• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11][TB-X704F/L] LineageOS 18.1 for Lenovo Tab4 10 Plus

Search This thread

Jawarens

Aug 9, 2010
i finally got time to dig out the tablet again.
Here is an logcat of Wifi and Bluetooth not starting.
I would guess ive messed something up and overlooked something but much appreciated if anyone would take a look

File upload failed mutliple times heres a pastebin

Last edited:
Reactions: Nuclear Blast

erion_vl

May 20, 2012
Maastricht
hey there,
i wanted to flash Lineageos_18.1 on my TB-X704F, followed everything from first post but apparently something went wrong, tablet starts but doesn't get past setup screen and just reboots.
I used the lenovo rescue program to flash it back to stock but still no joy. IT doesn't get past setup screen and just reboots. Bootloader still shows as unlocked !?
Can somebody help me to get this working ?

Reactions: OL-Mark

yener90

Dec 10, 2018
Why didn't you followed modding tb common so other users with other models could easily implement your solution? :(
I believe there is something wrong with the kernel. I've got reboots and battery shows sometimes wrong and forces shutdown. The implementation of lenovos power and charge feature is really stupid, you must be careful. Wrong things can easily break the tablet.

Berniyh

Mar 28, 2021
Hi,

first, many thanks for providing the image. :)
I installed it and so far it seems to work (within the known spectrum of functionality), but I have a few questions:
1. it says that I should do a factory reset. I wasn't sure about this. From older guides, I figured that this is done executing the command `fastboot oem unlock-go`? If so, then I did do it.
2. Before or after flashing the image, should I wipe anything in TWRP?
3. There was some problem with the auto rotation. It seemed off by 90°? It also seems that a reboot fixed it? Is that normal behavior or a bug?
4. When starting the device I get a message "There's an internal problem with your device. Contact your manufacturer for details.". Any idea what this is about and what to do about it? Or how to gather information on the problem?

Just want to clear up these things before I start installing stuff in case I have to restart from scratch.

Edit: btw. Sim card seems to work fine for me, including LTE. GPS, too.

Edit2: just realized I missed a post on the previous page that has the same message as in my point 4.

Last edited:

Valkinaz

Jan 17, 2017
Google Pixel 3
Until then, does anyone else get a message like that with the TB-X704L?
I have this message. Here is logcat taken after fresh restart. Does anything else needed?

Additionally I noticed that if you encrypt TB- X704L, then if you mess up with password, you will be locked in consequences attempts even if you input correct password until you reboot. Basically set pass as 123, reboot, input 1234 to get wrong pass notice and after that you cant login with 123 anymore until next reboot. Start up screen will always return "wrong passsword"

Edit: For some reason I can't attach logcat. Lets try it this way

Last edited:

Berniyh

Mar 28, 2021
If you search around the web for that message, in most occasions it's said that there might be a discrepancy between the build.prop files in /vendor and /system. I did have a look at these files and I couldn't find anything that's set in both files and wouldn't match, so I doubt it's actually that.
Another suggestion I found is that it could be caused by the bootloader being unlocked, but as far as I understood, it might be a bad idea to lock it due to missing signatures?

Also want to add that – as reported before by tabbeber – I'm having trouble with my magnetic cover. Opening the lid does wake the tablet as suggested, but closing it does not turn off the screen, I have to do that manually by pressing the power button.

Berniyh

Mar 28, 2021
Also want to add that – as reported before by tabbeber – I'm having trouble with my magnetic cover. Opening the lid does wake the tablet as suggested, but closing it does not turn off the screen, I have to do that manually by pressing the power button.
I actually have to revert that part of my comment. For some reason the magnetic cover just started working properly.
No idea what happened, I didn't do anything apart from putting the tablet away for a day.
I'm 100% certain it didn't work yesterday, or rather only when opening. Closing the tablet didn't put it to sleep.
Now, a day later, it does. Without a reboot or any other measure. Very strange.
But at least it's working. :)

speakphone

Dec 7, 2018
I'm using lineage 16. Would it be faster or slower after 18?
We don't use this for much as it's slow as.

Is there any 'easy' way to upgrade from 16? After covid my intelligence has dropped and I don't know I can handle it again.

LumenReaper

Nov 26, 2018
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
Google Pixel 3
i finally got time to dig out the tablet again.
Here is an logcat of Wifi and Bluetooth not starting.
I would guess ive messed something up and overlooked something but much appreciated if anyone would take a look
Please make sure you did a clean install.
I believe there is something wrong with the kernel. I've got reboots and battery shows sometimes wrong and forces shutdown. The implementation of lenovos power and charge feature is really stupid, you must be careful. Wrong things can easily break the tablet.
Welcome back. The modified kuntao kernel is much more stable for me than the lenovo-devs' one. Anyway feel free to constribute.
1. it says that I should do a factory reset. I wasn't sure about this. From older guides, I figured that this is done executing the command `fastboot oem unlock-go`? If so, then I did do it.
2. Before or after flashing the image, should I wipe anything in TWRP?
3. There was some problem with the auto rotation. It seemed off by 90°? It also seems that a reboot fixed it? Is that normal behavior or a bug?
4. When starting the device I get a message "There's an internal problem with your device. Contact your manufacturer for details.". Any idea what this is about and what to do about it? Or how to gather information on the problem?
1. Once the bootloader is unlocked, there is no need to mess with it again.
2. Format data to make a clean install. Then wipe the common partitions like Dalvik/System/Data/Internal Storage/Cache.
3. This is the case since the first custom rom (LineageOS 14.1). A reboot and you are good to go.
4. This happens for TB-X704L I think. Was reported before.
Additionally I noticed that if you encrypt TB- X704L, then if you mess up with password, you will be locked in consequences attempts even if you input correct password until you reboot. Basically set pass as 123, reboot, input 1234 to get wrong pass notice and after that you cant login with 123 anymore until next reboot. Start up screen will always return "wrong passsword"
Need to look into this when I find time for it. Sounds interessting.

Jawarens

Aug 9, 2010
Yes its been wiped multiple times. last time i installed a few software to be able to test some things out.
its been wiped in the sugested full factory wipes and advanced wipes. but ill do it again with the latest build youve done.
Thanks for checking

Edit with logs. Clean install and only logcat software installed and no Gstore stuff.
Is my device missing its firmware bin files... or am i missreading this.
Pastebin became to small.
https://zerobin.net/?34ec9477a83c9ab5#EXPgEU/KIiBf/EZows67SU78Gfpm3kYXkbZ9p1yw0lA= (focused on wifi)
https://zerobin.net/?d693e6e5a7dc91a0#QHcy6Wy8zJpiMzF6rPW20HEmLNtFtbuAEzPYpUNyK94= (focused on bluetooth)

Last edited:

Mata_Ratos

Jan 14, 2013
Please make sure you did a clean install.

Welcome back. The modified kuntao kernel is much more stable for me than the lenovo-devs' one. Anyway feel free to constribute.

1. Once the bootloader is unlocked, there is no need to mess with it again.
2. Format data to make a clean install. Then wipe the common partitions like Dalvik/System/Data/Internal Storage/Cache.
3. This is the case since the first custom rom (LineageOS 14.1). A reboot and you are good to go.
4. This happens for TB-X704L I think. Was reported before.

Need to look into this when I find time for it. Sounds interessting.
Where did you get the kuntao kernel? I've never heard of this kernel...

siuba

Nov 25, 2006
i just updated my x704a with this rom, however, startup got
"there's an internal problem with your device contact your manufacturer for details lineage" message, anyone know how to fix it? thanks

maximgorbilev

Oct 15, 2012
Same problem on all devices, and we dont know can developer fix it. I back to 16.0 version most stable realise. 17.1 is updatable, exist version at september 21. 9 and 10 android dont have this problem.

syanideS

Oct 16, 2021
Hi guys. Did annintall and all seemed fine. I get the set up screen but after the WiFi page, it stops on "SIM card Missing". But I don't have a simmcard version and as a result, I cannot get past this page.

I cannot also pull down the settings to change it to file transfer mode to go into reload the file from my laptop to reinstall again.

Can see that anyone else is having this issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i just updated my x704a with this rom, however, startup got
    "there's an internal problem with your device contact your manufacturer for details lineage" message, anyone know how to fix it? thanks
    Hi, can I ask whether you had any luck with Netflix?

I can't install it from the Play Store and sideloading it works up until the point I open the app, where it says this device is not supported.

I'm new to Magisk, and installed via TWRP, but for some reason can't get past the SafetyNet checks - any help anyone can offer would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    I do have magisk and I passed sayety net using the universal safety net fix. You need to install it using magisk. Just follow the instructions on XDA . I'm using Netflix etc all fine. I did also change the device ID using magisk and safety net fix not sure if that helped.
    ( "then change the device ID to one that's certified.")

How do we find certified ID? i couldn't understand here
    It you follow the instructions on the module then open the terminal emulator and start the module it should come up with a list to choose from
    It you follow the instructions on the module then open the terminal emulator and start the module it should come up with a list to choose from
    İt's done thanks... Safety net passed and Google play is now certified :))
    Play store now thinks it's xiaomi redmi7. :)) for example I can see asphalt9 in the market. It certainly didn't exist before.
    Same here I'm afraid - I have the non cellular version - I've connected to multiple wifi access points, and no dice - unable to complete the first run setup of this flash. I've tried wiping internal storage, Dalvik, caches etc rebooting installing the zip again, one more wipe of the caches for good measure and still the same
    I have 2 of these tablets, both non-cellular/wifi only and I've been flashing GApps immediately following the ROM (i.e. same queue of zips in TWRP) and this has let me set up the tablet using a Google backup from my phone (I just untick everything in the next screen). It's still buggy but it's the only way I could bypass this glitch. Hope that helps
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

3rd PARTY ADDONS/MODS
    While we have no issues with people using supersu/magisk/xposed/custom kernels/etc, we can't provide support for users who have them installed.

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS
    - Upgrade to latest available official firmware
    - Upgrade to latest available TWRP
    - Download the LineageOS zip(s). (see Downloads)
    - Copy the LineageOS zip to internal/external sdcard.
    - Unlock bootloader and install TWRP.
    - Boot into TWRP.
    - Perform a backup of your current ROM. (Optional)
    - RECOMMENDED: Do a factory reset! No support if you didn't!
    - Flash LineageOS.
    - Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    - Reboot

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS
    - Download the LineageOS zip(s). (see Downloads)
    - Copy the LineageOS zip to internal/external sdcard.
    - Flash LineageOS.
    - Update the Google Apps addon package if it is installed on your current LineageOS version.
    - Reboot

WHAT WORKS:
    Wifi
    Bluetooth
    Audio
    Camera
    LED
    USB
    Encryption
    Hall sensor
    DT2W (disabled by default in settings)
    Fingerprint
    Selinux Enforcing

BROKEN:
    GPS (working for some users, read page 5 and 6)
    SIM card (help needed as I have the wifi-only-tablet)
    Bluetooth aptx (reported by user, unconfirmed)
    Wireless display (reported by user, unconfirmed)

DOWNLOADS
    LineageOS 18.1: GitHub
    TWRP: XDA Thread

DEVELOPER RESOURCES
    GitHub

MANY THANKS TO THE CONTRIBUTORS
    @Coffeinflash
    New build is up

2021-06-27

• SELinux Enforcing
    • Support fingerprint authentication in apps
    • Build kernel with clang compiler
    • Adjust kernel (add Wireguard VPN, drop zcache and legacy filesystems, etc.)
    As communicated in the last release, build is available on GitHub. Those who have an account there can also be notified of new versions from GitHub by clicking on "Watch".

Otherwise, we are close to the goal, from my side, only the GPS needs to be fixed. Someone who has the appropriate tablet would have to work on mobile data. Everything else should work, as far as I know or have been told.
    New build is up

2021-06-15

• Upstream changes (including June security patch)
    • Fingerprint sensor bring up
    • Rebase kernel on kuntao (Lenovo P2)

Rebasing the kernel is associated with massive changes. On the one hand, there are bug fixes that prevent the kernel from crashing due to an exception in the WiFi driver. On the other hand, new problems can come along with it.

The new version (and the old ones) can now be found exclusively on GitHub. The link is in the first post.
    I had the 17.1 Version of LineageOS installed on my Tablet and I am glad that there are People like you to support these Devices in their leisure Time. Thank you so much for your effort.

Soon I will test your 18.1 Version.

These Firms like Lenovo treat us like idiots and dont offer updates. I will never buy a new Lenovo Tablet.
    Unfortunately, I cannot get GPS to work. I have tried with GPSTEST, and it keeps notifying me, that "GPS/GNSS is deactivated. Activate now?". But location is activated.
    Can confirm the problem. I have already made some progress and got rid of the message in GPSTest, but the current location is still not displayed. I will probably have to look further.
    I've flashed the latest build of Lineage OS 18.1 and I'm satisfied with it.
    The ROM is now stable for daily use.
    I'm glad to hear that. With the next version, the rom will be even better, as the fingerprint scanner will then work. The hint from @Ecthelion4 was decisive, the same code also works on 18.1.