[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11][tb8504f/x] LineageOS 18.1 for Lenovo TAB4 8

Search This thread

deadman96385

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2011
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Been working on getting TB-8504F support more in line with the X variant. In the future I will be releasing a TB-8504F specific build that way telephony related apps won't crash all the time and lower battery life. As well as removing broken/strange telephony leftovers where android doesn't properly hide then. It also will be a way to convert TB-8504X to be wifi only to save on power if you do not plan to use those LTE features at all. I've sent some more fixes over to @adazem009 as well.

Fixed the ION driver crash on early boot and randomly (May fix the random black screen we will see)
Remove LED flash permission (Now apps won't assume we have flash when we don't)
Sepolicy improvements (Mainly for TB-8504F but some others as well)
Lineage Recovery now boots and works properly (Needed a missing ramdisk script)
Vulkan support is now properly disabled (Our gpu does not support it)

I have also fixed the touchscreen issue that plagued TB-8504F users on the various twrp recoveries. I am working on getting TB-8504F/X and TB-X304F/X moved to being official with twrp so there will be auto-built recoveries soon.

ZONTAC

Wow amazing
Been working on getting TB-8504F support more in line with the X variant. In the future I will be releasing a TB-8504F specific build that way telephony related apps won't crash all the time and lower battery life. As well as removing broken/strange telephony leftovers where android doesn't properly hide then. It also will be a way to convert TB-8504X to be wifi only to save on power if you do not plan to use those LTE features at all. I've sent some more fixes over to @adazem009 as well.

Fixed the ION driver crash on early boot and randomly (May fix the random black screen we will see)

I have also fixed the touchscreen issue that plagued TB-8504F users on the various twrp recoveries. I am working on getting TB-8504F/X and TB-X304F/X moved to being official with twrp so there will be auto-built recoveries soon.
Wow thanks man for improvement but is there any fix for Volte(as from android 10 volte broken🙁)

deadman96385

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2011
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Wow amazing

Wow thanks man for improvement but is there any fix for Volte(as from android 10 volte broken🙁)
I only have the Wifi only variants so I can't easily help with anything LTE/Calling. But if you provide some logs I can maybe take a look at it. You will need to be rooted for this:

Factory reset the tablet
Bootup with an active sim card in the tablet
Quickly go through the setup wizard skipping everything
Turn on adb
Enter the following three commands:
adb root
adb logcat > ims-log.txt
adb shell dmesg > ims-dmesg.txt

Either upload those files or paste their contents into patebin/hastebin or other hosting.

If you don't have adb root, change the dmesg command to this: adb shell su -c dmesg > ims-dmesg.txt and accept the su request on magisk or whatever you use.

Reactions: ZONTAC

adazem009

I only have the Wifi only variants so I can't easily help with anything LTE/Calling. But if you provide some logs I can maybe take a look at it. You will need to be rooted for this:

Factory reset the tablet
Bootup with an active sim card in the tablet
Quickly go through the setup wizard skipping everything
Turn on adb
Enter the following three commands:
adb root
adb logcat > ims-log.txt
adb shell dmesg > ims-dmesg.txt

Either upload those files or paste their contents into patebin/hastebin or other hosting.

If you don't have adb root, change the dmesg command to this: adb shell su -c dmesg > ims-dmesg.txt and accept the su request on magisk or whatever you use.
I can do that on my device too, I'll send you the logs today...

Reactions: ZONTAC

Hausemaster

Dec 2, 2020

Major changes, this is the golden era of development for this device!

adazem009

@adazem009 I have a huge request. Could you add support for Project Treble in your Custom Rom, I would really like to fire up Android 13.
  1. This device does not support Project Treble, but it's possible to add support manually by editing the partition table structure (which I'm not going to do).
  2. I don't expect this device to be even able to run Android 12 (read the note about legacy devices here).

K-BOX2022

Dec 31, 2021
Smart Watches
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
  1. This device does not support Project Treble, but it's possible to add support manually by editing the partition table structure (which I'm not going to do).
  2. I don't expect this device to be even able to run Android 12 (read the note about legacy devices here).
I have a huge request. Will you send me a tutorial or a link on how to modify the partition table structure to get GSI support. I will be very grateful.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update
    Download
    • July 2022 security patch
    • Removed camera flash permission (these devices don't have camera flash)
    • SELinux denial fixes
    • Removed Vulkan support (the GPU does not support it).
    • Added ION driver updates from lineage Motorola msm8953 kernel lineage-18.1
    • Thanks to @deadman96385 for helping with the development.
    Hey dev when we can expect for crdroid 7😅
    Tomorrow.
    zYkSW7S.png

Code:
    /*
    I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.

Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!

YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
    */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :

• Boot
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • LED
    • GPS/GNSS

Instructions :
    • Download the ROM and Magisk (Optional)
    • Wipe System, Data, Dalvik, Cache.
    • Flash the ROM, Magisk (Optional).
    • Reboot and Enjoy.

Download :
    Device sources: https://github.com/TB8504
    Update
    Download
    • December 2021 security patch
    • ... Merry Christmas :)
    Bro I have installed this rom, thnks for ur work but it's lagging ... is it only happening with me or with everyone !! so i decided to give a try to ur crDroid rom , again u guys are doing gr8 work !!
    It's happening to all of us (see the "Known issues" section above). Updating some vendor blobs should fix it, but I think I'll need some help with it.
    Are you still developing this project? Can Tab4 8 update to Android 12? How can I donate to you to keep this project going? Thank you, hope to hear from you soon.
    Yes, I'm still working on it. I'm still waiting for Android 12 CAF releases targeting to msm8937. After they''re there, it should be possible to build it using the device trees from Android 11 (with a few changes).