• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11][R]LineageOS 18.1 for z5c (suzuran)

Search This thread

litelinux

Dec 8, 2019
Hi again, Berni!
I just noticed on my other devices, which already run 18.1, that there it is not possible to spoof signatures, so microg is not able to work.
While on a third device, where 17.1 was running before together with Magisk, after sideload upgrad to 18.1 the recent configuration was still active and microg working, I wonder, if it is also that easy to just sideload 18.1 over 17.1. (here it is more critical because of lots of data and much work to reinstall everything manually in the case of failure).
Hello,
According to another user:
OK, I've given this ROM another try (I dirty flashed the latest release over LOS 17.1) and I found out why I always faced frequent kernel panic reboots in all my previous attempts: presence of adoptable storage. Upon removing it, so far, so good! Thanks for your efforts, Bernie!
dirty flashing over 17.1 is working. (I've never tried it before though.)

After flashing the 18.1 ROM, remember to reflash magisk before rebooting, in order to preserve Magisk environment.

For signature spoofing, just follow what you did on your previous device, so that microG could work.

1ggn3

Oct 26, 2020
And another question: after exchanging the battery (with 17.1) I experience the new draining much faster, then the old already degraded one. (I even exchanged the battery one more time to be sure).
The electronic guy said, that sometimes it is helpful to reinstall the system from scratch after battery exchange. Is this somehow reasonable?
For the record, Android keeps a file with battery calibration data. There are apps out there that can reset that, but usually, charging it up to 100% and discharging it until it turns of does the trick (repeat a few times, if necessary).
Of course, there is always a chance that you messed up something or the new battery is somehow faulty, too.

1ggn3

Oct 26, 2020
Mmmm.... I don't know if anyone could do or from itself to his phone, but, my downside of the screen (not the part with menu buttons, just over it) do not work at all after flashing it.

I wiped my XZ5C completly before flashing the rom and the Gapps (Mindthegapps), and wiped cache after that... Soooo... Sorry if the problem is not findable for you, i'm gonna try to flash original ROM and hope that solve my problem 🤗😉
Weird. In the past, I had some issues where the lower part would become laggy if it got hot, but it wasn't ROM-related.. I think the best you could do is try with another ROM (Stock or Nougat/14.1) and report back?

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
New version out; see 1st post.
  • Android security patch level: 5 June 2021

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210616-111809_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210616-111809_Settings.png
    75.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Molto33

Jun 8, 2021
Weird. In the past, I had some issues where the lower part would become laggy if it got hot, but it wasn't ROM-related.. I think the best you could do is try with another ROM (Stock or Nougat/14.1) and report back?
Same thing after rolling back to official ROM, the downside of my screen seems dead.... Really weird... Too bad, i would love to have a Sony Phone with a recent update ;)

darkangel32

Mar 26, 2020
When will we be getting Android 12 ?

Now, that would be something. Z5C totally deserves it, really like the older xperia devices, their boxy industrial look is still killer even today.

Edit: you have to think that Android 12 isnt more then a beta now. The full release will be later this autumn i think.

Last edited:
Reactions: beflythis

Fantaflasche

Mar 12, 2012
First off: sorry if this was brought up at some point - I only skimmed through the 31 pages of this thread.

There seems to be a problem in LineageOS with apps which use a local VPN server like Netguard or TrackerControl. When using one of these all internet traffic is blocked regardless if blocking is enabled in the app or not. This seems to affect all LineageOS derivatives:
Some Android versions, including LineageOS and /e/ for some devices, contain a bug resulting in all internet traffic being blocked. Mostly, you can workaround this bug by enabling filtering in NetGuard's Advanced options. If this doesn't solve the issue, the problem can unfortunately not be fixed or worked around by NetGuard. Please see here for a fix.
The problem is further explained here. However the issue has apparently been fixed for some Samsung devices, so I'm hopeful this can be fixed for the Z5 compact as well :)

Last edited:

biwuchen

Feb 27, 2021
If you want to remove apps, that are available in much better variants (or that you don't need ;) ), enter these lines one by one in a terminal:
Code:
adb root
adb shell

mount -o remount,rw /

rm -rf /system/product/app/Email
rm -rf /system/product/app/Exchange2
rm -rf /system/product/app/Jelly
rm -rf /system/product/app/Recorder
rm /system/product/priv-app/Eleven/Eleven.apk
rm /system/system_ext/priv-app/Gallery2/Gallery2.apk
  • "Email" is the built-in E-Mail app, I've replaced it with K-9 Mail
  • "Jelly" is the built-in browser, I've replaced it with Firefox
  • "Eleven" is the built-in music-app, I've replaced it with poweramp
  • "Gallery2" is the built-in picture gallery, I've replaced it with simple gallery pro
Don't forget to reboot!
thank you

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
Since today there is a "pico" and a "nano" flavour of OpenGApps for Android 11 available.
Please pay attention, that these versions are NOT compatible with a previour installed MindTheGApps oder NikGApps version. There are inconsistences in /data that causes the device NOT to boot!

Edit: I'm therefore not responsible for a no longer working device and I will therefore not answer any error message regarding GApps!

darkangel32

Mar 26, 2020
Since today there is a "pico" and a "nano" flavour of OpenGApps for Android 11 available.
Please pay attention, that these versions are NOT compatible with a previour installed MindTheGApps oder NikGApps version. There are inconsistences in /data that causes the device NOT to boot!

Edit: I'm therefore not responsible for a no longer working device and I will therefore not answer any error message regarding GApps!

A 'not working device', as in a brick?

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
A brick is a not working device too. ;)

But nothing I'm presenting here should brick a device if the user is following my installation instructions and is using a device that is supported by my software releases.

No, I'm talking about failure in the boot process followed by a restart.

MindTheGApps seems to set something in the /data partition that makes the device NOT to boot if MindTheGApps is not found in /system. If that happens, you simply have to reflash MindTheGApps.

darkangel32

Mar 26, 2020
A brick is a not working device too. ;)

But nothing I'm presenting here should brick a device if the user is following my installation instructions and is using a device that is supported by my software releases.

No, I'm talking about failure in the boot process followed by a restart.

MindTheGApps seems to set something in the /data partition that makes the device NOT to boot if MindTheGApps is not found in /system. If that happens, you simply have to reflash MindTheGApps.

I have never been able to 'brick' any xperia device. Even when things have gone wrong, i have been able to use this fastboot/flashtool to sort things out. Once i wiped ALL data accidently, the whole phone, i realized it and managed to not shutdown the phone and remain in TWRP, load the rom via USB and flash again.

Its quite rare to totally render these devices unusable if you just follow the instructions as you say.

Thanks for your good work :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I finally managed to increase the write speed on /sdcard partition dramatically:
    Code:
    suzuran:/ $ dd if=/dev/zero of=/sdcard/output count=65536
    65536+0 records in
    65536+0 records out
    33554432 bytes (32 M) copied, 0.706444 s, 45 M/s
    suzuran:/ $
    • Android security patch level: 5 July 2021
    • Minor changes in the devices' fingerprint; hopefully GPay payment is working now.
    • Major changes regarding ims. But unfortunately VoLTE is still not working.
    I'm hopeful this can be fixed for the Z5 compact as well
    Issue is fixed! The fix will be published in my next version as soon as the "Android security patch level" has been updated.
    Please be patient.
    @darkangel32 "boxy industrial look" made me smile, with a Milestone2 sitting in its dock on the desk next to me ;-)
    Hi all:

Here is a LineageOS 18.1 ROM for Z5 compact (suzuran).

Download 2021-07-19

This is a 7z archive with the zip'ed ROM and the md5 file in it. Please unpack this archive, copy the included two files somewhere to your device, reboot into TWRP and flash this zip file. Enable zip verification and md5sum checking.

Kernel sources
    Tree sources

Features:

• OS Version: 11 (R)
    • Kernel: Linux 3.10
    • Kernel 3.10.108
    • New: Android security patch level: 5 July 2021
    • Using Sony blob's from stock version 32.4.A.1.54

Important informations:
    • You should be familiar with general installation of custom ROMs.
    • Required for installation: TWRP 3.2.1 (pick the version from 2018-02-23!!!)
      OR use my self built TWRP-version 3.5.2!
    • This ROM needs a clean install, old /data may cause problems!
    • This ROM is NOT pre-rooted. For rooting you can use Magisk.
    Working:
    • Phone calls
    • SMS
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth (WIP)
    • Fingerprint
    • GPS
    • Location services
    • Headset
    • LiveDisplay
    • Enforced SELinux support
    • Torch
    • German app AusweisApp2
    • Offline charging
    • Notification LED
    • GApps (MindTheGApps 11 arm64)
    • Camera; both built-in camera (Snap) and 3-rd party camera apps.
      Camera2 may be a little bit laggy, please use 3-rd party camera app instead; for example OpenCamera. If you're running into errors, please report.
    • FM-Radio (maybe it needs a few restarts before it's working)
    • SafetyNet test passed successfully
    • Hotspot
    • Restart into recovery
    • New: Bluetooth voice calls
    • New: Full speed on /sdcard partition
    These things are NOT working (or badly working):
    • Encryption
    • Camera focus at low distances.
    • Streaming (mirroring)
    • Payment
    Maybe some more things are not working.

Use this ROM at your own risk! It comes without any warranty! I'm not responsible for any damage! If you don't agree with that, don't try to flash this ROM in any way.

Benefits:

• Added F-Droid and UnifiedNLP! If you don't want this, simply de-install it.
    • I've set maximum speaker volume to a higher value.
    • I've increased microphone gain.
    • I've changed the microfone gain to avoid echo in phone calls.
    Changelog

Troubleshooting:

• If you're running into an error, please search in this thread if this error is already posted, before you post it again!
      If not, I need a LOG to see what went wrong. Without a LOG I can't help you!
      A LOG can be fetched by connecting the device with an USB cable to your PC and then by typing these commands line by line:
      Code:
      adb root
      adb shell logcat -b all -d > logcat
      Send my this LOG file via PM.
    • If you think this could be a SELinux related issue, please try to set the device to permissive mode first.
      If the issue is gone, I need the policy file too (plus LOG). Fetch it by typing this line in a terminal:
      Code:
      adb pull /sys/fs/selinux/policy
    • If you stuck in a bootloop you can fetch a LOG with this trick:
      • Press the power button and the volume up button together until the device shuts down.
      • HOLD the power button.
      • Release the volume up button and press the volume down button immediately after releasing the volmue up button.
      • The device should start into TWRP recovery.
      • Tap on "Advanced", then on "Terminal" and enter these commands line by line:
        Code:
        cd sys/fs/pstore
        cp * /sdcard
      • Send me the copied file(s), if any, via PM.

One last request:

Please, do not ask about problems for which my ROM is not responsible.
    From now on I will only react to problems that I can reproduce and that are caused by my ROM.

I'm sorry for that, but I'm developing this ROM in my spare time and I still have a normal life.
    • Kernel improvements
    I finally managed to increase the write speed on /sdcard partition dramatically:
    Code:
    suzuran:/ $ dd if=/dev/zero of=/sdcard/output count=65536
    65536+0 records in
    65536+0 records out
    33554432 bytes (32 M) copied, 0.706444 s, 45 M/s
    suzuran:/ $
    • Android security patch level: 5 May 2021
    • Hotspot should work now!
    • UnifiedNlp now supports location provider