with this trick:
      • Press the power button and the volume up button together until the device shuts down.
      • HOLD the power button.
      • Release the volume up button and press the volume down button immediately after releasing the volmue up button.
      • The device should start into TWRP recovery.
      • Tap on "Advanced", then on "Terminal" and enter these commands line by line:
        Code:
        cd sys/fs/pstore
        cp * /sdcard
      • Send me the copied file(s), if any, via PM.

One last request:

Please, do not ask about problems for which my ROM is not responsible.
    From now on I will only react to problems that I can reproduce and that are caused by my ROM.

I'm sorry for that, but I'm developing this ROM in my spare time and I still have a normal life.
    • Kernel improvements
    • Android security patch level: 5 May 2021
    • Hotspot should work now!
    • UnifiedNlp now supports location provider
    • Restored LiveDisplay without using postprocessing daemon (mm-pp-daemon)
    Please report any issue.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone