[ROM][DISCONTINUED][11][TB-X704F/L] LineageOS 18.1 for Lenovo Tab4 10 Plus

Search This thread

samhiggs1988

Apr 6, 2009
London
Just Installed and thought I would try a clean install but installing 17.1 1st and then this over the top. so far GPS works and my 4G is working. I have had some reboots at 1st but that seems to have calmed now all set up. Next I'll install magisk so I can install Netflix and Disney
Hi, can I ask whether you had any luck with Netflix?

I can't install it from the Play Store and sideloading it works up until the point I open the app, where it says this device is not supported.

I'm new to Magisk, and installed via TWRP, but for some reason can't get past the SafetyNet checks - any help anyone can offer would be much appreciated. Thanks!

PureMAD4

Jan 11, 2008
Hi, can I ask whether you had any luck with Netflix?

I can't install it from the Play Store and sideloading it works up until the point I open the app, where it says this device is not supported.

I'm new to Magisk, and installed via TWRP, but for some reason can't get past the SafetyNet checks - any help anyone can offer would be much appreciated. Thanks!
I do have magisk and I passed sayety net using the universal safety net fix. You need to install it using magisk. Just follow the instructions on XDA . I'm using Netflix etc all fine. I did also change the device ID using magisk and safety net fix not sure if that helped.

Reactions: 1907Fb1907

samhiggs1988

Apr 6, 2009
London
I do have magisk and I passed sayety net using the universal safety net fix. You need to install it using magisk. Just follow the instructions on XDA . I'm using Netflix etc all fine. I did also change the device ID using magisk and safety net fix not sure if that helped.
Thank for getting back to me so quickly. I've followed these steps but still no luck passing SafetyNet. I've attached some screenshots in the hope it's something easy to diagnose! Thanks for any help anyone can offer 👍

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211018-201400_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20211018-201400_Settings.png
    107.1 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_20211018-201428_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20211018-201428_Settings.png
    83.5 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_20211018-201420_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20211018-201420_Settings.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 73

PureMAD4

Jan 11, 2008
You could try the props config magisk module and then change the device ID to one that's certified

1907Fb1907

Oct 4, 2020
It you follow the instructions on the module then open the terminal emulator and start the module it should come up with a list to choose from
İt's done thanks... Safety net passed and Google play is now certified :))
Play store now thinks it's xiaomi redmi7. :)) for example I can see asphalt9 in the market. It certainly didn't exist before.

Last edited:
Reactions: tabbeber

samhiggs1988

Apr 6, 2009
London
İt's done thanks... Safety net passed and Google play is now certified :))
Play store now thinks it's xiaomi redmi7. :)) for example I can see asphalt9 in the market. It certainly didn't exist before.
Thanks for all the tips - I've now implemented this fix, using the 7.1.1 fingerprint for the tablet (perhaps I should use a more recent device?) Anyway, the Amazon app store seems less stringent with its checks!

Can I ask if anyone is having issues with the camera on the latest build? I have 2 of these tablets, one with the 'stock' GApps and one with 'pico' and both camera apps crash, don't take pictures. Videconferencing works well though!

ldavies83

Apr 16, 2008
Hi. Thanks for your reply. No, I connected to WiFi, but in the next "SIM card is missing page", there is no option to skip. Only option is to go back.
Same here I'm afraid - I have the non cellular version - I've connected to multiple wifi access points, and no dice - unable to complete the first run setup of this flash. I've tried wiping internal storage, Dalvik, caches etc rebooting installing the zip again, one more wipe of the caches for good measure and still the same

samhiggs1988

Apr 6, 2009
London
Same here I'm afraid - I have the non cellular version - I've connected to multiple wifi access points, and no dice - unable to complete the first run setup of this flash. I've tried wiping internal storage, Dalvik, caches etc rebooting installing the zip again, one more wipe of the caches for good measure and still the same
I have 2 of these tablets, both non-cellular/wifi only and I've been flashing GApps immediately following the ROM (i.e. same queue of zips in TWRP) and this has let me set up the tablet using a Google backup from my phone (I just untick everything in the next screen). It's still buggy but it's the only way I could bypass this glitch. Hope that helps

Reactions: ldavies83

Bork Bork

Sep 5, 2019
This https://xdaforums.com/t/solution-bypassing-lineage-setup-wizard.3833237/ guide works perfectly if you have the sim card error.

Here's what I did:
- Make a backup of LineageSetupWizard.apk found in "root/system/system_ext/priv-app/LineageSetupWizard" via TWRP.
- Open LineageSetupWizard.apk in 7zip and navigate to "root/res/raw/lineage_wizard_script.xml"
- Open it in i.e notepad and replace the lines with ones found in https://xdaforums.com/t/solution-bypassing-lineage-setup-wizard.3833237/ (2nd download link and same location for the xml file), save it and accept the modification in 7zip.
- Copy your modified LineageSetupWizard.apk to its original location in TWRP and chmod 644 before you reboot.

Reactions: samhiggs1988

samhiggs1988

Apr 6, 2009
London
Thanks for all the tips - I've now implemented this fix, using the 7.1.1 fingerprint for the tablet (perhaps I should use a more recent device?) Anyway, the Amazon app store seems less stringent with its checks!

Can I ask if anyone is having issues with the camera on the latest build? I have 2 of these tablets, one with the 'stock' GApps and one with 'pico' and both camera apps crash, don't take pictures. Videconferencing works well though!
Apologies - the camera is working fine on both my units. I stupidly flashed a version of the GApps package that had overwritten the Lineage OS camera app with GCam. Reflashed with a smaller package and everything is working great.

As an aside, I bought these tablets on FleaBay for very little - and they're great for the money. I bought the official kid's pack for my son, which has a bumper type case, and a sticker for the glass back.

Dare I hijack this thread, and ask for a recommendation for a 'grown-up' case? Thanks all, particularly to the devs!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'v recompiled it with upstream updates (and proposed CTS fix on github). You can download it here.
    But I was not able to pass CTS Profile check (even with magisk v27).
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

3rd PARTY ADDONS/MODS
    While we have no issues with people using supersu/magisk/xposed/custom kernels/etc, we can't provide support for users who have them installed.

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS
    - Upgrade to latest available official firmware
    - Upgrade to latest available TWRP
    - Download the LineageOS zip(s). (see Downloads)
    - Copy the LineageOS zip to internal/external sdcard.
    - Unlock bootloader and install TWRP.
    - Boot into TWRP.
    - Perform a backup of your current ROM. (Optional)
    - RECOMMENDED: Do a factory reset! No support if you didn't!
    - Flash LineageOS.
    - Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    - Reboot

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS
    - Download the LineageOS zip(s). (see Downloads)
    - Copy the LineageOS zip to internal/external sdcard.
    - Flash LineageOS.
    - Update the Google Apps addon package if it is installed on your current LineageOS version.
    - Reboot

WHAT WORKS:
    Wifi
    Bluetooth
    Audio
    Camera
    LED
    USB
    Encryption
    Hall sensor
    DT2W (disabled by default in settings)
    Fingerprint
    Selinux Enforcing

BROKEN:
    GPS (working for some users, read page 5 and 6)
    SIM card (help needed as I have the wifi-only-tablet)
    Bluetooth aptx (reported by user, unconfirmed)
    Wireless display (reported by user, unconfirmed)

DOWNLOADS
    LineageOS 18.1: GitHub
    TWRP: XDA Thread

DEVELOPER RESOURCES
    GitHub

MANY THANKS TO THE CONTRIBUTORS
    @Coffeinflash
    New build is up

2021-06-27

• SELinux Enforcing
    • Support fingerprint authentication in apps
    • Build kernel with clang compiler
    • Adjust kernel (add Wireguard VPN, drop zcache and legacy filesystems, etc.)
    As communicated in the last release, build is available on GitHub. Those who have an account there can also be notified of new versions from GitHub by clicking on "Watch".

Otherwise, we are close to the goal, from my side, only the GPS needs to be fixed. Someone who has the appropriate tablet would have to work on mobile data. Everything else should work, as far as I know or have been told.
    New build is up

2021-06-15

• Upstream changes (including June security patch)
    • Fingerprint sensor bring up
    • Rebase kernel on kuntao (Lenovo P2)

Rebasing the kernel is associated with massive changes. On the one hand, there are bug fixes that prevent the kernel from crashing due to an exception in the WiFi driver. On the other hand, new problems can come along with it.

The new version (and the old ones) can now be found exclusively on GitHub. The link is in the first post.
    New October release available on GitHub!
    Changelog moved to GitHub.

2021-08-07
    • August security patch
    • Minor UI changes
    2021-06-27
    • SELinux Enforcing
    • Support fingerprint authentication in apps
    • Build kernel with clang compiler
    • Adjust kernel (add Wireguard VPN, drop zcache and legacy filesystems, etc.)
    2021-06-15
    • Upstream changes (including June security patch)
    • Fingerprint sensor bring up
    • Rebase kernel on kuntao
    2021-05-11
    • Camera is working now (many thanks to @Coffeinflash for fixing it)
    • May security patch
    • Applied a patch to fix the random shutdowns
    2021-04-30
    • Initial release