[ROM][DISCONTINUED][11][TB-X704F/L] LineageOS 18.1 for Lenovo Tab4 10 Plus

Search This thread

tboege

Dec 2, 2014
Running 2021-06-27 I can confirm, that GPS is working. I am usure, if it worked rigth after installation, but at least after running Magisk (and MagiskHide) and fingerprint from
Lenovo/LenovoTB-X704F/X704F:7.1.1/NMF26F/TB-X704F_S000056_181015_ROW:user/release-keys
to
Redmi/sweet_global/sweet:11/RKQ1.200826.002/V12.0.6.0.RKFMIXM:user/release-keys

Maps are now working.

I first discovered, that GPS was working in the app "GPSTest" - maybe this app has to be started before Maps - at least once

Cromtog

Jun 14, 2021
I can confirm that GPS is working build 2021.06.27. when I followed what person above me did (with first installing GPSTest, then rebooting and installing google maps), however without any root or magisk. Entirely stock, only have gapps installed.

Nuclear Blast

Aug 3, 2012
Flasheв newest build 2021.08.07

GPS is working

But i still have an error:

"Система Android. Произошла внутренняя ошибка. Обратитесь к производителю устройства за подробными сведениями"

in English:

Android System. Internal error occurred. Connect to manufacture for additional information..

lukaspieper

Nov 26, 2018
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
Google Pixel 3
Flasheв newest build 2021.08.07

GPS is working

But i still have an error:

"Система Android. Произошла внутренняя ошибка. Обратитесь к производителю устройства за подробными сведениями"

in English:

Android System. Internal error occurred. Connect to manufacture for additional information..
Then you may contact the manufacturer ;) OK, all joking aside. I've already asked you twice for a logcat.

Until then, does anyone else get a message like that with the TB-X704L?

Reactions: Nuclear Blast

maximgorbilev

Oct 15, 2012

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210812-200603_AIDA64.png
    Screenshot_20210812-200603_AIDA64.png
    150 KB · Views: 82

nutuma

Jan 5, 2013
Then you may contact the manufacturer ;) OK, all joking aside. I've already asked you twice for a logcat.

I installed the last version and got the same error message

tabbeber

Nov 23, 2019
I've been using this ROM for a while now, and really the only thing that bugs me slightly is that the hall effect sensor works for waking the tablet, but not for sleep. At least not with the magnetic cover that I'm using. This means:
  • Opening the cover wakes the tablet
  • Closing the cover does not shut off the screen
I'm know this worked in the stock ROM. This is fairly minor, as I have the tablet go to sleep after just a couple minutes anyways.

Other than that, is there any reason you haven't gone the extra step and made this an official LineageOS ROM? I don't know much about the process of doing that myself, so pardon the ignorance. Just curious.
Also thank you very much for your work and for offering the ROM. I sleep better at night knowing that my sheet music tablet (and some media consumption) is up to date.

Last edited:

nutuma

Jan 5, 2013

Hi LumeReaper, thanks for your work to bring 18.1 to this tablet. I flashed the newest build 2021.08.07 and have the same message during booting "Android System - There is an internal problem with your device. Contact your manufacturer for details"; also normally at the first boot it get frozen and screen goes black, pressed the power button and the Lineage logo appears and this time it let me log in, after that it works, shutting off randomly. I have no knowledge whatsoever in how to do a logcat, but tried with the app "LogcatExtreme" and this is what I got. Don't know if is of any help.

Android.Sysop

Apr 3, 2015
If I read everything correctly, then everything works with this ROM except:
- Cellular network (SIM cards are not recognized)
- Hall effect sensor does not switch off the screen when using a magnetic cover, but the wake-up function works

Is that right so far?

lukaspieper

Nov 26, 2018
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
Google Pixel 3
I have too, and Bluetooth don't work aptx only AAC mode
Haven't had time to try it myself yet, but added it to the list in the first post with the status "unconfirmed".
Closing the cover does not shut off the screen
I can't confirm the problem, I also use a cover and both work for me.
also normally at the first boot it get frozen and screen goes black, pressed the power button and the Lineage logo appears and this time it let me log in, after that it works, shutting off randomly.
I can confirm that sometimes a single reboot is necessary after flashing and reaching the launcher. The rom initially had problems with random reboots, but these have not occurred for several versions now and have not been reported since.
I have no knowledge whatsoever in how to do a logcat, but tried with the app "LogcatExtreme" and this is what I got. Don't know if is of any help.
To get useful information via logcat, ADB or root must be used. An app in Android's sandbox does not have the necessary permissions.
For me wireless display isn't working, the service crashs (missing libs?).
Haven't had time to try it myself yet, but added it to the list in the first post with the status "unconfirmed". What hardware and software do you use on the "display" side?
Other than that, is there any reason you haven't gone the extra step and made this an official LineageOS ROM? I don't know much about the process of doing that myself, so pardon the ignorance. Just curious.
If it were just a step, the previous developers would have already done it. First you have to go through a long list of requirements and then you commit to being the maintainer of the rom. In short, think of it as an unpaid mini job. Don't get me wrong, I love working on open source projects, but I already have limited time and next month that time will decrease even more as life is changing.

LazyT

Jul 12, 2011
Haven't had time to try it myself yet, but added it to the list in the first post with the status "unconfirmed". What hardware and software do you use on the "display" side?
Posted adb logcat for the 17.1 here, guess it's the same on 18.1 (tablet is not my own, have to check it again if interested).

Tried on 2 different LG-TVs (e.g. OLED-65B7D) with the latest available firmware. With my phone, it was working fine.

Thanks for looking into this. :)

PureMAD4

Jan 11, 2008
If I read everything correctly, then everything works with this ROM except:
- Cellular network (SIM cards are not recognized)
- Hall effect sensor does not switch off the screen when using a magnetic cover, but the wake-up function works

Is that right so far?
Try installing the 17.1 ROM 1st then flash this over the top. I have got 4g working that way

Reactions: Aquila76

Android.Sysop

Apr 3, 2015
I have 4g working fine. I installed 17.1 1st and then 18.1 over the top and it's been working great

I had the TB-X704L with LOS 17.1 from Codeworks (version 31/05/2020) with TWRP 3.3.1.0 from Codeworks.
Now I have flash new TWRP 3.52-9-0 and LOS 18.1 over the old versions, it works.

@LumenReaper
Thank you for the great work and your free time that you are making available.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'v recompiled it with upstream updates (and proposed CTS fix on github). You can download it here.
    But I was not able to pass CTS Profile check (even with magisk v27).
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

3rd PARTY ADDONS/MODS
    While we have no issues with people using supersu/magisk/xposed/custom kernels/etc, we can't provide support for users who have them installed.

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS
    - Upgrade to latest available official firmware
    - Upgrade to latest available TWRP
    - Download the LineageOS zip(s). (see Downloads)
    - Copy the LineageOS zip to internal/external sdcard.
    - Unlock bootloader and install TWRP.
    - Boot into TWRP.
    - Perform a backup of your current ROM. (Optional)
    - RECOMMENDED: Do a factory reset! No support if you didn't!
    - Flash LineageOS.
    - Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    - Reboot

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS
    - Download the LineageOS zip(s). (see Downloads)
    - Copy the LineageOS zip to internal/external sdcard.
    - Flash LineageOS.
    - Update the Google Apps addon package if it is installed on your current LineageOS version.
    - Reboot

WHAT WORKS:
    Wifi
    Bluetooth
    Audio
    Camera
    LED
    USB
    Encryption
    Hall sensor
    DT2W (disabled by default in settings)
    Fingerprint
    Selinux Enforcing

BROKEN:
    GPS (working for some users, read page 5 and 6)
    SIM card (help needed as I have the wifi-only-tablet)
    Bluetooth aptx (reported by user, unconfirmed)
    Wireless display (reported by user, unconfirmed)

DOWNLOADS
    LineageOS 18.1: GitHub
    TWRP: XDA Thread

DEVELOPER RESOURCES
    GitHub

MANY THANKS TO THE CONTRIBUTORS
    @Coffeinflash
    New build is up

2021-06-27

• SELinux Enforcing
    • Support fingerprint authentication in apps
    • Build kernel with clang compiler
    • Adjust kernel (add Wireguard VPN, drop zcache and legacy filesystems, etc.)
    As communicated in the last release, build is available on GitHub. Those who have an account there can also be notified of new versions from GitHub by clicking on "Watch".

Otherwise, we are close to the goal, from my side, only the GPS needs to be fixed. Someone who has the appropriate tablet would have to work on mobile data. Everything else should work, as far as I know or have been told.
    New build is up

2021-06-15

• Upstream changes (including June security patch)
    • Fingerprint sensor bring up
    • Rebase kernel on kuntao (Lenovo P2)

Rebasing the kernel is associated with massive changes. On the one hand, there are bug fixes that prevent the kernel from crashing due to an exception in the WiFi driver. On the other hand, new problems can come along with it.

The new version (and the old ones) can now be found exclusively on GitHub. The link is in the first post.
    New October release available on GitHub!
    Changelog moved to GitHub.

2021-08-07
    • August security patch
    • Minor UI changes
    2021-06-27
    • SELinux Enforcing
    • Support fingerprint authentication in apps
    • Build kernel with clang compiler
    • Adjust kernel (add Wireguard VPN, drop zcache and legacy filesystems, etc.)
    2021-06-15
    • Upstream changes (including June security patch)
    • Fingerprint sensor bring up
    • Rebase kernel on kuntao
    2021-05-11
    • Camera is working now (many thanks to @Coffeinflash for fixing it)
    • May security patch
    • Applied a patch to fix the random shutdowns
    2021-04-30
    • Initial release