[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][12.1.0][r7][I9100] LineageOS 19.1 [ALPHA]

Search This thread

rINanDO

Dec 17, 2009
New build is up!
Hi everyone,
In this build I fixed the camera and some decoding issues when playing video via the Gallery. It was using software coding. I also found the patches updated for Android 12 to support MicroG. I didn't patched it myself nor test it. Please test if this is working. The code looks good. I wanted to fix GPS first but I haven't got a clue why the blob is crashing...
I also applied some optimizations taken from i9300 LOS 19.0 builds so let see if it actually works and improves on our device.
Happy testing!

Build #2 2022-01-09
Overall state: Lets find out!
Android build: 12.0.0-r18
Required recovery: TWRP 3.3.1-1

Changes:
- Updated LOS sources
- Fixed Camera picture
- Fixed Camera videorecording
- MicroG support (Should work, I didn't test it myself, please test)
- Disabled some animation for more responsiveness
- Some optimization for zRAM/IO/LMK and background services

Downloads
lineage-19.0-20220109-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip
lineage-19.0-20220109-UNOFFICIAL-i9100_magisk_boot.img

notnoelchannel

Sep 18, 2021
/dev/block/mmcblk0p9
Nexus 7
Galaxy Y Duos
>
I probably won't port this phone to Android 13 in the future.

I might not be a user of a Galaxy S2, but you should still make custom roms for this phone, just for fun (if it does not take THAT much effort), because this might be the oldest phone that runs Android 12 (Tell me id there is some other 2011 phone that can run Android 12 or 11), no one even really uses android 12 on S2 for main use because it just feels too slow for people, but it is kinda neat to see it running, you can quit making custom roms for an S2, but I'm just saying, you would make me really sad.
or he can make lineageos 19.0 for Galaxy S4 i9505 for example. it supports 4G

PeterPablo

Jan 18, 2022
Dear rlNanDo,
after years of lurking around of XDA I finally decided to sign up to express my admiration and gratitude towards you and fellow persistent developers that keep outdated smartphones alive by showing dedication and preserverance! Thank you!

On topic I'd like to report:
- flashing/using #1
went fine and I had it all nicely set up to turn my S2 into a bluetooth radio player:
+ bluetooth works
+ wifi works
+ GUI sometimes a little bit sluggish, but no issue
+ rear camera works
+ toggling to front camera makes camera app freeze (I was not able to resurrect camera app, as that kept force-closing on restart, even by deletion of data/cache of that app)
+ trying "Gabeldorsch" bluetooth stack from developer settings rendered bluetooth unusable, but that is not an actual issue as the regular bluetooth works just fine
- backing up/restoring #1
did not go fine. As you will read below, I had issues with #2. I made a backup of my running installation in TWRP. Restoring that backup though did not bring me beyond the boot screen of Lineage OS animation.
- flashing/using #2
+ bluetooth does not work (I did this time not change any settings in developer settings)
+ Home Screen can not be modified (I could not add widgets / shortcuts)
+ compared to #1 this version seems to got through a more elaborate setup assistant, if my memory serves me well (asks for language, wifi, etc.)
+ I returned to #1, as fixed Homescreen and non-working bluetooth rendered this build "defunctional" for my use-case.
+ There seems to be no way to enable "enhanced reboot menu" (going directly to recovery TWRP) from the developer settings

Hopefully, my feedback is helping a tiny bit of showing you both some kinks as well as that your work is appreciated.

Best regards
PeterPablo

JaLoou

Jun 20, 2017
PeterPablo, thanks for your posting!
Please, continue to report here about issues in this firmware.
Also, please, run AnTuTu performance test and report about its result to us.

rINanDO

Dec 17, 2009
No complaints, just some observations. Bluetooth not working, and maybe its me but WiFi a bit temperamental to connect. Power consumption seems high, might settle down.
Overall impressed with the Port, like anything new I expect a few issues, and looking forward to release #3
Ow I didn't noticed bluetooth broke in build #3, nor the launcher has a bug. I synched the new LOS sources yesterday for r27 and will check those issues are already solved.

stan08.

Jan 29, 2022
Berlin
Thanks for the ROM!
On my S2 bluetooth is working after a clean flash with build#2 - reboot - starting with setup assistent for language, timezone and so on.
After that i restarted in twrp recovery and flashed the magisk boot.img FROM BUILD #1 - (not build #2).
It seems to me that flashing of magisk boot.img makes bluetooth operating - even without completing the magisk installation with magisk app(apk).

If i want to add, move or remove icons on the homescreen i have to lock -not to unlock- layout in the homescreen settings screen.
I do not use camera, so the ROM feels very stable even with little undervolting!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220129-072317_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20220129-072317_Trebuchet.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 144
  • Screenshot_20220129-071615_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20220129-071615_Trebuchet.png
    68.7 KB · Views: 142
  • Screenshot_20220129-071106_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20220129-071106_Trebuchet.png
    50.5 KB · Views: 145

PeterPablo

Jan 18, 2022
Thanks for the ROM!
On my S2 bluetooth is working after a clean flash with build#2 - reboot - starting with setup assistent for language, timezone and so on.
After that i restarted in twrp recovery and flashed the magisk boot.img FROM BUILD #1 - (not build #2).
It seems to me that flashing of magisk boot.img makes bluetooth operating - even without completing the magisk installation with magisk app(apk).

If i want to add, move or remove icons on the homescreen i have to lock -not to unlock- layout in the homescreen settings screen.
I do not use camera, so the ROM feels very stable even with little undervolting!
Interesting hint with respect to flashing the boot.img. I have not yet done that for either build #1 or build #2. Can someone explain the rationale for flashing it? Is it strictly required? The initial posting does not give specific instructions.

JaLoou

Jun 20, 2017
This means I probably won't port this phone to Android 13 in the future.
I'm supporting it fully. I think it is better to polish some firmware to perfection fixing all its issues and enabling all possible smartphone features rather than run for a buggy implementation of newer version of OS with luring new people as victims.

Reactions: sky321

DevisG79

Jan 26, 2015
Hannover
i9100
OnePlus 8 Pro
I'm supporting it fully. I think it is better to polish some firmware to perfection fixing all its issues and enabling all possible smartphone features rather than run for a buggy implementation of newer version of OS with luring new people as victims.
What do you support? Samsung stock rom? Then you are wrong here! The only thing you are doing here is that you are insulting the developer with your statements, and all those who helped to support this custom rom. Then polish the firmware to perfection. Good luck. I can not understand that you can still look in the mirror in the evening with a clear conscience.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage.jpg

Code:
    /*
    ** Your warranty is now void.
    ** We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    ** thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    ** do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    ** before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    ** you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    **/

About LineageOS

LineageOS is a free and open-source operating system for set-top boxes, smartphones and tablet computers, based on the Android mobile platform. It is the successor to the custom ROM CyanogenMod, from which it was forked in December 2016 when Cyanogen Inc. announced it was discontinuing development and shut down the infrastructure behind the project. Since Cyanogen Inc. retained the rights to the Cyanogen name, the project rebranded its fork as LineageOS.

LineageOS was officially launched on December 24, 2016, with the source code available on GitHub. Since that time, LineageOS development builds now cover more than 185 phone models with over 1.9 million active installs,having doubled its user base in the month February–March 2017 And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

About Galaxy S2 running Android 12 12.1!
    Hi everyone,

Welcome to my thread for i9100 (from 2011) running Android 12. It took a while, but now the rom is at a usable state (no daily).
    In my country my provider KPN will stop supporting 3G on march 2022 and this wil make my S2 unusable for daily drive. This means I probably won't port this phone to Android 13 in the future.

Update 16-03-2022
    I renamed the thread because I updated the sources to LOS 19.1/Android 12.1 and everything is still working except of GPS.

Credits
    * @ChronoMonochrome
    * Shivaay
    * @lee.wp14
    * @ze7zez
    * arco68
    * Team Infusion
    * LineageOS & CO (For Source Code)
    * All the authors the last 10 years working on this legendary phone
    * Last but not least @channel48 which reviews custom ROMS from all kind of phones including my work on this ancient one :)

I hope I didn't miss someone, please let me know.

Source code:
    https://www.github.com/lineageos
    https://www.github.com/rinando

Current state:
    Working:
    - RIL (Phone/SMS)
    - Audio
    - Bluetooth (audio & headset)
    - Wifi
    - IMEI
    - Touchkeys
    - Hardware encode/decoder
    - Display
    - DRM, for e.g. Netflix
    - Selinux enforced
    - BitGapps
    - Magisk v23.0 v24.1
    - FM Radio (using Spirit2)
    - Camera Videorecording
    - Camera Pictures
    - MicroG support
    - (A)GPS fixed! Thanks to @html6405 for helping me out!

Working-ish/WIP:
    - BLN
    - Camera Pictures, one time only and crashes after second use untill reboot.
    - Sensors, sometimes works

Not working/known issues:
    - AGPS
    - Camera Videorecording

- PowerHAL
    - LiveDisplay
    - MicroG support

Won't fix:
    - HDMI (MHL) (support broken/removed since CM 10)
    - (A)GPS, I can't fix this blob crash :(

How to FULL clean flash LOS 19.1 and TWRP 3.6.1_9.0
    Warning: This will erase your data-partition completely!
    1. Download i9100-LOS 19.1 via ODIN.zip and unzip it on your Windows PC.
    2. Start the Odin3 v3.07.exe in the ODIN3 v3.07-folder
    3. Choose for PIT: i9100-LOS-19.1.pit
    4. Choose for PDA: i9100-LOS-19.1_android-12.1.0_r2.tar
    5. Make sure the following checkboxes are checked:
      1. Auto Reboot (optional)
      2. Re-Partition
      3. PDA
    6. Click Start!
    7. Reboot your phone and LOS 19.1 will start. First start could take about a few minutes.
    Note about new PIT-file: The recovery image of TWRP 3.6.1 exceeds the 8mb partition size of our PIT. That is why I introduced a new PIT-file. I also enlarged the System-partition (FACTORYFS) to 2GB. These are the partition changes (compared with stock) of PIT-file i9100-LOS-19.1.pit :
    Partition nameStock sizeLOS 19.1 size
    RECOVERY8MB32MB
    CACHE100MB76MB
    FACTORYFS512MB2048MB
    DATAFS2048MB12792MB
    UMS11784MB8MB
    HIDDEN512MB8MB

How to apply Magisk
    • Copy the Magisked kernel on the SD-card of your phone.
      This is the second download-file in the download section ending with ...magisk_boot.img.
    • Reboot into recovery (TWRP)
    • In TWRP
      • Choose Install
      • Choose Install Image
        Now you can select ...magisk_boot.img
      • Choose Boot
      • And flash it
    • Reboot into Android
    • Download Magisk from https://magiskmanager.com
      • If you download the .zip, rename it to .apk
      • Install the Magisk App in Android and follow its instructions

Downloads - TWRP 3.6.1
    To install TWRP 3.6.1 you need to enlarge your recovery-partition.
    You can download manually the PIT file here.
    I recommend to use the "full clean flash"-instructions described above which comes with TWRP 3.6.1.

Download TWRP 3.6.1_9.0 here:
    twrp-3.6.1_9.0-i9100.img

If you need Toybox instead of Busybox, you can download the toybox-version here:
    twrp-3.6.1_9.0-i9100_toybox.img

How to flash .img-file:
    In TWRP => Install => Install Image => Choose your img-file => Choose Recovery => Flash

Downloads - LOS 19.1 Builds

Build #2 2022-06-13

Overall state: Stable
    Android build: 12.1.0-r7

Changes:
    - Updated LOS sources
    - Fixed (A)GPS thanks to @html6405 !

Downloads
    lineage-19.1-20220613-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip
    lineage-19.1-20220613-UNOFFICIAL-i9100_magisk_24100_boot.img

Build #1 2022-03-15
    Android build: 12.1.0-r1

Changes:
    - Updated LOS sources
    - If you are using Magisk, please use v24.1.
    There are issues with v24.2 and v24.3 which doesn't work properly on our device.

Downloads
    lineage-19.1-20220315-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip
    lineage-19.1-20220315-UNOFFICIAL-i9100_magisk_24100_boot.img

LOS 19.0 Builds

Build #3 2022-02-28

Android build: 12.0.0-r29

Changes:
    - Updated LOS sources
    - Fixes Bluetooth
    - Disabled (A)GPS, I can't fix this.

Downloads
    lineage-19.0-20220227-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip
    lineage-19.0-20220227-UNOFFICIAL-i9100_magisk_boot.img

Build #2 2022-01-09

Changes:
    - Updated LOS sources
    - Fixed Camera picture

Downloads

Build #1 2021-12-28

Downloads
    lineage-19.0-20211228-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip
    lineage-19.0-20211228-UNOFFICIAL-i9100_magisk_boot.img
    New build is up!
    Hi everyone,
    In this build I fixed the camera and some decoding issues when playing video via the Gallery. It was using software coding. I also found the patches updated for Android 12 to support MicroG. I didn't patched it myself nor test it. Please test if this is working. The code looks good. I wanted to fix GPS first but I haven't got a clue why the blob is crashing...
    I also applied some optimizations taken from i9300 LOS 19.0 builds so let see if it actually works and improves on our device.
    Happy testing!

Build #2 2022-01-09

Changes:
    - Updated LOS sources
    - Fixed Camera picture

Downloads
    New Build is up!
    Special thanks to @html6405 for sharing his fix for GPS. Sources are updated and GPS is fixed!

Build #2 2022-06-13
    Android build: 12.1.0-r7

Changes:
    - Updated LOS sources
    - Fixed (A)GPS thanks to @html6405 !

Downloads
    lineage-19.1-20220613-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip
    lineage-19.1-20220613-UNOFFICIAL-i9100_magisk_24100_boot.img
    New build is up!
    I noticed few days ago LOS has updated their repositories to Android 12.1, so I updated the sources and build it ;) Everything seems to be working like in LOS 19.0. I didn't have to make any device specific changes in code so it was an easy port without any effort on my side. All credits to the LOS-team!
    I don't know if there is any GAPPS for Android 12.1 available at this point, probably not yet. In the meanwhile I will create periodically new builds also for LOS 19.0 until LOS stops updating this and continues with LOS 19.1.
    Have fun!

Build #1 2022-03-15
    Android build: 12.1.0-r1

Changes:
    - Updated LOS sources
    - If you are using Magisk, please use v24.1.
    There are issues with v24.2 and v24.3 which doesn't work properly on our device.

Downloads
    lineage-19.1-20220315-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip
    lineage-19.1-20220315-UNOFFICIAL-i9100_magisk_24100_boot.img
    Hi guys,

I was quite busy last months. I was making builds in the background but never reported here due lack of time... I just read html6405's PM and post here. So I will include it in the next build. I already pulled r7 from LOS. Stay tuned! Thanks for helping!