• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11][tb8504f/x] LineageOS 18.1 for Lenovo TAB4 8

Search This thread

adazem009

zYkSW7S.png

Code:
/*
I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.

Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!

YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
*/

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :

• Boot
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • Camcorder
  • Video Playback
  • Audio
  • Sensors
  • LED
  • GPS/GNSS

Known issues:
  • GPU rendering lag
  • No VoLTE

Instructions :
  • Download the ROM and Magisk (Optional)
  • Wipe System, Data, Dalvik, Cache.
  • Flash the ROM, Magisk (Optional).
  • Reboot and Enjoy.

Download :
Device sources: https://github.com/TB8504

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2016
Bro I have installed this rom, thnks for ur work but it's lagging ... is it only happening with me or with everyone !! so i decided to give a try to ur crDroid rom , again u guys are doing gr8 work !!

adazem009

Bro I have installed this rom, thnks for ur work but it's lagging ... is it only happening with me or with everyone !! so i decided to give a try to ur crDroid rom , again u guys are doing gr8 work !!
It's happening to all of us (see the "Known issues" section above). Updating some vendor blobs should fix it, but I think I'll need some help with it.

jfbaudio

Mar 21, 2012
Thanks for working on this tablet, looking forward to seeing what you can come up with. I have one of these and its sister (Tab 4 8+) and they've been reliable for me, but only because the dev community keeps them alive!

96carboard

Jul 17, 2018
So the main issue with this is a GPU lag, right? That being the case, I wonder how difficult it would be to switch to freedreno+mesa?

And come to think of it, the msm8917 (snapdragon 425) is basically the same as the msm8916 (snapdragon 410) found in the Dragonboard 410c, which is very well supported by upstream kernel and moderately by AOSP/Linaro. Probably wouldn't be too terrible of a job to get this thing running blob free on upstream code.

Last edited:

Natuuu

Apr 2, 2017
Hello is there any update about this rom? I was thinking of trying it but I have seen the lag problem and I use it to play. I'm using your Lineage 17.1 Rom and it works really good you are doing a incredible work!

adazem009

Hello is there any update about this rom? I was thinking of trying it but I have seen the lag problem and I use it to play. I'm using your Lineage 17.1 Rom and it works really good you are doing a incredible work!
1. Yes, a new build is coming in a few days. Unfortunately, the lag issue still isn't fixed.
2. I've tested some games and they're working fine. It probably depends on HW acceleration in games.
3. I didn't build LineageOS 17.1, that one is by @highwaystar_ru .

Reactions: Natuuu

prozac

Feb 18, 2012
Error Updater process endet with error 7:
Error installing Zipfile SDcard1/lineage...
...Updating partition details... and Load ... load...load... on TB-8504 F

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    zYkSW7S.png

Code:
    /*
    I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.

Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!

YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
    */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :

• Boot
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • LED
    • GPS/GNSS

Known issues:
    • GPU rendering lag
    • No VoLTE

Instructions :
    • Download the ROM and Magisk (Optional)
    • Wipe System, Data, Dalvik, Cache.
    • Flash the ROM, Magisk (Optional).
    • Reboot and Enjoy.

Download :
    Device sources: https://github.com/TB8504
    It's happening to all of us (see the "Known issues" section above). Updating some vendor blobs should fix it, but I think I'll need some help with it.
    How much time do you think this fix might take ?
    Right now I can use the ROM with all animation disable ( still cant disable status bar animation ).
    and again thanks for your work.
    Probably a week, but I don't know if I'll be able to find a fix.
    1. Yes, a new build is coming in a few days. Unfortunately, the lag issue still isn't fixed.
    2. I've tested some games and they're working fine. It probably depends on HW acceleration in games.
    3. I didn't build LineageOS 17.1, that one is by @highwaystar_ru .