• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][12.0][Crystal] AospExtended [2021/11/12]

Search This thread

Raghu varma

Mar 22, 2017
Hyderabad
raghuvarma331.github.io
Banner.png

Note - Iam Not Responsible for bricked devices

About AospExtended

AOSP Extended is an AOSP based ROM which provides stock UI/UX experience with useful customizations. Being based on AOSP it provides a smooth experience. We have added useful customizations from various other open-source projects and have tried to keep our things simple. A ROM by a user, for a user. #BeExtended.

Whats working?
Ril
Wifi
Mobile data
Double tap to wake
Double tap to sleep
Adaptive brightness
Dark theme
Ambient display
Flash light
Sound / vibration
Camera
Volte
Fingerprint

Installation procedure

Note - I don't recommend to flash any other custom kernels on this rom just to avoid issues .

Click Here for Installation process

Credits
* AEX & CO (For ROM Source Code)
* All the authors in my git sources
* Nokia For kernel Source
* Moderators (For Giving Freedom To Post Threads)
* Nokia 7.1 community Thank you all for your massive support Again

kamikaze1336

Jan 28, 2021
You're among the very first developers to port android 12 so thank you very much for your efforts ,also are there any bugs I should be aware of before installing this rom?

kamikaze1336

Jan 28, 2021
So here's my experience after a couple of hours with your port.

I'll start with the bad and then the good stuff.

Bad:
1- there are frame drops when opening settings and when opening notification panel
2- When rotating, the animation seems to be too fast so it needs to be tweaked.
3- The haptic feedback is just too strong when typing that it makes me uncomfortable
4- The Bluetooth is not working (stuck on "turning on" and when I close the notification panel it goes back to off like it wasn't pressed at all)

Good:
1- the rom is quite smooth aside from the laggy animations I mentioned before.
2- The rom is almost bug free so I had a fun experience with it.
3- The battery life is really good, I wish I could still see screen on time numbers from settings like on previous android versions though but that's out of your hand.

also: which Gcam do you recommend for this rom? And is there a customization page in settings?

PS: Excited to see your coming works.

Last edited:

Tobi_07

Oct 16, 2021
I'd Like to start with a thanks for creating this port
My experience after a couple of hours with your rom is similar to Kamikaze1336 but I found some extra bugs

Screen Recording- Whenever I take a recording and try to playback it doesn't playback rather it just sticks to a frame

Mobile data- Tho I was able to fix this easily in the mobile data setting I did notice some throttle and sometimes it doesn't just work ........... My Internet speed is really fast so I figured it isn't from the carrier

Bluetooth- It wouldn't just turn on so I guess that's a major bug to watch out for

Excluding all these bugs the port is just amazing as the whole ui is smooth, there's little to no frame drop, and the interface is perfect. It'll be captivating to see extra fixes to this rom and porting of other roms.. Thanks

Reactions: kamikaze1336

Tobi_07

Oct 16, 2021
Update*

Upon more experimentation I decided to check out how the ROM will cope after a factory reset and these are the things I noticed

Lag- There were multiple Frame drops as I continued to use this ROM

Apps - There was a multitude of seizures when opening Apps forcing me to reopen them over and over to ensure a working state and sometimes they just don't respond after some seconds

Bluetooth- This is a major bug that would be perfect if fixed .. just pointing it out :)

For now I'll port back to lineage OS 11 and wait for updates on this ROM ... Thanks again for the wonderful Port :)

Reactions: kamikaze1336

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Banner.png

Note - Iam Not Responsible for bricked devices

About AospExtended

AOSP Extended is an AOSP based ROM which provides stock UI/UX experience with useful customizations. Being based on AOSP it provides a smooth experience. We have added useful customizations from various other open-source projects and have tried to keep our things simple. A ROM by a user, for a user. #BeExtended.

Whats working?
    Ril
    Wifi
    Mobile data
    Double tap to wake
    Double tap to sleep
    Adaptive brightness
    Dark theme
    Ambient display
    Flash light
    Sound / vibration
    Camera
    Volte
    Fingerprint

Installation procedure

Note - I don't recommend to flash any other custom kernels on this rom just to avoid issues .

Click Here for Installation process

Credits
    * AEX & CO (For ROM Source Code)
    * All the authors in my git sources
    * Nokia For kernel Source
    * Moderators (For Giving Freedom To Post Threads)
    * Nokia 7.1 community Thank you all for your massive support Again

Changelog Tue Oct 12 05:14:17 UTC 2021
    =============================
    • initial android 12 build
    • based on latest stable sources
    • october 2021 security patch
    • improved system stability

• user interface enhancements
    • GAaps included
    I'd Like to start with a thanks for creating this port
    My experience after a couple of hours with your rom is similar to Kamikaze1336 but I found some extra bugs

Screen Recording- Whenever I take a recording and try to playback it doesn't playback rather it just sticks to a frame

Mobile data- Tho I was able to fix this easily in the mobile data setting I did notice some throttle and sometimes it doesn't just work ........... My Internet speed is really fast so I figured it isn't from the carrier

Bluetooth- It wouldn't just turn on so I guess that's a major bug to watch out for

Excluding all these bugs the port is just amazing as the whole ui is smooth, there's little to no frame drop, and the interface is perfect. It'll be captivating to see extra fixes to this rom and porting of other roms.. Thanks
    Update*

Upon more experimentation I decided to check out how the ROM will cope after a factory reset and these are the things I noticed

Lag- There were multiple Frame drops as I continued to use this ROM

Apps - There was a multitude of seizures when opening Apps forcing me to reopen them over and over to ensure a working state and sometimes they just don't respond after some seconds

Bluetooth- This is a major bug that would be perfect if fixed .. just pointing it out :)

For now I'll port back to lineage OS 11 and wait for updates on this ROM ... Thanks again for the wonderful Port :)