[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][12.1.0][r7][I9100] LineageOS 19.1 [ALPHA]

Search This thread

KalleKnochen

Jun 20, 2022
Hi, Benötige Hilfe. Nach dem flashen bootet das S2 immer wieder in den Download modus - was kann ich tun?

Mod translation via GT: Hi, need help. After flashing, the S2 keeps booting into download mode - what can I do?

Last edited by a moderator:

js-xda

Aug 20, 2018
[...]
Build #2 2022-06-13
Overall state: Stable
Android build: 12.1.0-r7
Required recovery: TWRP 3.3.1-1
[...]
Thank you and @html6405!

I see that you refer still to TWRP 3.3.1 but is there a specific reason not to use the manual pointing towards TWRP 3.6.1 in OP with this specific build? I was wondering to move finally from LOS 18.1 to this one (running recovery on 3.4.1 if I recall correctly from top of my head).

rINanDO

Dec 17, 2009
Thank you and @html6405!

I see that you refer still to TWRP 3.3.1 but is there a specific reason not to use the manual pointing towards TWRP 3.6.1 in OP with this specific build? I was wondering to move finally from LOS 18.1 to this one (running recovery on 3.4.1 if I recall correctly from top of my head).
Simply I didn't try the latest TWRP yet and also because it didn't fit in the recovery partition at first. Now with LOS 19.0-pit it should be possible. And there is a thing with storage.xml which has changed to a binary format causing issues. I think I made a revert commit in frameworks base to restore this xml format. But does TWRP 3.6.1 install LOS 18.1 or 19.0 properly as-is?

Edit: ow wait. I already build 3.6.1... silly me... I just read my own post. I recall my reply. I just copy pasted my previous build texts and forgot I had TWRP 3.6.1 in 2 variants...

Last edited:
Reactions: js-xda

zpunout

Aug 26, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S5
Moto G5 Plus
Hi, Benötige Hilfe. Nach dem flashen bootet das S2 immer wieder in den Download modus - was kann ich tun?

Mod translation via GT: Hi, need help. After flashing, the S2 keeps booting into download mode - what can I do?
My guess would be to return the phone to stock firmware before trying again. The variant of firmware to select to download might be written in the download mode screen (I can't remember exactly for that model), or it might be written under the battery cover. If unsure, then best to wait to see if anyone else here on XDA has better advice than I do.
I remember I had to use Odin 3.07 in Windows (run as administrator mode) to communicate with the S2 (i9100) properly

js-xda

Aug 20, 2018

js-xda

Aug 20, 2018
[...]
Note about new PIT-file: The recovery image of TWRP 3.6.1 exceeds the 8mb partition size of our PIT. That is why I introduced a new PIT-file. I also enlarged the System-partition (FACTORYFS) to 2GB. These are the partition changes (compared with stock) of PIT-file i9100-LOS-19.1.pit :
Partition nameStock sizeLOS 19.1 size
RECOVERY8MB32MB
CACHE100MB76MB
FACTORYFS512MB2048MB
DATAFS2048MB12792MB
UMS11784MB8MB
HIDDEN512MB8MB

[...]

Downloads - TWRP 3.6.1
To install TWRP 3.6.1 you need to enlarge your recovery-partition.
You can download manually the PIT file here.
I recommend to use the "full clean flash"-instructions described above which comes with TWRP 3.6.1.

[...]

As I am lacking a Windows with functioning connection via Odin, I would like to re-PIT via heimdall but have done so only years ago and would like to be sure about required steps. Has anyone taken this action with the latest PIT already via heimdall and can help?

I see that also the PDA contains only some images of the total 15 partitions. Would it be sufficient to flash the PIT and the new TWRP recovery? And then reboot to recovery for further actions (format/wipe system/data/cache/...)? I see that kernel is prior to recovery partition and is therefore not affected? Same goes for modem which is not moved by reducing cache size. I am coming from the previously issued PIT (i9100-LOS-16.0-Emulated-Storage.pit).

In doubt (and due to risk of bricking the device), I will stick to TWRP 3.4.0 (not 3.4.1 as mentioned earlier) and flash the latest LOS 19.1 build - I guess it should work as well.

Phoenix00

Jun 26, 2022
Found my old s2, tried to put the A12 ROM on it but Odin keeps giving me a fail. Don't know why, if anyone could help that would be amazing.

js-xda

Aug 20, 2018
Looking to the differences regarding chipset, CPU and GPU alone (totally different!), I am doubting that it is even close to an easy transfer from i9100 to t989. So, I wouldn't place my bets on it but never say never.

Oops, I made a mistake, I went from the high level category of Samsung S2 and completely neglected the i9100 part. My bad. But still disappointed that the ROM can't be compiled for other sII variants.

Well, same as the question about the t989, the differences of your i727 vs. the i9100 are so massive that it is far beyond "just compiling" it. But the two of you might want to team up as both are way closer than the i9100.

mirhl

Oct 15, 2012
As I am lacking a Windows with functioning connection via Odin, I would like to re-PIT via heimdall but have done so only years ago and would like to be sure about required steps. Has anyone taken this action with the latest PIT already via heimdall and can help?

Reactions: js-xda

js-xda

Aug 20, 2018

Thank you for giving me the right direction / confirmation to give it a try! In the end, it is a single line to repit and flash recovery with heimdall from the shell:

sudo heimdall flash --repartition --pit i9100-LOS-19.1.pit --RECOVERY twrp-3.6.1_9.0-i9100.img --no-reboot

After that reboot to recovery:
  • Wipe -> Format Data
  • Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Davik / ART Cache, Cache, System, Preload, Non-emulated Storage
  • Flash desired ROM
That is what worked for me. More details in the two links provided by mirhl and also here about what a PDA file contains.

Not reproducible observation: On the first attempt following the above steps, "internal storage" was located in "/data/media" and was not linked to "/sdcard". On the second attempt, "internal storage" was located in /data/media/0" and was linked to "/sdcard".

Reproducible observation: On the first boot after installation, the phone is stuck on the initial boot splash for more than 5 min. I had to force shutdown once and boot again to get into LineageOS 19.1.

Other observations:
  • Same as on other LineageOS 19.1 builds (my reference OnePlus 5), USB debugging is active. Can be deactivated in developer mode. Also, USB connection mode selector is only accessible thru the settings menu - no shortcut upon connecting USB cable.
  • As the very initial screen is already a bit tight for the standard LineageOS 19.1 greeting (see image below), one might be missing that the buttons to proceed are below and you need to scroll. I was a bit confused for a moment.
    Screenshot_20220630-210543_Setup Wizard.png
So, no further nagging on details but want to share for others as information. I am very thankful to everyone who makes it possible to run Android 12.1 on this ancient phone!

js-xda

Aug 20, 2018
[...] So, no further nagging on details but want to share for others as information. [...]

Again not intended as picking on details but plainly sharing as information for others and to decide for rINanDO whether to fix or not:

• Default, display timeout is "null" - nothing selected.
  • When changing the battery icon in "status bar" (not sure about translation), this will not be reflected in the quick access drop down menu (standard battery icon without percentage is kept whatever you set).
  • Normally not using the Chromium based browser, I missed almost in the default dark design the dark grey dialog text on very very slightly less dark grey background - e. g. "delete" / "OK" / "cancel" / ... in pop ups in settings and so. I guess rather something of LineageOS while I can't recall having seen this with other devices.

Reactions: rINanDO

js-xda

Aug 20, 2018
Another interesting observation - no clue whether already the case with previous LOS versions: While being in flight mode but WiFi on, I noticed 213 % battery usage by mobile network. 213 % sounds just a little bit too much under these circumstances ... But as I wasn't 100 % sure that I had the phone from the start in flight mode, I did another test (charging to 100 %) which resulted still in battery usage caused by mobile network. I started to wonder whether WiFi is categorized as mobile network and did a last test with WiFi off and still (only) mobile network battery usage was indicated.

Is this "by design correct" - e. g. linked to old kernel not supporting this reporting function properly - or is the mobile network not completely off in flight mode due to some bug?

No disaster for me but I was surprised after all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220703-072056_Einstellungen.png
    Screenshot_20220703-072056_Einstellungen.png
    44.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20220703-170318_Einstellungen.png
    Screenshot_20220703-170318_Einstellungen.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20220703-191814_Einstellungen.png
    Screenshot_20220703-191814_Einstellungen.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 10

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi i cant install gapps
    i use twrp 3.6
    any idea
    rINanDO said that MindTheGApps need the toybox version of TWRP 3.6.1 (on first post).
    Maybe it also apply to BiTGApps
    I have connection issue on lineage
    Wifi always sys no internet
    I installed safety net and zygisk but no luck
    Hello
    My be my short investigation help you:
    For me the issue with WiFi still problematic as well. I raised up the issue some times and repeat it now:
    Issue description:
    1) For default security setting: wpa+psk
    - Wifi connection to Hotspot with default setting under Windows at my notebook work well. Here is log of successful connection:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/15IQqqaAHaOYIQBS7LAJ9L0XHmWZ5hIdE/view?usp=sharing
    - Wifi connection to Hotspot with default setting under Fedora at my notebook does not work. Here is log of connection attempt:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QTHcjPQX0drKRe-FRMIcPbuI0osHljrH/view?usp=sharing
    - Wifi connection mostly work well with other Hotspots, only few unsuccessful case I can remember.
    2) For non default security setting: none
    - Wifi connection to Hotspot with default setting (exept security) under Fedora at my notebook work well.
    I have not any issues to use Wifi Hotspot from my Fedora (it is my mostly working system) system with other client devices. The problem is not critical for me, but I am interesting to find solution. Please, any help
    lineage.jpg

Code:
    /*
    ** Your warranty is now void.
    ** We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    ** thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    ** do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    ** before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    ** you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    **/

About LineageOS

LineageOS is a free and open-source operating system for set-top boxes, smartphones and tablet computers, based on the Android mobile platform. It is the successor to the custom ROM CyanogenMod, from which it was forked in December 2016 when Cyanogen Inc. announced it was discontinuing development and shut down the infrastructure behind the project. Since Cyanogen Inc. retained the rights to the Cyanogen name, the project rebranded its fork as LineageOS.

LineageOS was officially launched on December 24, 2016, with the source code available on GitHub. Since that time, LineageOS development builds now cover more than 185 phone models with over 1.9 million active installs,having doubled its user base in the month February–March 2017 And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

About Galaxy S2 running Android 12 12.1!
    Hi everyone,

Welcome to my thread for i9100 (from 2011) running Android 12. It took a while, but now the rom is at a usable state (no daily).
    In my country my provider KPN will stop supporting 3G on march 2022 and this wil make my S2 unusable for daily drive. This means I probably won't port this phone to Android 13 in the future.

Update 16-03-2022
    I renamed the thread because I updated the sources to LOS 19.1/Android 12.1 and everything is still working except of GPS.

Credits
    * @ChronoMonochrome
    * Shivaay
    * @lee.wp14
    * @ze7zez
    * arco68
    * Team Infusion
    * LineageOS & CO (For Source Code)
    * All the authors the last 10 years working on this legendary phone
    * Last but not least @channel48 which reviews custom ROMS from all kind of phones including my work on this ancient one :)

I hope I didn't miss someone, please let me know.

Source code:
    https://www.github.com/lineageos
    https://www.github.com/rinando

Current state:
    Working:
    - RIL (Phone/SMS)
    - Audio
    - Bluetooth (audio & headset)
    - Wifi
    - IMEI
    - Touchkeys
    - Hardware encode/decoder
    - Display
    - DRM, for e.g. Netflix
    - Selinux enforced
    - BitGapps
    - Magisk v23.0 v24.1
    - FM Radio (using Spirit2)
    - Camera Videorecording
    - Camera Pictures
    - MicroG support
    - (A)GPS fixed! Thanks to @html6405 for helping me out!

Working-ish/WIP:
    - BLN
    - Camera Pictures, one time only and crashes after second use untill reboot.
    - Sensors, sometimes works

Not working/known issues:
    - AGPS
    - Camera Videorecording

- PowerHAL
    - LiveDisplay
    - MicroG support

Won't fix:
    - HDMI (MHL) (support broken/removed since CM 10)
    - (A)GPS, I can't fix this blob crash :(

How to FULL clean flash LOS 19.1 and TWRP 3.6.1_9.0
    Warning: This will erase your data-partition completely!
    1. Download i9100-LOS 19.1 via ODIN.zip and unzip it on your Windows PC.
    2. Start the Odin3 v3.07.exe in the ODIN3 v3.07-folder
    3. Choose for PIT: i9100-LOS-19.1.pit
    4. Choose for PDA: i9100-LOS-19.1_android-12.1.0_r2.tar
    5. Make sure the following checkboxes are checked:
      1. Auto Reboot (optional)
      2. Re-Partition
      3. PDA
    6. Click Start!
    7. Reboot your phone and LOS 19.1 will start. First start could take about a few minutes.
    Note about new PIT-file: The recovery image of TWRP 3.6.1 exceeds the 8mb partition size of our PIT. That is why I introduced a new PIT-file. I also enlarged the System-partition (FACTORYFS) to 2GB. These are the partition changes (compared with stock) of PIT-file i9100-LOS-19.1.pit :
    Partition nameStock sizeLOS 19.1 size
    RECOVERY8MB32MB
    CACHE100MB76MB
    FACTORYFS512MB2048MB
    DATAFS2048MB12792MB
    UMS11784MB8MB
    HIDDEN512MB8MB

How to apply Magisk
    • Copy the Magisked kernel on the SD-card of your phone.
      This is the second download-file in the download section ending with ...magisk_boot.img.
    • Reboot into recovery (TWRP)
    • In TWRP
      • Choose Install
      • Choose Install Image
        Now you can select ...magisk_boot.img
      • Choose Boot
      • And flash it
    • Reboot into Android
    • Download Magisk from https://magiskmanager.com
      • If you download the .zip, rename it to .apk
      • Install the Magisk App in Android and follow its instructions

Downloads - TWRP 3.6.1
    To install TWRP 3.6.1 you need to enlarge your recovery-partition.
    You can download manually the PIT file here.
    I recommend to use the "full clean flash"-instructions described above which comes with TWRP 3.6.1.

Download TWRP 3.6.1_9.0 here:
    twrp-3.6.1_9.0-i9100.img

If you need Toybox instead of Busybox, you can download the toybox-version here:
    twrp-3.6.1_9.0-i9100_toybox.img

How to flash .img-file:
    In TWRP => Install => Install Image => Choose your img-file => Choose Recovery => Flash

Downloads - LOS 19.1 Builds

Build #2 2022-06-13

Changes:
    - Updated LOS sources
    - Fixed (A)GPS thanks to @html6405 !

Downloads
    lineage-19.1-20220613-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip
    lineage-19.1-20220613-UNOFFICIAL-i9100_magisk_24100_boot.img

Build #1 2022-03-15
    Android build: 12.1.0-r1

Changes:
    - Updated LOS sources
    - If you are using Magisk, please use v24.1.
    There are issues with v24.2 and v24.3 which doesn't work properly on our device.

Downloads
    lineage-19.1-20220315-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip
    lineage-19.1-20220315-UNOFFICIAL-i9100_magisk_24100_boot.img

LOS 19.0 Builds

Build #3 2022-02-28

Android build: 12.0.0-r29

Changes:
    - Updated LOS sources
    - Fixes Bluetooth
    - Disabled (A)GPS, I can't fix this.

Downloads
    lineage-19.0-20220227-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip
    lineage-19.0-20220227-UNOFFICIAL-i9100_magisk_boot.img

Build #2 2022-01-09
    Overall state: Lets find out!
    Android build: 12.0.0-r18

Changes:
    - Updated LOS sources
    - Fixed Camera picture
    - Fixed Camera videorecording
    - MicroG support (Should work, I didn't test it myself, please test)
    - Disabled some animation for more responsiveness
    - Some optimization for zRAM/IO/LMK and background services

Downloads
    lineage-19.0-20220109-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip
    lineage-19.0-20220109-UNOFFICIAL-i9100_magisk_boot.img

Build #1 2021-12-28

Downloads
    lineage-19.0-20211228-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip
    lineage-19.0-20211228-UNOFFICIAL-i9100_magisk_boot.img
    New build is up!
    Hi everyone,
    In this build I fixed the camera and some decoding issues when playing video via the Gallery. It was using software coding. I also found the patches updated for Android 12 to support MicroG. I didn't patched it myself nor test it. Please test if this is working. The code looks good. I wanted to fix GPS first but I haven't got a clue why the blob is crashing...
    I also applied some optimizations taken from i9300 LOS 19.0 builds so let see if it actually works and improves on our device.
    Happy testing!

Build #2 2022-01-09

Changes:
    - Updated LOS sources
    - Fixed Camera picture
    - Fixed Camera videorecording
    - MicroG support (Should work, I didn't test it myself, please test)
    - Disabled some animation for more responsiveness
    - Some optimization for zRAM/IO/LMK and background services

Downloads
    lineage-19.0-20220109-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip
    lineage-19.0-20220109-UNOFFICIAL-i9100_magisk_boot.img
    New Build is up!
    Special thanks to @html6405 for sharing his fix for GPS. Sources are updated and GPS is fixed!

Build #2 2022-06-13

Changes:
    - Updated LOS sources
    - Fixed (A)GPS thanks to @html6405 !

Downloads
    lineage-19.1-20220613-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip
    lineage-19.1-20220613-UNOFFICIAL-i9100_magisk_24100_boot.img
    New build is up!
    I noticed few days ago LOS has updated their repositories to Android 12.1, so I updated the sources and build it ;) Everything seems to be working like in LOS 19.0. I didn't have to make any device specific changes in code so it was an easy port without any effort on my side. All credits to the LOS-team!
    I don't know if there is any GAPPS for Android 12.1 available at this point, probably not yet. In the meanwhile I will create periodically new builds also for LOS 19.0 until LOS stops updating this and continues with LOS 19.1.
    Have fun!

Build #1 2022-03-15
    Android build: 12.1.0-r1

Changes:
    - Updated LOS sources
    - If you are using Magisk, please use v24.1.
    There are issues with v24.2 and v24.3 which doesn't work properly on our device.

Downloads
    lineage-19.1-20220315-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip
    lineage-19.1-20220315-UNOFFICIAL-i9100_magisk_24100_boot.img
    Hi guys,

I was quite busy last months. I was making builds in the background but never reported here due lack of time... I just read html6405's PM and post here. So I will include it in the next build. I already pulled r7 from LOS. Stay tuned! Thanks for helping!