Nov 26, 2018
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
Google Pixel 3
New build is up

2021-06-27

• SELinux Enforcing
  • Support fingerprint authentication in apps
  • Build kernel with clang compiler
  • Adjust kernel (add Wireguard VPN, drop zcache and legacy filesystems, etc.)
As communicated in the last release, build is available on GitHub. Those who have an account there can also be notified of new versions from GitHub by clicking on "Watch".

Otherwise, we are close to the goal, from my side, only the GPS needs to be fixed. Someone who has the appropriate tablet would have to work on mobile data. Everything else should work, as far as I know or have been told.

lukaspieper

Nov 26, 2018
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
Google Pixel 3
@LumenReaper
I noticed another weirdness (which seems to be rooted in the firmware / partition design of this tablet, not in your ROM). Whenever one of the root-apps I use tried to even read from the /system partition (e.g. MiXplorer's root-explorer feature), the system freezes completely and must be shut down forcefully.
I remembered that I had a similar problem when I flashed the Android 9 / LOS 16 ROM for the first time, looked at the thread and found the following:

I appearently used that magisk module successfully on LOS 16, as I never had any problem with system freezes again. I now tried use the same zip in Magisk to regain the abillity to access /system, but appearently it does not work anymore on LOS 18.1 since it still freezes when trying to access anything on /system after flashing the zip via magisk.
Do you have / has anyone else got access to /system on this ROM ?
Since I am neither the developer of the module nor have I ever used it myself, I would like to kindly point out that I do not offer support for third-party modifications.

Nevertheless, it may help you with your research that the module you linked does nothing more than execute the following command:

Code:
mount -o rw,remount -t ext4 /system

Frankyg

Flashed from LOS 16.1 to this version 18.1.
Started with a factory reset from TWRP which was on v 3.2.2.0. Flashed the new rom, some gapps that were linked a page back, and magisk.

Seems mostly very good and stable. Couple of issues, formatted my 200 GB SD card as internal storage but it shows as a 256Gb card. Formatting as removable it shows correct size.

question; should it pass safety net with magisk hide enabled? Cleared cache etc but play store shows as not certified end CTS fails. Working for anyone? Or suggestions to pass safety net check?

Great work though, really great!

Reactions: Nuclear Blast

GRöder

May 18, 2021
New build is up

2021-06-27

• SELinux Enforcing
As communicated in the last release, build is available on GitHub. Those who have an account there can also be notified of new versions from GitHub by clicking on "Watch".

Otherwise, we are close to the goal, from my side, only the GPS needs to be fixed. Someone who has the appropriate tablet would have to work on mobile data. Everything else should work, as far as I know or have been told.
Great!
Just upgraded - works as expected. Thank you very much!

Since I am neither the developer of the module nor have I ever used it myself, I would like to kindly point out that I do not offer support for third-party modifications.
I didn't mean to sound demandingly, sorry if it came across that way. In fact, I'm quite grateful for your very dedicated and helpful work. (y)
I just wondered if there may be anyone else using this ROM who'd also like to get systen r/w access and has more knowledge than I do have on how to archive this.

Rainberry

Jun 9, 2021
Thanks for installing. Glad to hear you're getting along with the current feature set. I should have mentioned that my tablet has WiFi only. Feel free to send me a log if you want, but I expect it will be difficult to fix it without the device itself.
Personally, I have not had any problems with failing safetynet. In which situation does it cause you problems?

Will continue with the fingerprint scanner as soon as I have time again.

You' re welcome.
hey any chances that this rom will work on lenovo tab 4 10?? TB-X304L ?

tboege

Dec 2, 2014
I upgraded to 2021.06.15 and have not had any spontanous reboot since.
I have now upgraded to 2021.06.27.
No more SELinux warning, and I can confirm that finger print sensor works.
BUT: I cannot upgrade any apps throug the app-store.
Every time I tries to update an app, I get the notification "Not enough storage space. Free up space.." I have several GB available on the internal memory as well as on the sdcard.
If I try to install a new app, I get the possibility to remove another app. The selected app is removed, but I still cannot install a new app.

Reactions: Nuclear Blast

tboege

Dec 2, 2014
I upgraded to 2021.06.15 and have not had any spontanous reboot since.
I have now upgraded to 2021.06.27.
No more SELinux warning, and I can confirm that finger print sensor works.
BUT: I cannot upgrade any apps throug the app-store.
Every time I tries to update an app, I get the notification "Not enough storage space. Free up space.." I have several GB available on the internal memory as well as on the sdcard.
If I try to install a new app, I get the possibility to remove another app. The selected app is removed, but I still cannot install a new app.

tboege

Dec 2, 2014
I have now tried to start from scratch. I rebooted to recovery and deleted the system. I reflashed and did the initial configuration. Afterards, I was still not able to download and install apps from Play Store

PlsHelpXDA

Sep 21, 2020
Hello Lumenreaper, many thank for this rom. Today I come from codeworks last 17.1 rom. In this rom was email.apk included. In your rom unfortunately not. I have save the last apk from codeworks rom and install this in your rom. But the email.apk dosnt work. Can someone help that the email.apk runs also under LOS 18.1?

(AOSP email.apk from LOS 17.1)

Sorry for this "survival" english.

Best wish all

PlsHelpXDA

Sep 21, 2020
Problem is solved, I forgot the permissions - currently works fine, but I used the email.apk from 17.1 LOS from xiaomi A2 lite (8.2 MB) version 10. In Codeworks rom only 6.2MB, another version? I hope you can add version 11 of email.apk in a few weeks ... Many Thanks

Ecthelion4

Apr 14, 2017
Problem is solved, I forgot the permissions - currently works fine, but I used the email.apk from 17.1 LOS from xiaomi A2 lite (8.2 MB) version 10. In Codeworks rom only 6.2MB, another version? I hope you can add version 11 of email.apk in a few weeks ... Many Thanks
The email app was removed in LineageOS 18.1. This is nothing specific for this device but for LOS 18.1 in general. The advice from the LOS team AFAIK was to use another client, like e.g. K9 or FairEmail.

Reactions: R!ffRaff

lukaspieper

Nov 26, 2018
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
Google Pixel 3
Seems mostly very good and stable. Couple of issues, formatted my 200 GB SD card as internal storage but it shows as a 256Gb card. Formatting as removable it shows correct size.
Can confirm that SD cards work as removable storage. Haven't tried the use as internal storage function yet. Also, I don't have a card of that size here. Would be good if someone else could give some feedback on this.
I didn't mean to sound demandingly, sorry if it came across that way. In fact, I'm quite grateful for your very dedicated and helpful work. (y)
I just wondered if there may be anyone else using this ROM who'd also like to get systen r/w access and has more knowledge than I do have on how to archive this.
I didn't mean to sound harsh. I have no problem with third party modifications being discussed here. But I don't offer any help with that myself (only for the rom). I only replied because you mentioned me and no one else responded.
I have now tried to start from scratch. I rebooted to recovery and deleted the system. I reflashed and did the initial configuration. Afterards, I was still not able to download and install apps from Play Store
Have you formatted the partition? There is an extra button in the wipe menu for this. Wiping only the system partition is not a clean flash.
The advice from the LOS team AFAIK was to use another client, like e.g. K9 or FairEmail.
@PlsHelpXDA The app has been removed from LineageOS (it is not included in any LineageOS 18.1, not only for this device) because it has not been maintained for years and is therefore absolutely insecure. The mentioned alternatives are recommended.

Last edited:
Reactions: R!ffRaff

tboege

Dec 2, 2014
Have you formatted the partition? There is an extra button in the wipe menu for this. Wiping only the system partition is not a clean flash.
It helped that I formatted data before wiping system/dalvik/cache and then flash again. I can now install apps again. Thank you for your work with this rom and your support in this specific case.

Reactions: lukaspieper

drikus\^/

Mar 21, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
Able to detect fingerprint once but not able to finish full finger to be scanned then crashed, froze, could not login after it rebooted. Then power button vol down, to reset and was able to login again with pin set. Then fngerprint scanner does not detect anything anymore. v20210627

Other then that nothing to report yet, cool !

drikus\^/

Mar 21, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
Able to detect fingerprint once but not able to finish full finger to be scanned then crashed, froze, could not login after it rebooted. Then power button vol down, to reset and was able to login again with pin set. Then fngerprint scanner does not detect anything anymore. v20210627

Other then that nothing to report yet, cool !
Finaly succeeded to register a fingerprint.!

Rainberry

Jun 9, 2021
Can confirm that SD cards work as removable storage. Haven't tried the use as internal storage function yet. Also, I don't have a card of that size here. Would be good if someone else could give some feedback on this.

I didn't mean to sound harsh. I have no problem with third party modifications being discussed here. But I don't offer any help with that myself (only for the rom). I only replied because you mentioned me and no one else responded.

@PlsHelpXDA The app has been removed from LineageOS (it is not included in any LineageOS 18.1, not only for this device) because it has not been maintained for years and is therefore absolutely insecure. The mentioned alternatives are recommended.
Hey i have a similar tablet which is Lenovo Tab 4 10 TB-X304L. Would the rom work on the tablet?

dkoek

May 25, 2012
Echt
question; should it pass safety net with magisk hide enabled? Cleared cache etc but play store shows as not certified end CTS fails. Working for anyone? Or suggestions to pass safety net check?
Just install Magisk module props hide config.
You can spoof the tablet to be an other tablet or phone which will pass the safety net.

PureMAD4

Jan 11, 2008
Just Installed and thought I would try a clean install but installing 17.1 1st and then this over the top. so far GPS works and my 4G is working. I have had some reboots at 1st but that seems to have calmed now all set up. Next I'll install magisk so I can install Netflix and Disney

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'v recompiled it with upstream updates (and proposed CTS fix on github). You can download it here.
    But I was not able to pass CTS Profile check (even with magisk v27).
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

3rd PARTY ADDONS/MODS
    While we have no issues with people using supersu/magisk/xposed/custom kernels/etc, we can't provide support for users who have them installed.

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS
    - Upgrade to latest available official firmware
    - Upgrade to latest available TWRP
    - Download the LineageOS zip(s). (see Downloads)
    - Copy the LineageOS zip to internal/external sdcard.
    - Unlock bootloader and install TWRP.
    - Boot into TWRP.
    - Perform a backup of your current ROM. (Optional)
    - RECOMMENDED: Do a factory reset! No support if you didn't!
    - Flash LineageOS.
    - Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    - Reboot

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS
    - Download the LineageOS zip(s). (see Downloads)
    - Copy the LineageOS zip to internal/external sdcard.
    - Flash LineageOS.
    - Update the Google Apps addon package if it is installed on your current LineageOS version.
    - Reboot

WHAT WORKS:
    Wifi
    Bluetooth
    Audio
    Camera
    LED
    USB
    Encryption
    Hall sensor
    DT2W (disabled by default in settings)
    Fingerprint
    Selinux Enforcing

BROKEN:
    GPS (working for some users, read page 5 and 6)
    SIM card (help needed as I have the wifi-only-tablet)
    Bluetooth aptx (reported by user, unconfirmed)
    Wireless display (reported by user, unconfirmed)

DOWNLOADS
    LineageOS 18.1: GitHub
    TWRP: XDA Thread

DEVELOPER RESOURCES
    GitHub

MANY THANKS TO THE CONTRIBUTORS
    @Coffeinflash
    New build is up

2021-06-27

• SELinux Enforcing

New build is up

2021-06-15

• Upstream changes (including June security patch)
    • Fingerprint sensor bring up
    • Rebase kernel on kuntao (Lenovo P2)

Rebasing the kernel is associated with massive changes. On the one hand, there are bug fixes that prevent the kernel from crashing due to an exception in the WiFi driver. On the other hand, new problems can come along with it.

The new version (and the old ones) can now be found exclusively on GitHub. The link is in the first post.
    New October release available on GitHub!
    Changelog moved to GitHub.

2021-08-07
    • August security patch
    • Minor UI changes
    2021-06-27
    • SELinux Enforcing
    2021-06-15
    • Upstream changes (including June security patch)
    • Fingerprint sensor bring up
    • Rebase kernel on kuntao
    2021-05-11
    • Camera is working now (many thanks to @Coffeinflash for fixing it)
    • May security patch
    • Applied a patch to fix the random shutdowns
    2021-04-30
    • Initial release