[ROM][DISCONTINUED][11][TB-X704F/L] LineageOS 18.1 for Lenovo Tab4 10 Plus

Search This thread

1907Fb1907

Oct 4, 2020
Merhaba,

[USER = 9583233] LumenReaper [/ USER]!​

Çalışmanız için teşekkürler, efendim!

Söyleyin lütfen - Android 11.0'da yapılan Lineage OS 18.1?
Bu konunun ilk başlığında bununla ilgili bir kelime yok.

Cevabınız evet ise, bunun için Google Apps paketini nerede bulabilirim?
Sormak, çünkü https://opengapps.org/ adresinde Android 11 için hiçbir şey yok

teşekkür ederim

Pico works well with 11 tests. I dond,t know english sorry. Google translate:)

Reactions: Nuclear Blast

Coffeinflash

Jun 13, 2019
I succeeded to build the rom on my own and flashed it with the most recent TWRP 3.5.2
The tablet does not boot but falls back to recovery immediately. Currently restoring backup which is lineage 17.1 unfortunately.
Will try again the next days.

1907Fb1907

Oct 4, 2020
I love the rom, but after using it for a while, the power button does not turn off the tablet and the tablet freezes. I am using magisk. I wonder if this question has anything to do with magisk.
Thank you LumenReaper

Googole

I've clean flashed Lineage OS 18.1 and I could see the internal storage now.
But however, I came across a 2 issues:
- The tablet sometimes turns off itself
- The tablet turns off itself and boots to TWRP randomly.
Because of these issues I've rolled back to Lineage OS 17.1 and I'll wait until Lineage OS 18.1 is really stable enough to use it daily.

1907Fb1907

Oct 4, 2020
Because of these issues I've rolled back to Lineage OS 17.1 and I'll wait until Lineage OS 18.1 is really stable enough to use it daily.
Interestingly, these problems occur on my tablet in lineage 17.1 :).

What is the twrp version you installed lineage 18.1 and 17.1 on?

lukaspieper

Nov 26, 2018
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
Google Pixel 3
Great work Lumenreaper! (now I need to find the courage to install it on the only operational tablet that I own :))
I did manage to build it myself using Docker & the docker lineeage-ci-cd image (see https://github.com/lineageos4microg/docker-lineage-cicd )
Thank you very much, I'm glad you like it. I also only have the one tablet that serves as a production and development device. Everything possible stays on the SD card, so a clean flash is not too much work. Didn't know you could build it via Docker. Sounds interesting, but I'll stick with my VM.
If Yes, where can i find Google Apps package for it?
Mindthegapps is also still quite well-known.
Installed with a little error after every booting
View attachment 5300717
Honestly, you're not making it easy for me to help you. I don't know which version of the tablet you have, but I have a screenshot of an error message in a language I don't understand. A log (adb logcat) would be helpful.

Other than that, all I can say is that I've been using LineageOS 18.1 on my tablet (X704F) without Gapps for two weeks now and I don't get any error messages. Therefore, your error message tends not to come from my rom.
I succeeded to build the rom on my own and flashed it with the most recent TWRP 3.5.2
The tablet does not boot but falls back to recovery immediately. Currently restoring backup which is lineage 17.1 unfortunately.
Will try again the next days.
With a successful build, you are already well on your way. Have you compared the size of your zip file with mine? It should be similar, but not exactly the same size. If the size difference is significant, maybe you are still missing files?

If you see the LineageOS logo, you can get a log from about that time with adb logcat. If you don't see the LOS logo, there should be tombstones files that can be read with TWRP.

I also use the latest official TWRP version.

Reactions: Reynald0

lukaspieper

Nov 26, 2018
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
Google Pixel 3
I love the rom, but after using it for a while, the power button does not turn off the tablet and the tablet freezes. I am using magisk. I wonder if this question has anything to do with magisk.
Thank you LumenReaper
I have used Magisk with 17.1, but not yet with 18.1. Are we talking about using the power button to turn off the screen or shut down the device?
Glad to hear the internal memory is working for you now.
Interestingly, these problems occur on my tablet in lineage 17.1 :).

What is the twrp version you installed lineage 18.1 and 17.1 on?
That will be interesting. After all, you two describe exactly opposite behaviour for 18.1. Personally, I had no such problems under 17.1 or in the last two weeks with 18.1.

It will probably be very difficult to make progress here because I haven't had the problems until now and they only occurred sporadically on your system and I need a log in any case.

Coffeinflash

Jun 13, 2019
Build the rom again and now I am able to boot.
Attached you find the logs...

Camera-Error:
Code:
6] init: Control message: Could not find 'android.hardware.radio@1.4::IRadio/slot1' for ctl.interface_start from pid: 443 (/system/bin/hwservicemanager)
[  116.534513] init: starting service 'vendor.camera-provider-2-4'...
[  116.542324] init: starting service 'qti_gnss_service'...
[  116.543826] libprocessgroup: Failed to open /dev/cpuset/camera-daemon/tasks: No such file or directory: No such file or directory

Fingerprint-Error:
Code:
init: Control message: Could not find 'android.hardware.biometrics.fingerprint@2.1::IBiometricsFingerprint/default' for ctl.interface_start from pid: 443 (/system/bin/hwservicemanager)

SIM-Error (not sure if these lines are related):
Code:
05-07 10:19:19.269  1098  1098 D RILD    : RIL_Init rilInit completed
05-07 10:19:19.269  1098  1098 I RILC    : SIM_COUNT: 1
05-07 10:19:19.269  1098  1098 E RILC    : RIL_register: RIL version 15
05-07 10:19:19.269  1098  1098 I RILC    : s_registerCalled flag set, 1
05-07 10:19:19.269  1098  1098 D RILC    : registerService: starting android::hardware::radio::V1_1::IRadio slot1
05-07 10:19:19.270  1098  1098 I RILC    : RILHIDL called registerService
05-07 10:19:19.270  1098  1098 D RILD    : RIL_Init RIL_register completed
05-07 10:19:19.270  1098  1299 E RILC    : radioStateChangedInd: radioService[0]->mRadioIndication == NULL
05-07 10:19:19.270  1098  1098 D RILD    : RIL_register_socket started
05-07 10:19:19.276  1098  1098 D RIL_UIM_SOCKET: Adding socket with id: 0
05-07 10:19:19.276  1098  1098 I RILC    : RIL_register_socket: calling registerService
05-07 10:19:19.276  1098  1098 D RIL_SAP : registerService: starting ISap slot1 for slotId 0
05-07 10:19:19.277  1098  1098 D RIL_SAP : registerService: started ISap slot1 status 0
05-07 10:19:19.277  1098  1098 D RILD    : RIL_register_socket completed
05-07 10:19:19.343  1098  1299 E RILC    : oemHookRawInd: oemHookService[0]->mOemHookIndication == NULL
05-07 10:19:19.429  1098  1299 E RILC    : oemHookRawInd: oemHookService[0]->mOemHookIndication == NULL
05-07 10:19:19.431  1098  1299 E RILC    : currentSignalStrengthInd: radioService[0]->mRadioIndication == NULL
05-07 10:19:19.431  1098  1299 E RILC    : networkStateChangedInd: radioService[0]->mRadioIndication == NULL
05-07 10:19:19.446  1098  1299 E RILC    : radioStateChangedInd: radioService[0]->mRadioIndication == NULL
05-07 10:19:19.447  1098  1391 E RILC    : cdmaPrlChangedInd: radioService[0]->mRadioIndication == NULL
05-07 10:19:19.448  1098  1391 E RILC    : oemHookRawInd: oemHookService[0]->mOemHookIndication == NULL
05-07 10:19:19.450  1098  1391 E RILC    : simStatusChangedInd: radioService[0]->mRadioIndication == NULL
05-07 10:19:19.450  1098  1391 E RILC    : voiceRadioTechChangedInd: radioService[0]->mRadioIndication == NULL
05-07 10:19:19.450  1098  1391 E RILC    : currentSignalStrengthInd: radioService[0]->mRadioIndication == NULL
05-07 10:19:19.452  1098  1391 E RILC    : oemHookRawInd: oemHookService[0]->mOemHookIndication == NULL
05-07 10:19:19.457  1098  1391 V libsettings: [Command.cpp: 207] [rild(1098,1391)] getRegistry: > getRegistry: remote
05-07 10:19:19.458  1098  1391 V libsettings: [Command.cpp: 212] [rild(1098,1391)] getRegistry: < getRegistry:
05-07 10:19:19.458  1098  1391 E RILQ    : [settings.cc: 75] [rild(1098,1391)] settingsd_client_update_iccid_card: Unable to find command update_carrier in registry remote

Attachments

• radio.txt
    28.1 KB · Views: 10
  • logcat.txt
    1.1 MB · Views: 2

Nuclear Blast

Aug 3, 2012
Honestly, you're not making it easy for me to help you. I don't know which version of the tablet you have, but I have a screenshot of an error message in a language I don't understand. A log (adb logcat) would be helpful.

Other than that, all I can say is that I've been using LineageOS 18.1 on my tablet (X704F) without Gapps for two weeks now and I don't get any error messages. Therefore, your error message tends not to come from my rom.

Excuse me, you are right

I flashed Lenovo TB-X704L with your firmware.

Translation of screenshot is: "Android System. Internak error occuried. Connect to manufscture for additional information.."

Nuclear Blast

Aug 3, 2012

Confirm - it turned off once a minute ago.

Nuclear Blast

Aug 3, 2012
Situation the same, as it was on my screenshot

May be problem in encryption ?
And i must to decrypt smth?

lukaspieper

Nov 26, 2018
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
Google Pixel 3
Is this a version of this or android 10 that works for the regular tab4 10 model tb-x304f ?
This rom is for the Tab 10 Plus only.
Build the rom again and now I am able to boot.
Attached you find the logs...
Congratulations on the successful build. Thank you for the logs.

If you have the time and interest, feel free to work on the current bugs. The code for the fingerprint and camera must be adapted, as it does not compile. This also means that the logs for fingerprint and camera are currently uninteresting because the code cannot be built yet, but this is the first step. If you're interested, more info by PM.

@Nuclear Blast Thank you very much for the information on the exact tablet you have. Please don't take offence, but your speculations about what the cause could be are not helpful.

As already mentioned, I need a log. The command for this is called logcat. If you don't know how to do this, which is not a problem, you can find many tutorials on the term online.

Please also note that I do not offer any assistance for further modifications to the rom like 3rd party kernels. This is also stated in the initial post.
3rd PARTY ADDONS/MODS
While we have no issues with people using supersu/magisk/xposed/custom kernels/etc, we can't provide support for users who have them installed.
This thread is not the right place to discuss about mods/addons.

Reactions: Reynald0

lukaspieper

Nov 26, 2018
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
Google Pixel 3
To all who have reported random power offs, I can confirm this problem now, had the first one yesterday. I have included the problem in the first post. I cannot confirm the behaviour that the tablet then boots TWRP so far.

The good thing about it now is that I can analyse the problem more easily now that I am affected myself. I also already have a guess.

Have any of the people affected already had the tablet shut down in standby, i.e. not being actively used at that moment?

Otherwise, please describe the frequency and what you were doing just before the problem and whether you had turned on WiFi or Bluetooth, for example.

Even though I would like to tackle the problem immediately, I have to see how much time I can find for it. So it may take a some time, just to let you know. Thank you very much.

Oh I'm running it on the regular tab 10 now

This rom is for the Tab 10 Plus only.

Congratulations on the successful build. Thank you for the logs.

If you have the time and interest, feel free to work on the current bugs. The code for the fingerprint and camera must be adapted, as it does not compile. This also means that the logs for fingerprint and camera are currently uninteresting because the code cannot be built yet, but this is the first step. If you're interested, more info by PM.

@Nuclear Blast Thank you very much for the information on the exact tablet you have. Please don't take offence, but your speculations about what the cause could be are not helpful.

As already mentioned, I need a log. The command for this is called logcat. If you don't know how to do this, which is not a problem, you can find many tutorials on the term online.

Please also note that I do not offer any assistance for further modifications to the rom like 3rd party kernels. This is also stated in the initial post.

lukaspieper

Nov 26, 2018
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
Google Pixel 3
New build is up
  • Camera is working now (many thanks to @Coffeinflash for fixing it)
  • May security patch
  • Applied a patch to fix the random shutdowns

I had no crashes in the last hours of usage, but I can't 100% guarantee it yet. Please give feedback when you try the new build. Download is in the first post.

Edit: While the patch did fix an issues reported in the logs, it did not fix the random shutdowns.

Regarding Safetynet, I saw that there is a new Magisk version 23, you might want to try it out.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'v recompiled it with upstream updates (and proposed CTS fix on github). You can download it here.
    But I was not able to pass CTS Profile check (even with magisk v27).
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

3rd PARTY ADDONS/MODS
    While we have no issues with people using supersu/magisk/xposed/custom kernels/etc, we can't provide support for users who have them installed.

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS
    - Upgrade to latest available official firmware
    - Upgrade to latest available TWRP
    - Download the LineageOS zip(s). (see Downloads)
    - Copy the LineageOS zip to internal/external sdcard.
    - Unlock bootloader and install TWRP.
    - Boot into TWRP.
    - Perform a backup of your current ROM. (Optional)
    - RECOMMENDED: Do a factory reset! No support if you didn't!
    - Flash LineageOS.
    - Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    - Reboot

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS
    - Download the LineageOS zip(s). (see Downloads)
    - Copy the LineageOS zip to internal/external sdcard.
    - Flash LineageOS.
    - Update the Google Apps addon package if it is installed on your current LineageOS version.
    - Reboot

WHAT WORKS:
    Wifi
    Bluetooth
    Audio
    Camera
    LED
    USB
    Encryption
    Hall sensor
    DT2W (disabled by default in settings)
    Fingerprint
    Selinux Enforcing

BROKEN:
    GPS (working for some users, read page 5 and 6)
    SIM card (help needed as I have the wifi-only-tablet)
    Bluetooth aptx (reported by user, unconfirmed)
    Wireless display (reported by user, unconfirmed)

DOWNLOADS
    LineageOS 18.1: GitHub
    TWRP: XDA Thread

DEVELOPER RESOURCES
    GitHub

MANY THANKS TO THE CONTRIBUTORS
    @Coffeinflash
    New build is up

2021-06-27

• SELinux Enforcing
    • Support fingerprint authentication in apps
    • Build kernel with clang compiler
    • Adjust kernel (add Wireguard VPN, drop zcache and legacy filesystems, etc.)
    As communicated in the last release, build is available on GitHub. Those who have an account there can also be notified of new versions from GitHub by clicking on "Watch".

Otherwise, we are close to the goal, from my side, only the GPS needs to be fixed. Someone who has the appropriate tablet would have to work on mobile data. Everything else should work, as far as I know or have been told.
    New build is up

2021-06-15

• Upstream changes (including June security patch)
    • Fingerprint sensor bring up
    • Rebase kernel on kuntao (Lenovo P2)

Rebasing the kernel is associated with massive changes. On the one hand, there are bug fixes that prevent the kernel from crashing due to an exception in the WiFi driver. On the other hand, new problems can come along with it.

The new version (and the old ones) can now be found exclusively on GitHub. The link is in the first post.
    New October release available on GitHub!
    Changelog moved to GitHub.

2021-08-07
    • August security patch
    • Minor UI changes
    2021-06-27
    • SELinux Enforcing
    • Support fingerprint authentication in apps
    • Build kernel with clang compiler
    • Adjust kernel (add Wireguard VPN, drop zcache and legacy filesystems, etc.)
    2021-06-15
    • Upstream changes (including June security patch)
    • Fingerprint sensor bring up
    • Rebase kernel on kuntao
    2021-05-11
    • Camera is working now (many thanks to @Coffeinflash for fixing it)
    • May security patch
    • Applied a patch to fix the random shutdowns
    2021-04-30
    • Initial release