[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11][tb8504f/x] LineageOS 18.1 for Lenovo TAB4 8

Search This thread

Hausemaster

Dec 2, 2020
Nokia 1
Cool that you are building Android for such an old tablet :). Will android 12 be on it ???
@adazem009 Is the maintainer of this rom,full credits to him, I'm not the developer of this rom... And about android 12, well that depends, because a newer 4.19 kernel has to be ported, a12 can be run using 3.18 kernel, but it's way too much effort,and things will break like crazy, and, porting to 4.19 is a task in of itself, porting from 3.18.x to 3.18.y may be a bit simple, but from 3.18 to 4.19, it's a huge task, and is quite complex,so, it will be a while or never, it depends on the interest of the dev, but porting now isn't a good option,as, there are no stable custom roms based on a12, and I know that aosp is stable, but no one except a few prefer that...

ZONTAC

Mine is the 8MP variant, I have to let the screen sleep after i enter recovery mode for touch to start working, and it's been like that for a long time... Maybe the variant difference is the cause for it?
Your tab boot into recovery through power off + vol up combination or any combination??? , Because mine 8 mp variant can't boot into recovery through any combination😔😔 so i need pc everytime to😑😑 boot into recovery etc...

Hausemaster

Dec 2, 2020
Nokia 1
Your tab boot into recovery through power off + vol up combination or any combination??? , Because mine 8 mp variant can't boot into recovery through any combination😔😔 so i need pc everytime to😑😑 boot into recovery etc...
Yes, I can boot to recovery using key combinations, or, by rebooting to recovery from the rom itself... BTW, as soon as you see the splash screen, leave the power button and keep holding the volume up button until recovery shows up, if it doesn't and boots to os, done force reboot, let it start, then shutdown, then try recovery key combination again...

ZONTAC

Yes, I can boot to recovery using key combinations, or, by rebooting to recovery from the rom itself... BTW, as soon as you see the splash screen, leave the power button and keep holding the volume up button until recovery shows up, if it doesn't and boots to os, done force reboot, let it start, then shutdown, then try recovery key combination again...
I have tried it more than 1000+ times but nothing happens tab normally booted into system.
Actually this tab was provided by an institute and they locked tab many functions but after
That i did hard reset through adb ,but from starting tab never booted into recovery through button combination also i have flashed firmwares from lenovo asistant and qfil but nothing changes even in custom roms tab can't able to boot into recovery through button combination 😓
Tab details:-screenshot(currently i am on stock rom due to bank apps)
Tab 8504x ,2gb ram,quelcomm425, 8 mp

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-11-30-08-47-11.jpeg
    Screenshot_2021-11-30-08-47-11.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Hausemaster

Dec 2, 2020
Nokia 1
i too recieved this tab from school.
do you live in delhi?

it was same for me too, i also tried many many times to boot into recovery using power and volume button but it never worked for me for months, and had to flash backup using qfil whenever bootloop happened.
one day i was having many issues with flashing in tab, so i deleted all wiped all partitions from miracle thunder using edl (i know its dangerous) and then restored stock rom, i dont know what happened after wiping all partitions but since than i can open recovery using power + vol up button.

but note that after wiping all partition you will lost imei number and wifi mac address, you will have to restore them.
I do not live in Delhi...
Also, just flash the stock rom using qfil only, that's more then enough, messing with device partitions is dangerous and there's also a slim chance that you might hard brick it...
But, I think that your school might have made some extremely low level changes to it, or might have paid Lenovo extra to remove direct boot to recovery mode...

For now, the temporary ways to enter recovery mode without adb are,
To reboot to recovery from magisk or from the power menu itsef...

Hausemaster

Dec 2, 2020
Nokia 1
I have tried it more than 1000+ times but nothing happens tab normally booted into system.
Actually this tab was provided by an institute and they locked tab many functions but after
That i did hard reset through adb ,but from starting tab never booted into recovery through button combination also i have flashed firmwares from lenovo asistant and qfil but nothing changes even in custom roms tab can't able to boot into recovery through button combination 😓
Tab details:-screenshot(currently i am on stock rom due to bank apps)
Tab 8504x ,2gb ram,quelcomm425, 8 mp
I can't help much, since, i don't have the issue you mentioned, and my device boots into recovery with the key combos just fine, not sure why that happes to you...

ZONTAC

i too recieved this tab from school.
do you live in delhi?

it was same for me too, i also tried many many times to boot into recovery using power and volume button but it never worked for me for months, and had to flash backup using qfil whenever bootloop happened.
one day i was having many issues with flashing in tab, so i deleted all wiped all partitions from miracle thunder using edl (i know its dangerous) and mi too recieved this tab from school.
i live in delhi and also tab given by school😅😅

According to you i just need to do repartition in qfil ,

Thanks bro i will try this one after few months.

ZONTAC

i will advise like @Hausemaster, if it is not neccessary don't do it, and you will also lost device imei number and sim will not work.
I will do this after few months and i have backup of imei,mac, etc as i already faced blank imei corrupt mac address and i know how to repair My imei,mac etc through qualcomm tool(qfil and rebuilder) as i already did many many experiments on this tab(except wiping partition) .
Btw thanks.

VN Tinkerman

Dec 18, 2021
I will do this after few months and i have backup of imei,mac, etc as i already faced blank imei corrupt mac address and i know how to repair My imei,mac etc through qualcomm tool(qfil and rebuilder) as i already did many many experiments on this tab(except wiping partition) .
Btw thanks.
Hello, I'm a newbie here, and I aslo suffer from the same symptom like you as a result of installing a custom rom on my TB-8504x(crDroid 6.24). However, I managed to QFIL this guy with its stock rom of Nougat(android 7) and can finally fix this problem. Anyway, I hope this can work on your device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    zYkSW7S.png

Code:
    /*
    I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.

Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!

YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
    */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :

• Boot
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • LED
    • GPS/GNSS

Instructions :
    • Download the ROM and Magisk (Optional)
    • Wipe System, Data, Dalvik, Cache.
    • Flash the ROM, Magisk (Optional).
    • Reboot and Enjoy.

Download :
    Device sources: https://github.com/TB8504
    Update
    Download
    • December 2021 security patch
    • ... Merry Christmas :)
    Bro I have installed this rom, thnks for ur work but it's lagging ... is it only happening with me or with everyone !! so i decided to give a try to ur crDroid rom , again u guys are doing gr8 work !!
    It's happening to all of us (see the "Known issues" section above). Updating some vendor blobs should fix it, but I think I'll need some help with it.
    Are you still developing this project? Can Tab4 8 update to Android 12? How can I donate to you to keep this project going? Thank you, hope to hear from you soon.
    Yes, I'm still working on it. I'm still waiting for Android 12 CAF releases targeting to msm8937. After they''re there, it should be possible to build it using the device trees from Android 11 (with a few changes).