/* * Your warranty will be VOID after installing a custom ROM. * * Get notified yourself that I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, * and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, * I will laugh at you. */
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
# What's working
- Audio playback
- Only bottom speakers
- Bluetooth audio
- Video playback
- Fingerprint sensor
- LTE (SM-T825)
- Widevine L1
- USB ADB/MTP/OTG
- Samsung Doze
- Palm rejection
- SD Card
# What's not working
- Quad speakers
- WiFi display
- SELinux permissive
- Hardware encryption
- Lots of things I couldn't find...
## LineageOS 18.1
## OpenGApps for Android 11
## TWRP Recovery
- You can use mine, please visit this thread.
# How to install
- Unlock the bootloader.
- Download TWRP and flash the recovery image via Odin.
- Download LineageOS 18.1 for Galaxy Tab S3.
- Be aware of the board name.
- Download GAPPS for Android 11and the others you want to flash.
- Only OpenGApps is tested. (open_gapps-arm64-11.0-pico-20210130-TEST.zip)
- Enter TWRP recovery.
- The first boot to TWRP might be very slow because of the unmatched file systems.
- Format the whole system, data, cache partitions using the format menu.
- You will type `yes` to do that.
- Flash the images.
- If you're going to install GApps or something, you have to install the LineageOS first.
- Reboot the system.
# Known issues
- Settings app crashes for the first run
- SD card may not be recognized for the file system, excepts VFAT (FAT32)
- WiFi display causes reboot
- Some GApps packages including BitGApps won't work with my TWRP 3.5.2_9.0
- Battery usage data for each app may report nothing
- The side button on S-Pen is working but you must use the proper application that can handle the button event
- Enabling AudioFX may cause a short popping sound when playing a sound
- Thank all of you for the feedback
- It may take time to fix the audio and camera. To get further information, see the second post on this thread.
- For now, it may not be good for the daily driver. Please be aware that this is a test version yet. I have no responsibility for your data.
- Device Tree
- Kernel: https://github.com/awesometic/android_kernel_samsung_msm8996
# Telegram Groups
- If you are interested in developing this potential machine, please tell me through PM then I will send you the invitation link.
- If you need a general discussion channel for this potential machine or want to share the news of its Android projects from anyone to everyone, you can join our discussion group chat.
# Buy me a coffee
- If you like my efforts or would like to support me, please don't hesitate to buy me a cup of coffee.
# Credits / Special thanks to
- Android Open Source Project
- LineageOS Team
- @Valera1978 for his amazing previous work including his MSM8996 kernel
- @supermike86 and @samsuffit for testing LineageOS 18.1 for T820, which is I don't have one
- @bmwdroid and @cherepanov for confirming the LTE works
- @sebmue for letting me know that the useful information for palm rejection, and @ghostwheel for sharing its working source codes on Android 9
- @switchgott for helping me in the development discussion and creating Telegram groups
- All from our Telegram discussion channel, @EonOfBlack , Sands, David Becker, ...