• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11][R]LineageOS 18.1 for z5c (suzuran)

Search This thread

Max8719

May 14, 2018
Hm, i know its not apples to apples (lol), but Apple does so.... Your totally right but i think Sony should support their devices longer then one or two OS updates. Todays devices in special since their so expensive.
Yes, you are right. They do not even maintain their flagship models regularly with security patch updates. You can be happy if the update it every 2 months. For example, if you get a security patch from Sony this month, it is probably from 5 May, if you are lucky from 5 June. And that's a shame for such a big company.

I know you can not make money with regular updates, but you you can bind customers to the company with a good update service, so that the will probably buy a Sony phone again. I'm sorry, I do not wanted to start a discussion about this topic, because this isn't they right thread for this.

Reactions: darkangel32

darkangel32

Mar 26, 2020
Yes, you are right. They do not even maintain their flagship models regularly with security patch updates. You can be happy if the update it every 2 months. For example, if you get a security patch from Sony this month, it is probably from 5 May, if you are lucky from 5 June. And that's a shame for such a big company.

I know you can not make money with regular updates, but you you can bind customers to the company with a good update service, so that the will probably buy a Sony phone again. I'm sorry, I do not wanted to start a discussion about this topic, because this isn't they right thread for this.

Couldnt agree more with your post, and your totally correct, it aint the thread for it. Its a reminder how much Berni and others mean for the community who love these mobile devices though.

Keep up the good work!

Reactions: Delfinololo

H4NNE5

Jun 2, 2015
ROM crashes upon login to Google
After installation of the ROM and the latest "MindTheGapps" release I wanted to log in to Google, but the system crashes and restarts.
After that I tried it with a NikGapps Core Release but with the same result. Can you observe the same?
I did a Factory Reset Wipe before the installation.

Last edited:

Paulthe2

Jul 29, 2021
Hi Berni,
Could you be so kind and enable this flag CONFIG_USB_MSM_ACA in the next compilation.
It will allow to charge XZ5c simultaneously while connecting USB gadgets in OTG mode.
This feature I miss a lot in Lineage OS.

Thanks for any answer,
Paul

1ggn3

Oct 26, 2020
Hi,
I noticed some weird crashes, usually when the phone is sleeping (if I had to guess, then deep doze). Sometimes it happens several times in a row, sometimes I can go hours/days without a crash. Does this happen to other people, too? I heard somewhere that there is a hardware bug with some SN810 chips, where the big cores start making trouble. Could this be the beginning of it?

Btw, crash log is here: https://github.com/Professor-Berni/android_kernel_sony_msm8994/issues/1

1ggn3

Oct 26, 2020
Hi Berni,
Could you be so kind and enable this flag CONFIG_USB_MSM_ACA in the next compilation.
It will allow to charge XZ5c simultaneously while connecting USB gadgets in OTG mode.
This feature I miss a lot in Lineage OS.

Thanks for any answer,
Paul
By the way, what kind of cable do you use for that? I haven't seen one like tha for some time now.

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
Here is a compressed (uncompress it before usage!) boot image file that contains this fix. You can flash this file by typing
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
in a terminal window in fastboot mode.
Please report if this is working or not.

Reactions: casouzaj

Paulthe2

Jul 29, 2021
Here is a compressed (uncompress it before usage!) boot image file that contains this fix. You can flash this file by typing
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
in a terminal window in fastboot mode.
Please report if this is working or not.
Big thank you Berni!

I will report if my XZ5c is stable after flashing that.
Later on, when I confirm a few Y cables I will report it in more details.

BR,
Paul

Paulthe2

Jul 29, 2021
By the way, what kind of cable do you use for that? I haven't seen one like tha for some time now.
Hi 1ggn3,

I’ve bought one cable (seems to be passive).
According to the seller, the OTG Y cable will power/charge only connected USB gadgets.

But I wouldn’t be so sure. With latest Berni’s LineageOS the cable works as OTG cable when not connected to the power at all or as a charging cable when not plugging any gadgets – depending on what was connected first. So, I guessing the logic is controlled by a phone. That’s why I asked Berni to make a change in the firmware. Then, there are other cable described in Internet. Typical Y cable – with power (red and black cables connected parallelly to regular OTG cable) or the solution described on DIY page – a cable with a switch. I’m going to check them all to find a right solution. But the prerequisite for that task is having ACA enabled in the firmware.

BR,
Paul

1ggn3

Oct 26, 2020
Typical Y cable – with power (red and black cables connected parallelly to regular OTG cable) or the solution described on DIY page – a cable with a switch.
Thanks, I know it might be a bit off topic here, but I have been searching a bit for such a cable for my tablet, which has only one USB-OTG port for charging and data (Dell Venue8Pro/"5830"). I kind of assumed that those cables died out when USB-C took over, good to hear I just haven't looked hard enough.

darkangel32

Mar 26, 2020
When someone tries to call to my z5c, i can hear the ringtone going, but screen doesnt light up, neither am i able to answer the call. After the caller hangs up, i get the notification of a missed call. Anything i have to change in the settings, or is it a rare rom glitch?

If i try to call back/call someone, the phone is not showing the actual phonecall attempt, just the same screen but the phone call is actually placed (the recieving end sees the phone call).

Must the phone calling app?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New version out; see 1st post.
    • Android security patch level: 5 September 2021
    is there any chance you'll want/be able to put android 12 on Z5C when it will be the time?
    Yes... :cool:
    • Android security patch level: 5 September 2021

Thanks a lot. Just a small feedback: my banking app still works fine after the update, thanks for the signed build!
    What is "imx 300" and why should it help is with our problems with ancient and closed-source vendor blob's?
    Imx 300 is a rear camera module of our device, which was installed on newer Sony models. They also have android 11, the camera works well there and there are no problems with focusing
    Simply disable zip verification. The zip file itself is not signed. I haven't managed to sign it. I'm sorry.

Edit: I've just changed my 1st post.
    Hi all:

Here is a LineageOS 18.1 ROM for Z5 compact (suzuran).

Download 2021-09-13

This is a 7z archive with the zip'ed ROM and the md5 file in it. Please unpack this archive, copy the included two files somewhere to your device, reboot into TWRP and flash this zip file. Enable md5sum checking. The zip file itself is not signed, so you have to disable zip verification.

Kernel sources
    Tree sources

Features:

• OS Version: 11 (R)
    • Kernel: Linux 3.10
    • Kernel 3.10.108
    • New: Android security patch level: 5 September 2021
    • Using Sony blob's from stock version 32.4.A.1.54

Important informations:
    • You should be familiar with general installation of custom ROMs.
    • Required for installation: TWRP 3.2.1 (pick the version from 2018-02-23!!!)
      OR use my self built TWRP-version 3.5.2!
    • This ROM needs a clean install, old /data may cause problems!
    • This ROM is NOT pre-rooted. For rooting you can use Magisk.
    Working:
    • Phone calls
    • SMS
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth (WIP)
    • Fingerprint
    • GPS
    • Location services
    • Headset
    • LiveDisplay
    • Enforced SELinux support
    • Torch
    • German app AusweisApp2
    • Offline charging
    • Notification LED
    • GApps (MindTheGApps 11 arm64)
    • Camera; both built-in camera (Snap) and 3-rd party camera apps.
      Camera2 may be a little bit laggy, please use 3-rd party camera app instead; for example OpenCamera. If you're running into errors, please report.
    • FM-Radio (maybe it needs a few restarts before it's working)
    • SafetyNet test passed successfully
    • Hotspot
    • Restart into recovery
    • New: Bluetooth voice calls
    • New: Full speed on /sdcard partition
    These things are NOT working (or badly working):
    • Encryption
    • Camera focus at low distances.
    • Streaming (mirroring)
    • Payment
    Maybe some more things are not working.

Use this ROM at your own risk! It comes without any warranty! I'm not responsible for any damage! If you don't agree with that, don't try to flash this ROM in any way.

Benefits:

• Added F-Droid and UnifiedNLP! If you don't want this, simply de-install it.
    • I've set maximum speaker volume to a higher value.
    • I've increased microphone gain.
    • I've changed the microfone gain to avoid echo in phone calls.
    Changelog

Troubleshooting:

• If you're running into an error, please search in this thread if this error is already posted, before you post it again!
      If not, I need a LOG to see what went wrong. Without a LOG I can't help you!
      A LOG can be fetched by connecting the device with an USB cable to your PC and then by typing these commands line by line:
      Code:
      adb root
      adb shell logcat -b all -d > logcat
      Send my this LOG file via PM.
    • If you think this could be a SELinux related issue, please try to set the device to permissive mode first.
      If the issue is gone, I need the policy file too (plus LOG). Fetch it by typing this line in a terminal:
      Code:
      adb pull /sys/fs/selinux/policy
    • If you stuck in a bootloop you can fetch a LOG with this trick:
      • Press the power button and the volume up button together until the device shuts down.
      • HOLD the power button.
      • Release the volume up button and press the volume down button immediately after releasing the volmue up button.
      • The device should start into TWRP recovery.
      • Tap on "Advanced", then on "Terminal" and enter these commands line by line:
        Code:
        cd sys/fs/pstore
        cp * /sdcard
      • Send me the copied file(s), if any, via PM.

One last request:

Please, do not ask about problems for which my ROM is not responsible.
    From now on I will only react to problems that I can reproduce and that are caused by my ROM.

I'm sorry for that, but I'm developing this ROM in my spare time and I still have a normal life.
    • Kernel improvements
    I finally managed to increase the write speed on /sdcard partition dramatically:
    Code:
    suzuran:/ $ dd if=/dev/zero of=/sdcard/output count=65536
    65536+0 records in
    65536+0 records out
    33554432 bytes (32 M) copied, 0.706444 s, 45 M/s
    suzuran:/ $
    • Android security patch level: 5 May 2021
    • Hotspot should work now!
    • UnifiedNlp now supports location provider