[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][12.1][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 19.1 for Galaxy Tab S6 Lite Exynos

Search This thread

Iceman66

Aug 7, 2013
Where can i find the older versions? Only available version on my SD-card is 220318 version, but i can"t flash it with Lineage recovery, the system sees it as a downgrade and aborts flashing.
Edit: Nevermind, 0501 version already available. Thx. @Linux4
Edit 2: flashing failed from SDcard with 220501 lineage recovery:
assert failed: update_dynamic_partitions(package_extract_file("dynamic_partitions_op_list")
E: Error in / sideload/package.zip (status 1)

Last edited:

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
Where can i find the older versions? Only available version on my SD-card is 220318 version, but i can"t flash it with Lineage recovery, the system sees it as a downgrade and aborts flashing.
Edit: Nevermind, 0501 version already available. Thx. @Linux4
Edit 2: flashing failed from SDcard with 220501 lineage recovery:
assert failed: update_dynamic_partitions(package_extract_file("dynamic_partitions_op_list")
E: Error in / sideload/package.zip (status 1)
If you didn't succeed in flashing, you may need to start over by going back to stock ROM, reboot to system, connect wifi, skip the rest of setup, re-enable Dev mode and OEM and then flash 0501 recovery and LOS.

Iceman66

Aug 7, 2013
If you didn't succeed in flashing, you may need to start over by going back to stock ROM, reboot to system, connect wifi, skip the rest of setup, re-enable Dev mode and OEM and then flash 0501 recovery and LOS.

Here is what i did:
I was on 0423 built and tried to flash 0430 OTA-built.
Tablet didn't boot and flashing 0318 built with Lineage recovery was aborted, recovery sees it as a downgrade.
I downloaded latest Samsung stock ROM, march 2022 version with Android 12 and flashed it with Odin.
Tablet booted okay, so i flashed 0501 Lineage recovery with Odin and did a factory reset.
Flashing 0501 built from SD-card or with adb sideload from laptop was not succesfull, tablet is not booting.
I will try it with an older version from Github now.

flitzjoy

Sep 17, 2008
São Paulo
root/magisk question ahead - BUT its related to Lineage.

Somebody managed to get SafetyNet pass working on version 19.1? I dont know if its because the Android 12L (12.1?) and something safetynet expects, i couldnt find a valid fingerprint with MagiskHidePropsConfig. On Lineage 18 was straight forward.

ccpower

Nov 21, 2016
Am i missing something, the instructions in this topic say "any R based firmware" which is what i (probably) have since i think the tablet came with Android 11 (now running Lineage 18), but the official Lineage wiki instructions say Android 12 firmware required? There seems to be plenty of Samsung firmware sites, but i don't know which are trustworthy.

ccpower

Nov 21, 2016
sammobile or sfirmware are trustworthy.
fast download with samfw

Yeah, i figured they're all pretty dodgy. Sfirmware doesn't have 12 for NEE, my region code. Samfw lets you download one file out of four, then wants Google login for the rest (i don't have Google creds and never will).

Reading around, Sammobile seems the most credible but requires registration and caps downloads at 300kb/s but i registered with false info and i'll just let the tablet download it overnight. Not a problem.

Still wondering if this is necessary, because of conflicting instructions.

R!ffRaff

Oct 21, 2019
i loaded the firmware at samfw without login directly with 11mb / s and about 4gb
whats your country?

ccpower

Nov 21, 2016
i loaded the firmware at samfw without login directly with 11mb / s and about 4gb
whats your country?
I mean these. The AP file downloaded fine and fast from the "Download on Browser" button.
1.png

But the rest, BL, CSC and HOME require login with Google. If i understand correctly, these are needed for flashing too since Samfw offers these splits but Sammobile offers a single file.
2.png

EDIT: looks like uBlock hid the "main" download button for the single file download. It did not require login and the speed was a decent 25MB/s too. I still don't know why Samfw restricts the split files like that, but I now have the firmware. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

asdplokk

Mar 7, 2022
Hello, I am wondering how to upgrade from LOS 18.1 to LOS 19.1 now that it's official.

Reading the guide at the LOS wiki, it states that Android 12 firmware is needed. I am assuming that this 'firmware' on (samfw, sammobile etc) is the stock ROM and associated files, and that installing is requires all data to be erased.

Could someone summarize the best way to go from from Android 11 (e.g LOS 18) to LOS 19.1?
thanks

edit: correct me if I am wrong, here is how I understand the process:
reset to stock samsung A12 firmware via recovery
install LOS 19.1 similarly to installing LOS for the first time

Last edited:

xsw2

Jan 14, 2021
You can also use download tools that get files straight from Samsung servers. Faster and no ads or sign up, from my impression. Frija and S-whatever that was (Windows) or Samloader (Linux). I'm using Samloader (has a command for decrypting the file). https://github.com/samloader/samloader. just a terminal program so it can be hard to use. BTU stands for the United Kingdom region code. I have no idea what the US one is, and no, USA did not work and I tried some Country Specific Codes (CSC) in the US. I'm in the US and I'm getting 8-12 mb/s. Not sure about the latest UK build's compatibility with the gta4xlwifi. . .

Last edited:

ccpower

Nov 21, 2016
https://lineage.linux4.de/fw_update/gta4xlwifi.html doesn't require you to go back to full stock (the firmware is downloaded automatically using samloader in gh actions in my repo here: https://github.com/Linux4/firmware-update)
Can 18 be upgraded to 19 after that without wiping? I know dirty flashes aren't really recommended, but personally i prefer them at least until i run into my first issue doing so. Thus far, i've dirty flashed dozens of devices without problems. Lucky, maybe. I'd just rather not reconfigure my device and its three user profiles unless it's absolutely necessary.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1607247455067.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    • Follow the instructions here

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're using TWRP
    • DO NOT Report bugs while having Magisk installed (especially with Zygisk enabled)
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
    Telegram group

Contributors
    Linux4, programminghoch10
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_gta4xl/tree/lineage-19.1
    Requirements:
    • Any R based firmware installed on your device.

Pre-Install Instructions

Warning: The following instructions will unlock the bootloader and wipe all userdata on the device.

1. Connect the device to a Wi-Fi network.
    2. Enable Developer Options by pressing the “Build Number” option in the “Settings” app within the “About” menu
      • From within the Developer options menu, enable OEM unlock.
    3. Power off the device, and boot it into download mode:
      • With the device powered off, hold Volume Down + Volume Up and connect USB cable to PC.
      • Now, click the button that the onscren instructions coorelate to “Continue” and/or “Unlock Bootloader”.
    4. Your device will reboot, you may now unplug the USB cable from your device.
    5. The device will demand you format userdata, please follow the onscreen instructions to do so.
    6. Run through Android Setup skipping everything you can, then connect the device to a Wi-Fi network.
    7. Re-enable Development settings by clicking the “Build Number” option 10 times, in the “Settings” app within the “About” menu, and verify that “OEM Unlock” is still enabled in the “Developer options” menu.

Installing LineageOS for the first time
    1. Flash lineage recovery
      Only the provided lineage recovery will be supported,
      using TWRP might result in a possible data loss!!

If using Odin rename the lineage recovery image for your model to recovery.img and add it to a .tar archive using e.g 7zip.
      If using Heimdall use: heimdall flash --RECOVERY recovery.img --no-reboot
    2. Boot lineage recovery
      IMPORTANT: Do not boot into system again before booting recovery, or system will restore stock recovery!
      If using Odin untick auto-reboot before flashing.
      After flashing reboot by pressing Volume Down and Power for approximately 7 seconds,
      immediately hold Volume Up and Power to boot recovery
      IMPORTANT: As of OneUI 3 your device needs to be connected to a PC via USB cable in order to be able to
      boot recovery via Volume Up, Bixby and Power.
    3. Factory reset using Factory reset -> Format data/factory reset
      Warning: Unlike TWRP this will also erase internal storage!
    4. Sideload LineageOS by enabling sideload via Apply Update -> Apply from ADB
      Then run adb sideload <path to your lineage.zip> on your PC
      Optional:
    5. Sideload GApps and magisk by repeating above step
      with their zip/apk

Magisk
    I strongly recommend to use Lygisk instead,
    which is a fork of Magisk that aims to improve support for devices with FBE that can't (and shouldn't anyways!) decrypt userdata in recovery,
    this will also fix OTAs getting stuck while having installed Magisk.
    Features

• SELinux enforcing
    • AES-256-XTS FBE encryption
    • Latest Linux 4.14.x kernel

Known issues
    • LineageOS specific features like livedisplay (for now)
    • You tell me
    https://lineage.linux4.de/fw_update/gta4xlwifi.html doesn't require you to go back to full stock (the firmware is downloaded automatically using samloader in gh actions in my repo here: https://github.com/Linux4/firmware-update)