[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][12.0L][ N7105/T0LTE ][Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE][ LineageOS 19.1 ][BETA]

Search This thread

th3g1z

Mar 29, 2011
This is cool, nice work.

I cleaned out my car after 5 years (yeah, I know..), and found my galaxy note 2 that managed to survive all the rolling around in the car and extreme temperatures. Somehow it still works, so I thought let me go see whats going on these days with it.

Could not believe there would be a modern build of android, amazing!

Great work and thank you.

Edit: found the split screen is different now, in recent apps hold down on the title of the app and split top

Last edited:

Ricat87

Dec 8, 2020
This is awesome, thank you! I have an SGH-I317M and got this working (no SIM or intention of trying cellular, pretty sure the antenna is broken.) I struggled through resizing my vendor partition and then slowly got Magisk and MicroG with the patched Play Store working. I tried newer Magisk and it didn't work, 24.1 was the way to go. I haven't tried 24.2 or 24.3. It runs surprisingly well with the few lightweight apps I've put on! Going to play with CPU settings sometime soon.

Reactions: html6405

Ricat87

Dec 8, 2020
I've implemented this already, but I can't tell you how stable RIL works with the most recent version because I don't have the time and also no second sim card to test it at the moment.

But I don't think that there are any people using this as a common phone anymore.
If I can find a SIM adapter I could try. So RIL is just whether cell signal works? I was over the moon happy with the Dirty Unicorns ROM and a custom kernel in 2015, bought a brand new case and slim battery (I had been using a Zerolemon 9300mAh) and then I dropped the phone on concrete. It became incredibly hard to get a cell signal anywhere so I moved on to a new phone. Right now my main phone is an aging beat up iPhone XS max, but I also have a Galaxy A5 2017 and this Note II.

iosif_tsankov

Sep 7, 2012
Any guide for newbies how to install this on SGH-I317. Gives error E2001: Failed to update vendor image. LinageOS 14.1 Official Nightly installs with no problem. Thanks.

I believe you are trying to install this rom with Odin directly: you cannot

You need to install TWRP with Odin; this is the custom recovery.

To install this the rom, you need to boot into twrp and follow these instructions

Attachments

• D57A211F-5A50-4322-B16F-B886EEFD4D37.jpeg
    D57A211F-5A50-4322-B16F-B886EEFD4D37.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7

iosif_tsankov

Sep 7, 2012
I believe you are trying to install this rom with Odin directly: you cannot

You need to install TWRP with Odin; this is the custom recovery.

To install this the rom, you need to boot into twrp and follow these instructions
I was trying to install as zip in TWRP 3.5.2_9-0, and now I have tried to sideload but no success again. Here is screenshot. Thanks
Screenshot_2022-10-31-09-28-59.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    Hi,

here you can find my version for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE on LineageOS 19.1.

This is a beta build, also from the LineageOS side, there are typical functions still missing, so don't install it if you want a completely stable and completed ROM and don't report my already listet bugs!

Attention:

Sometimes it needs another reboot to find the sim card.

When you have BitGapps installed, you have to reflash them after every update!

This ROM is only tested with N7105, so maybe you could to give me a feedback if it does or does not work with all the different Note 2 LTE variants.

It theoretically should work for:

• SGH-I317
    • SGH-I317M
    • SCH-I605
    • SPH-L900
    • SGH-T889
    • SHV-E250S
    • SHV-E250K
    • SHV-E250L
    • SC-02E
    • GT-N7105/N7105T
    • SGH-T889V
    • SHV-E250S/E250K/E250L
    • SC-02E (SGH-N025)
    Here you can see how far everything is working for now.

• Boot
    • Audio
    • Bluetooth
    • Graphics
    • Cameras
    • Sensors
    • Wifi
    • GPS
    • USB
    • Video playback (HW/SW)
    • Tethering via USB
    • RIL
    • OTA-Updates
    • Tethering via WIFI and Bluetooth
    • much more...
    • Random reboots
    • NFC
    • SD-Card can't be formatted as internal storage, this will cause a bootloop
    • Random losses of sim card
    You could use a gps.conf from https://app.box.com/s/w57s1v1n3hie7l5lk28i for your location and replace /vendor/etc/gps.conf.
    Or you try GPS Server Optimizer app for a faster 3D fix.
    For both methods you need root rights.

I would recommend to use microG instead of BitGapps,
    here you can find the installation instructions:
    1. Download Magisk 24.1 and flash it via TWRP (yes, flash the APK file), reboot
    2. Open Magisk and update the App (and do a reboot if it's asking)
    3. Enable Zygisk in Magisk
    4. Download and install microG installer in the Magisk manager, reboot
    5. Download and install safetynet-fix in the Magisk manager, reboot
    6. Check with a safetynet checker app and you should pass :)
    Samsung seems to use differen't partition tables for these devices,
    so far we know a t889, I317 and maybe other devices != n7105 are having a too small HIDDEN (for us vendor) partition.
    So if you're facing problems like here

Getting "E2001: Failed to update vendor image." during clean flash.

This means that you have to resize it, check out these two posts:
    Manual way
    Zip way

Do you like my work?
    Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
    I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.

donate

Wanna improve your sound configs, control your charging current and more?
    Now you can use my app to access all boeffla configurations, there will follow more functions.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][12.x][N7105/T0LTE][BETA] LineageOS 19.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE

Contributors

html6405
    Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 12.x S
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.5.2
    Based On: LineageOS
    Selinux: permissive, this only makes sense as soon the ROM is stable.

Version Information
    Beta

Created 2022-02-11
    Last Updated 2022-29-29
    Update 17.03.2022:
    • Switched to Android 12L :love:, attention, this could not work with your existing gapps! (mindthegapps will work)
    A clean installation is recommended.
    This is cool, nice work.

I cleaned out my car after 5 years (yeah, I know..), and found my galaxy note 2 that managed to survive all the rolling around in the car and extreme temperatures. Somehow it still works, so I thought let me go see whats going on these days with it.

Could not believe there would be a modern build of android, amazing!

Great work and thank you.

Edit: found the split screen is different now, in recent apps hold down on the title of the app and split top
    Update 29.09.2022:
    • Synced with latest LineageOS sources
    Fail to install magisk.
    what can i do if i need root?
    Try magisk 23.0 or 24.1.